03/25 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

03/25 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

We're still adding to the list of things are are working on but I wanted to get our agenda for this week laid out here. 

Update

Janeway quest: Cut the Skeleton Archer respawn times by half

Next week

The Sunglasses slotting NPC in Alberta will be taking Slotting Advertisement coupons and the following headgears to make a 70 percent chance attempt (at no zeny cost) to add a slot. 

• Sunglasses
  • Geek Glasses
  • Takius Blindfold
  • Elven Ears
  • Glasses

FOUNDRY PROJECT [Ongoing]

Asgard Training Village Newbie Equipment Quests

We're working on adding equipment to complement what players receive when completing the Janeway quests. We're hoping to have this go live within the next couple of weeks. 

Monster drops changes

Looking at the list of monster equipment drops that are near or under card rate that Themes linked to weeks ago. 

Guild Dungeon Monster drops, starter gear and many cute headgears are nearly impossible to obtain so I am looking at that list for entries to boost. Going by the population we have on the server, how easy a monster is to kill and how many of the monsters are in the world, we are looking to significantly boost the drop rates (or make sure that they drop at all) 

We are buffing the drop rates of the following items starting this week and will continue to make improvements as the weeks go on.  

Monster           Item        Old drop rate       New drop rare

Eremes Guile   Krishna Very Very Rare---> Very Rare
Eremes Guile   Loki's Nail Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Errende Ebecee   Spike Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Errende Ebecee Saints Robe[1] Very Very Rare---> Very Rare
Desert Wolf    Mink Coat Very Very Rare ---> Rare
Eugenia Cenia    Katzbalger Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Caramel    Coat[1] Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Bow Guardian    Orleans Glove Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Baphomet    Halberd Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Aunoe    High Fashion Sandals Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Archer Skeleton    Apple of Archer Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Armyer Dinze    Muffler[1] Very Very Rare---> Very Rare
Anolian    Brooch[1] Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Ancient Mummy    Glove[1] Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Alice    Crystal Pumps Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare

Very Very rare 0.01-0.09%

Very Rare 0.10-0.99%

Rare 1%-5% 

Uncommon 6%-10% 

Common 11%-50% 

Very Common 51%-

I'm still adding to the list but we won't be able to put them all in this week. Please let me know what items you think should be getting a drop boost ASAP and what amount you think would be ideal for new players to obtain. 

Also! We've put the Classic Foundry Projects and the things we are working on Trello (think e-post it note board) so you guys can see exactly what we're working on. Please create a free Trello account and post your username here and we'll invite you to the RO Community group. 

You can register through this link: https://trello.com/oda_cm/recommend

Bug fixes

We re-removed Dimiks from Juperos Dungeon 01. The spotlight spawn change to Juno reverted that change we had made to the monster spawns there. 

#2 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Trello account : Divineajaoao

I think? haha

#3 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

Creamy Fear Icarus Wings
Ancient Worm Bowman Scarf
---- this set +6dex -25% cost.its very good for sniper but not OP.it shouldn't be in a abnormal drop rate or never drop.

Bow Guardian Orlean Glove [1]
---- as all known this one is 0.01% under the card rate.why not change this since the ratio of diabolus ring had been increased.

Cecil Damon Falken Blitz [2]
Kathryne Keyron La'cryma Stick [2]
Seyren Windsor Dragon Killer
---- bio3 family has many useful but under the card rate weapon.change the drop rate may attract ppls to farm.

Edited by kruim21, 19 March 2015 - 05:11 PM.

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:24 PM

Cool! Nice to see things like that pop up after you think they've been forgotten about.

I think Orleans Glove is the one thing I personally care about seeing its drop rate "fixed".

As for anything else that people might use I'm not so sure, if you want to start at low levels you could probably look at low level monsters and drops like Mantle/Coat/Sandals/Hood/Hat etc that drop really low (those are mostly 0.20%) and maybe boost them a bit higher to ~1% or so? Probably best not to go overboard, but if you want to make a big list of what you want to change with their new values and post it here so people can give it a once over to make sure it's "reasonable" and not going to ruin anything.

While you're looking at guild dungeons (Magic Bible) can you consider buffing the spawn rates in there? Here's my post from last month: 

Luina (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun02/) - 60 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun02.png

Valk (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun03/) - 120 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun03.png

Baldur (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun01/) - 60 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun01.png

Brit (http://db.irowiki.or...info/gld_dun04/) - 57 total box dropping monsters

gld_dun04.png

I wanted to get the number of walkable tiles for each but Doddler isnt around right now and I'm not really too sure how else I'd get that information. Of the four dungeons only Luina/Valk right now are really worth the time/effort to spend down there hunting. Baldur is pretty close I think, but it needs a small boost to bring it up, it has a pretty large amount of open space meaning a bit of extra walking around to gather everything together before killing it. Changing Gajomart speed was big and I feel that Baldur only needs 5-7 more of each three types to make it usable. Brit is also quite large but not to the extent of Valk or Baldur but still has the lowest overall total number of monsters. I'm not entirely sure how much you need to boost this to make it worth visiting, possibly as much as 50% more monsters (so ~25 of each or 75 total).

I feel like I'm losing steam with constant posting/caring and have just been focusing on spending free time enjoying the game rather than arguing about it or posting furiously. I'm excited to see that you guys are making some changes that are focused on making things easier for new players and more interesting for the established players.

Last thing, did Campitor get a chance to read the list of monsterIDs posted by Hans in the Roadmap thread? There's a lot of options and you guys could probably get away with implementing New World properly with that!

#5 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

Careful Themes, overposting and caring too much leads to abuse and disrespect.

re: GD

They're long overdue for a buff, I could dig up my old posts but yeah, brit is terrible. Payon kinda sucks and valk is "ok".

Luina was super buffed not only in spawn but in mob movement speed too, this is something to consider.

#6 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:36 PM

please disassemble the dimiks in juperos 1, they are operating on too much cold robot rage. containment to lower levels is preferred, lest the public gain wind of a horrible robot overlord situation.

#7 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

The robot uprising cannot be stopped! :o

Trello: Quanta

#8 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

The robot uprising cannot be stopped! :o

Trello: Quanta

Are you Quanta9?

#9 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

you guys should also include non-slotted accessories (such as glove dropped by mummy, earring dropped by orc lady)

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

you guys should also include non-slotted accessories (such as glove dropped by mummy, earring dropped by orc lady)

Yes, we'll have some of these added for sure.

#11 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

anyway to give promtions or incentives on startin up a woe guild? in classic

#12 meichaofeng

meichaofeng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

Trello: meichaofeng

#13 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

It is a bit late but I have an idea for Janeway. What about having her hand out 1 account bound block of gold instead of equipment? 100,000 zeny is the perfect amount for getting a starter weapon from the shops. Then you could decide between using the rest for extra potions, ammo, armor or etc. (although I would miss being able to punch arrows at monsters)

The issue of actually getting good cards for equipment is another story.

#14 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

It is a bit late but I have an idea for Janeway. What about having her hand out 1 account bound block of gold instead of equipment? 100,000 zeny is the perfect amount for getting a starter weapon from the shops. Then you could decide between using the rest for extra potions, ammo, armor or etc. (although I would miss being able to punch arrows at monsters)

The issue of actually getting good cards for equipment is another story.

Because Janeway farming due to how insanely easy the quests are, and the possibility of item duping.

#15 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:24 AM

Whoops I meant character bound and can only be awarded once per character.

#16 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

Trello: DannyXStream

Thanks!

#17 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:25 AM

This would be nice. Especially to ones that don't just sit in a fort all woe and precast the full 2 hours.  :p_swt:

#18 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:59 AM

This one is a good idea. Some WoE oriented servers gives guild package when they bring 10-15ppl, we can do it too. 2 months rental WoE gear won't hurt the economy (nothing will change, we'll get more players and they'll buy/sell stuff in future, it's an investment actually) and they can start playing without farming 100 hours.

+1 for this idea.

#19 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:38 AM

Are you Quanta9?

Just double checked and yeah, that appears to be the case.

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

This one is a good idea. Some WoE oriented servers gives guild package when they bring 10-15ppl, we can do it too. 2 months rental WoE gear won't hurt the economy (nothing will change, we'll get more players and they'll buy/sell stuff in future, it's an investment actually) and they can start playing without farming 100 hours.

+1 for this idea.

Send me a PM with a link please. 

#21 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:42 AM

Send me a PM with a link please. 

Done, check your inbox please.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

Oda this is pathetic we have linked you to these things a million times in the past.

#23 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:10 AM

Yes, we'll have some of these added for sure.

In the latest box, you were going to add pro and royal cooking kits because, as you said, people complain about the low drop rates. (Again, I was just wondering about that, not intending for you to remove them, but I digress...)

Since your looking at increasing drop rates of essential gears, how about considering a slight increase to these as well?

EDIT-By the way, what's the status of the "Eden-style" quest chain you proposed in the last maintenance thread?

Edited by belld1711, 22 March 2015 - 09:14 AM.

#24 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

EDIT-By the way, what's the status of the "Eden-style" quest chain you proposed in the last maintenance thread?

Check the Classic Foundry Trello board! I've put up a proposed quest line for getting gear! The general premise is that you receive a "cursed" armor that makes it bound to you and also heavy. Through the quest line you pick up additional gear to get you through level 70. 

#25 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

Trello: kruim

Thanks! Any change on challenge dungeon or slotting ad this week?

Edited by kruim21, 23 March 2015 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users