Calling Oda out - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Calling Oda out

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

Moreover, some of us have actual lives. You know, work and families to take care of. Not just to dedicate 500 hours for one thing to this game

>  No it wasn't I 99/70'ed my Champ not even in a week.

you can't have both bro

#27 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

Right - so you come home from work, log in the gen in OD2, feed to 75+, set 1 hr alarm on phone, and go about your evening. And hour later, you feed it again, reset alarm, go back to what you're doing. 

#28 jardis85

jardis85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:49 PM

And then some idiot comes and plays around with dead branches or even bloody branches 2 minutes after leaving the computer. Happened really often last couple days.

#29 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:17 PM

bounty boards for homuns would fix everything.

That's what I do azzy, to come back with disappointment that it gained like 2% exp.

#30 jardis85

jardis85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

I'd like to see an increase of exp for active homunculus leveling like

- homunculus gets A LOT more exp if the monster was exp tapped by its owner
- an items that lets your homunculus leech of the owners exp (you use a special potion and for the next hour while your homunculus is out, it gets the exp for owner killing monsters)
- bounty boards like said above
- special homunculus training maps that include monsters that can be killed by homunculus and give reasonable exp (reasonable means my homunculus can level almost as fast as characters can, no months of afking needed)

Would also help with people constantly complaining about afkchemist "botting" (and with botting they actually only mean afking), "ruining" "their" maps, "leveling without effort" (lol, yea, because I get sooooo much exp leeching from my homunculus!), etc.

Edited by jardis85, 30 March 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#31 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

bounty boards for homuns would fix everything.

That's what I do azzy, to come back with disappointment that it gained like 2% exp.

Either you lower your expectations or get a better leveling spot, for better exp.

#32 KardinLouis

KardinLouis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • LocationWhen There's A HAMMER, There's ME !!!!
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

Right - so you come home from work, log in the gen in OD2, feed to 75+, set 1 hr alarm on phone, and go about your evening. And hour later, you feed it again, reset alarm, go back to what you're doing. 

Maybe i should also start doing it  :p_laugh:

am 160 now and dont even have a homunc   :sob:

@Back to the thread - Yes my dear player, unless and until you are do a lil bit of planned work, you aint gonna be spending 500+ hours sitting with your computer jus staring at your homunc  :p_hi:

#33 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

No one is going to stare at their homun for that time. It burns time that you can be using for your other characters on the account.

Bounty boards for homuns will solve everything. Why are we still using a method that's ancient? 

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

A homunculus quest system will come after the Bounty Boards are finalized.

But if you already have your own ideas for that, feel free to propose them to the CMs. I'm still going to propose my quest system, but alternative ones would be welcomed as well.

Scratch all that. Recent livestream says quests can't be done for homunculi period.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 31 March 2015 - 07:19 PM.

#35 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

No one is going to stare at their homun for that time. It burns time that you can be using for your other characters on the account.

Bounty boards for homuns will solve everything. Why are we still using a method that's ancient? 

Why is it that you can't articulate your feelings without them coming out as insults? Address that and people will be more responsive to your proposals.

I mean hell, this is a good idea and others have asked for it previously, but the way you phrased it has gotten nothing but negativity out of those same people ;p

#36 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

It would probably have to be a kill count specifically to an alchemist class because homunculus don't get kill counts.  As been said its probably easier just to adjust the exp requirements per level.

#37 tatihana00

tatihana00

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 734 posts
  • LocationSan Fernando Valley ( LIKE OMGOD!)

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:01 PM

i want a bounty board, with captcha, and double exp (but only if i include my SS# and pay 2mil zeny) PER RUN. Then i would like you to give me a loyalty event, and a jumping janeway for my homunc.  

yes i know, i'm not being ridiculous. Of course, calling out one person, such as oda.... is exactly what an adult would do. it's like saying OMG, why doesn't my boss pay me double for doing the same work, because i shouldn't be forced to work hard for my goals. 

seriously people..... everyone is entitled to their opinions, and so is the OP.

if we can't be supportive and say something nice, best not say anything. /gg

#38 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:50 AM

It probably is the best way then...

#39 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

It would probably have to be a kill count specifically to an alchemist class because homunculus don't get kill counts.  As been said its probably easier just to adjust the exp requirements per level.

Wouldn't we have to kiss kRO's foot for this as well?

#40 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

No, I don't think so.

Edited by Inubashiri, 02 April 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#41 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Oda just said they done it for classic.

#42 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

classic is basically a private server. The GM can do whatever they want in classic.

and what is the big deal with leveling the homuns. i level 11 homunculus with just od and od2. Play with your character during day time and just stick them down there and go to bed at night.

Edited by Ryviux, 16 April 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#43 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 May 2015 - 05:07 AM

By comparison, a level 105 3rd class player character requires 9,610,000 exp to level up.

9,610,000 / 4,921,000 = ~1.95

Leveling a homunc from level 105 to 106 is twice as easy as leveling a 3rd class from level 105 to 106. I don't see any problem here.

Please tell me what homunculus has an efficient AoE to mob with at 105 ( here is a hint, none of them do...) while every third class has SOME kind of decent AoE to mob with. 

That completely ignores the fact that homunculi can't survive monsters anywhere near their level range[1] and are stuck in low level places (30+ levels lower, usually )  with extremely limited amounts (since everyone has to level in the same spots ) of very poor EXP monsters being fought over. 

[1] I would LOVE to have my homunculus be my PARTNER, but even having one at the same levels as you post player level 60-70 just isn't feasible. Either it will burn through a stupid amount of pots or just constantly die. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users