03/25 Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

03/25 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

Check the Classic Foundry Trello board! I've put up a proposed quest line for getting gear! The general premise is that you receive a "cursed" armor that makes it bound to you and also heavy. Through the quest line you pick up additional gear to get you through level 70. 

I checked that link (with the "recommend" part taken off) and found only a username. It shows no "cards" or any other information. I'm assuming that's because I don't have an account.

Forgive me Oda, but I don't think I'm going to join. I check my emails on occasion, I check Facebook rarely, and these forums, but that's about it as far as social media and whatnot. I have never made a Twitter account (can you imagine me trying to conform to a character limit?!) I don't get on Youtube except to watch music videos once every six months or so, and I don't have a Tumbler or any other accounts. Hell, I don't even have Raidcall, nor use any of the "tools" like RCX.

But to be totally honest, I find it rather odd to be sharing so much info in so many locations. Personally, the site and/or forums should be the "home base" for all ideas and stuff, and the social media sites and other platforms should be places where those ideas would be shared (for people who don't visit the site/forums) and recruiting happens, IMO. I'd probably end up quitting RO if I was constantly trying to find update information in so many locations. Twitter, FB, recorded Live Streams (like the Town Hall meeting, which I still haven't been able to get around to look for), Tumbler, my email and now Trello? I'd be spending all my time looking up info instead of logging in and playing!

#27 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:26 AM

^ seriously. You guys have a website, use it. Hiding -_- on 3rd party sites isn't being open.

#28 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

Trello: nate338

Thank you.

#29 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

I checked that link (with the "recommend" part taken off) and found only a username. It shows no "cards" or any other information. I'm assuming that's because I don't have an account.

Forgive me Oda, but I don't think I'm going to join. I check my emails on occasion, I check Facebook rarely, and these forums, but that's about it as far as social media and whatnot. I have never made a Twitter account (can you imagine me trying to conform to a character limit?!) I don't get on Youtube except to watch music videos once every six months or so, and I don't have a Tumbler or any other accounts. Hell, I don't even have Raidcall, nor use any of the "tools" like RCX.

But to be totally honest, I find it rather odd to be sharing so much info in so many locations. Personally, the site and/or forums should be the "home base" for all ideas and stuff, and the social media sites and other platforms should be places where those ideas would be shared (for people who don't visit the site/forums) and recruiting happens, IMO. I'd probably end up quitting RO if I was constantly trying to find update information in so many locations. Twitter, FB, recorded Live Streams (like the Town Hall meeting, which I still haven't been able to get around to look for), Tumbler, my email and now Trello? I'd be spending all my time looking up info instead of logging in and playing!

There's websites like iroclassic and irowiki and I feel like we should be supporting those websites. Every game has databases like this nowadays.

#30 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:43 AM

^ seriously. You guys have a website, use it. Hiding -_- on 3rd party sites isn't being open.

Erm lots of companies use 3rd Party sites/services for various things, this isn't a unique phenomenon. 

Edited by Inubashiri, 24 March 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#31 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

I understand where you are coming from, it's not different from what we'll be posting in the Foundry, but it's a way to see in real-time what we're working on and how we're changing things. We use the boards as a way to stay organized and to keep track of what member of the team is working on what. 

Regarding us being spread out all over the place that's been the directive from up on high for some time now. Management wants the Community team to be pushing out into new social places where players may be. Our website and forum reach is a small slice of our community and we have to push information out to players who would never get on the forums or website. 

#32 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:07 AM

Server reset is not on Trello!  :p_cry:

Maybe for the best though, I am enjoying my free time and extra cash. But that nagging RO feeling is always in my head  :p_sick:

#33 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:56 AM

I understand where you are coming from, it's not different from what we'll be posting in the Foundry, but it's a way to see in real-time what we're working on and how we're changing things. We use the boards as a way to stay organized and to keep track of what member of the team is working on what. 

Regarding us being spread out all over the place that's been the directive from up on high for some time now. Management wants the Community team to be pushing out into new social places where players may be. Our website and forum reach is a small slice of our community and we have to push information out to players who would never get on the forums or website. 

Trello: Bell_d

I see how being able to see what's going on in "real-time" is beneficial, so I'll take the bait. I just hope it doesn't turn into something that's updated only every so often after only a couple months or so.

#34 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Server reset is not on Trello!  :p_cry:

Maybe for the best though, I am enjoying my free time and extra cash. But that nagging RO feeling is always in my head  :p_sick:

Server reset: Nope.
New server: Maybe, if they are not gonna do same mistakes again.

If they reset this one and if they can't find enough ppl for new server I won't farm this -_- again. I came back 6 months ago and worked hard for my gears and finally got my stuff, I won't do same thing over and over again. I don't wanna think about how much WP/KP I wasted for leveling, farming and camping mvps. It's just not fair.

#35 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:08 PM

Server reset: Nope.
New server: Maybe, if they are not gonna do same mistakes again.

If they reset this one and if they can't find enough ppl for new server I won't farm this -_- again. I came back 6 months ago and worked hard for my gears and finally got my stuff, I won't do same thing over and over again. I don't wanna think about how much WP/KP I wasted for leveling, farming and camping mvps. It's just not fair.

Agreed.

#36 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 03:02 PM

You havent added anything new to the OP but here's some things I'd like to see you not forget about for tomorrow:

• Juperos (and update your Spotlight templates so we dont have it happen again!).
  • Add Bronze Coins to the trader for St Patricks day quest, I'm sure a few people are like me and have some from before you fixed it.
  • To assist Janeway questers remove the 5 minute timer on the Archer Skels in Payon Dungeon 2 (or at least half of them, 45 could be way too many). Please be specific about what you've changed if you do choose to do so.

There's probably more I'm forgetting.

#37 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:16 PM

A reset of Classic has several pros and cons but since that option is not on the table right now, other areas can be looked at instead.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 25 March 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#38 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

Important

The following needs to be fixed to tradeable instead of account bound still...

Telling Doll Hat [1]

Hunting Cap [1]

I'm sure there is a few others I missed.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 24 March 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#39 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

What about troy?

#40 paoshin

paoshin

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

Trello: qwerty

#41 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Hey everyone,

Since the issue happened last night were going to do an event and try a new type of event. A .5 drops event through the VIP system for both VIP and Free accounts (if that doesn't work we will do the .5 drops event the old way)/

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

...drop event?

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

Trello: qwerty

Are you qwerty10?

#44 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:34 AM

Oda Can we please get the Crown of deceit quest pls but only for a week then move Cod to kafra box.

This is so people cant complain that everybodys got +9 and we not have to pay 65m for a worthless +0 skull cap

Edited by battle, 25 March 2015 - 06:36 AM.

#45 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

You havent added anything new to the OP but here's some things I'd like to see you not forget about for tomorrow:

• Juperos (and update your Spotlight templates so we dont have it happen again!).
  • Add Bronze Coins to the trader for St Patricks day quest, I'm sure a few people are like me and have some from before you fixed it.
  • To assist Janeway questers remove the 5 minute timer on the Archer Skels in Payon Dungeon 2 (or at least half of them, 45 could be way too many). Please be specific about what you've changed if you do choose to do so.

There's probably more I'm forgetting.

this, archer skel part in janaway is a pain, doing pitmans takes less time compared to doing archer skels :3

#46 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'm glad to see the upcoming change to Archer Skeletons. The spawn has been so slow that I've quit doing Janeway once I hit 50 and don't bother with skels or pitman.

#47 paoshin

paoshin

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Are you qwerty10?

Just checked... I am qwerty41. Weird.

#48 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:51 AM

Oda Can we please get the Crown of deceit quest pls but only for a week then move Cod to kafra box.

This is so people cant complain that everybodys got +9 and we not have to pay 65m for a worthless +0 skull cap

Don't request stupidly OP items please.

#49 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Is there any way to know the boost chance a Slot Ad gives when trying to slot something? 

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

Eremes Guile   Krishna Very Very Rare---> Very Rare WHY? WHO CARES?!
Eremes Guile   Loki's Nail Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Errende Ebecee   Spike Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Errende Ebecee Saints Robe[1] Very Very Rare---> Very Rare  DEVALUE GUILD TREASURE!
Desert Wolf    Mink Coat Very Very Rare ---> Rare
Eugenia Cenia    Katzbalger Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare WHY? WHO CARES?!
Caramel    Coat[1] Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Bow Guardian    Orleans Glove Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Baphomet    Halberd Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare WHY? WHO CARES?! WHO USES THIS? Not someone that can kill Baphomet that's for sure....
Aunoe    High Fashion Sandals Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Archer Skeleton    Apple of Archer Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Armyer Dinze    Muffler[1] Very Very Rare---> Very Rare Devalue guild treasure!!
Anolian    Brooch[1] Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare lol
Ancient Mummy    Glove[1] Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare
Alice    Crystal Pumps Very Very Rare ---> Very Rare

zzzz really only been requesting the nightmare infiltrator drop foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Meanwhile I'm here like unable to sell all the chainmails saints robes mufflers bucklers etc before having to make new accounts to store them and you wanna make this harder? oda pls

Edited by Xellie, 25 March 2015 - 10:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users