3/24 Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread-Roger Moore Appreciation thread - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

3/24 Tiki Tuesday Q&A Thread-Roger Moore Appreciation thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Ask your questions for me in this thread! The questions don't have to be ALL about RO you know!

Possibly the most English man in the history of time, Roger Moore was the bond of my childhood. I loved Moonraker and the Spy Who Loved Me and watched them endlessly growing up as they were re-run on regular tv. I loved his smarmy quips and the silliness of the movies. As I grew up I favored Sean Connery and set Roger Moore and his films aside as being "too goofy".

Now, years and years later, I am coming around to Moore's movies. View to a Kill, The Man with the Golden Gun and his other films don't take themselves too seriously and I appreciate the goofiness much more nowadays. He plays Bond as a much funnier character, and uses his natural talent of comic timing all the time in these films. Even his worst films are still entertaining to watch *cough, cough Die Another Day* with plenty of fantastic practical effects and real stunts. Basically think of his films as being closer to spy comedies. 

If you're looking for a place to start with Sir Roger, The Spy Who Loved me is probably the best of his films, sort of a "best of" compilation of earlier Bond scenarios. 

An infamous moment in Bond history, this is one of the most overtly comedic moments in Bond....there's literally a pigeon doing a double take. 

Another one of the silliest moments from the entire franchise: An awesome stunt undercut/enhanced? by a goofy as hell slide whistle

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

Hey Oda!

guess I will repost my question from the maint thread:

1) Geffen Tournament Bug (where npc to advance fails to spawn after round 1) still exists; in the five days since maintenance, I have only been able to get past the first fight 2 times. that's pretty rough; can you please look into it? I've pm'd Camp with my support ticket with replay.

We've been looking into the script, doesn't look like there is an obvious problem so we're adding in some additional checks that we hope can force the NPC to spawn properly. 

2) Exciting news around the possibility of a permanent DST bug fix! The modified instance timers will be going back to normal once this goes live right?

Yes.

3) Just wanted confirmation that the mora bounty boards are fixed and that someone using the turn all option could choose all base/all job without any issue. I don't really want to try it out and lose out on 42 mil base exp again so I'm awaiting your go ahead!

Checking this.

4) almost forgot! Victoria quest in Juno is asking for a quest that doesn't exist in game:

victoria quest in juno seems to be bugged.

i've completed crow of destiny, and stop metto's research, but have no idea what thanksgiving quest is (she warps you to the inn with the pvp npcs if you pick "warp to quest starter").

Spoiler

regardless, the thanksgiving quest shows as complete yet i'm not getting the exp reward.

anyone know which quest she's talking about here? if it's one of the actual thanksgiving event quests then it'd be impossible to complete anyway.

Thanks.

Checking on this as well. Should be fixed this week.

Edited by Oda, 24 March 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

Since we're in the business of reusing old event quests, any chance of re-implementing the Brando quest which rewards the Trusty Adventurer's Towel this summer?

Quite possible!

#4 Tenshiiii

Tenshiiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in my head
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:ps4

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

Just curious, I thought about this when I was eating.

You were also eating, right, and if, by chance, there was a ghost, and you have a choice for the ghost to be in front of you, or behind you. Which one would you prefer? The ghost to be in front of you or behind you? (srs question)

(You'd know if he's behind you too.)

This type of ghost-

Spoiler

Always in front. There is a moment in one of the recent Doctor Who episodes which is similar to this which is one of the creepiest things I've seen. 

Edited by Oda, 24 March 2015 - 12:31 PM.

#5 Deluhi

Deluhi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Oda touched me in bad places. Wat do?

Please contact an adult. 

#6 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

Since we're in the business of reusing old event quests, any chance of re-implementing the Brando quest which rewards the Trusty Adventurer's Towel this summer?

In the past, they said that it wouldn't be implemented again, but one time or limited use versions of the towel could be an option.

#7 mic9010

mic9010

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

Oda, please have your development team fix the geffen magic tournament bugs.... I have almost met all of them... Thanks so much!

We are reporting issues to kRO as well as developing work-arounds on our end. 

#8 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

Currently, there is a bug exploit going on in pRO where people can have unlimited attempts at Zeny Girl, which is a NPC that gives prizes in exchange for zeny. Most prizes are not going to be brought over during the migration, but there are some that may be of serious concern, like the cards that will come from the card albums and the refine deeds that will most likely be used to +7 tons of equipment to be brought over. What can be done about this? Here's a list of items courtesy of Jeneeus:

• POTATOES!!! FREAKIN' POTATOES!!! (49%)
  • +20 Stat Foods (30%; 5% per stat)
  • HP and SP Increase Potions (Large) (10%; 5% each)
  • Guyak Pudding (5%)
  • Yggdrasilberry (5%)
  • +5 to +7 Weapon and Armor Refine Deeds (0.9%)
  • Headgear, Weapon, Armor, Garment, Accessory, Shoes, and Shield Card Albums (0.1%)

Here's a screenshot of what's happening:

Spoiler

The exploit involves possessing 50m zenies on Valkyrie or 5m on other servers, and it'll be enough for one to have unlimited tries at Zeny Girl.

A lot of those items already fall under the category of not being able to be transferred but we will add that to the list of items we'll be looking for when we receive the pRO character's data. 

Edited by Oda, 24 March 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#9 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:02 AM

can u increase the bio4 spawn rate? seems pretty low the last week.

Yes

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

can u increase the bio4 spawn rate? seems pretty low the last week.

Bug Fixes
We have received an exe update last week that appears to have fixed the 1 hour cooldown bug in our testing. It should be ready to go into the game this week.

Make sure that the Biolabs 4 spawn rates are increased.

next question

#11 TEDDYBEE

TEDDYBEE

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1048 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

thanks necro

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 23 March 2015 - 12:50 PM

In the past, they said that it wouldn't be implemented again, but one time or limited use versions of the towel could be an option.

They said similarly of Ragnarok DS items and soundtrack items that were supposed to be exclusive. So I don't see any reason to make a simple quest item so exclusive compared to merchandise purchases that actually cost money outside of the game.

#13 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

oda, about high TI for level 150, can you make:

- for non VIP, it only give job exp rewards

- for VIP, ALL COMBINED EXP AUTOMATICALLY CHANNELLED TO JOB EXP ONLY (just like when choosing Job EXP only option)

thanks

#14 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

Can you make lope's clue account bound instead of character bound? Or even better unbind completely? Not sure why it's restricted in the first place.

#15 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

oda, you asked me last week to make a bread about woe incentives.  It's been baking for a week now. 

#16 Payason

Payason

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:06 PM

Spotlight changes to Juno this week or another week of geffen? Also can you add Prontera Costume Pack back been a while like 2 years since you put that box in instead of the normal Black Friday box on fire sale Lol!

Edited by Payason, 23 March 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#17 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:45 PM

I wanna know when you guys will fix the Geffen Tournament Bug, I already lost more than 500 coins with all the kinds of bugs in this instance.

Will we gonna be rewarded with something because of this? I think is a lot fair with us...

#18 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Are you guys submitting bug report tickets or just mentioning it on the forums only?

#19 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

Already sent a ticket and the Answer was not that exciting =/

*We are going to fix

* Thanks for your time

I knwo guys, sometimes its just difficult to work with a bug, I do work with TI to. But its nice to let the customer to know whats happening and if we are going to get a fix soon.

Edited by Setluks, 23 March 2015 - 05:33 PM.

#20 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

STILL in the migration but nothing major: :heh:

• Will the characters be relocated when the server opens? I hope it will be, especially for those characters stuck in instances. If not, will at least those stuck characters will be automatically relocated when Thor server opens?

Good question, we could send players back to their spawn points or find ways of relocating characters not on regular maps back to prontera.

• About Exuro's question, what will happen to the cards from those albums that came from live in-game GM events (via in-game trade)? That's when way before zeny girl was implemented. I hope it will NOT be affected if something happens negatively.

We'll have to put restrictions on the number of these cards that can be brought over. 

Since it's allowed to post questions outside RO and I'm not really a die-hard James Bond fan, although I like some of the movies a little: :sob:

• Did you play any single player JRPGs? If you did, what were your favorites? It's just a question suddenly popped out of my mind. :heh:

I

What can be done about this? Here's a list of items courtesy of Jeneesus:

Welcome. I hope this helps. :no1:

And by the way, it's Jeneeus (only 1 's'). Even Oda has having a hard time reading my name. :ani_swt3:

The exploit involves possessing 50m zenies and it'll be enough for one to have unlimited tries at Zeny Girl.

It's only in Valkyrie Server that requires 50m while the other servers requires only 5m, I think.

Edited by Oda, 24 March 2015 - 01:03 PM.

#21 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:34 PM

Random question: is your CM name after the great uniter, Oda Nobunaga?

PS, please make a shoutout to all Performer class characters! We need some love. :heh:

#22 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

Are you guys submitting bug report tickets or just mentioning it on the forums only?

Submitted every week...

#23 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

About the Geffen tournament coins, didn't kRO had the Fenril's Power Scroll as one of the exchange option?

I think this item is worth spending our coins. Could you add it to the exchange list?

Talking about the coins, I think this is my third time mentioning about the WoE coins exchange to Kvasir ring rate.

I hope you can take a look and re-balance this, it is impossible to obtain with current rate.

#24 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

rebellion when ?

#25 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 12:23 AM

And by the way, it's Jeneeus (only 1 's'). Even Oda has having a hard time reading my name. :ani_swt3:

LOL sorry about that. I corrected it. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users