• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#26 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:11 AM

here is a fact : there are way more whinners posting on forums than there are insur members woeing

here is an idea : why don't all the whinners make a guild and start woeing?

#27 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:33 AM

here is a fact : there are way more whinners posting on forums than there are insur members woeing

here is an idea : why don't all the whinners make a guild and start woeing?

Posted Image

#28 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:16 AM

no I was editing it but my connection died.
prettying it up now.

Aldebaran November 13
Sentinel
trolls
insurgents
Ectasy

All of these are Insurrection puppet guilds to bypass your rules of only getting one god item piece.
There is probably more to boot, but I'm not holding my breath for the rules that you made to be upheld against them.

#29 Kamikadze

Kamikadze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

Ymir
Valkyrie Realms November 11
Eternal I Asura - fair
Sentinel - ???
lnsurgents - fair
Trap or Die - fair (Animocity)

Aldebaran November 13
Sentinel - ???
trolls - sub-guild of Insurgents
Insurgents - fair
Ectasy - sub-guild of Insuregents

Nithafjoll November 13
Pecos - sub-guild of Eternal I Asure (end of WoE - much ppls try rush emp, on emp maybe 8-10ppls from Eternal I Asure, 1 or 2 ppls from Pecos, ppls from Eternal I Asure concentrate kill ppls from another guilds, not break emp, break for sub-guild of Eternal I Asure)
Avalanche - sub-guild of Eternal I Asure
A - fair (Under the Moonlight and their allys)
Eternal I Asure - fair
boosh - fair (Bedlam and company)

Balder November 17
Eternal | Asura - fair
Insurgents - fair
Sentinel - sub-guild of Insurgents (Insurgents and Sentinel old allys, end of WoE, almost guilds leave, Insurgents give one their castle to Sentinel *break 10min before end*)

"The rules were a guild that holds a castle will get a pick. Not 1 pick per castle held." © Yes... different guilds hold... but same guilds defense and give break in end their sub-guilds, heh

#30 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:24 AM

The rules were a guild that holds a castle will get a pick. Not 1 pick per castle held.

Make small guilds to try and spread out pieces, it just makes the guild easier to break as it is divided more.

#31 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

Nice try, but that's not what happened here.

11/18/2010 6:26:35 PM Myzery Sputnik Did you bring Sent back?
11/18/2010 6:27:26 PM Sputnik Myzery nope
11/18/2010 6:27:35 PM Sputnik Myzery insur was getting enf forts with it
11/18/2010 6:27:40 PM Myzery Sputnik Ah, ok
11/18/2010 6:27:41 PM Sputnik Myzery to get more rewards for woe

Need I say more?

I was doing WoE with Sentinel before I took a break, and they were all merged into Insur when I came back.
That's the only reason for the conversation (I thought maybe they were coming back), but it ended up proving a useful point here. Nothing against Sputnik, he's a great guy and an excellent leader.

Edited by Myzery, 21 November 2010 - 11:38 AM.

#32 Riand

Riand

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:21 PM

Well Heim does have a point that it's fair to use multi guilds. We tried to defend two castles under two different guilds on Friday and lost one of them with about 3 minutes left because we were being simultaneously hit and not enough forces to cover both.

#33 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 12:57 PM

Well Heim does have a point that it's fair to use multi guilds. We tried to defend two castles under two different guilds on Friday and lost one of them with about 3 minutes left because we were being simultaneously hit and not enough forces to cover both.

if that's the case he may as well hand out prizes per fort

#34 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:01 PM

it's harder to take 4 forts under 4 differents guilds than taking 4 forts under one guidl that can just flag in everyforts easily

switching guild back and forth demands more organization than just being stacked in one guild, it's like ppl are fighting 4 small guilds instead of 1 big guild

people think we have 40+, infact we have 25-30 people for woe, which means around 7 people in each forts.

#35 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:09 PM

it's harder to take 4 forts under 4 differents guilds than taking 4 forts under one guidl that can just flag in everyforts easily

switching guild back and forth demands more organization than just being stacked in one guild, it's like ppl are fighting 4 small guilds instead of 1 big guild

people think we have 40+, infact we have 25-30 people for woe, which means around 7 people in each forts.

You have an alliance that still can and does help.
Not to mention a number of characters that you guys lvled just to mess with this "fun WoE" event and the majority of people from Insur have multiple accounts that they can tab between.
It's not hard to roll over weaker guilds and newer players and if a "noob guild" sees that you're holding a castle hostage, they are going to avoid it, which isn't your fault really.

Bottom line is that you should get 1 god item piece for all of the holds.
Maybe making people register guilds like they did in the wps standing would be better and eliminate this.

Edited by Myzery, 21 November 2010 - 01:09 PM.

#36 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

Pretty sure having 4 seperate guilds is an advantage over having 1. Doesn't really make much difference without recall anyway. (with recall it'd be a huge advantage to have 4 guilds)
You could have the majority in insur and one or two people to break emp/flag in.

#37 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

You have an alliance that still can and does help.
Not to mention a number of characters that you guys lvled just to mess with this "fun WoE" event and the majority of people from Insur have multiple accounts that they can tab between.
It's not hard to roll over weaker guilds and newer players and if a "noob guild" sees that you're holding a castle hostage, they are going to avoid it, which isn't your fault really.

Bottom line is that you should get 1 god item piece for all of the holds.
Maybe making people register guilds like they did in the wps standing would be better and eliminate this.

i don't care about getting items from the event woe

but we have never ever had EA help us, we are just overwhelming everyone, why would we need help?

also why having 4 guilds instead of 1 gives us an advantage? i'd like a good explanation on how it's better for us. We can't flag in and our renforcement comes in later than if we were all in one guild, if anything it really disadvantage us.

challenge us, don't just talk here

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:44 PM

told you, leech me to chaser and i'll get people to fight you

#39 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

No one cares about challenging you in game. I am challenging you here on the forums about you getting more rewards than you deserve, so if you don't care about them, this shouldn't be an issue.
If you don't care, why even make or go into so many guild then? Things just don't add up here, unless you're just going for "domination" with no competition. Perhaps you guys should start a competitive solitaire league or something if that's your intentions.
Sputnik sure thought you cared when he said "Insur is using my guild to get more rewards".

I also never said that you directly get help from E|A, but you do help them and I'm sure if you were in serious trouble, they would indeed come to help you. That doesn't really matter either.

Edited by Myzery, 21 November 2010 - 01:48 PM.

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

also why having 4 guilds instead of 1 gives us an advantage? i'd like a good explanation on how it's better for us. We can't flag in and our renforcement comes in later than if we were all in one guild, if anything it really disadvantage us.

It's simple, have one person or minimum people ready to break the emp, (include a trapper) defend the rest of the fort under insur. You have ample time to switch guilds to flag if need be or just have insur run in from behind whilst the attacks deal with traps. Break emp when necessary.

Isn't that easy? I used to do that all the time on chaos back in the day.

#41 Kaden14

Kaden14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

It's simple, have one person or minimum people ready to break the emp

Good plan, except it's going to take you 15 minutes to break it.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

pre-weaken it then <_< used to do that pre-renewal too so it'd break in a single hit

#43 Prime

Prime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:15 AM

This totally won't do. Heim allows 2-3 registered alliances worked together back in those days. There were enough guilds/alliances back then to ally up for a server wide alliance to go against one alliance. That's not the case now.

#44 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:50 AM

Giving a guild that can take a whole realm almost 1/3 of a god item in components for near enough free isn't the answer though.

#45 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

Haha, grats @ Insur. It's pretty obvious who most of those pieces are going to. W/e. Ymir is a dead server imo. Everyone I knew is pretty much either gone or have forgotten their oaths to stay legit and joined insur.

W/e, it's all about YGG server now baby! I say all the people whining about Insur come join ygg. No god items to complain about, no bot-funded guilds, no prizes being given away by GMs despite the fact everyone knew who would be on the receiving end before the event even started... hell there isn't even woe yet.

#46 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

It's simple, have one person or minimum people ready to break the emp, (include a trapper) defend the rest of the fort under insur. You have ample time to switch guilds to flag if need be or just have insur run in from behind whilst the attacks deal with traps. Break emp when necessary.

Isn't that easy? I used to do that all the time on chaos back in the day.

doesn't the emp have 700 hp ?

I would never go for this plan and i don't need to explain why

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

I just bsed that, the point is, there are options that make it no more hard than being in one guild

#48 Kaden14

Kaden14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:16 AM

pre-weaken it then <_< used to do that pre-renewal too so it'd break in a single hit

The problem with that is that we barely have anyone in each fort and people constantly get to the emp (hence the whole splitting people up into smaller guilds = harder to defend thing). I'm sure if you actually participated you would see this and quickly come up with the obvious strategy that would make it near impossible for us to defend multiple forts (especially with the new renewal emp) with our current numbers, classes and lack of coordination. It really wouldn't take much to push us out of an extra fort.

If any competent, experienced player from the woe scene pre-renewal saw what we were using to defend multiple forts they would laugh. The GMs announced the event a while ago. Everyone knew these event woes were coming and knew what the prizes would be so I don't understand why everyone acts so surprised. It would have been an easy opportunity for people to get some friends on for a couple hours, finish with some forts and get some pieces. Instead of doing that, people showed up with < 10 on in their guild or didn't come at all and just complained that insur got the forts. lol? Before the first nontrans woe we were even talking on vent about how we probably weren't going to be able to hold more than one fort as we were expecting a decent turnout from other guilds. I was actually looking forward to that woe since the few 3rd class woes prior were boring as hell.

It all comes back to the fact that people aren't even trying, not even in the nontrans/trans woes where there aren't god items and most mvp cards are disabled. I'm not really sure what else you guys expect the GMs to do to level the playing field for you. You cried that the 150s/items were unfair and they offered you woes where those factors were removed. If that wasn't incentive enough, you would even be guaranteed a piece of your choosing just for finishing with a fort. What happened? People didn't participate at all and then threw it back in the GMs faces claiming it was all just another big conspiracy setup by the GMs to help insur. For all of you out there that struggle with common sense and the obvious, these event woes were definitely not catered to insur. We'd have much more of an advantage with the god items, mvp cards and the 3rd class level gap.

Anyway, all of this makes it pretty clear that even if everyone had 150s and every guild had the same number of god items, it wouldn't change the fact that ymir is pretty much dead and not fun for anyone. That being said, I'd really like a valk merge so we can fight those guys again because I know they wouldn't just give up without trying like everyone on ymir did.

Edited by Kaden14, 22 November 2010 - 08:28 AM.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

The problem with that is that we barely have anyone in each fort and people constantly get to the emp (hence the whole splitting people up into smaller guilds = harder to defend thing). I'm sure if you actually participated you would see this and quickly come up with the obvious strategy that would make it near impossible for us to defend multiple forts (especially with the new new renewal emp) with our current numbers, classes and lack of coordination. It really wouldn't take much to push us out of an extra fort.

If any competent, experienced player from the woe scene pre-renewal saw what we were using to defend multiple forts they would laugh. The GMs announced the event a while ago. Everyone knew these event woes were coming and knew what the prizes would be so I don't understand why everyone acts so surprised. It would have been an easy opportunity for people to get some friends on for a couple hours, finish with some forts and get some pieces. Instead of doing that, people showed up with < 10 on in their guild or didn't come at all and just complained that insur got the forts. lol? Before the first nontrans woe we were even talking on vent about how we probably weren't going to be able to hold more than one fort as we were expecting a decent turnout from other guilds. I was actually looking forward to that woe since the few 3rd class woes prior were boring as hell.

It all comes back to the fact that people aren't even trying, not even in the nontrans/trans woes where there aren't god items and most mvp cards are disabled. I'm not really sure what else you guys expect the GMs to do to level the playing field for you. You cried that the 150s/items were unfair and they offered you woes where those factors were removed. If that wasn't incentive enough, you would even be guaranteed a piece of your choosing just for finishing with a fort. What happened? People didn't participate at all and then threw it back in the GMs faces claiming it was all just another big conspiracy setup by the GMs to help insur. For all of you out there that struggle with common sense and the obvious, these event woes were definitely not catered to insur. We'd have much more of an advantage with the god items, mvp cards and the 3rd class level gap.

Anyway, all of this makes it pretty clear that even if everyone had 150s and every guild had the same number of god items, it wouldn't change the fact that ymir is pretty much dead and not fun for anyone. That being said, I'd really like a valk merge so we can fight those guys again because I know they wouldn't just give up without trying like everyone on ymir did.

Don't aim that patronizing bull-_- at me ;p

I think it's bs that people don't get to play with their new classes and that guilds that can't take on insur can't get pissed and go scrubstomping to soothe their egos. The only things I ever stated an issue with was the massive gap between thirds and trans. If I was a GM I would have either increased the damage penalty on the offending skills until the server was more ready for it, or shut WoE off altogether. But I'm not a GM!

regardless the gms always had a stance against handing out items to subguilds (for wps), why should you be so greatly rewarded for doing next to nothing? (Yes I've seen some screens I've ran through on a few alts and it pisses me off, you admit yourself an experienced player would laugh and yeah I have done. Which is the point I'm making, splitting into alt guilds doesn't hurt you) 1 pick of a god item part is a HUGE reward. 4 to 5 is a ridiculous reward. Do you deserve something? Yes. A third of a god item of your choice? Hell no.

People's attitudes toward not playing in WoE also part stems from insur's attitude on the forums too. Nobody wants to compete (or satisfy you guys by letting you win) because of the retarded amount of attacks and trashtalk that even are allowed on this forum. Yeah, that's sad to say but it doesn't really help the situation.

There was a lull in WoE when trans was put in, I don't see why this is different. Just open up the realms and let it play out normally.

edit: forgot; people focusing on their thirds for mains pretty much either bypass these event woes or are distracted from levelling their thirds in order to level trans / non trans for events. Kind of counterproductive?

Edited by Xellie, 22 November 2010 - 08:43 AM.

#50 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

Don't aim that patronizing bull-_- at me ;p

I think it's bs that people don't get to play with their new classes and that guilds that can't take on insur can't get pissed and go scrubstomping to soothe their egos. The only things I ever stated an issue with was the massive gap between thirds and trans. If I was a GM I would have either increased the damage penalty on the offending skills until the server was more ready for it, or shut WoE off altogether. But I'm not a GM!

regardless the gms always had a stance against handing out items to subguilds (for wps), why should you be so greatly rewarded for doing next to nothing? 1 pick of a god item part is a HUGE reward. 4 to 5 is a ridiculous reward. Do you deserve something? Yes. A third of a god item of your choice? Hell no.

People's attitudes toward not playing in WoE also part stems from insur's attitude on the forums too. Nobody wants to compete (or satisfy you guys by letting you win) because of the retarded amount of attacks and trashtalk that even are allowed on this forum. Yeah, that's sad to say but it doesn't really help the situation.

There was a lull in WoE when trans was put in, I don't see why this is different. Just open up the realms and let it play out normally.

edit: forgot; people focusing on their thirds for mains pretty much either bypass these event woes or are distracted from levelling their thirds in order to level trans / non trans for events. Kind of counterproductive?

we
don't
want
any
god
items

we want to have fun, we have enough items already, i'd take a box of woe supplies containing bombs slims and blues over a god item piece of my choice. It wasn't even the point anyway, we were talking about how WoE lately disadvantage us, and yet we don't have anyone that will comp us.

if people want to have fun without fighting us, or test stuff out ( like we did. ), then go to pvp and organize wars, if you don't tell us we won't show up.

edit : props to clandestine society for trying, glad to see a guild that doesn't give up

Edited by pomdjyer, 22 November 2010 - 08:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users