[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 24 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#576 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

I said I could careless, I can just see other people having sting feelings over that issue.

Too bad they can't make an official wow edition (name it whatever) client that includes noshake and small effects.

#577 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

doesn't "care less" imply you have some cares to give?

#578 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

caring.png

gdi necrohealiac

Edited by Xellie, 28 April 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#579 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:07 AM

hue

#580 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

Anyway it's not about their feelings, I applied common sense to my argument and left my feelings out of it.

#581 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:12 AM

You guys get hung up on the smallest things!

It doesn't effect me at all. I just wouldn't want to shut the door on that debate if there are people that do wish to have that debate (which I believe there are). I do not care/want to have that debate, because again it has it has no effect on my gaming experience. Thus, I could careless about emblem stuff. I do care about other people's opinions on these matters since it could/should effect the entire server.

The other points are all kind of concrete and I doubt I could see them as debatable. Possibly "not being vanilla" as the only line for debate for not making a noshake client, but even that is bs. Nothing is vanilla about this server and it is a health hazard by having the screen shake.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 28 April 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#582 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:17 AM

Not gonna lie: having played on a server where it was used against us for years and deemed "ok" by the GMs, I'm pretty salty about them making it a rule then changing the rules to include "swapping" just because people complained about my play because they needed something to blame other than their lousy strategy, yet my concerns about a similar mechanic get no goddamn response or consideration.

I can prove that emblems had nothing to do with it, but that is poor taste.

edit: at this stage it will come down to "the other side" vs "Valhalla" and Valhalla have felt unjustly treated by this whole affair. The "other side" use this freely so unless they can accept that it is indeed a very game changing move to do, this will simply be an aggressive debate based on emotion.

that is; we can't out argue multiple other guilds when they are all allied against us :p_swt:

Edited by Xellie, 28 April 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#583 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

why would anyone decide to put money into a server that's due to reset every 1-2 years? might as well just play on sakray.

they do it all the time in pservers and those tend to close monthly i dont see a problem with it

emblemless in woe is pretty dumb tho almost any server would ban you for doing it or has a system in place so none guilded people cant enter the castle and most english emulators you cant even kick a guild member inside the castle to start with

#584 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:30 AM

they do it all the time in pservers and those tend to close monthly i dont see a problem with it

so you're basically using people who have more money than sense as a justification for why you would expect the trend to continue here?

#585 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

ymir happened no?

#586 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:39 AM

so you're basically using people who have more money than sense as a justification for why you would expect the trend to continue here?

*points at renewal kafra shop*

#587 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:02 PM

You must be new here.

#588 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

If you wanna know how I feel about mp hack being distributed so freely, just imagine that there was an "instant gtb" hack rendering your skill tree mostly worthless.

Except there is no way to gtb "hack" other than perhaps cheating to create cards.

MP hack exists because the server still tells the client everything about a hidden character, and just counts on the client to be honest with the information and not display the sprite.  Yes, because client side security is so effective.  The fix is simple, if the character is hidden, then put false for the x and y coordinates when you send the character exists packet to the client, unless the character has maya purple card.  I point this out because this complaint of yours directly relates to my valid point, that the root of all your problems with RO exist in the code and the only fix for them is a fix to the code.

Thread after thread I see about this custom content or that WoE update.  Where are your demands for a bug fix?

Also, with regards to a comment suggesting I pick a different game to play if I dislike RO mechanics so much:

I love RO mechanics, I have a fondness for the top-down format, the leveling system, and many other things.  For a very long time I have disliked some very specific problems, but I took the good over the bad and continued anyway.  Following renewal however, my patience has run out.  Regardless of whether or not the changes in renewal are good or bad, the devs opened up the hood and were in there, working on the code.  They left gutter lines unfixed.  They left MP hack unfixed.  They "fixed" ndl by simply outdating most 2nd class skills with better 3rd class skills that have independent cooldowns.  But the actual problem of nodelay went unfixed.  These are just glaring bugs by any standard, not including several personal vendettas I have.  They were all right there at the fingertips of the developers to repair, and nothing was done.  It is insulting and infuriating, and I don't believe anyone should stand for it.

Yet you are standing for it, content to play tit for tat over whether WoE castles should be reset or not.

#589 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

you're* and their*

Anyway, I feel that certain players are fake and certainly toxic and they play Drake on their youtube videos... it's quite ironic Alex, oh i mean Undying, sorry about that.

I have big boy pants as I'm a size 34x34 usually, sometimes i like to buy 34x36, as it's a long fit for my legs and looks nicer on my figure. 

I believe you have most definitely played with them or allied with them before, the difference between certain guilds (that I have noticied) is when we find a cheater, we DEAL WITH IT. Doesn't look that way on the other side as I can pull up more videos or multiple people in that guild.

Legit comp includes eske'ing Valkyrie Randgris and griefing players while MVP'ing? Oh okay. Just making sure.

Alex you are apart of it as well and matter of fact, you fronted the arguments for months! Now you are claiming victim when someone is tired of your bull-_-? Put those big boy pants on..

For the record, I don't dislike all of Valk, matter of fact, Lance is cool as  -_- and pretty much all of VH likes Hans and a few others are agreeable with.  :P

I swear, I'm done this time, fr rlz.

ffs stop hating on Drake.

Oh wait wrong game. Carry on.

Except there is no way to gtb "hack" other than perhaps cheating to create cards.

MP hack exists because the server still tells the client everything about a hidden character, and just counts on the client to be honest with the information and not display the sprite.  Yes, because client side security is so effective.  The fix is simple, if the character is hidden, then put false for the x and y coordinates when you send the character exists packet to the client, unless the character has maya purple card.  I point this out because this complaint of yours directly relates to my valid point, that the root of all your problems with RO exist in the code and the only fix for them is a fix to the code.

Thread after thread I see about this custom content or that WoE update.  Where are your demands for a bug fix?

Also, with regards to a comment suggesting I pick a different game to play if I dislike RO mechanics so much:

I love RO mechanics, I have a fondness for the top-down format, the leveling system, and many other things.  For a very long time I have disliked some very specific problems, but I took the good over the bad and continued anyway.  Following renewal however, my patience has run out.  Regardless of whether or not the changes in renewal are good or bad, the devs opened up the hood and were in there, working on the code.  They left gutter lines unfixed.  They left MP hack unfixed.  They "fixed" ndl by simply outdating most 2nd class skills with better 3rd class skills that have independent cooldowns.  But the actual problem of nodelay went unfixed.  These are just glaring bugs by any standard, not including several personal vendettas I have.  They were all right there at the fingertips of the developers to repair, and nothing was done.  It is insulting and infuriating, and I don't believe anyone should stand for it.

Yet you are standing for it, content to play tit for tat over whether WoE castles should be reset or not.

jl6z8hf.png

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 28 April 2015 - 12:33 PM.

#590 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

@mischelle

http://dictionary.re...wse/imagine?s=t

If you have issues please feel free to express them yourself rather than telling me to. Thanks.

Edited by Xellie, 28 April 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#591 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:51 PM

*points at renewal kafra shop*

let me know when renewal gets wiped.

#592 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

ChineseRO and ArabicRO were 2 wipes and restarts that come to mind might be a few others

#593 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:55 PM

NDL - allows the WORST player to inhumanly cast skills FASTER than a dancer.... not a good player.

AP - allows a player to have, once again, inhuman potting speed.

*Fixed* You're welcome guy.

Anyway, I have a ROReplay of an afk valk sniper repeatedly potting 3 times in a row after every Gloria domini i hit her with. I GD, almost instantaneously she pots three times in rapid succession at exactly the same intervals everytime. It's blatantly obvious. I think i might post it somewhere public later among the other ap'ers i have recorded in your guild. Your guild is a joke. Some of your members are jokes. I'll admit you're pretty good at times but that ONE sniper can invalidate your entire guild as a decent non-cheating guild. This server is -_-ing bull-_- and I'm fed up with people bickering about dumb -_-. I don't even give a flying -_- about the forums anymore, i just play to have fun, but people have to argue. No point arguing with people who don't listen.

Also SNL and Valk teamed up against a SMALLER guild and you expect to call that skill? I saw the tactics and they were valid. You choked our guild on both sides. That's not skill, that's called numbers, maybe you should learn about the definition of advantage instead of synergy.

I'm done.

Fine, the quote should refer to being better than a good player. It still points a bad player in that direction. That was the main point, it wasn't exact.

I don't doubt there are specific people out there with bad reputations and do cheat. I just don't like it when blind accusations are thrown out at everyone. Cheats are just hard to prove. For the players that you've revealed for yourself, good job. These are what I actually care to hear about.

I am not a valk member, don't call it my guild.

I thought SNL had less numbers, but after looking at the video again, it looked about even. SNL definitely had less items though, so they were still at a disadvantage. I didn't say SNL had synergy, they were just better players. Synergy was just an idea when talking about a guild's true potential.

#594 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:56 PM

I didn't say SNL had synergy, they were just better players.

Well you know what Rory says about good players.

#595 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

You guys are slacking! this topic was on the 2nd page!

#596 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 April 2015 - 05:21 AM

gotta sleep sometimes

#597 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:22 AM

No one was playing classic yesterday. Time for a reset.

#598 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:16 PM

No one is going to play with a reset.

#599 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

I will. So your entire point is wrong. Perhaps try to speak for yourself.

#600 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

i will, just give god item owners 100 WPE each as compensation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users