151 replies to this topic

#126 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

Just went down there to test the dungeon...

The Kobold Leader is not Boss property -- will this get a change? Seems like there's alot of knockback but the dungeon seems interesting. Soloing is an option, but once you get 2-3+ mobs they start to hurt. Damage and stuff looked fine, I just wanted to test the Leader a bit with Boss property.

A second glance at the drop table, why is Long Horn in there twice? Is it possible to get a cute headgear in there? Someone on the first page made a suggestion for the Mandragora Cap! Or maybe Angelic Rings? The Geek Glasses Slotted Coupon... Can we not get trolled anymore I still cry over Laser Eyes [1]. Could we get like Sunglasses instead?

I thought also you were considering a aura-change or something like that. Is that still up in the air?

I am excited for the challenge dungeon! Please consider a few drop changes though, we need cute headgears/aura transformers.

Edited by Jenna, 19 October 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#127 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

Just went down there to test the dungeon...

The Kobold Leader is not Boss property -- will this get a change? Seems like there's alot of knockback but the dungeon seems interesting. Soloing is an option, but once you get 2-3+ mobs they start to hurt. Damage and stuff looked fine, I just wanted to test the Leader a bit with Boss property.

A second glance at the drop table, why is Long Horn in there twice? Is it possible to get a cute headgear in there? Someone on the first page made a suggestion for the Mandragora Cap! Or maybe Angelic Rings? The Geek Glasses Slotted Coupon... Can we not get trolled anymore I still cry over Laser Eyes [1]. Could we get like Sunglasses instead?

I thought also you were considering a aura-change or something like that. Is that still up in the air?

I am excited for the challenge dungeon! Please consider a few drop changes though, we need cute headgears/aura transformers.

Or perhaps CD in mouth as well. :p_sad:

#128 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

I'm going to be walking people through the Classic Test character creation process for this week's Tiki Tuesday livestream so please join me there at 3!

#129 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

Update

Stat Foods and Abrasive appear on consumables Vendor

Blacksmith now in the center of izlude instead of hiding.

Snack Foods Now Dropping

Subject Aura now dropping

GSB drop rate increase

White Potion Box gained contents

Caster Monster Decreased Melee Damage Increased Spell Damage

Melee gains chance to cast Ganbantein at 50% HP

MVP Movement Speed increased by 3-4%

MVP Attack Range Decreased

it was set to boss property. So maybe restarting the zone will fix? If not we will look into it further.

#130 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:42 AM

Man, this sounds so cool. :o

#131 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:50 PM

Just did a quick solo run through again to check changes.

Health can still be reduced a little bit (see my last post).

The attackspeed for the melee/MVP are too low, the melee one needs to be brought up, it actually has an array of skills it's just they come up so infrequently. The MVP seems to be in a similar position.

I think the melee one has Shattering Strike, but I tanked it for a while and didnt have anything broken, it may need specific weapon/armor skills to work properly (you could make it cast shattering strike for the animation then give it a small cast time for an armor/shield/weapon break to give players time to swap items off to avoid losing them).

The caster may outstrip the scariness of the other monsters right now, I feel like it's probably okay though as they can be a focus for players.

The MVP still seems to be going into passive mode, is there any of the AI left over in it swapping its monster type around in passive state? It's health is pretty enormous and alone it's not much of a threat right now, you could consider making it spawn with one of each ranged/melee/caster adds and have it summon a new set every 25%. A well geared group could probably ignore one set, but two-three could be tough.

Also as an aside, they may need something to do on rude attack, it's less of a problem for the caster and ranged dude, but icewalling/fibering the MVP/melee could be a strong way to help handle adds or kill them without consequence. Making them do something fairly extreme on rude attack would be interesting (instead of teleporting, forcing players to deal with anything extra they pulll is a good approach imo).

I cannot comment on the drops as I still havent seen anything drop except the white potion box from the first trip down there. However I strongly suggest you consider adding an empty bottle box instead of the white potions, white potions for slims are one of the last remaining zeny sinks left on the server and empty bottles are the last bottable supply required by players, even moreso now that you have fixed the empty bottle merchant.

It would be nice to see them gain the proposed sprites and a new map.

#132 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

in my tests a well geared duo can handle most of whats down there.

the mage mobs are a real challenge.

and that mvp's health pool.... geez, it has some life on it, lol. killed one mvp after zerging it for a while. i can confirm that it drops 3 gsb when it dies. havent gotten any other drops yet.

the melee could use a little atk spd boost. otherwise its cool.

the archers are good. that fiberlock is enough of a wrench for you to want to take them out first when your mobed up.

Edited by lxst, 03 November 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#133 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

What if I gave the melee a snap to rude attacker? I think you'd be able to disable them but not kill them without danger.

#134 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:20 AM

Blacksmith still on there on test server?

#135 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

What if I gave the melee a snap to rude attacker? I think you'd be able to disable them but not kill them without danger.

I think that could work.

#136 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:51 PM

Pushing New World to Classic instead of putting renewal items to CD drops would be more preferable.

This looks like pserver craps.

#137 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

Pushing New World to Classic instead of putting renewal items to CD drops would be more preferable.

This looks like pserver craps.

The staff keep explaining why it can't happen. Try to keep up.

#138 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:02 AM

The staff keep explaining why it can't happen. Try to keep up.

Care to hint where it's? I skimmed through every page, didn't see such explanation.

If it's in other threads. I might've missed it because no time to read them all.

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:04 AM

It's all over the place

until kRO step in, there's only a limited amount of monsters available in the game. Once  they put in new world, that's it. No more content until 2067

#140 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:18 AM

Make the monsters cast Reflect Shield or Fiberlock.

#141 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

Care to hint where it's? I skimmed through every page, didn't see such explanation.

If it's in other threads. I might've missed it because no time to read them all.

On Classic, we're able to add maps from Renewal to Pre-Renewal, but in terms of monsters and headgear we are limited by a fixed list of item/monster numbers. We are technically able to add new monsters and headgear sprites but the game client is unable to recognize them at all. For the Challenge dungeon and previous events we have repurposed unused or redundant monsters or headgear sprites to introduce monsters/headgears that did not exist in Pre-Renewal. 

One of the reasons among many we requested to the development team that Classic be ported over to the Renewal exe (while still keeping pre-re mechanics) is that Renewal does not have the same sprite limitations. 

#142 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 November 2015 - 07:11 AM

you should really sticky a foundry post saying that.

#143 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

The dungeon make at this current state should be renamed to "Patience Dungeon".

Currently the only classes you take there are:

1) couple of HP

2) Champ to Kill

3) Scholar for SP

4) Hwiz For freezing

5) Strings for hwiz

Its kinda of bad for other classes and frankly the drops are not rewarding enough.

Its easy to kill it just takes long to kill [solved by lexed Gfist].

Reduce hp and make em hit harder maybe? or use more skills.

Please donot make this thors by adding reflect [yet another place where only specific classes level], instead add more skills to the mobs.

Edit :

As for drops, white potion box is really not a great idea, as someone mentioned earlier its one of very few zeny sinks in the game currently, also they drop gsbs, which is okay but the rate is crap, I mean the same can be obtained with much less effort in GD.

Increasing the rates would be nice, and changing the White pot box to something like WSS/Authoritize badges or speed pots would be nice. The equipment drop rates seemed pretty decent although most of the gear(other than sprint items) aren't all that great pre-renewal. But...its something. :)

Edited by Heart, 07 November 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#144 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

I suggest change potato into something better such as Empty Bottle or Blue Herbs.

#145 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

So we are aware that through full defensive gear (immune, cranial valk, CK, beret) and assumptio the arrow vulcan from the archer does stupidly high damage (35k+) right?

with GR/DR nyd cranial valk CK beret and assu that becomes 9x 1,800 or still 16k - which is extremely punishing if you get ganbaned whilst tanking one melee.

Edited by Xellie, 10 November 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#146 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 12:52 AM

When monsters in challenge dungeon will give exp and job exp? 

#147 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:59 AM

New challenge dungeon please, 

#148 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:55 PM

I made this post the other day but it's probably more suitable to have here incase anything ever gets done on a second or IDs are needed for quests:

Reminder that we still have 13 unused New World/misc monsterIDs from previous events:

• bradium_golem 2024 - Worm (Challenge Dungeon)
  • centipete 1987 - Worm (Challenge Dungeon)
  • cornus 1992 - Zombie (Undead Challenge Dungeon)
  • duneyrr 2018 - Phen (Izlude Challenge Dungeon)
  • hardrock_mommoth 1990 - Strouf (Izlude Challenge Dungeon)
  • hillsrion 1989 - Sacaraba Bug (Bug hunting anniversary event)
  • jakk_xmas 1244 - Arclouse (probably Bug hunting anniversary event)
  • luciola_vespa 1994 - Scaraba Bug (Bug hunting anniversary event)
  • naga 1993 - Sacaraba Bug (Bug hunting anniversary event)
  • rata 2017 - Sacaraba Bug (Bug hunting anniversary event)
  • soccer_ball 1792 - King Poring
  • tatacho 1986 - Worm MVP (Challenge Dungeon)
  • tendrilrion 1991 - Oda Frog (Undead Challenge Dungeon)

I made this up months ago based on what the grf had the sprites custom changed to, it's format is dbname monsterid - newsprite (former use).

#149 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

Proposed Instance Rotation

1: Sara's Memory

2: Glast Heim Memorial

3: Faceworm

D: Ghost Palace

E: Geffen Magic Tournament

01100110: Demon's Tower

This please, got bored of kobolds now.

#150 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:46 AM

Agreed, kobolds have been in for quite a while. More new world drops would be great too. I'm specifically interested in whip of balance [3] and cello [3]. I would also consider leaving lunakaligo [3] in whatever the next rotation is. That item alone is incentive to hunt in the challenge dungeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users