Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 2/24 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread for 2/24

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
66 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

Here's where you can ask your questions for Tuesday's broadcast. 

If you haven't watched the show before, it airs at 3pm Pacific standard time on Tuesdays and I answer questions from the chat and from this thread. 

Here's last week's show and answers. 

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

Hey Oda! same question from last week; the Valentine's quest is still buggy/engrishfied and does not award exp. can you check/fix it ahead of this maint?

Yes. The exp reward should be at the same time you get the headgear reward. 

cheers

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

Is kRO open to UI suggestions from other official servers or just their own (please be honest)?

Talking with Heim, this would be something they would actually consider if the proposal was extremely detailed. Whether or not they would be able to do it is another thing. 

#4 DeviLzTar

DeviLzTar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

i have a question about the delay in game we players from other country (i'm from Philippines) experiencing, i mean not all but majority do experience the slight dealy like for 1 or 1.5 seconds. do i get that delay in game too in the new server for pRO migration?  :ho: 

It would help a lot if you could post a trace route connection report. There are instructions on how to create it here: http://forums.warppo...r-tracert-here/

the report gives us a better idea of what kind of problems may be happening between our connection and yours. If the problem is on our end we can send the report to our Internet Service Provider for a fix. 

and just wanted to ask is there a NPC in iRO Classic where i can get equipment rewards after i finish a quest? i mean like the Eden on renewal. i'm new in iRO Classic so i don't really know how to start with it and it gives me such a hard time leveling without any starting (basic) equipments  :ok:

We're working on slowly building up a Eden Group style quest chain on Classic that will give equipment for new players. 

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

i thought you could get starter equips from the asgard village on classic.

Classic Jumping Janeway gives a class based weapon but no armor yet. 

#6 DeviLzTar

DeviLzTar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:36 PM

i don't know if there is coz i started the asgard village at level 30+ if i remembered correctly. and now im having a hard time, i mean SERIOUSLY a hard time leveling LOL  :sob: and i somehow got bored grinding since im experiencing a delay of 1sec  :heh:

#7 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:39 PM

I would probably revisit the progress on the server merge restrictions and status of the merge.

I have posted an initial list of restricted items and we are waiting for pRO to complete and test the opt-in page, the current estimate they have given is no sooner than the end of the week. 

#8 DeviLzTar

DeviLzTar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

I would probably revisit the progress on the server merge restrictions and status of the merge.

uhhmm you mind if i get a link of where i could check the status about the migration? im really a newbie here so i don't know where to click this and that to find this and that  :heh:

No updates just yet, waiting for pRO. 

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:58 PM

There isn't one

#10 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

MORE QUESTIONS! :D

• Will all pRO characters from all servers have a chance to have their names changed if they have duplicates? I mean, there wouldn't be a base server which will retain the duplicate names? For example, if Valkyrie is to be the base server, then any character names from New Loki that has a duplicate in Valkyrie will have a prefix/suffix attached while those from Valkyrie will not.
  • All pRO characters will be flagged for name changes.
  • Will the Increase Weight Capacity skill of pRO players from Gym Membership Boxes disappear? If some pRO players still have Gym Membership Boxes in their inventory, should they use them now?
  • We have no plans to remove skills from players.
  • If some pieces of equipment won't be brought over, what about the cards that are compounded into them? (e.g. Angra RWC Cap 2010)
  • We can take prohibited cards out of items but sadly if the equipment is restricted the card would also be deleted.
  • Will people be able to opt-in BANNED accounts from pRO? (some might try, lol)
  • No, they will not be allowed.
  • Non-merge related but pRO-iRO related: Angelus in pRO seems to have a longer cooldown than iRO's. It's like the whole Angelus visual effect needs to end before I can cast another Angelus. In iRO, it's not. Which server has the correct settings for this?
  • It will be under our settings. 

Edited by Oda, 24 February 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 20 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

ODA: Is there a possibility you can get devs to add a "big chunks" option to Ei'felle NPC in Einbroch, that is to say, instead of 1-100 "sets of hope" where each set is 1 medal = 20,000 EXP (or whathaveyou), you'd instead do 1-100 "big" sets of hope, where each "set of hope" is 10 medals = 200,000 XP, so that you can basically do 1,000 Medals for every conversation with the NPC, instead of 100. Pretty necessary these days with the EXP required for lvl 175.

We should be able to put this in on March 4th.

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:56 PM

Will all pRO characters from all servers have a chance to have their names changed if they have duplicates? I mean, there wouldn't be a base server which will retain the duplicate names?

For example, if Valkyrie is to be the base server, then any character names from New Loki that has a duplicate in Valkyrie will have a prefix/suffix attached while those from Valkyrie will not.

I would assume names would be handled like how Renewal Chaos merge was. All names from all servers that cause duplicates are changed to _server at the end and receive 1 free name change. They are free to change their name back if someone else didn't claim it already or choose a new name.

Edited by Toxn, 20 February 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

didn't they also give preference to age of char?  like the one created first would get priority.

#14 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

more bounty board please...

I think we've ironed out what the scripting should be for these and will be resuming this soon, perhaps on the 11th. 

#15 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

more bounty board please...

what did you have in mind?

#16 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

what did you have in mind?

hello, i want to make monster suggestion.

prontera
111-140
creamy fear (53 spawn on valk GD1)
caterpillar (53 spawn on valk GD 1)
141-175
dark axe kobold (19 in valk GD 2, 32 on valk HoA)
dark mace kobold (34 in valk GD 2, 45 on valk HoA)
dark kobold archer (34 in valk GD 2, 45 on valk HoA)
dark hammer kobold (34 in valk GD 2, 45 on valk HoA)

morocc
101-130
anubis (23 in in_sphinx4)
nightmare verit (65 in moc_prydn1)
nightmare minorous (78 in moc_prydn1)
131-160
incarnation golem (79 in moc_fild21)
incarnation human (79 in moc_fild21)
incarnation angel (79 in moc_fild21)
incarnation ghost (58 in moc_fild21)
nightmare ancient mummy (23 in moc_prydn2)
nightmare mimic (35 in moc_prydn2)
nightmare arclouze (23 in moc_prydn2)

geffen
111-140
wraith dead (28 in Brit GD1)
zombie master (63 in brit GD1)
nightmare evild druid Canceled since the exp given is too small, not worth hunting
nightmare wraith Canceled since the exp given is too small, not worth hunting
nightmare mimic Canceled since the exp given is too small, not worth hunting
141-175
super dark priest (17 in Brit GD2, 20 in Brit HoA)
super dark frame (17 in Brit GD2, 20 in Brit HoA)
super dark shadow (51 in Brit GD2, 80 in Brit HoA)
nightmare wanderer (120 in nightmare GH)
nightmare rideword (40 in nightmare GH)

aldebaran
111-140
ancient worm (25 in Luina GD1)
giant spider (15 in Luina GD1)
giant hornet (30 in Luina GD1)
141-175
killer mantis (30 in Luina GD2, 64 in Luina HoA)
angra mantis (i suggest move it from mora since it spawns more in luina) (40 in Luina GD2, 74 in Luina HoA)
and later monsters from nightmare clock tower...

payon
111-140
leib olmai (68 in Baldr GD1)
gullinbursti (37 in Baldr GD1)
141-175
am mut (18 in Baldr GD2, 32 in Baldr HoA)
gajomart (24 in Baldr GD2, 38 in Baldr HoA)
skeleton general (62 in Baldr GD2, 77 in Baldr HoA)

thank you

#17 Xaxaxa

Xaxaxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:00 AM

Is it possible to somehow move the Magic Monsters from Splendide Field 02 and others that are connected to 3rd class job changes to special maps which can only be accessed via entering of NPC chats? I know it will be hard but the monsters have huge amounts of HP, drop next to nothing and give no exp. Naga is aggro so if I'm doing a Pinguicula bounty, I either kill it first or run away from it. And with the amount of mobs I've killed I'm expecting my bow to soon be imbued with WL skillez.

It's not likely that we would be able to change this. 

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

oda, mora boards are still messed up.  it will still reward base and job exp even if you are selecting all base (and i assume, all job).  i ended up losing out on 42 mil base exp as a result of this....please take a look at it again.

#19 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

What are the conditions to get an inactive guild disbanded so you can reuse a name? 

For example there is a guild name I want, but noone has been online in ~34 weeks according to ROPD.

TLDR: I want to take guild names that are being taken by inactive people. How long do you gotta wait before they are up for grabs?

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a provision to disband inactive guilds. 

#20 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:14 AM

What will happen to our rogue and acolyte classes that do not have Gank and Teleport skills respectively? Will all characters have a free reset or will the skill designation still work much like how it is in pRO?

Background: It's only in pRO Chaos that those mentioned skills can have a skill point designation. Since the other servers like Valkyrie, New Loki, and New Iris are free to play, skill points cannot be designated to the said skills to prevent botting (at least, that was the intention back then).

The picture: In pRO F2P servers, in order to have warp portal, we have to allot extra skill points to unlock warp portal without having to actually put some skill points to have teleport.

The new server will be on iRO mechanics so we will likely be putting in a free skill/stat reset NPC so players can re-adjust. 

#21 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

Oda, are Orc Skeleton and Steel Chonchon supposed to be included in geffen spotlight? because they do not give 2x exp atm, maybe some monsters got overlook?

also, i know you guys have a lot on your plate right now, with pRO merge and all, but any news about the test on halving homun exp table for an event?

#22 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:47 PM

Is it possible to get a status update on the Community Headgears project (Autumn Headband, Night Sparrow Hat, etc.)? Its been awhile, and the current state of Sakray isn't helpful. Its been way too long for the amount that need to be redone/tweaked/discussed.

We will be revisiting them in mid- March. With Sakray and our production team being needed to prep Hero's Trail 2 there won't be much time for us to look at the Community Headgears this month. 

#23 queenmastersmith

queenmastersmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:51 PM

What will happen to our rogue and acolyte classes that do not have Gank and Teleport skills respectively? Will all characters have a free reset or will the skill designation still work much like how it is in pRO?

Background: It's only in pRO Chaos that those mentioned skills can have a skill point designation. Since the other servers like Valkyrie, New Loki, and New Iris are free to play, skill points cannot be designated to the said skills to prevent botting (at least, that was the intention back then).

The picture: In pRO F2P servers, in order to have warp portal, we have to allot extra skill points to unlock warp portal without having to actually put some skill points to have teleport.

How on earth does teleport facilitate botting? Bots are tireless so they just walk wherever they want to go, since exp/h means nothing to them. Tele or fwing mobbing, or using them to cross hostile maps is what real players do :v

#24 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 22 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

Currently the Temporal boots are not enchantment if slotted. Could you let me know when we will get the enchanted slot temporal boots?

Is there a kRO update it's tied to? 

Any ETA on the enchant red twin edge sword?

Nothing yet. 

#25 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

Just a few ideas:

1. Kitcoins - would it be beneficial to allow trades for safe certs?

2. Allow stat enchant costume headgears up to stat +3. This will open up a kitcoin market, apart from the existing malangdo and mora enchants

3. Allow prize medals to be used 1k at a time rather than just 100 - currently just too tedious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users