Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:50 PM

i noticed ground skills worked like that a while ago while watching a jRO video of a sorc doing some spell fist damage.

Even tho i dont know a single bit of japanese i kinda figured what each numver on the screen meant in terms of what boost it represented, and it surprised me when i saw the 175% becoming 195% with the addition of volcano. After a little tought i came to the conclusion that ground skills simply add their bonus number to whatever the number is for the target depending on their element.(wich in that case was earth2, 175% damage from fire)

Later on i tested and confirmed it for myself, it just never occurred to me to use it in this way, it's really clever.

I guess DB rk soloing 100% of ET with DB is a legit thing now.

#152 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

I guess DB rk soloing 100% of ET with DB is a legit thing now.

Randgris wiped the floor with me when I tried that haha. She Ganbantein's the Deluge away and there's nothing you can do about that. Also Entweihen would be really annoying to deal with without Pneuma.

#153 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:55 PM

wait wait a sec, how do you cast deluge? lol xD

#154 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • LocationOutside Parts Unknown
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Pororoca Shoes

I cannot tell you how much of a blessing those things are. Prior to this, I would Kettle Hat + a billion Alovera to proc Deluge with Provoke. Disgustingly inefficient compared to just using the skill at will. And it's a higher level Deluge.

Edited by Jerbear, 27 June 2017 - 01:57 PM.

#155 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:57 PM

Ent is actually easy since you can just slap on a Errende Card to prevent a lot of the damage(or just neutral reducs+gtb w/e)

Valk is indeed tricky, you'd have to position her and yourself in a weird manner to not get the deluge completely removed, and even then, it would be a lot of friggin work to keep recasting it everytime it completely disappears+ tank her

#156 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:03 PM

I dabbled with damaging Valkyrie down to her heal point and then trying to finish her with Crushing Strike. It could work, especially with triple proc, but you'd need a really specific Rune Knight build to one shot her more efficiently from the ~1.9m mark and I don't feel like sacrificing one of my Rune Knights to be purely a Valkyrie-Randgris-in-ET-only build.

#157 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:11 PM

Ent is actually easy since you can just slap on a Errende Card to prevent a lot of the damage(or just neutral reducs+gtb w/e)

I guess that could work. 77% reduction with a chance to proc 97% should be plenty of reduction. Just takes a freaking long time to kill, though I did out range him so I had to deal with Defender. Probably way faster if you stand closer to him.

Pororoca Shoes

I cannot tell you how much of a blessing those things are. Prior to this, I would Kettle Hat + a billion Alovera to proc Deluge with Provoke. Disgustingly inefficient compared to just using the skill at will. And it's a higher level Deluge.

Should have used Amulets, they work inside instances. Way cheaper than spamming Aloevera lol.

Edited by Zayaan, 27 June 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#158 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

i dont think you have to build a really specific rk to CS valk for that damage honestly. There are plenty of crit damage you can take from gears that do not require luk, like FAW, 16.1 robes, ATK procs like Eddga or BP(wich you can proc with aloe veras), and the thing that really matters the most is having a high refined lv4 weapon(+14 weapon is a 8000%+atk+weight for the skill multi),recent vicious weapons come to mind now.

#159 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

I guess that could work. 77% reduction with a chance to proc 97% should be plenty of reduction. Just takes a freaking long time to kill, though I did out range him so I had to deal with Defender. Probably way faster if you stand closer to him.

Should have used Amulets, they work inside instances. Way cheaper than spamming Aloevera lol.

I had/have a lot of Aloevera, though! So it wasn't that bad--the worst thing was just how heavy they are so you were limited in what you could carry. Sometimes you'd go through 500 before it happened. Once RODex was in, I just had thousands in mail ready to go as needed so I wouldn't need to burn Kafra Cards if I was on the other side of luck.

@Ashuckel: I wanted to try a +14 Gigantic Lance and just see what that would be like. Never got around to making one though. The downside is if you fail to get her with your CS, your weapon is done if it's not unbreakable. Gotta leave and repair for that. I did make a +13 Valk Hunting Spear to mess around with stuff, but having several efficient DB RKs is more important to me right now with all the desirable instance content that's out right now.

Edited by Jerbear, 27 June 2017 - 02:30 PM.

#160 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

what is the chance of proccing deluge from kettle hat? reminds me of the time i was playing with self proc EQ with ifrit card lol (still got 24k aloe veras on storage :X)

#161 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:33 PM

The correct answer is less than the chance to cast Deluge 5 with Pororoca Shoes.

It isn't a terrible percentage, I'd say between 2-3%? Most of the time 150 Aloevera was more than enough. Sometimes it would just go on and on forever without going, though.

#162 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:35 PM

pay some attention to some ragial 2h vicious swords, they are lv4, have a pretty decent base atk, have the scaling atk effecr from crimsons, and you can grab something like damage to angel+20%, to holy+20%, crit dmg%, and has a slot if you want to slap a valk card

Edited by Ashuckel, 27 June 2017 - 02:37 PM.

#163 Jerbear

Jerbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, the new update has brought a lot of new options. Even Lindy Hop is something you could look at that has a more universal use.

#164 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

i'm still trying to get my perfect dagger, but tis hard T.T (drake, boss dmg, aspd/crit dmg)

#165 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

I see so it's not Valk that has changed it's element but it's increasing the potency of the Water DB. Thanks for the knowledge you've shared.

#166 Hisiru

Hisiru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Not an Agi Crit RK, but...

His playstyle is very gimmicky. RKs have much better skills to use on jRO, but he's probably just playing what he enjoys and there's nothing wrong with that. :P

LOL! That actually looks like a lot of fun. Too bad it needs jRO stuff to work like that but I love gimmicky stuff so I will definitely try that when I have the chance.

Also, thank you and Jerbear for the knowledge shared about elements. I won't be using DB but I will definitely use that information in other classes.

Btw, do you guys think agi crit RK can solo ET without Tao Gunka?

#167 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Why isn't she recalling slaves? It's because her highest priority skill while attacking is Heal on self at 100% chance if current HP is 10% or less. This has a cooldown of 1 second. Since the cooldown is so low, and also because monsters have a separate delay of 1 second between skills, she never moves down her skill list.

#168 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

So you need to kite with WDB until her hp is approx. 10% to fulfill the AI condition while continuing cast deluge everywhere to bypass her holy 4 element resistance then? :heh:

#169 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

So you need to kite with WDB until her hp is approx. 10% to fulfill the AI condition while continuing cast deluge everywhere to bypass her holy 4 element resistance then? :heh:

Nah, that won't work. She'll outheal you! I had help damaging her to 10% HP.

What you could do though, is Sonic Wave her with Megs and whatever gear that enhances it. It'd actually be pretty easy to solo her and Paladin like that. Maybe I'll do it sometime.

Please push the seals. Thanks.

Edited by Zayaan, 25 July 2017 - 08:31 PM.

#170 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:16 AM

Zayaan what aspd are you doing DB with? So friggin fast, lol

#171 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:13 AM

you dont need much aspd to spam db '-'

#172 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

so for solo players, +15 HWHB, 2x kiel, 100% after cast delay reduction, as high aspd as possible is the key right?

#173 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

not really, you only want high aspd if you are getting hitlocked or something to cut the animation. If you just chain DB even something like 170 ish is enough. It depends on your cast time and ping

#174 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:56 AM

Zayaan what aspd are you doing DB with? So friggin fast, lol

I have 183 Aspd. Like Ash said, it doesn't matter too much when you're dancing or chaining.

#175 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:09 AM

Too many misses because I was trying to test something but didn't work quite well :( Also there is a lot of competition now for this card, so I might bring gene or gx next time.

Edited by Richkr, 12 August 2017 - 12:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users