• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

maybe because you say stupid things like "it deserves emergency maintenance"

rip good leveling method

Gasp, I'm completely ruining it! Yeah, because of all the more important voices complaining out there, the GMs are going to get rid of it just because I said so.

#77 Skank

Skank

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

nevermind, i guess thanking xellie for exposing cool <_< and then suggesting emergency maintenance is a good indicator of how well you can keep your mouth shut. let me pm you all of my secrets as i'm sure you can keep your mouth shut.

#78 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:39 AM

Might consider giving Yggdrasil an extension, considering nobody is 150 there yet at all. Even setting aside the fact that people on Yggdrasil have less esoteric gear to potentially get to +11 than the servers that have been around longer, it's still the principle of the matter that counts.

#79 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:40 AM

With no-one making 150 yet on Ygg with 'normal' gears suggests that even the GMs must now acknowledge the EXP needed from 100-150 is too much to ask using 'normal' gears (and i'm sure HEBMs too). If even those with plenty of time on thier hands, the hardcore levellers with HEBMs cannot succeed in attaining 150 i think its time for review because the Mr and Mrs Average out there who play casually (the other 7/8ths of the RO population)have no chance.

Renewal has turned RO into a chore rather than fun and putting HEBMs back in the kafra shop is very much a short sighted option as people will tire very quickly to paying out good money to level in a game now designed to bleed your wallets dry.

#80 Hakumaniac

Hakumaniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

hmm, now i cant make my 1-150. cant do it in a week, wtf GMs. just add in 2-3x exp with the spawns event for this week, then the race will end on the 24th for sure. =P

nobody can cry about that.

#81 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

nevermind, i guess thanking xellie for exposing cool <_< and then suggesting emergency maintenance is a good indicator of how well you can keep your mouth shut. let me pm you all of my secrets as i'm sure you can keep your mouth shut.

What's the point of keeping my mouth shut about something that's already out in the open? Now, if I were the first to expose that thing, then it would be a different story, but I was not. In fact, nowhere in my posts did I even remotely say how that little exploit worked. All I said was "Oh an exploit? That should be fixed," which pretty much would have happened whether I made that post or not.

#82 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:04 AM

lol

#83 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

With no-one making 150 yet on Ygg with 'normal' gears suggests that even the GMs must now acknowledge the EXP needed from 100-150 is too much to ask using 'normal' gears (and i'm sure HEBMs too). If even those with plenty of time on thier hands, the hardcore levellers with HEBMs cannot succeed in attaining 150 i think its time for review because the Mr and Mrs Average out there who play casually (the other 7/8ths of the RO population)have no chance.

The game is balanced so that with regular gears and leveling methods it takes 3-4 months to hit max level. I don't think the exp is 'too much', the fact that you have to put in effort to hit max level hardly means that there is an issue. Obviously Ymir and Valk players would level faster than Ygg players. I just think its dumb that they would end the race before there are any winners. Hall of Honor? What are they going to say "Congratulations on reaching level 122, which isn't very high but its higher than everyone else so we will honor your achievements on our site forever, but you didn't reach our deadline we didn't tell anyone about so you don't get your prize". It doesn't really work. Ygg doesn't even have bloody branches or many medals, so it's not like they can't keep the race going even with them in.

Edited by Doddler, 20 November 2010 - 10:25 AM.

#84 Skank

Skank

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:16 AM

What's the point of keeping my mouth shut about something that's already out in the open? Now, if I were the first to expose that thing, then it would be a different story, but I was not. In fact, nowhere in my posts did I even remotely say how that little exploit worked. All I said was "Oh an exploit? That should be fixed," which pretty much would have happened whether I made that post or not.

no wonder your name is prodigy

#85 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

The game is balanced so that with regular gears and leveling methods it takes 3-4 months to hit max level. I don't think the exp is 'too much', the fact that you have to put in effort to hit max level hardly means that there is an issue. Obviously Ymir and Valk players would level faster than Ygg players. I just think its dumb that they would end the race before there are any winners. Hall of Honor? What are they going to say "Congratulations on reaching level 122, which isn't very high but its higher than everyone else so we will honor your achievements on our site forever, but you didn't reach our deadline we didn't tell anyone about so you don't get your prize". It doesn't really work. Ygg doesn't even have bloody branches or many medals, so it's not like they can't keep the race going even with them in.

LOL yeah, stopping the race early really does add insult to injury to all those who tried hard to achieve 150.

On the other hand, renewal is incredibly boring, repetitive and unchallenging. It is this repetitive nature that makes the EXP levels way too high. In the past i could go to a map of my choice, level a bit, get bored and go somewhere else. I could do this for hours with no problems. Now, we have limited monsters in the 40% bonus bands which constantly hit, hit, hit while you pot, pot, pot. I can play for an hour max now before i'm bored to tears and go off to play something else. Levelling now is so mundane it is unreal, hours seem like days, weeks seem like years. Levelling used to be how fast YOU wanted to level, now it is about how fast the game ALLOWS you to level, and without HEBMs (i don't have masses of zeny and RL $s stay in my bank) that is painfully slow, too slow.
RO is slowly being evolved to be purely a money maker where enjoyment and achievement must be bought through the Kafra shop, HEBMs for example. Kafra items should be bonuses not necessities and thats why the EXP curve is way too high.

#86 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:13 PM

Legit triumphs, first 1-150 on Ymir.

Took one week. I initially made a Sura 2 weeks after renewal and got it to 126, but lvling was really annoying.
Decided I still wanted to try a few days later and made this. My only regret is not using HE manuals until 146.

Posted Image

Edited by Myzery, 20 November 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#87 Kmac

Kmac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • LocationWA
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

I agree with Doddler. Ygg, at least, should be able to continue the race since they have very few, if any medals/BB's, to where they wont really be much of an issue in the long run for the race.

What I don't like, though, is how they didn't update the race standings until almost a month later (right?). I'm not sure how it's standing on Valk with the first race (99-150), but we've had ours on Ymir over for a few weeks now.

I realize that people are complaining about not being able to use bloody branches and medals for so long, but pretty much canceling the second (first for ygg) 1-99/50-99/70-150 race by dwarfing the prize and letting everybody know a week before that, "Hey the event's ending and we're making it who ever's the highest!"

I know not many people have made new characters on Ymir/Valk, because they already had their mains maxed (or close) and just played those, but some of us have and gimping the event kind of makes it pointless now. I, personally, am almost ready to 3rd class my new character... which I realize probably isn't close to winning in the event anyways, but still.

At least make the 1-150 rewards worth it, for the people who are competing in it. If it isn't a Race To 150 event anymore, and just a "Get As High As You Can And Hope You Win!" Maybe instead of being put into the hall of honor or whatever, the top 10 new characters can get one of their items they used to level +10'd? Since the original prize was going to be a +11 gear to celebrate the fact that you can go past 10 now (or w/e), at least giving them the option to +10 one of their gears would be better than a named hat, but not too game-breaking because the refinement system is going to be reworked eventually anyways, right?

Just my opinion, but at least make it something useful or it really isn't worth it at all.

#88 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

What kind of hat are we talking about here anyways? A hat of our choice? A new hat only 10 ppl per server will have? Or like a lame ass pirate bandana?

#89 Symphony3000

Symphony3000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Yes, ending it early is a little unfair to those participating in the event, but prolonging it is unfair to the vast majority of players who could sorely use the exp boost attained from medals and maybe some Bloody Branch MVP kills.

You can't choose the minority over the majority for too long. It's already been two weeks since the predicted end of the race.

Enough is enough.

#90 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

Yes, ending it early is a little unfair to those participating in the event, but prolonging it is unfair to the vast majority of players who could sorely use the exp boost attained from medals and maybe some Bloody Branch MVP kills.

You can't choose the minority over the majority for too long. It's already been two weeks since the predicted end of the race.

Enough is enough.

wtf are you talking about? the end of the race was supposed to happen when there were 10 lvl 150 characters made after renewal, not when enough people QQ on forums about not being able to use medals.

#91 kogimon1

kogimon1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

Gonna make fun of all the noobs who qq that medals don't give enough exp. 8750. 16k per with HE manuals. Taking 30m to gain 1 level. =lol

#92 Symphony3000

Symphony3000

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

wtf are you talking about? the end of the race was supposed to happen when there were 10 lvl 150 characters made after renewal, not when enough people QQ on forums about not being able to use medals.

Tough. It was going on too long and was of no interest to 99% of the player base.

#93 Tessra

Tessra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

can there be a race for new baby's?
pweez? =^,.,^=

#94 YourMomsPots

YourMomsPots

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

I have BB's to use and I also have medals.
I would love to use both, but the GM's announced a contest that would reward 20 people per server for achieveing max level without the use of those items. I had no interest in trying to compete for 150, but it was fun watching who makes it there and how long it took and what methods they used.
I'd personally like to see them finish the contest that they announced and give out the prizes they promised.
When the winners are all announced and the contest is completed, my BB's and Medals will still be there, they aren't going to disappear.

It's just typical that they say they are going to do something and then change their minds mid stream. Consistancy would be nice for a change.

#95 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 November 2010 - 01:29 AM

Don't know why my post was deleted. All I said was why bother having a race to 150 when there's barely any content past level 100. I see it more reasonable to be like how it was back when GMs did interviews for people who got to 99. It was chill, people took their time, and everyone was happy.

#96 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

can there be a race for new baby's?
pweez? =^,.,^=

Hi kitty >.<

#97 PhenixFire

PhenixFire

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:46 PM

After reading the prizes for reaching 150, I almost feel like I should be upset...for the people who actually went hard at it. I show respect to the people who put the time in to max out to 150 in a short amount of time but come on Gravity. I'm sure I'm not the only person who notices the blatant tactics you are using to maximize profit lines while giving your customers little in return. Conveniently like the Apple campaign "there's an app for that" you've used this competition to expand the Kafra Point margins exponentially, and have no intention of making it worth it at the end. Not to mention you put all these other uninterested people on hold for the small amount of people doing it. Couldn't use Bloody Branches or Medals because that is free exp, grinding through maps requires actually paying for Kafra items to get an edge.

The Race to 150:

High Levels of EXP required after what seemingly feels like nothing from 1-99 Trans = EXP not good enough for you? Hey There's a Kafra Item for that.

High EXP loss upon death = EXP loss too high for you? Hey There's a Kafra Item for that (and it's on sale!)

I would say the triple spawn no exp loss was nice, if the maps weren't lagged out, and only for people who were higher level 3rd class. You conveniently marketed the Kafra items following the level trend of the people participating, under the guise it was for everyone.

So at the end of the day for this entire event that had little participation and even smaller rewards, all I've noticed is your profit margins increase while the players morale, and interest decrease. I think it's time for someone up there to make some decisions that give something back to the community, I've never seen such poor business practices in my entire life.

#98 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

After reading the prizes for reaching 150, I almost feel like I should be upset...for the people who actually went hard at it. I show respect to the people who put the time in to max out to 150 in a short amount of time but come on Gravity. I'm sure I'm not the only person who notices the blatant tactics you are using to maximize profit lines while giving your customers little in return. Conveniently like the Apple campaign "there's an app for that" you've used this competition to expand the Kafra Point margins exponentially, and have no intention of making it worth it at the end. Not to mention you put all these other uninterested people on hold for the small amount of people doing it. Couldn't use Bloody Branches or Medals because that is free exp, grinding through maps requires actually paying for Kafra items to get an edge.

The Race to 150:

High Levels of EXP required after what seemingly feels like nothing from 1-99 Trans = EXP not good enough for you? Hey There's a Kafra Item for that.

High EXP loss upon death = EXP loss too high for you? Hey There's a Kafra Item for that (and it's on sale!)

I would say the triple spawn no exp loss was nice, if the maps weren't lagged out, and only for people who were higher level 3rd class. You conveniently marketed the Kafra items following the level trend of the people participating, under the guise it was for everyone.

So at the end of the day for this entire event that had little participation and even smaller rewards, all I've noticed is your profit margins increase while the players morale, and interest decrease. I think it's time for someone up there to make some decisions that give something back to the community, I've never seen such poor business practices in my entire life.

People had plenty of time.
They will lose way more customers with the imbalance of the WoE situation and not letting people use what they paid real $$$$ for.
Medals are one of the main drivers for people to purchase boxes. A box event right before this was probably a mistake, on top of that they gave a time when the race would be over, but actually extended it.
It's possible to get to 150 in a matter of days, I also realize that not everyone has the drive to do this, but if you want something badly enough, you have to put in the time to obtain it.

#99 Hakumaniac

Hakumaniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:02 PM

People had plenty of time.
They will lose way more customers with the imbalance of the WoE situation and not letting people use what they paid real $$$$ for.
Medals are one of the main drivers for people to purchase boxes. A box event right before this was probably a mistake, on top of that they gave a time when the race would be over, but actually extended it.
It's possible to get to 150 in a matter of days, I also realize that not everyone has the drive to do this, but if you want something badly enough, you have to put in the time to obtain it.

I need more time! at least give valk another week.

#100 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

I need more time! at least give valk another week.

You're insane though and Asian, you could do it in 2 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users