Doom Slayer [1] does not work correctly - Page 3 - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Doom Slayer [1] does not work correctly

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#51 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

Posted Image

):

Wait, you're dechant?

Edited by Sera, 22 November 2010 - 08:32 PM.

#52 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:35 PM

Wait, you're chance?!

#53 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:16 PM

Okay, now I'm suspicious, does this mean Veteran's Axe is the same deal?

I was about to buy some I saw vending, and then I was like wait... I've been through this before...

Edited by Sera, 22 November 2010 - 09:17 PM.

#54 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Probably <_<

I think if we submit enough tickets we can get their attention and get it fixed

#55 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:48 AM

I hope everyone submitted a ticket. Try to refer them to this topic.

I once reported the La'cryma Stick for not giving mdef, and it was fixed. And just last week I submitted a ticket reporting certain items not having their slot shown properly, and I've gotten a very enthusiastic reply which said they'll fix it in the next maint, which they did.

So don't lose hope -_-

Edited by Sarune, 24 November 2010 - 12:49 AM.

#56 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:25 AM

Eh, my ticket has been sitting there since the 18th (6 days) with no response, so... yeah...

#57 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

The weapon Doom Slayer [1]:
Attack power: 10
Attack Speed -40%
Doubles the SP cost of skills
If the user's strength is 95 or greater:
Attack +340
+30% chance to stun the enemy
5% chance of breaking the enemy's armor

My issue is with the way the Attack +340 is being applied. It *is* being applied, but it is applied as attack from equipment, rather than increasing the power of the weapon.

I was under the impression that a character with 95 or greater strength using this weapon would, in effect, be using a weapon with an attack power of 350.

This is clearly not the case.

If you wish to replicate this, Mechanic with 96 strength, 100 vitality, 70 dexterity, full Mastersmith buffs (Power Maximize, Maximum Power Thrust, Adrenaline Rush, Weapon Perfection, Axe Mastery).

The Doom Slayer consistently deals about 1,000 to 2,000 less total damage with Axe Tornado as compared to a Hurricane Fury.

I spent a good deal of money making a +7 Doom Slayer [1], and broke my Hurricane Fury attempting to overupgrade it because I assumed I had an appropriate replacement.

Please fix this weapon so that having 95 or greater strength increases the attack power of the weapon by 340, rather than just adding 340 attack.
This weapon has huge penalties for usage (double SP consumption and -40% attack speed), it should be comparable to Hurricane Fury or Giant Axe for players wishing to overcome those restrictions.

Thank you for your consideration.

Thank you for contacting us,

We will send this issue to out technical team for further review and testing. If additional details or screenshots can be provided, please contact us again.

Thank you,

Kevin
Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

I'm not really sure what additional details I can add, but will be sending in screenshots of damage differences as soon as I can connect.

#58 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

what do u expect with axe weapons.... gms hate blacksmith :'(

Edited by IronFist, 24 November 2010 - 07:57 PM.

#59 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:53 AM

I took screen shots of my +9 Doom Slayer doing less damage than a weapon that has nearly half of it's attack. If that doesn't convince them that there's something wrong with it, then I don't know what will. -_-

#60 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:16 AM

Hello there,

We appreciate your report, and will send this to the testing team to investigate. The screenshots are very useful, if you come across additional information on this issue, please send it in and we will be happy to include it in our report.

Thank you,

Steven
Customer Service Representative
WarpPortal Support Team

Hooray

Edited by Sarune, 28 November 2010 - 12:17 AM.

#61 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Are you guys sending tickets with screen shots? The screen shots really help. Im gonna keep pestering them until they fix it

#62 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

I think they should fix it as well, however I wouldn't go holding my breath until they do lol.

#63 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

Hey, people don't give them enough credit. In the past they've fixed the the problems I reported. Just gotta give them detailed information, screen shots, and keep pestering. :p_devil:

#64 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

Hey, people don't give them enough credit. In the past they've fixed the the problems I reported. Just gotta give them detailed information, screen shots, and keep pestering. :p_devil:

Yep I mean they DID fix Well Chewed Pencil giving Card Dex instead of Equipment Dex so that it is finally affected by Improve Concentration. Be glad iRO GM's like Heim actually listen to us! A lot of kRO players have given up reporting or complaining to their gms...

Edited by Clogon, 29 November 2010 - 02:30 AM.

#65 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:12 PM

Hello there,

We appreciate your report, and have received word back from our testing team. Unfortunately, in this case the item is behaving as intended, and does not increase the attack of the entire character, only boosting the weapon itself. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will send the suggestion up to the dev team for consideration.

Thank you for your support

PM me for WoW trial. :|

#66 Bomm

Bomm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

maybe it just turns out to be a bad item after renewal, that's all. It happens with a lot of other equipments as well. Some just become really bad.

#67 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:24 AM

What a bunch of bull. :P

maybe it just turns out to be a bad item after renewal, that's all. It happens with a lot of other equipments as well. Some just become really bad.

The point of this item that you get a huge attack boost in cost of your aspd and SP usage. How does it make any sense when a weapon almost half its attack does more damage than it?

Edited by Sarune, 03 December 2010 - 01:57 AM.

#68 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

What a bunch of bull. :P

The point of this item that you get a huge attack boost in cost of your aspd and SP usage. How does it make any sense when a weapon almost half its attack does more damage than it?

I think only the veteran axe does more dmg (vs large or with weapon perfection) than the doom slayer in their category (non trans).
And with that price difference... with the zeny needed for a Veteran axe you can get a Doom Slayer at least 2 or 3 times over-upgraded over the veteran~

#69 Sarune

Sarune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

I don't understand what veteran axe has to do with this.

This is about Doom Slayer +340 atk bonus not being applied properly and thus doing less damage than axes half it's attack.

Edited by Sarune, 03 December 2010 - 07:57 AM.

#70 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

I don't understand what veteran axe has to do with this.

This is about Doom Slayer +340 atk bonus not being applied properly and thus doing less damage than axes half it's attack.

Exactly, it isn't about being 'good' or 'bad' in my opinion, it is that weapons should add weapon attack. Any attack you gain from a weapon should be factored into the entire calculation.

I don't understand why people are arguing vehemently against this.

Edited by Sera, 03 December 2010 - 09:14 AM.

#71 YouAintReady

YouAintReady

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

Exactly, it isn't about being 'good' or 'bad' in my opinion, it is that weapons should add weapon attack. Any attack you gain from a weapon should be factored into the entire calculation.

I don't understand why people are arguing vehemently against this.

Wow this really does suck. I was about to enter into negotiations to trade a +4 Nidd and 40m for an AK card...but after reading this I think I should just try to get a Giant Axe instead >.<

Sera, how much LESS damage does Doom Slayer do in Comparison to Hurricane Fury? Cuz on page 1 of this thread u said it was doing 2k less than u expected. Do u mean 2k less for acid bomb? o.O That wouldn't be so terrible lol. Can you humor me and clarify a bit?

#72 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

2k less with Axe Tornado, which does an average of 7~11k damage, meaning I was doing 5~9k damage instead.

Giant Axe would indeed be more powerful than a Doom Slayer.

Edited by Sera, 13 February 2011 - 07:46 PM.

#73 YouAintReady

YouAintReady

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:07 PM

2k less with Axe Tornado, which does an average of 7~11k damage, meaning I was doing 5~9k damage instead.

Giant Axe would indeed be more powerful than a Doom Slayer.

k thx for the quick response. Did u test acid bomb with it? Any idea how much difference there would be there?

#74 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:10 PM

I did not bother testing, no. I apologize.

But if the dynamics are the same, I think it would be like a 30% decrease in damage?

#75 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hello there,

We appreciate your report, and have received word back from our testing team. Unfortunately, in this case the item is behaving as intended, and does not increase the attack of the entire character, only boosting the weapon itself. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will send the suggestion up to the dev team for consideration.

Thank you for your support

Their reply doesn't make sense to me. It reads backwards in regards to what you claim the issue to be. Maybe someone can explain this better to me. However, this is how I view the situation. Doomslayer adds equip attack, you want it to add weap attack. They say that its working as intended, and does not increase the attack of entire character (equip attack) and only boosts the weapon itself (weap attack). I'm confuzzled. :Emo_14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users