• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HeinzBM

HeinzBM

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

nowadays, do double attack and combo training still worth maxing?

any use for shadow assault since there is hide already?

any benefit from maxing grimtooth?

full str or full vit? end game-wise?

thanks for the reply/ies :)

#2 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

1. Depends on your vigor, I don't max Double attack because i Maxed Cross Impact, Shadow Explosion and Shadow Strike, with my vigor those get like 7-9 secs cd so i can practically spam them in a rotation and use double attack for the last couple secs of cd only. Combo Training isn't worth it if you use Shadow strike in your rotation as it already gives 3 combo points, you can complete the 5 with 2 other skills and use Shadow Explosion as soon as it's out of cd.

2. Shadow Assault is useful when you want to "jump" from one mob to another during a fight (something you can't do with Dark Illusion), it also has a stun that's useful in pvp, and works as a gap closer if the enemy tries to escape. Well, at least that's what i've been told lol, i don't do pvp so i'm not sure about the extent of its benefits.

3. The benefit of maxing grimtooth is that it's currently Overpowered, and the damage is way too high. If you do PvE, a max Grimtooth out of hide is capable of one-shotting mobs. In PvP, depending on your gear, level and build, you can also one-shot enemies. Keep in mind that this is one of the primary targets under our aim for re-balance, so be prepared for changes happening to this skill at some point in the future.

4. It depends on your aim; some go VIT for survivability, others just want more damage. Personally, I went STR/AGI because that's how i "like" my sin; but others can argue that STR's influence in damage is minimal, while the Critical rate buffs we get are enough to ignore AGI; so going for VIT is better since you'd get 3k hp from investing all points on it.

#3 HeinzBM

HeinzBM

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

many thanks faku for sharing your insights :)

if ever re balance comes, im sure there's skill reset for everyone so I wont bother the future for now.

additional 3k hp sounds good. maybe vit is a wise option end game wise.

dont hesitate to answer again if ever i have additional queries. Thanks! Goodluck in your rebalance project.

#4 leyhysteria

leyhysteria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationGlass Haven
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Bed

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

1. Double attack and combo training are quite 'meh' since if you have a decent vigor, you can be circling on shadow assault, cross impact, shadow explosion, just need to do a double attack like once on every cycle, it's not the bread and butter anymore.

2. Shadow Assault is really useful, since it's the stun skill of Assassins and the free 'get closer' effect, and it's instant cast too, unlike the jump attack of warriors.

3. Maxing grimtooth has pros and cos, Pros. HIGHER damage output, up to 10 targets can be hit. cons. the HP that you'll get would still be the same.

4. PVE i'd go for STR, PVP/WOE i'd go for vit, and just compensate the agi or str from those runes.

#5 gabbyjay13

gabbyjay13

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

Deleted. No one read this anyways...

Edited by gabbyjay13, 15 June 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#6 JohnTravelight

JohnTravelight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:FreelanceCo

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:14 PM

very nice answers for I have these  questions in my mind also . thanks guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users