Attack Power (Stat and Weapon Dmg) - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Attack Power (Stat and Weapon Dmg)

4 replies to this topic

#1 DPSwannabe

DPSwannabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:46 AM

Okay, so i have been reading this thing about the attack power doesnt matter in honing, its about the min/max damage of your weapon, So saying this, is it true that attack power in the character window doesnt really reflect your damage? I am bothered by this badly because after trying some stuff with a character (rogue to be specific) The damage I deal with Norns blessing  (2000 atkp) and the Unstable Doping Buff (more atkpwr) didnt really increase my damage that much in actual testing, well atleast it doesnt scale correctly when you see the character window attack power. If skills are based on your atk power, then why is the damage done not directly proportional when you increase your atk power?

Please dont say it has something to do with the def of the enemy or something like that because lets say:

10atk power * 100% skill = 5 dmg to enemy with 50% def

20atk power * 100% skill = 10 dmg to enemy with 50% def

that would be a correct calculation as you doubled your atk, but in reality, you would only deal about 7~8dmg with the increased atk power.

these numbers are just for examples but you guys know what i mean.

A little help regarding atk power in window and weapon damage calcs. I just feel that getting pure +80 Str runes would give me 960str which leads to less than 2k atk power addition which is not really that much end game right?

#2 Stratum

Stratum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

The Attack Power statistic in your character status window is meaningless. Hover your mouse over it to see your Physical Skill Effect (PSE), the number which your skill damage calculations actually care about. For instance:

6pp2bm.jpg

In quantitative terms, the PSE calculations can be broken down as follows:

Physical Attack classes: (Str*2 / 15.53) + ((wpnmin+wpnmax)/2) = Physical Skill Effect under Attack Power. 

Magic Attack classes: ((Int*3 + gear Magic Power)/15.53) + ((wpnmin+wpnmax)/2) = Physical Skill Effect under Magic Power. 

In both cases, add in your weapon refine bonus to the Physical Skill Effect statistic to get your base damage. Multiply this by your skill damage% and reduce by the target's damage mitigration rate to determine your total skill damage.

As you can see from the formulas, each point in STR only buys you 0.129 points in PSE, so a Rogue with a full set of 17 +80 Bind Runes on its armors/accessories would only gain 175 PSE. Meanwhile, that same character would gain 2720 Dodge, which is certainly more efficient as a combat statistic.

Edited by Stratum, 07 March 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#3 DPSwannabe

DPSwannabe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

i see, I always wondered how I could use that number there but for now let me try some tests with my rogue again and see if it now scales directly with the number in there.

so does that mean bye str, hi agi at end game?

Edited by DPSwannabe, 07 March 2015 - 09:00 AM.

#4 Stratum

Stratum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'll defer to a rogue main/VCR to speak to the efficacy of a set of AGI runes at endgame. However, I can say that you will certainly see more bang for your buck with AGI just due to the way the PSE calculations work out--I've added some details to my previous post.

#5 Chaostamer149

Chaostamer149

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:19 PM

It's actually (corrections in bold):

Physical Attack classes: (Str*ClassSTRMod / 10.53) + ((wpnmin+wpnmax)/2) = Physical Skill Effect under Attack Power. 

Magic Attack classes: ((Int*ClassINTMod + gear Magic Power)/10.53) + ((wpnmin+wpnmax)/2) = Physical Skill Effect under Magic Power.

ClassSTR/INTMod is either 3 or 2 (6 for Crec) depending on your class, it could be found by hovering over STR/INT in your stat window.

It was initially 15.53 at the time Heimdallr made a post explaining PSE but was changed a few weeks later to 10.53, although it was never mentioned.

Edited by Chaostamer149, 07 March 2015 - 12:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users