so about vampric touch as a defiler? - Kruxena Shadows - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

so about vampric touch as a defiler?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:23 PM

so is it worth putting points in vampiric touch now thats its fixed if your going as a defiler?

if so would it be good to pump to 10 or just a couple points?

i know its a dominator thing but is it good for future defilers?

#2 xXAleXx

xXAleXx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

I have 1 point for the skill
I heal like 900 for each mob at my level 64...
I have it with 5 Points AoE DNA on it, Works perfect
(And with this patch no mote bug for this skill)
Use it if you need it or have low HP

#3 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

i was thinking a point couldnt hurt but im skeptical about the dna seems everyone shoots for putting the 25 dna into defiler skills like ruin of arrow and such later and not into any SH skills

#4 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

if you decide to take it you should get it completly, which means investing some points in vamp touch, even max it and having to spend all your dna on it:
swift vamp touch 10 (instant cast, means you can use it while running), potens vamp touch: 5 (-10secs recast time), and ofc the aoe dna.
how much you spend on it, well thats up to you.

or

you dont get it all, and rather go for more damage, but will be squishier.

up to you really, personally i havent skilled vampiric touch because it requires so much dna to make it useful.
but i can see that it might be good to have if youre on low hp.

#5 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:45 PM

i wish skill resets and dna resets werent to terribly hard to get id be nice to be able to kinda make early lvling easier without horribly gimping myself later.

i mean getting a good vampiric touch and putting points in invis and shield. I mean im lv 17 with 14 spare skill points

#6 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

1 point is ENOUGH in vamp touch as a defi (and no, no dna is required). You just use it after you drop your ground aoes on mobs so you get some HP back, its a free pot to full heal if it crits... and even if it doesn't 1 point and no DNA is enough to keep you going in perma-grind unless Terms of Service fails (god help you) or lag catches you. With pots of course.

#7 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:35 PM

How it double posted with that epic delay between them idk. Fix your forum hamsters, they are hungry.

Edited by TigerNinja, 18 November 2010 - 03:36 PM.

#8 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

you only need as much DNA in AoE as to how much HP you have or hope to have. Maxing the AoE DNA to me sounds like a waste since defilers are unlikely to get that many targets or need that much recovery.

On the plus side, i now dont need a healer in TBS Den of Arachnide since theres so many beetles to suck on :p_devil:

and its true on whether or not you even need that many pts or any at all for Vamp. All depends if you wanna be a glass cannon or a sneaky trapper.

#9 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

well this is sorta off topic but i couldnt find it anywhere

what does being a premium player get ya?

#10 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:41 PM

off the top of my head... region chat, bank accounts + joint accounts, xp bonus, premium dungeon and the ability to piss off non premium people.

#11 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:44 PM

darn i got about 2500 item mall points from doing survesy *about 15 min worth* but u need the WP points to get premium service...pooh. maybe ill just get a skill reset and dna reset and make lvling to 50 alot easier as a SH...idk what else is worth getting in the item shop though didnt really seem like many good things besides exp+ items

#12 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

off the top of my head... region chat, bank accounts + joint accounts, xp bonus, premium dungeon and the ability to piss off non premium people.

that's very succinct and very accurate. premium players level faster and so have to spend less time grinding mobs, often just moving from quest to quest and gaining roughly the amount of exp needed to level until they reach the upper 60s. all the other stuff is true too. yes, yellow text does cause green envy. lol.

#13 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

hmm less time grinding mobs sounds fun since it seems thats what this game has alot of. since people keep telling me dont do quests unless they give mount beasts or bags

if i could use item mall points id get one but id actually have to pay for it instead of doing surveys haha

#14 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:58 PM

well, until like level 60 it's probably not terribly important if you save quests for a nice exp event / CS coupon combo (not a bad idea). After that, the exp starts to rise per quest and the grind that will come later will have you wanting to get the most exp at every opportunity. Since mobs are worth lots and lots of exp later on though, relative to time spent running around lower maps for relatively low/medium exp, it isn't really worth saving quests before then imho. You'll end up grinding eventually either way.

#15 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

Maxing the AoE DNA to me sounds like a waste since defilers are unlikely to get that many targets or need that much recovery.

wait wut?

#16 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

wait wut?

LOL

#17 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image

#18 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:26 AM

hmm getting aggro doesnt seem to be hard...trust me i run through a place turn around and a small army is after me.

i have a skill reset but sadly it doesnt seem u can get dna resets unless u get one of those cards and i just did surveys for item mall points.

i was hoping to be able to raise skills as a SH to make SH life easier and reskill when io become a defiler

#19 Leash

Leash

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3490 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

i was hoping to be able to raise skills as a SH to make SH life easier and reskill when io become a defiler

thats highly recommended. you even might want to wait for lvl 60+ before you reskill, lvl 60 trap still misses alot.

#20 sias

sias

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

so is it worth putting points in vampiric touch now thats its fixed if your going as a defiler?

if so would it be good to pump to 10 or just a couple points?

i know its a dominator thing but is it good for future defilers?

Take Vampiric Touch skill to lv 1 => You can use it now, it's fun to have free heals (more points is useless)
Take Vampiric Touch dna to lv 1 => Doubles your heal, since you attack 2 mobs now (more points is useless, unless you don't need your dna somewhere else, but this skill requires either way, 0, 1 or 10 dna points, and personally I don't think 10 is worth it. I rather spend my dna on Arrow of Ruin, Blood Storm and Deadly Fog)

Either way, it's totally up to you, but that's what I think about it. Vampiric Touch rocks now (when it was broken it sucked), but for me, putting more than 1 point in the skill and the dna is a waste. Not getting it is a waste too in my opinion, since you can't use it then..

Hope this helped,
Greetz

#21 TigerNinja

TigerNinja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:36 AM

thats highly recommended. you even might want to wait for lvl 60+ before you reskill, lvl 60 trap still misses alot.

Don't even bother with Terms of Service until 66-69. Even 69 trap misses too much for its own good, the 72 trap was the first one I could mostly rely on (this is defined by me not using more than 50% of my aeds for Terms of Service fail recoveries).

#22 Max9183

Max9183

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:31 PM

yah i did 2 quick surveys which got me little over 2k item shop points so planning for a skill reset...saving my dna since no clue when dna reset will be in item shop and im not spending money on a card for one.

its nice i mean one point im doing 90-100 damage at lv 20 when u only have about 250 max hp its something u cant complain about

and i mean if i had a way to get dna reset id make my guy a VT grinder saw some videos on that and it seems a pretty reliable AoE thing to use and considering i wont have an AoE till defiller seems like an early way to get a decent aoE attack

#23 Atanathar

Atanathar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:28 PM

I balanced it,1pt on the skill 5in the AOE DNA and 2in the casting speed,makes perfect sense to me,works as a attack and healing skill and still lefts me DNA pts for other skills.

#24 Coors

Coors

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationMisery

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

A defiler imo should only put one skill point in it and no dna. Better dna to pick.

#25 Atanathar

Atanathar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

A defiler imo should only put one skill point in it and no dna. Better dna to pick.

I split my DNA pts into deadly fog,arrow of ruin and blood storm and i still have free DNA pts,thats the nice thing about the patch,you can create you personal build that suits your playstyle,and as far as i can see its working really well.Gave me more options to choose from.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users