Disable Arrow Storm in TI Maps, the KSing is unreal. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Disable Arrow Storm in TI Maps, the KSing is unreal.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

Problem: Rangers Arrow Storm stealing mobs everywhere in TI maps. This is especially bad in mid TIs, where they aren't even trying to be inconspicuous about it.

Solution: Disable Arrow Storm in TI maps.

A better solution would be to ban these asshats from the server entirely, of course, but the GM team is far too slow and uncaring in responding to mitigate the damage that these asshats are already doing, and there are simply far too many of these asshats for me to even begin to care about recording replays of every single one of them. Removing one of their primary tools of KSing others will at least make the environment tolerable.

Yes, harm the innocent to punish the guilty, but blanket band-aid solutions like this are the only option on the table in lieu of the GM team properly dealing with these asshats to begin with.

#2 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:15 PM

i feel this would ruin far more people's enjoyment than those it would help.

spent some time in mid TI this week (i'm assuming you're talking about mid) and i was only ksed once or twice.

Edited by Rotatoe, 01 March 2015 - 08:16 PM.

#3 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

On the other hand I would be interested, at least academically, in seeing what would happen to TIs (and RO as a whole) if AS was disabled in TI maps.

#4 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

How about instead of that they drop AS' damage as though it were affected by WoE -25% ranged and -50% skill reductions?

Better than totally invalidating a major build.

#5 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

feels like arrow storm is designed really badly, all it has going for it is huge damage. makes it so that it's hard to balance the skill without totally nerfing it to the ground.

#6 Jupitel

Jupitel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

If i had a dollar for every thread complaining about rangers I'd be able to afford a +9 Autumn Headband  nope its 700m you rip-off scammers

While it's true that AS damage is way too intense for Low TI, Mid TI, High TI, Very High TI etc, disabling AS in TI wouldn't solve the problem but would make rangers practically useless in TI party situations - they would be down there with the poor genes and mechanics who are never hired

Nerfing the damage won't help either because there are always ways to bypass this and achieve massive damage (you wallet is your limit)

Better solution might be to make AS ground targeting so that the monster a person aims at doesn't move into someone's mob and kill it. Also a reduction of range and a reduction of variable cast time while implementing some fixed cast time might fix the issue of abuse a bit more (because you can kill your mob before the ranger kills it)

Also asshats will be asshats nothing you can really do about that

#7 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:36 AM

AS on its own is fine. Have you ever seen a chaser use it?

Nerf WW set, it's stupidly good compared to the other mora gears.

#8 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

AS on its own is fine. Have you ever seen a chaser use it?

Nerf WW set, it's stupidly good compared to the other mora gears.

^ that's a good point actually. mora sets in general are really strong, but the fact that white wing sets are almost compulsory on a ranger is a little over the top.

Edited by Rotatoe, 02 March 2015 - 01:11 AM.

#9 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

feels like arrow storm is designed really badly, all it has going for it is huge damage. makes it so that it's hard to balance the skill without totally nerfing it to the ground.

lol Veigar.

#10 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

nerf to 3x3 aoe please #ror

#11 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

lol Veigar.

who was recently nerfed. maybe it's a sign?  :ok:

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:23 AM

Given how much damage it does, making single target skills useless and all, if AS was a ground targeted 3x3 AoE, it'd make more sense. Like Kunai Explosion. Also if it had a sneaky formula update, "base damage -150% for every level of Aimed Bolt learned" haha. That way Rangers would need white wing set just to do the same damage shadow chasers did without it. /gg

#13 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

The limited range might help, but ground targeting IMO won't (at least, not for low and mid TI) as RKs and Sorcs regularly KS me with their ground targeted skills (DB -- PW, DD are the skills I see regularly.)

The skill isn't the issue, the player is. 

Tangential suggestion: Get rid of the TIs for a while and see what happens. We have bounty boards now and so the TI is no longer a de factor no brainer. Especially since the recent spot lights have been very good for xp farming (the current one would be even better if not for the horrifying lag on certain geffen maps, seriously, at one point I had a legitimate delay of over 30 seconds between input and in-game result.)

#14 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:33 PM

Worst Best solution: Disable all AOE skills in TI maps.

Edited by Legendario2300, 02 March 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#15 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

How about disabling Gramps?

Nahh, people will kill me if I suggest that..

But there are also good mannered Rangers, but yeah a lot of em don't give a fly esp. at low and mid.

#16 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Removing TIs is certainly an interesting suggestion, but it's not entirely relevant to the problem of Rangers KSing everything with AS because the issue at hand is player behavior, not player skill. I only brought up TI maps specifically because they are simply the most problematic areas where KSing Rangers run rampant without any consequences, Rangers and other archer-classes KSing others is also a very legitimate problem outside of TIs.

I think the debate of whether to remove TIs would be better served in its own topic and discussed on its own merits, rather than piggybacking on the Ranger KSing problem at hand.

EDIT: dem typos.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 02 March 2015 - 08:25 PM.

#17 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

Well, there's really no way to teach "jerks" to not be such. The few accidental KSes aside, most people who do it know full and well what they're doing but do not care. 

#18 iZap

iZap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:59 AM

If i had a dollar for every thread complaining about rangers I'd be able to afford a +9 Autumn Headband  nope its 700m you rip-off scammers

While it's true that AS damage is way too intense for Low TI, Mid TI, High TI, Very High TI etc, disabling AS in TI wouldn't solve the problem but would make rangers practically useless in TI party situations - they would be down there with the poor genes and mechanics who are never hired

Nerfing the damage won't help either because there are always ways to bypass this and achieve massive damage (you wallet is your limit)

Better solution might be to make AS ground targeting so that the monster a person aims at doesn't move into someone's mob and kill it. Also a reduction of range and a reduction of variable cast time while implementing some fixed cast time might fix the issue of abuse a bit more (because you can kill your mob before the ranger kills it)

Also asshats will be asshats nothing you can really do about that

And GX's are even lower than that since they weren't even mentioned. Damn, right in the feels (main GX player here) We're useful too!  :heh: Please, don't take this too seriously ._.

#19 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:31 AM

removing TIs just means you're releasing these ksing rangers into the wild. the game would reach NaCl levels never before seen.

#20 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

Problem: Rangers Arrow Storm stealing mobs everywhere in TI maps. This is especially bad in mid TIs, where they aren't even trying to be inconspicuous about it.

Primary Solution: Ban KSers.

Secondary Solution: Make more rangers to KS back if the primary solution fails which means you will also never been banned either.

Either solution, problem solved. An eye for an eye :p_idea: :p_hi:

#21 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

removing TIs just means you're releasing these ksing rangers into the wild. the game would reach NaCl levels never before seen.

There's no way to be certain until tested, but I think KSing will be less common outside of TIs because they will be spread out. That is, you may have the same number of absolute KSes (I think less because less mobs in one area), but you'd have less KSes experienced per player, which would mean the end result "I am angry because I got KS'd a lot" would not be present.

Obviously, there's no way for me to prove my prediction, which is why I would enjoy seeing the little experiment happen.

it's also having... weird effects. I saw someone who was level 150 (left before the level cap patch, came back after) have no clue how to get to the new world or that the TI was an instance or what to do at all without the TI. That's... really weird. Like, REALLY weird. 

Edited by mikayel, 03 March 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#22 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:39 PM

There's no way to be certain until tested, but I think KSing will be less common outside of TIs because they will be spread out. That is, you may have the same number of absolute KSes (I think less because less mobs in one area), but you'd have less KSes experienced per player, which would mean the end result "I am angry because I got KS'd a lot" would not be present.

Obviously, there's no way for me to prove my prediction, which is why I would enjoy seeing the little experiment happen.

it's also having... weird effects. I saw someone who was level 150 (left before the level cap patch, came back after) have no clue how to get to the new world or that the TI was an instance or what to do at all without the TI. That's... really weird. Like, REALLY weird.

I see it happen pretty often in scarabas, although it's not just rangers who do it there. RKs are pretty bad as well.

#23 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

I think it's anyone who can kill fast, inta-cast sorcs are a common example, soloing RKs, and soloing Rangers. 

For example, I've never been KS'd by a GX because they take 3-5 RCs to kill a mob and likewise I've never been KS'd by a warlock (few tried, but failed, the delay between release and the spell going off is enough for me to finish the mob off.)

It's kind of a "I do it because I can, and because I don't care" mentality that I suspect. 

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:23 PM

warlocks are funny. they try so hard!

Edited by Necrohealiac, 03 March 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#25 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:49 PM

I had a lot of fun playing my warlock... until I got to level 134. The things got a bit... tiresome. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users