04/01 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

04/01 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:01 PM

Still working on a number of projects that are still up in the air for tomorrow's maintenance.

Events

Easter quest is in! Go to Prontera 202, 295 to get started!

Updates

Newbie Cursed Armor Quest Part 1 is live! 1st class characters can start the quest by speaking to the NPC just to the left of Janeway. 

If you're on Trello, we have the Classic Foundry Projects page updated with a rough outline of the 1st part of the quest, including where the NPCs will be. 

The Sunglasses slotting NPC in Alberta (108 30) will be taking the following headgears and will make a ~70% chance of slotting the item. It will not destroy the item if the attempt fails. 

• Sunglasses
  • Mini Glasses
  • Takius Blindfold-was available through previous lucky boxes
  • Elven Ears
  • Glasses

Monster item drop changes

Monster           Item        Old drop rate       New drop rare

Nightmare Infiltrator Very Very Rare --->Very Very Rare (Under .09% chance to drop)

Nightmare Terror Infiltrator Very Very Rare -->Very Very Rare (Under .09% chance to drop)

Bow Guardian Orleans Glove[1] Very Rare -->Very Very Rare (Under .09% chance to drop)

Events

St. Patrick's Quest ends April 9th

Green ales return to normal strength April 29th

Bugs

We have a new place on trello for the community and production team to track bugs found on Classic and Renewal. 

Janeway gives a elemental endow when she warps parties to the Pitman map. The endow has been changed from earth to fire. 

Endless tower time limit was erroneously ending an hour earlier than it should. This has been fixed. 

Telling Doll should have been changed to be freely trade-able. 

#2 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Wrong date!

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:07 PM

Nooooo don't tell him! Wait for him to discover it by himself :>

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:37 PM

Thanks.

So can you please look into the following:

• Bronze coins from your pre-fix to the St Patricks day quest are still floating around and you cant do anything with them.
  • Endless tower timeout bug, it's ending an hour early for people, guess a daylight saving problem?
  • Janeway Pitmen, Janeway is still handing out an earth endow to players, this is....not a good thing. Please remove it or swap the element to fire, it's actually punishing players pretty hard. The fact that there's no buff icon for it makes it even more confusing as there's no visible problem.
  • Orleans Glove, you should probably consider pulling the drop rate back a little (here's what it's supposed to be http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2701/) although I dont know how bad that would punish the people who havent gone to farm them yet. But it's definitely not an item that should be as common as the drop rate change has made them.

Those are somewhat more urgent, I know you guys are trying to juggle a ton of Classic related projects as well as Renewal/pRO stuff. But do you have any plans to do anything with the Challenge Dungeon you implemented a while ago? It's a half finished idea that I dont feel would take too much time for you to turn into something people could use.

I guess I should make myself a trello account later.

#5 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

How goes the npc coming in this week for slot ads?

Also Telling Doll Hat is still account bound.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 31 March 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#6 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

Don't forget to buff drop rates this week. Daddy needs himself some Infiltrators.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

Seriously, please infilt buff, you gave other classes their buff to drops

#8 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

What's the news on the mid headgear slotting? That will be this week right? Where will the NPC be?

#9 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

Orleans Glove, you should probably consider pulling the drop rate back a little (here's what it's supposed to be http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2701/) although I dont know how bad that would punish the people who havent gone to farm them yet. But it's definitely not an item that should be as common as the drop rate change has.

no need to decrease the orleans drop rate. the following ways can be considered.

1. 2x the spawn rate of the salamander and sword guardian

2. ban stellar heat in thor_v03

3.add agi up,power up in the AI of bow guardian(lol)

just make the map more difficult to solo and encourage ppls to make a party to farm.simply decrease the drop rate is not fair.

Edited by kruim21, 31 March 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#10 CloudyYun

CloudyYun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

any update on the Troy Slotting Coupons?

#11 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

What's the news on the mid headgear slotting? That will be this week right? Where will the NPC be?

Alberta 108,30

#12 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

Alberta 108,30

Ah, I found it. Thanks!

Though I expect that these, like the takius, will not be account bound...  :p_err:

#13 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

no need to decrease the orleans drop rate. the following ways can be considered.

1. 2x the spawn rate of the salamander and sword guardian

2. ban stellar heat in thor_v03

3.add agi up,power up in the AI of bow guardian(lol)

just make the map more difficult to solo and encourage ppls to make a party to farm.simply decrease the drop rate is not fair.

The map isn't really that soloable. I don't want the drop rate restored to what it was initially. I want it reduced to default rates.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

orlean rate is really stupid high, this is a powerful piece of equipment... it's better than some god items.

better let everyone have one easy then

#15 Meiji

Meiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

Thanks.

So can you please look into the following:

• Bronze coins from your pre-fix to the St Patricks day quest are still floating around and you cant do anything with them.
  • Endless tower timeout bug, it's ending an hour early for people, guess a daylight saving problem?
  • Janeway Pitmen, Janeway is still handing out an earth endow to players, this is....not a good thing. Please remove it or swap the element to fire, it's actually punishing players pretty hard. The fact that there's no buff icon for it makes it even more confusing as there's no visible problem.
  • Orleans Glove, you should probably consider pulling the drop rate back a little (here's what it's supposed to be http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2701/) although I dont know how bad that would punish the people who havent gone to farm them yet. But it's definitely not an item that should be as common as the drop rate change has made them.

Those are somewhat more urgent, I know you guys are trying to juggle a ton of Classic related projects as well as Renewal/pRO stuff. But do you have any plans to do anything with the Challenge Dungeon you implemented a while ago? It's a half finished idea that I dont feel would take too much time for you to turn into something people could use.

I guess I should make myself a trello account later.

Is THAT what was happening? I kept trying to figure out why my fire arrows + burning bow kept doing so little damage sometimes. I kept dying to their fury, hah. 

#16 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

u got enough orleans gloves for sell this week and complain the drop rate is too high.how about remove all gloves obtained this week before change the drop rate?0.1% is reasonable.i think it is better to change back 0.01% keep it rare and make the gloves in stupid high price and let u make good profit.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

u got enough orleans gloves for sell this week and complain the drop rate is too high.how about remove all gloves obtained this week before change the drop rate?0.1% is reasonable.i think it is better to change back 0.01% keep it rare and make the gloves in stupid high price and let u make good profit.

I haven't had a chance to hunt yet

how else would people find out the rate is too high without hunting?

btw I got 4 wheels of unknown so far this week... check rates please O_o

#18 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

Is THAT what was happening? I kept trying to figure out why my fire arrows + burning bow kept doing so little damage sometimes. I kept dying to their fury, hah. 

Credit goes to someone who posted about it in one of the threads around here. I had it cancel an endow I'd given an alt a couple of weeks ago but wasnt able to put it together myself. It's a pretty big problem IMO and should be a priority.

If you look through the thread there were people posting about it right away as soon as the notes were put up. The drop rate was very ambitious for such a good item. You're right that removing the drop rate after certain people have farmed themselves sets (plural, that's how high the rate is right now) is punishing, however it's probably important that these remain rare. Nobody is proposing the drop rate get changed to what it was previously because they were too rare, however changing them to what they're supposed to be is fine. I havent had a chance to go down and farm any yet but even I can agree that it's necessary. I dont agree with making changes to Thors 3 while maintaining the drop rate, it's a fun map to level on even if not many people are interested in going down there. 

Edit: Please unbind the Telling Doll hat from the last box, you said you were going to and havent (despite Undying posting about it every chance he gets!).

Trello: Themes12

Edited by Themes, 31 March 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#19 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

I agree with the Orlean's Glove drop rate being too high atm... The only problem before was that cards dropped way more often than gloves.

As for non tradable Kafra items, I notice I couldn't trade my Evolved Pipe as well.

Here are some items that almost never appear on the market which could use a moderate drop rate buff:

2391.png Life Link from Hell Apocalypse

2390.png Improved Tights from Zakudam

13038.pngDagger of Hunter from Heavy Metaling

13414.pngElemental Sword from Cobalt Mineral (players might want to keep this one low)

2545.png Musika from Aunoe

2388.pngKandura from Fanat

2135.pngShadow Guard from Banshee Master

2749.pngLinen Glove from Beholder Master

Infiltrator

Also can we make Nidhoggur and Valfreyja guild dungeon monsters drop Guild Surplus Boxes as well? Since they are stronger it'd need to be at a rate slightly higher(not Bio Lab drop rate!)  than the mobs from the other Guild Dungeons.

I'm gonna put here a reminder of the items we're still missing from the New World.

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:47 AM

13038.pngDagger of Hunter from Heavy Metaling

YES PLEASE.

#21 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

Quoting to make it more noticeable. 

#22 stockings

stockings

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:11 AM

i honestly feel like classic is doing much better than ever before. thanks, gms, some of us really appreciate that at this point.

better late than never..

#23 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:46 AM

The map isn't really that soloable. I don't want the drop rate restored to what it was initially. I want it reduced to default rates.

umm there are TKMs soloing down there. not going to argue its practical or easy, but then again if i had the chance to solo down there that leaves me a better chance of getting a glove than going down with several other people...

i begrudgingly agree that the rate should be decreased a bit, but i still think it is incredibly unfair for those who were not able to go down there for very long this week. i went once for like an hour in a guild party and it was the most fun i've had on this server for a while. and we didn't even get a glove. i had never been down there and it was cool to see it, cuz before the update people didn't seem to want to ever go down there.

any updates on improving the GDs? obligatory reminder that geffen and payon GDs are useless for hunting GSBs and the WoE 2 GD monsters are hella strong and do not drop cards or GSBs. plz address??

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:54 AM

The Sunglasses slotting NPC in Alberta (108 30) will be taking the following headgears and will make a ~70% chance of slotting the item. It will not destroy the item if the attempt fails.

• Sunglasses
  • Geek Glasses
  • Takius Blindfold-was available through previous lucky boxes
  • Elven Ears
  • Glasses

Now, I hope you realize that unslotted Takius gives +2 int and is actually quite valuable and extremely rare in it's own right. It's often used as a substitute for putting a cheap card in an expensive gear. What I'm saying is that nobody will want to slot a takius.
A dark blinder (mvp / opb drop, no real useful stat) would be a great substitute.

Monster item drop changes

Monster           Item        Old drop rate       New drop rare
Nightmare Infiltrator Very Very Rare --->Very Very Rare (Under .09% chance to drop)
Nightmare Terror Infiltrator Very Very Rare -->Very Very Rare (Under .09% chance to drop)
Bow Guardian Orleans Glove[1] Very Rare -->Very Very Rare (Under .09% chance to drop)

Ok so infiltrators are just that powerful?  Am I missing something here? We're talking about an item that needs to be slotted and fails at a stupidly high rate for it to be even considered for upgrades.

Events

Endless tower time limit was erroneously ending an hour earlier than it should. This has been fixed.

I want compensation for the run that we "failed" because we couldn't get back in. We had an hour left after defeating Entwein and there is no way we would have failed it. Made the whole run pointless without the final boss drop. Please do something.

edit: something you might want to look into is that the WoE castle treasure drops god item components at a higher rate than the rare equipment drops. For example I get 4x god item drops / week and 1x rare equipment drop if I am lucky.

That's pretty crazy.

Edited by Xellie, 01 April 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#25 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

Servers are open!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users