[R] Bio4 Party Guide [Updated May 21, 2015] - Page 2 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[R] Bio4 Party Guide [Updated May 21, 2015]

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#26 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

Don't know...

Sorry for criticizing your guide, but you're just saying mainstream.

Actually I'd like to add some information about GX's and RG's working as killers in a very malleable ways.

Some GX's can hit up to 80k with a nodelay Rolling Cutter and even kill Celias with OH using CI, not counting their potential to hold a mob and kill it to help the party. I leveled my GX at Bio4 partys and I was always one of the most active members in the party killing, pulling and saving my mates from death of celias skills with OH on it. Being a GX will ask you to have a KvM Weapom (GBR and Flamberge for me) at highly refinement and a Dokebi or better a Angeling Card for tanking. And it will be a good idea not to walk without Aspersio, coz its impossible to not kill yourself while hitting Randels.

About RG's I can't say that much from it as real killers coz hadn't seen them much in parties at my time, but had some experiences with Royal Guards hitting upon 90k peer Vanishing Point on Randels! And I'm pretty sure their Overbrand+CannonSpear combo can OH much of the mobs with the correct gear.

I'm against any kind of stereotyping classes coz they seems not to be the best class for parties, but the "Only RK" "Only Ranger" stuff is pretty annoying.

I've saw many friends complaining about Bio4 parties nowdays coz it takes to long to go. In the beggining of the rush to 175 parties sometimes were made with only 1 Ranger or 1 RK and other good killers from "no-mainstream" classes, or without Stings or Sorcs.

Having a perfect match party seems always the best way, but what really matters is to make a party with players that play well and have the right gears. I'm sure everybody here met one or another Ranger or RK with awfull gameplay or gear that really affect the party production at the bounty board.

Well, just saying, don't stereotype classes for their not mass aoe particulars skill.

Edited by Setluks, 27 March 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#27 DarkAsuna

DarkAsuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationNever Ever Land
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

at least he made a guide for the newcomers in bio4 :v, and to be honest, not all the players take their time to do things like this. dont said its mainstream because he already said that he doesnt know too much about classes that doesnt it AB. 

#28 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

Don't know...

at least he made a guide for the newcomers in bio4 :v, and to be honest, not all the players take their time to do things like this. dont said its mainstream because he already said that he doesnt know too much about classes that doesnt it AB. 

Thanks for criticizing and thanks for helping me explain :)

Yeah I dont mean to ask party only recruit those classes listed. Actually I hope all classes have their spots in the bio4 party and level happily.

The reason I listed only so few classes simply because I dont have much idea about other classes and dont dare to make a guild for them haha.

I will edit  the post again to make it more all-class-friendly  :3

#29 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:15 PM

mechanic:

if strings: insta cast arm cannon spam and put everyone else to shame with your dps with the appropriate cannon ball elements.  Really only viable if you have a wanderer as well, sp usage isn't sustainable otherwise and sorcs would get really annoyed at the constant need to sp you every minute.  Ice blast is also helpful for damage mitigation.

if no strings: stealth field, ask for assumptio, ask for angelus, stack resists, stack DEF, stack HP, elemental shift to wind, fireproof or thunderproof potion, and spam /gg.  You would funnel majority of the damage towards you to keep everyone else alive due to AOE camouflage effect for your party.  Mechanics have extremely high base DEF due to mainframe upgrade so assumptio would actually make a huge difference in damage mitigation.

Non mado build: unfortunately not very viable for bio4 unless you're just spamming hammerfall and maybe blacksmith buffs if you have a gene doing fcp.

EDIT:  randel doing defending aura?  Pile bunker his butt to remove it.

Edited by schia, 26 February 2015 - 01:18 PM.

#30 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:24 PM

Don't know...

Actually I'd like to add some information about GX's and RG's working as killers in a very malleable ways.

Some GX's can hit up to 80k with a nodelay Rolling Cutter and even kill Celias with OH using CI, not counting their potential to hold a mob and kill it to help the party. I leveled my GX at Bio4 partys and I was always one of the most active members in the party killing, pulling and saving my mates from death of celias skills with OH on it. Being a GX will ask you to have a KvM Weapom (GBR and Flamberge for me) at highly refinement and a Dokebi or better a Angeling Card for tanking. And it will be a good idea to walk without Aspersio, coz its impossible to not kill yourself while hitting Randels.

About RG's I can't say that much from it as real killers coz hadn't seen them much in parties at my time, but had some experiences with Royal Guards hitting upon 90k peer Vanishing Point on Randels! And I'm pretty sure their Overbrand+CannonSpear combo can OH much of the mobs with the correct gear.

I'm against any kind of stereotyping classes coz they seems not to be the best class for parties, but the "Only RK" "Only Ranger" stuff is pretty annoying.

I've saw many friends complaining about Bio4 parties nowdays coz it takes to long to go. In the beggining of the rush to 175 parties sometimes were made with only 1 Ranger or 1 RK and other good killers from "no-mainstream" classes, or without Stings or Sorcs.

Having a perfect match party seems always the best way, but what really matters is to make a party with players that play well and have the right gears. I'm sure everybody here met one or another Ranger or RK with awfull gameplay or gear that really affect the party production at the bounty board.

Well, just saying, don't stereotype classes for their not mass aoe particulars skill.

I think you need to criticize the recruiters at Lighthalzen first about stereotyping because they recruit according to classes' mainstream functions. I think this guide is based on playing in mainstream teams and not mentioning certain classes doesn't mean stereotyping because this guide is not from God's perspective.

#31 DarkAsuna

DarkAsuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

I think you need to criticize the recruiters at Lighthalzen first about stereotyping because they recruit according to classes' mainstream functions. I think this guide is based on playing in mainstream teams and not mentioning certain classes doesn't mean stereotyping because this guide is not from God's perspective.

^ that

#32 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:40 PM

OK updated again~

Hope the guide now seems less class stereotyped.

Thanks all contributors!

EDIT:  randel doing defending aura?  Pile bunker his butt to remove it.

Is this for mechanic guide? haha im newbie to that.

#33 DarkAsuna

DarkAsuna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:51 PM

this is taking shape~~ congratz! btw its DarkAsuna...not DarkAsura xD but to be honest that is a nice username xD

#34 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:01 PM

this is taking shape~~ congratz! btw its DarkAsuna...not DarkAsura xD but to be honest that is a nice username xD

hahaha corrected!

#35 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

OK updated again~

Hope the guide now seems less class stereotyped.

Thanks all contributors!

Is this for mechanic guide? haha im newbie to that.

yes, mado mechanics can use pile bunker to disable guard type effects, this includes guard(if it doesn't miss) or defending aura.  I think both of these randel uses.

EDIT:

Wanderer:

Gypsy's kiss.  Everyone loves gypsy's kiss.  If you're partied with a maestro, probably dance with wargs as well, but thats not really needed.  All you're there for is gypsy's kiss, and slow grace if the AB is spamming silentium.  If the mob is silenced, doing slow grace will further lessen the damage taken by lowering their attack speed by like 30ish%.  Thats practically another cranial for the tank and party.

Gypsy's kiss is ludicrously powerful in combination with strings.  There is almost no way for your party to ever run out of SP if you gypsy's kiss them unless they are over weight and a fatty this means that your party would be saving millions of zeny per hour on sp recovery items, and extremely lessen the strain on sorcs(who already have a pretty stressful job in bio4 anyway).  I'm not even sure why this needs to be stated, but wanderers gets no love at all in bio4.

Edited by schia, 26 February 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#36 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

yes, mado mechanics can use pile bunker to disable guard type effects, this includes guard(if it doesn't miss) or defending aura.  I think both of these randel uses.

EDIT:

Wanderer:

Gypsy's kiss.  Everyone loves gypsy's kiss.  If you're partied with a maestro, probably dance with wargs as well, but thats not really needed.  All you're there for is gypsy's kiss, and slow grace if the AB is spamming silentium.  If the mob is silenced, doing slow grace will further lessen the damage taken by lowering their attack speed by like 30ish%.  Thats practically another cranial for the tank and party.

Gypsy's kiss is ludicrously powerful in combination with strings.  There is almost no way for your party to ever run out of SP if you gypsy's kiss them unless they are over weight and a fatty this means that your party would be saving millions of zeny per hour on sp recovery items, and extremely lessen the strain on sorcs(who already have a pretty stressful job in bio4 anyway).  I'm not even sure why this needs to be stated, but wanderers gets no love at all in bio4.

ahhh why wandy gets no love at bio4!??

most team i partied before looked for either sorc or wandy.

But there are so few wandies in LT.

I personally like wandy more, cuz i dont like asking for sp. and sp given from sorc ran out so quickly that i still need my own pot.

#37 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

going to bio4 again with my gene :3 

a gene in bio4 seems need to spend quite a lot of zeny for fcp and Acid bomb

any suggestion?

#38 Rayeez

Rayeez

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:21 AM

best gear for gene bio4??? (besides wind armor of course)

#39 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:10 AM

something that can help kill randel, and other minis. shadow cannon, pvp/kvm gear.
i think those are
cat ear beret, hockey mask
pvp mace
anti-medium v.shield
+9[menblatt] fallen angel wings(ea10)
temp dex - ea (rm/bp/ld)
2x medal of honor or rwc spell rings.

#40 xxccxx

xxccxx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • Server:I

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:30 AM

best gear for gene bio4??? (besides wind armor of course)

cranial valk.hp increase and food.

#41 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

no, cranial valk is not good, use ogretooth valk instead

#42 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:10 AM

Guillotine Cross (provided by Setluks)

Being a GX will ask you to have a KvM Weapom (GBR and Flamberge for me) at highly refinement and a Dokebi or better a Angeling Card for tanking. And it will be a good idea not to to walk without Aspersio, coz its impossible to not kill yourself while hitting Randels.

Correct here please xD

#43 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

Guillotine Cross (provided by Setluks)

Being a GX will ask you to have a KvM Weapom (GBR and Flamberge for me) at highly refinement and a Dokebi or better a Angeling Card for tanking. And it will be a good idea not to to walk without Aspersio, coz its impossible to not kill yourself while hitting Randels.

Correct here please xD

corrected

#44 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

up

#45 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

lazy to do biolab recently 

#46 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:59 AM

:p_hi:

#47 Kersya

Kersya

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 538 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 11:05 AM

What do sc use there usually ? i was thinking of using jack frost, i suppose i could shadow spell meteor storm or storm gust too but i kinda expect to die horribly if i go melee those deadly things XD

First time going to bio4, sounds exciting....and scary lol

#48 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

What do sc use there usually ? i was thinking of using jack frost, i suppose i could shadow spell meteor storm or storm gust too but i kinda expect to die horribly if i go melee those deadly things XD

First time going to bio4, sounds exciting....and scary lol

oh u remind me that i left out the SC session =p

as far as i have seen....SC is using jack frost most of the time....or dual =p

only partied with one real SC before and he's using jack frost

#49 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:50 AM

There's an RK bio4 setup post too   

http://forums.warppo...-biolab4-setup/