The Ultimate Money Making Class - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

The Ultimate Money Making Class

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#51 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

So what exactly are rangers hunting and doign to make money? I'm slightly confused.

Ranger: Pull, camouflage, AS, repeat

Geneticist: If you don't run out of bombs, you're not casting AB enough times

GX: Spin for the win

That's how they're get money

#52 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

GX: Spin for the win

No love for pewpew crits? :c

#53 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

I vote Genetic. It is the jack of all trades class. Some classes are slightly better for specific tasks but no other class can do almost everything in the game as well as Genetic. Im not going to deny that Ranger is great for mobbing. Genetic cart cannon is pretty good for mobbing also. Gen can brew, mvp, mob, set up a shop, overcharge/undercharge, kill ghost, fastest movement, homunculus, the list never ends lol.

Some say Genetic is expensive but its worth it in the end.

I guess it really comes down to what you like to do in the game. I like to MvP so my choice is easy.

Never been a big Ranger fan. Seems like a pretty good class. I guess new people tend to usually start by playing ranger because it is easy. Since i see so many noobs playing Ranger k/sing everybody I just dislike the class.

Edited by DarkDan, 21 March 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#54 kazukimatsumoto

kazukimatsumoto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • LocationPlanet Earth ~
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

Ranger all the wayyyyy. (Coz i don't have a gene yet.) But I'll make one someday.

That rhymes.  :p_omg:

#55 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:47 AM

I vote Genetic. It is the jack of all trades class. Some classes are slightly better for specific tasks but no other class can do almost everything in the game as well as Genetic. Im not going to deny that Ranger is great for mobbing. Genetic cart cannon is pretty good for mobbing also. Gen can brew, mvp, mob, set up a shop, overcharge/undercharge, kill ghost, fastest movement, homunculus, the list never ends lol.

Some say Genetic is expensive but its worth it in the end.

I guess it really comes down to what you like to do in the game. I like to MvP so my choice is easy.

Never been a big Ranger fan. Seems like a pretty good class. I guess new people tend to usually start by playing ranger because it is easy. Since i see so many noobs playing Ranger k/sing everybody I just dislike the class.

Funny, because I dislike genes class for similar reason too: both noob and pro genes level by afk-ing and letting their homuns to do the work. 

At least with rangers, you can't breed 5 rangers at one go. 

Edited by DeadIntern, 21 March 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#56 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

Do people actually think genetics afk with homunculus to base/job level?

cause i just spent 2 months making my deiter, and i think i lost like 70% base/job exp at least. 

Edited by Lapphy, 21 March 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#57 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Funny, because I dislike genes class for similar reason too: both noob and pro genes level by afk-ing and letting their homuns to do the work. 

At least with rangers, you can't breed 5 rangers at one go. 

That is one of the most terrible assumptions I've read in these parts. Like, wow.

#58 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

the cheapest class to gear for acceptable levels of performance probably has to be ranger.  You can get ok geared ranger up with like 150m, with that you can easily start farming things on your own.

Genes probably come in second for cost of gear, but homuculous takes easily 2 or 3 months of dedication to get the appropriate skills to make them worthwhile to even use.

If you have infinite zeny, GX's are really good for money making.

If you get into a dedicated group of players that do instances and stuff, you can probably get away with playing a support class.  AB's and sorcs can get to acceptable levels of gear with around 90m probably.  Strings is pretty much always needed and you can get away with a perfect dodge set for all around survivability for like 60m or more, but i think most people would rather stick their hand in a blender than to play a dedicated stringer for pve stuff.  Actually i think you can get away with being naked as strings and people would still worship the ground you walk on as long as you have more than like 120 int total.

Being in a dedicated group would hopefully get you a cut of the loot/payout which may not be as much income as solo'ing, but it'd be still a reliable source.

#59 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

Actually i think you can get away with being naked as strings and people would still worship the ground you walk on as long as you have more than like 120 int total.

If you try to do anything besides strings though...

#60 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

If you try to do anything besides strings though...

you would be revered as a god amongst gods if you actually casted maestro songs while doing strings.  Entire churches would rededicate themselves to honor you, and your very presence would bring warring factions to their knees. The server would quake at the amount of people worshiping you as you sing the song of your people. 

#61 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1725 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

Do people actually think genetics afk with homunculus to base/job level?

cause i just spent 2 months making my deiter, and i think i lost like 70% base/job exp at least. 

Ok, my bad. But genes can definitely multi-clients their homuns, create a TI party and go AFK in there. Be it for farming EMBs or to complete their counts so they can stack and turn them all in with bmx3, all w/o much intervention from the player. I don't know how much of this is true, but this is the impression I get from observing those bio/genes in TI and reading forums.

Edited by DeadIntern, 21 March 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#62 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

The thing with GX is that creating Poison bottle can get time consuming and buying them is expensive. That is my main gripe with GX. For me they don't do reasonable dmg without deadly poison.

l2invest

#63 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:32 PM

EDP isn't even that expensive compared to bombs or the amount of healing items you might use when you're doing Serious Business.

#64 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 08:11 PM

don't EDP last like a full minute?

As a gx you'd probably also want to use celermine juice, +20 str and luk foods, and probably edp.  Celermine is like 7k, str and luk food you can probably get around for 15k each.  For 5 minutes you'd probably use 5 edp.  Edp is like 25k each.  125k for edp, 37k for genetic foods  Rounding it off to 160k zeny per 5 minutes.  Easily within the timeframe to kill an mvp. 

160k = like 4 acid bombs, or 3 acid bombs + 1 fcp.  I'm pretty sure most genes can vomit out 4 acid bombs in like 5 seconds.

Only issue between GX and Genes is that overall i think GX has a higher threshold for cost of gear.  I've seen people spend like 1 or 2 billion zeny on 1 piece of GX gear for the "top-tier" stuff.  Don't even know how much a +12 glorious katar is suppose to cost, but i swear most GX's i talk to just throw gear in that category around like its suppose to be the baseline stuff.

Genes, most expensive thing you'd get is probably a +9 triple AS red twin sword.  Maybe a +9 FAW with EA enchants, but a +9 heroic backpack works as a decent substitute imo.

#65 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

^ Babe pls, +15 HF EA12 all the way. :3

#66 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

^ Babe pls, +15 HF EA12 all the way. :3

yea i'll take a +15 spell 6/6 TSOD please

#67 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:42 AM

This the reason why I am not playing my GX right now. I need to gear him up first. It's super fun to play though.

If GX didn't use EDP I would probably be playing with mine right now.

don't EDP last like a full minute?

As a gx you'd probably also want to use celermine juice, +20 str and luk foods, and probably edp. Celermine is like 7k, str and luk food you can probably get around for 15k each. For 5 minutes you'd probably use 5 edp. Edp is like 25k each. 125k for edp, 37k for genetic foods Rounding it off to 160k zeny per 5 minutes. Easily within the timeframe to kill an mvp.

160k = like 4 acid bombs, or 3 acid bombs + 1 fcp. I'm pretty sure most genes can vomit out 4 acid bombs in like 5 seconds.

Only issue between GX and Genes is that overall i think GX has a higher threshold for cost of gear. I've seen people spend like 1 or 2 billion zeny on 1 piece of GX gear for the "top-tier" stuff. Don't even know how much a +12 glorious katar is suppose to cost, but i swear most GX's i talk to just throw gear in that category around like its suppose to be the baseline stuff.

Genes, most expensive thing you'd get is probably a +9 triple AS red twin sword. Maybe a +9 FAW with EA enchants, but a +9 heroic backpack works as a decent substitute imo.

#68 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:45 AM

I rarely used edps going to 150; it will speed things up for sure but it's not required. if i'm doing TIs though I would use EDP so i'm not completely useless. Soloing through 150 though I used virtually no consumables b/c of a combination of hf weapon/vana helm.

150+ though you would want to start using EDPs because leveling is such a chore at that pt.

#69 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:57 AM

Necro, what hf weapon did u use bro?

I would love to level my GX, i just feel like its dmg is wayy to low.

How much str do u have?

#70 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:12 AM

I used a 3x hf jur son; I was broke. I think I allocated str last; even at 160 I only have like 90 base.

#71 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:23 AM

I see, do you remember your dmg? Mine at 105 is about 2k with Krishna + sin cuff combo. This is with RC of course.

#72 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

I don't remember what I did at 105 lol. I generally only put on the hf jur when I want to get some hp back; usually i'll be using ele katars or GBR vs demi-humans. I keep my +9 vana helm on though 99% of the time just so I don't run out of sp.

with a 3x hf jur and a vana helm, you really only need a few RCs in a mob to get most of your hp back; then you can swap back to your main damage weapon to continue. obviously if you're using EDP you can't weapon switch but generally I haven't had the need to use pots when going that route unless I'm in bio2 or soloing high TI or something.

#73 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:34 AM

Do u remember what was your damage like?

I am doing like 2k per RC with a +7 Krishna + sin cuff combo.

#74 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:12 AM

Do u remember what was your damage like?

I don't remember what I did at 105 lol.

Pls. ._.

#75 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

Oni, we posted within 1 min timeframe at tge same time.

Give me a break

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users