Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

I'm looking for feedback from players who have been spending countless hours each day farming the bosses in Forgotten Payon, only to end up with 0 to 1 pieces of gear.

In the last 3 days, I've been in a raid with 6-10 people for an average of 5 hours a day, and we've only seen 2 pieces drop. This is including ALL raid members wearing buff costume, VIP, Midgard's Grace buff, Hunter Buff, Thief Potion, rice cake bag and aromine pet buff.

I'm asking around to hear your experiences so the dev's can see that there is a potential issue. This is extremely frustrating every time you kill a boss, and you get nothing except A LOT of ignatius gear. This brings the morale down and I fear that once again, we will lose more players from this game.

We all know that after last week's Thursday emergency maintenance, the little mobs stopped dropping Eddga gear with no explanation given. Now we look to farming the bosses, and the drop rate feels like 1% chance?

Also, yes, I understand there is a token exchange system for gear, however, not everyone wants to settle for 2 star, and the token exchange rate is a bit high in my opinion. I'm not looking to be spoon fed eddga gear, I want to accept a challenge, however this is ridiculous.

If anyone has been successful with gear hunting, what is your success story compared to others, what is it that you are doing differently? And those that agree with me on a problem with Eddga gear dropping from the boss, please say something.

Thank you.

tldr; eddga gear drop rate from bosses suck. Pls reply agreeing.

#2 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

I spent 6 hours solo farming Imoogi, I killed every channel repeatedly and not a single drop. I agree the drop rate sucks. I don't expect a change though.

#3 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:16 PM

We caught a few people bugging Imoogi, so the way they are getting items: abusing exploits. The next day I see them refining their gear to +20. Cheaters win, yay. I think it's been reported already though, so we'll see Gravity take action (far too late).

Anyways, for the legitimate players, so far only one guild member has found a piece of Eddga gear soloing. It dropped from normal mobs. We've gone everyday to do quests, we've had looters during the ML35 grind, I've gone on solo hunts, but still no luck for the rest of us. We also spent last night farming Great Stone Kephri, no luck there either.

#4 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

We caught a few people bugging Imoogi, so the way they are getting items: abusing exploits. The next day I see them refining their gear to +20. Cheaters win, yay. I think it's been reported already though, so we'll see Gravity take action (far too late).

Anyways, for the legitimate players, so far only one guild member has found a piece of Eddga gear soloing. It dropped from normal mobs. We've gone everyday to do quests, we've had looters during the ML35 grind, I've gone on solo hunts, but still no luck for the rest of us. We also spent last night farming Great Stone Kephri, no luck there either.

Imoogi bugs easily its hard to avoid. Six hours of killing him like I said yield 0 eddga drops. So just because they are bugging him doesn't mean they automatically get Eddga drops. Also I think most of the refining going on is the 2 star gear you purchase.

#5 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

Is gear randomized? I mean, every boss can drop every gear for every class? Because if that's right, those Imoogi buggers will have a field day.

#6 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

Imoogi bugs easily its hard to avoid. Six hours of killing him like I said yield 0 eddga drops. So just because they are bugging him doesn't mean they automatically get Eddga drops. Also I think most of the refining going on is the 2 star gear you purchase.

Hard to avoid? Just don't intentionally abuse it, simple. Or am I supposed to say 2 DPS classes duoing Imoogi and not getting attacked is a feature? :o The point is that there's an exploit and it's being abused. Whether they profit off of it or not should not matter, though it would add salt to the wound. That much is clear enough I hope?

Sure, I'll admit that I have no way of knowing where those specific Eddga gears came from, though seeing one of their names flash over my screen was still off-putting.

Edited by Arbalist, 18 February 2015 - 09:15 PM.

#7 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

That's why its better like to farm or to buy tokens/coins rather than killing boss,  :heh: still, you can get 2s gear by exchanging it, :ok:  

then when you see a bugger, then properly report to support, :heh: they'll not stop unless they've been warned.  :heh:

but if they still insisted using that bug, then i guess we alarmed the management to do their work   :heh:

#8 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:54 PM

Hard to avoid? Just don't intentionally abuse it, simple. Or am I supposed to say 2 DPS classes duoing Imoogi and not getting attacked is a feature? :o The point is that there's an exploit and it's being abused. Whether they profit off of it or not should not matter, though it would add salt to the wound. That much is clear enough I hope?

Sure, I'll admit that I have no way of knowing where those specific Eddga gears came from, though seeing one of their names flash over my screen was still off-putting.

If I am attacking Imoogi and that stupid boss gets bugged I am NOT going to stop and say oh darn better start over. It gets bugged SUPER easy. I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid shotty coding.

#9 Erfans

Erfans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:06 PM

If I am attacking Imoogi and that stupid boss gets bugged I am NOT going to stop and say oh darn better start over. It gets bugged SUPER easy. I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid shotty coding.

The people who +9 their cards were thinking the same thing.  Its not their fault their cards got to +9 so easily, so they just kept going.  Its the coding fault.

#10 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Okay, if you guys have problems with exploiters, please take that to the ticket system and report. Kindly back off from derailing this topic. Thank you.

#11 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

All i could think of about the exploid was... "excusatio non petita accusatio manifest"

In other news, I heard that the removal of the drop from
mobs was coz 1 vcr Was qqin' about normal mobs dropping gears.
(Not a max lvl vcr so idk what was the qq about when he can't even get to ml 30)

we've been killing bosses daily and at least on my side i have never seen an Edga gear drop from bosses.
bad drop rate is bad.

#12 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:51 PM

we've been killing bosses daily and at least on my side i have never seen an Edga gear drop from bosses.
bad drop rate is bad.

not just BAD, "Really Really Bad"

#13 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

The droprate feels like the real grind to ml35.....

And, idky someone would complain about droprates, why not complain about ugh...... imbalanced game? Lololllll

Edited by deathdelete, 18 February 2015 - 10:53 PM.

#14 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:55 PM

Okay back on topic, we've seen it drop off normal mobs, so at least it's not entirely non-existant. Just terribly, terribly rare like pre-AOV zone Purples and Cazar. Knowing it exists out there is at least slightly motivating (not like non-existant Eremes DNA when it first came out lol.)

#15 leyhysteria

leyhysteria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationGlass Haven
  • Server:My Bed

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

Okay back on topic, we've seen it drop off normal mobs, so at least it's not entirely non-existant. Just terribly, terribly rare like pre-AOV zone Purples and Cazar. Knowing it exists out there is at least slightly motivating (not like non-existant Eremes DNA when it first came out lol.)

What 'normal mob' dropped eddga? we've grinded like half a day, and there we're no eddga drops on normal mobs.

#16 Sarasah

Sarasah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

I know before last maintenance (02/12/2015), Eddga gear WAS dropping from normal mobs. Now its been nearly a week and no eddga drops from these mobs.

When was the last time you had one drop?

#17 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:03 PM

What 'normal mob' dropped eddga? we've grinded like half a day, and there we're no eddga drops on normal mobs.

Wild Ginseng.

I know before last maintenance (02/12/2015), Eddga gear WAS dropping from normal mobs. Now its been nearly a week and no eddga drops from these mobs.

When was the last time you had one drop?

Last night.

#18 MrGugo

MrGugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationViña del Mar, Chile.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:11 PM

Is gear randomized? I mean, every boss can drop every gear for every class? Because if that's right, those Imoogi buggers will have a field day.

Nope is not randomized... I can make a list for you.

Khepri -> Acolyte Class

Northern Fairy -> Swordman Class

Imooji -> Alter Class

Kushinada Witch -> Magician Class

Cat'O Ninetail -> Archer and Thief Class

Eddga Boss -> Weapon

Same thing for monsters, they are not randomized.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Forgotten Payon patch was released, It's supposed to be the bosses had a 10% Droprate for Eddga equipment and 100% Droprate for Ignatius equipment, monster 1% for Eddga and 10% for Ignatius (that's why people who leveling all day got 4 - 5 Eddga pieces from monsters). However, after 02/12 maintenance seems this chances changed since I was all day leveling and 0 drop from monster (using all drop stuffs possible), now this week I was all days with my guildmates farming bosses and we only got 2 Eddga pieces...

If the purpose is farming coins I don't understand why bosses are there (don't tell me for getting coins from dailies because is more easier get them from monsters). Oh... also Eddga Accesories are dropped from monster since the chances are lower than bosses getting accesories will be almost impossible.

#19 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:33 PM

I've been to like 40 - 60 boss kills (including them all) and i've only seen 4* sorc gloves drop lol.

#20 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

This inexistant droprate is exactly the same thing happened for cazar, they didn't fix the drop rate they just made them buyable giving no reason to do as and co. again so why something would change now?

#21 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

Slightly off topic but...greedy mine is now obsolete, that didn't rake long lol why not update it to eddga so it has a purpose again.

#22 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:40 AM

Slightly off topic but...greedy mine is now obsolete, that didn't rake long lol why not update it to eddga so it has a purpose again.

To be honest this was the worst thing devs have made. Giving good quality gear (3 stars and more) to those with luck or fortress/castle holders killed the purpose of Himmelmez Chamber, Assassin Sanctum and Silent Corredor. Also those with the monopoly of Greed Mines inflated the economy selling gear for high prices (someone remember of MailmeOffers, CazarEQ and others?).

About the issue of 2 stars from npc vendors I agree the price of Eddga and Cazar is quite high to get a low quality gear. Faku (Raikuha) and I recorded a video showing there is no way to get a piece of gear above 2 stars when we buy it directly from the npc.

It's seens there is no rng drop involved when we exchange MP/BP/Token to NPCs like happen to bosses and mobs. A possible fix for this is create classes boxes of Edgga, like Rai suggested when we recorded this issue, to give a chance for players get a better quality gear. And if is not possible low the prices I really want see a rise in the drop rate of tokens from bosses to make it more rewardy.

Another possibility too is add runeslots and stars in Ignatius gear, like in Mustafa, for those who don't want farm/equip Cazar or Eddga.

Edited by GarudaBlack, 24 February 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#23 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:05 AM

To be honest this was the worst thing devs have made. Giving good quality gear (3 stars and more) to those with luck or fortress/castle holders killed the purpose of Himmelmez Chamber, Assassin Sanctum and Silent Corredor. Also those with the monopoly of Greed Mines inflated the economy selling gear for high prices (someobe remember of MailmeOffers, CazarEQ and others?).

About the issue of 2 stars from npc vendors I agree the price of Eddga and Cazar is quite high to get a low quality gear. Faku (Raikuha) and I recorded a video showing there is no way to get a piece of gear above 2 stars when we buy it directly from the npc.

It's seens there is no rng drop involved when we exchange MP/BP/Token to NPCs like happen to bosses and mobs. A possible fix for this is create classes boxes of Edgga, like Rai suggested when we recorded this issue, to give a chance for players get a better quality gear. And if is not possible low the prices I really want see a rise in the drop rate of tokens from bosses to make it more rewardy.

Another possibility too is add runeslots and stars in Ignatius gear, like in Mustafa, for those who don't want farm/equip Cazar or Eddga.

i think the flood of cazar was due to Channel Changing in the GM which was fixed already

timer is high + risk of Getting Gank i think they deserved the extra star 

#24 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

All i could think of about the exploid was... "excusatio non petita accusatio manifest"

In other news, I heard that the removal of the drop from
mobs was coz 1 vcr Was qqin' about normal mobs dropping gears.
(Not a max lvl vcr so idk what was the qq about when he can't even get to ml 30)

bad drop rate is bad.

If you think a single VCR has the power to get devs to nerf drops in a map, "woah" is all I can say. Specially when said vcr and others made a number of more important suggestions that weren't taken into account during the testing stages.

Patch notes for Forgotten Payon said from the start that drop rate for Eddga gear was supposed to be 1% from mobs and 10% from bosses like MrGugo already explained. In my opinion, when FP was first released this intended droprate wasn't active because, let's be real, ever since that thread with info from TW server we saw that Eddga was dropping way too easily.

Regarding your direct reference to my actions as a vcr, I'll reply to you in this spoiler since it's offtopic.

Spoiler

And just to be clear, the "per class" boxes suggestion Garu mention were talking about Cazar sets; but I guess they could work for Eddga as well. The positive point would be : it's still rng, but you only get stuff you can use. the Negative is that, while you have a better chance to get your full set. The current random box allows you to trade the gears to others instead.

So an alternative would be to use the same kind of box but lowering the prices (which they should do anyways)

#25 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:33 AM

I don't even care about the runes, just let me hone the damn things ffs!!!  If the hones were like eddga hones, this gear would still be OP!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users