[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 25 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#601 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:35 PM

there are plenty of people that would play again.  As long as the same mistakes weren't made again that is.  Doesn't even have to be a reset either, a new server would be just the same.  Name it Iris or something to be in theme with the old servers.

#602 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:39 PM

why? what would be different this time?

#603 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

I would do the following (combination of a lot of suggestions).... 90% of this isn't possible on iRO, but this would be ideal

-Have a predetermined release status. Make it release an episode a month or every 6 weeks or w/e. Make this -_- consistent.

-No account bound BS

-Keep GSB

-Double to triple the amount of econ lost per break

-NPCs that does potting for you (seriously, 0 fun)

-BG, but no KVM

-No s. mids, period

-Kafra shop be looks only (add in costumes on Classic, 0 stat effects) and battle manuals ect

-Renewal interface

-Better hardware/ISP. The lag sucks donkey balls

-No merc scrolls, ever

-Addelay

-Have an actual discussion and either legalize ap or check/ban for it.

-Guild cap @ 30

-Emblems required to WoE (even MBK)

-Limit of 1 ally

-Keep ACA as only way for major miniboss cards

-MVP drops (including card) not effected by gum or drop event. Everything but card can be effected by VIP.

-God items redone (SEE FOLLOWING)

-ALL treasure from castles is not effected by gum, drop event, vip

-WoE 1 god item parts required: DOUBLED

-WoE 2 god item parts required: 5 of each 

-Original god item quest, but with 50 required

That would be an ideal server. Gods would actually take time and effort to make and it wouldn't get flooded for years and years. 

inb4 "not possible hur dur". But that is ideal server.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 01 May 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#604 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

i'll be the GM

#605 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:11 PM

i'll be the GM

Would you play on a server that I just described? 

#606 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

yea, i agree with most of it

having a realistic guild cap is important

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 01 May 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#607 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

Good point! No @roster bs though.

#608 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:52 PM

they can just make it so every member past the max # that enters the castle gets auto boot like we used to do it in the old days

10000x better than woeroster 

Edited by needmorezleep, 01 May 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#609 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

I will. So your entire point is wrong. Perhaps try to speak for yourself.

You'll be alone and then eventually, you'll quit. So eventually, no one is going to play. The community LITERALLY just did an informal poll on this!

Edit: Added poll about quitting because reasons.

Edited by etansit, 01 May 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#610 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

I think after over half a year of allowing the server's veterans to farm up infinite OP gears (which they will NOT be allowed to change without mass quit threats) and a thread asking about q2 not receiving any attention as of yet (almost half way through Q2); and with the moderators deleting/shutting down any discussion, as unpleasant as it may need to be in order to to reach a common ground, and with the other "side" believing that the opposition simply wants everyone driven off the server/refusing to discuss a middle ground, I think it's safe to say.

nothing will change and nobody cares.

So here's the thing, we held back and tried not to run over "little" guilds, and when there was nobody to fight and they had allies, we attacked them, but didn't take their econ to zero. We allowed them to farm a bit so they could "catch up", but it seems they have all the stuff they need anyway. For some reason other guilds have problems with member retention (don't blame me!) and yet I found myself having to refuse applications. Why?

I am tired of the guilt trips from the other side. All of you. If we attack you in WoE, get over it. It's because there is nobody else. If we raze the econ, it's because there's too many goddamn OCAs on this server and filling it with mini cards only deters potential future players. Do you think I care if the "enemy" guilds have them? Let me be straight, them having mini cards assists us.

Regardless of server downtime, of thor / pRO merging, etc, the state of classic was allowed to continue for far too long and some of the decisions have been epically one sided. Attempts to create discussion about things that we felt weren't right never garnered the same attention that things the other side might raise.

It's almost like the staff here wanted the community to paint us as the bad guys, allowing everyone to inaccurately freak out about overestimated numbers of god items, pandering to their concerns. Is it because they threw down the quit card more often? At what stage is it ok to allow the things that were said about my guild and to drive all our members on the forums off the forums or into anonymity?

You can't shut down a discussion to save the server because someone felt like it would harm them. Take the MVP re-balancing thread or the econ wiping. Tell me if allowing those 6 people to cry about their mvp card or their "hard earned" (read: mostly empty) econ was worth flooding the server? Was it worth allowing me to create 20 asprikas (GOD ITEMS) for my guild and to GIVE them to them for free? Is this what we all wanted?

At what point is it right to back down from that discussion and essentially say "well they think we're doing this to hurt them, can we nerf your -_- instead?"

Or at what point is it right to be ignorant enough to blame all the items (when nobody can be bothered to put together a list?)

Items are NOT the reason Valhalla has been huge from the start of the server and it's not the reason our guild is so big now. Most the guild don't touch the stuff until they have helped create a new item (that is called earning access). Perhaps the reason the "other side" is so small is the fault of the leadership, not the fault of us, the people who are promoting teamwork in our community and just having fun playing together.

Stop blaming us for the state of the server and start having fun. It's not my fault if you can't recruit, or abuse your guildies for personal gain, or don't achieve anything, or promote play that doesn't include new players.

I'll be around if anyone wants a guild invite, but I'm done with trying to save the world. No one player or their guild should have to feel like they have to be considerate of the people they are fighting so they don't quit the game. I should only have to consider that for my own members

The Valhalla forums have a public section for making parties/marketing now. Please feel free to stop by.

- Xellie

Edited by Xellie, 02 May 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#611 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:09 AM

tl;dr

pMy7YKf.jpg

- Xellie

Agreed.

#612 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:14 AM

"others overestimation of our God items". You said in another post VH has 10 megs that could be used, but some are personal. Followed by comments of 20 asprikas ect. I feel like it is wrong for me to say 10 megs *could* be used in vh (not owned" and I get yelled at for saying that, but then you say it anyways.

rest I agree with for the most part.

#613 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

"others overestimation of our God items". You said in another post VH has 10 megs that could be used, but some are personal. Followed by comments of 20 asprikas ect. I feel like it is wrong for me to say 10 megs *could* be used in vh (not owned" and I get yelled at for saying that, but then you say it anyways.

rest I agree with for the most part.

We made 2 about 2 weeks ago, figure it out.  It's called moving forward and actually making stuff.

Prior to that we had 5 megs in guild, no access to wc's 3, no access to kevin's 1 and no access to *that persons* 1. That's where your 10 came from. Then we made 2 more, gained access to 1 more, and the personal owner still doesn't share, but we could.

Bringing us to 8 regular or 10 on special occasions. And that is only as of the last 2 weeks. you've been saying this for months.

UFfYp4O.png

#614 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

True, but the flip side is all of those ones that you "don't have access to" in the past have all been within a singular guild multiple times before. As an opponet it would only be smart to estimate the enemy at a worst case scenario. Would make sense to guess that at any point in time you could have had 9-10 megs in a single guild because it has happend many times before. My posts of the past were not shots at you, simply stating that you could/have done it before in a single guild.

It's good info to have now. So I am going to start a guild on classic that has guilds with 10 megs and scores of other gods... Who will pick on us simply because there is nobody else/nothing better todo. That isn't your fault an I'm not blaming you (server settings fault)... But why would anybody join the server and try to start up a guild here? Lose woes for years and never catch up or get remotely close. All of these "catch up" things do is allow people to just begin well those who are ahead, myself included, get to further get ahead at an exponential rate.

Basically, there will never be long term comp ever again on classic. The closest thing to competition that could ever exist would be gvg. But the long term and in depth compition is over and none will ever catch up.

#615 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

Sounds like some people in this thread need to go back to ggRO.

Oh wait.

#616 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:02 AM

True, but the flip side is all of those ones that you "don't have access to" in the past have all been within a singular guild multiple times before. As an opponet it would only be smart to estimate the enemy at a worst case scenario. Would make sense to guess that at any point in time you could have had 9-10 megs in a single guild because it has happend many times before. My posts of the past were not shots at you, simply stating that you could/have done it before in a single guild.

It's good info to have now. So I am going to start a guild on classic that has guilds with 10 megs and scores of other gods... Who will pick on us simply because there is nobody else/nothing better todo. That isn't your fault an I'm not blaming you (server settings fault)... But why would anybody join the server and try to start up a guild here? Lose woes for years and never catch up or get remotely close. All of these "catch up" things do is allow people to just begin well those who are ahead, myself included, get to further get ahead at an exponential rate.

Basically, there will never be long term comp ever again on classic. The closest thing to competition that could ever exist would be gvg. But the long term and in depth compition is over and none will ever catch up.

didnt read because my yaki udon is getting cold but just saying there was as many on the other side collectively. And they never were all used. etc mvp cards etc GRs, VH didnt even own a GR till well after half way through the server life but we didn't cry.

maybe if they didnt allow dumb-_- doubl creations there would only be half as many gods ^^!

edit: after reading all I can say is

All of these "catch up" things do is allow people to just begin well those who are ahead, myself included, get to further get ahead at an exponential rate.

I

told

you

so

too bad nobody else on the server thought about this crap

Edited by Xellie, 02 May 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#617 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:05 AM

but we didn't cry.

I actually remember a lot of crying about not having a GR

which is pretty insignificant 

#618 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:24 AM

I actually remember a lot of crying about not having a GR

which is pretty insignificant 

After having opened 300+ OCAs to be finally told they weren't in OCAs, yeah. Meanwhile people were walking around with duped GRs like who cares?

pretty significant at the start of a server.

btw not that you would know but gtb is pretty much useless outside of gvg meta without a gr/dr

Edited by Xellie, 02 May 2015 - 09:34 AM.

#619 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

What's going on?
Could this be my understanding
It's not your fault I was being too demanding
I must admit it's my pride that made me distant
All because I hoped that you'd be someone different
There's not much I know about you
Fear will always make you blind
But the answer is in clear view
It's amazing what you'll find face to face

I turned away because I thought you were the problem
Tried to forget, til the server hit the bottom
But when I messaged you in my blank confusion
I realized you weren't wrong, it was a mere illusion

It really didn't make sense
Just to leave this unresolved
It's not hard to go the distance
when you finally get involved face to face

#620 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

just correcting your post, didn't say you did or did not have a reason to

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 02 May 2015 - 09:53 AM.

#621 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

relevant

#622 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

I would do the following (combination of a lot of suggestions).... 90% of this isn't possible on iRO, but this would be ideal

-Have a predetermined release status. Make it release an episode a month or every 6 weeks or w/e. Make this -_- consistent.

-No account bound BS

-Keep GSB

-Double to triple the amount of econ lost per break

-NPCs that does potting for you (seriously, 0 fun)

-BG, but no KVM

-No s. mids, period

-Kafra shop be looks only (add in costumes on Classic, 0 stat effects) and battle manuals ect

-Renewal interface

-Better hardware/ISP. The lag sucks donkey balls

-No merc scrolls, ever

-Addelay

-Have an actual discussion and either legalize ap or check/ban for it.

-Guild cap @ 30

-Emblems required to WoE (even MBK)

-Limit of 1 ally

-Keep ACA as only way for major miniboss cards

-MVP drops (including card) not effected by gum or drop event. Everything but card can be effected by VIP.

-God items redone (SEE FOLLOWING)

-ALL treasure from castles is not effected by gum, drop event, vip

-WoE 1 god item parts required: DOUBLED

-WoE 2 god item parts required: 5 of each 

-Original god item quest, but with 50 required

That would be an ideal server. Gods would actually take time and effort to make and it wouldn't get flooded for years and years. 

inb4 "not possible hur dur". But that is ideal server.

Would be great - looking at the server as it is, it's easy to see why new players are turned off and sadly the 'farming' destroys a lot of people's effort. Sux for those who put a lot of work in on this server, sux for new players (and to those being loud about why it shouldn't, you don't remove how a lot feel by telling them how they should feel). x_x

#623 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 02 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

tumblr_mso5p37FDF1sxudx7o1_r1_500.gif

#624 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

http://www.reddit.co...munity_overall/

I wonder how many people like that player start on classic just to quit a few hrs latter?

I know myself and others do post on reddit occasionally when people ask where to play, telling them to play on classic. I wonder how many have a bad experience after trying it...

And this guy did not stop because Xellie has 100 megs, he quit because he couldn't find anyone to play with, because of Janeway, and how "unclassic" classic is.

#625 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

And this guy did not stop because Xellie has 100 megs, he quit because he couldn't find anyone to play with, because of Janeway, and how "unclassic" classic is.

Just want to point out, there are people who do play this game who completely avoid pvp and gvg and WoE not because Xellie has 100 megs on classic, but because there is even 1 meg on classic.  Of course that's a stupid reason, that's fine.  I can clearly see that fun, and not boredom, is being had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users