#1 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:36 PM

Okay so I just levelled up last weekend, played quite a few higher FOC. It's fine and fun, except that I keep getting 2 shot by rangers/SRs. I'm fine with capping resistance, but as for defense I never have enough (about 900 now). Is there a way to improve survivability against physical damage without giving up much resistance? SvS costumes, of course, works well against physical damage, but when I switch to it I probably won't be able to stay alive more than 3 shots from other mages. :p_devil: Thanks for help.

#2 Chanelle

Chanelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationJuicyland
  • Server:Hello Kitty

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

Switch to SvS costume when you're against melees, then switch back to TB costume when you're against casters.

:p_devil:

#3 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

the new defense buffs that also give LR defense from prots/rads do help.

#4 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

Okay so I just levelled up last weekend, played quite a few higher FOC. It's fine and fun, except that I keep getting 2 shot by rangers/SRs. I'm fine with capping resistance, but as for defense I never have enough (about 900 now). Is there a way to improve survivability against physical damage without giving up much resistance? SvS costumes, of course, works well against physical damage, but when I switch to it I probably won't be able to stay alive more than 3 shots from other mages. :p_devil: Thanks for help.

Not really unless you got an OP 70 set. In order to raise survivability you would need to sacrifice a ton of crit.

#5 Mortuus

Mortuus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1911 posts
  • LocationVoid
  • Server:None

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

Problem is mainly the low hp given from the s2 sets, even 79 tempests using them die quick if they cant get out of range in time.

SvS costumes, of course, works well against physical damage, but when I switch to it I probably won't be able to stay alive more than 3 shots from other mages. :p_devil: Thanks for help.

You could get both the svs and tbf costume and put them on one of your bars and bind a key for each of them. Then switch them in battle depending on the situation you're in.

Edited by Mortuus, 17 November 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#6 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

or you could just use your op self heal Posted Image

#7 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:53 PM

Switch to SvS costume when you're against melees, then switch back to TB costume when you're against casters.

:p_devil:

Mmmm...But cases are usually the SRs will shoot you from behind when you are trying to kill other shammies in front. :) And most of the time you don't just get hit by one person. Like what I said when I switch to SvS the elems will finish me in less than 3 crits. ;)

#8 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

Not very possible since...you will never react fast enough between two shots with very slight server lags. Heals are useless if you die 2 shots. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/014.gif

#9 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:04 AM

Mmmm...But cases are usually the SRs will shoot you from behind when you are trying to kill other shammies in front. :p_devil: And most of the time you don't just get hit by one person. Like what I said when I switch to SvS the elems will finish me in less than 3 crits. :)

It's easier for her cuz shes got such high INT from her OP s1 set that even with SvS costume her resist will still be high. For everyone else it's a bit tougher though.

I suggest staying behind walls if u see rangers.. oh wait, they can shoot through walls.

Edited by Insanita, 18 November 2010 - 12:13 AM.

#10 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:50 AM

most of the time you die so fast you barely have time to heal :)

@confused maybe now you will see why i say that its kind of hard to play tempy at high lvl foc, especially as there seem to be buttload of melees around :p_devil:

some games i can barely leave spawn and shoot 1 bolt before i die

Edited by Famous, 18 November 2010 - 12:51 AM.

#11 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:02 AM

most of the time you die so fast you barely have time to heal :p_devil:

really? i had no idea. well good thing defis dont have an awesome instant heal that requires no target or all of my dna to be worth it then.

best strategy to kill rangers: dont just kamikaze run towards them with no cover.

#12 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:10 AM

really? i had no idea. well good thing defis dont have an awesome instant heal that requires no target or all of my dna to be worth it then.

best strategy to kill rangers: dont just kamikaze run towards them with no cover.

yus i know that defi die easier than tempy, but even if i awesome ninja run behind walls and stuffs etc. and manage to drop lr on group i wont kill them all like you or stillet etc. they will just laugh and kill meh...

#13 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

So is there any good tempests with S2 stuff? :p_devil:

#14 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

So is there any good tempests with S2 stuff? :p_devil:

Yeah, some who spent loads of money on CS stuff to get a really high + alosa, TB shield, TB costume, 72 or 75 wand, & +20 or so FoC/+15 Biskra armor.

#15 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:10 AM

sh-- :p_devil:

#16 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

Even with all that, +10 70 set beats it in every possible category and stat~ Now you know why I complain about it so much >.<

Edited by Insanita, 18 November 2010 - 02:13 AM.

#17 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:25 AM

Heal? lol, Rangers shoot too fast; Switch ornaments? again, they shoot too fast, it works against lower lvls but not against the high ones. The best you can do is first look the field better, awareness is the best defense, also work in team, let someone else, if is available, go in front (i wish there was a push function, hehehe).

#18 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:53 AM

Use all the def buffs you have (i would even consider ion shield), along with a SVS Costume (kamyola would be the best for you) and try to make it +10 (or higher). Then try to reinforce your wand and magicshield as high as possible to cap your resistance. This way you dont have to switch the SVS costume and REsistance ornament.

I would have done it like this, sadly i dont have mall points.

#19 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

Just re roll xenoa and join us :p_devil:

#20 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:10 AM

Use all the def buffs you have (i would even consider ion shield), along with a SVS Costume (kamyola would be the best for you) and try to make it +10 (or higher). Then try to reinforce your wand and magicshield as high as possible to cap your resistance. This way you dont have to switch the SVS costume and REsistance ornament.

I would have done it like this, sadly i dont have mall points.

that would cost actually hundreds of millions of lant and lot of item mall points and not many of us have the resources hence insanita's post above was correct, you can be good with s2 gears just need tons of $

#21 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:22 AM

Just re roll xenoa and join us :p_devil:

Nebar!

that would cost actually hundreds of millions of lant and lot of item mall points and not many of us have the resources hence insanita's post above was correct, you can be good with s2 gears just need tons of $

And that ^

#22 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:24 AM

Ye it would... but I love events where you have to be afk for 1 hour and receive nice items like a Item Reinforcement Tool that reduces the price with 90%...

#23 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

Ye it would... but I love events where you have to be afk for 1 hour and receive nice items like a Item Reinforcement Tool that reduces the price with 90%...

well i wasnt playing at the time so dont have any of those items and many people wont have them either and again isnt it item mall item? hence it just confirms that item mall is op

#24 Insanita

Insanita

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1727 posts
  • LocationAway from you!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

Best event ever cuz I didnt have to move.

#25 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:29 AM

well i wasnt playing at the time so dont have any of those items and many people wont have them either and again isnt it item mall item? hence it just confirms that item mall is op

Yep. Without mall points it just gets harder.

But Maybe confusion has one of those tools + mall points + lants + eximius xeons...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users