[Classic] Future Uncertain - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 17 votes

[Classic] Future Uncertain

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
639 replies to this topic

#101 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

show no love isnt a very good server name thou

#102 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:17 PM

Worst case scenario, if they do wipe the server, they should name the new server after the winner of this one.

But the server is already called "Classic" so calling it that again would be no fun. 

IRO Sputnik has a nice ring to it. lol 

Edited by Tribe, 04 April 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#103 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:20 PM

iRO sharks

#104 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:22 PM

Iro Buttflustered

#105 KingOfJokerz

KingOfJokerz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

You seem to respond an awful lot to what I've been saying without actually reading anything, so please, if you read and take the time to comprehend anything, do so with this.

Sorry after you came across as an -_- I disregarded just about anything you typed. That's how you beat a troll. You ignore them.

#106 jsynz

jsynz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

that's why I -_- love valk <3

Just like Tolrin says before every WoE:

"Valk is good, Valk is right, don't let Xellie win tonight!"

#107 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

tumblr_mcd0gypnZ91qcghoco1_500.jpg

#108 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

Sorry after you came across as an -_- I disregarded just about anything you typed. That's how you beat a troll. You ignore them.

Ah, I get it.

You don't have a legitimate reason to offer me, so this time around you're going to use the "u r troll" card to win.

I'm preeeeeetty sure you read what I had to say tho. <3

Edit: Don't you think it's a little late in the game to try and take the high road? Like, after I've laid everything out, let you stew for a few hours, you're just now calling me a troll? Really? That move reeks of failure and poor sportsmanship, my friend.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 04 April 2015 - 02:53 PM.

#109 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:53 PM

tumblr_mcd0gypnZ91qcghoco1_500.jpg

c7uw3.jpg

#110 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

It's amazing how far from the point you guys have dragged this. Q1 of 2015 is coming to a close, the current roadmap is done, while many of the things they said they'd do with regards to woe forts/econ/resets were not done, there was also other stuff they have done. It's time for them to sit down and plan out the next 3-6 months for us to bicker endlessly about what they have planned. The concern that there's no idea what the GMs are doing is valid, if they decided against making changes they should have informed the users about it and reasoned out their decisions. I still have issues with how many projects they have proposed and keep trying to work on as they're obviously not able to complete them all to a satisfactory standard (anyone been into the Challenge dungeon lately?).

Arguing about resets/new servers is a waste of your time. There's truth to both sides of the arguments, I'm sure if a new server started people would come back (new starts own and are a lot of fun) and I'm sure there's plenty of people who wouldnt go also (sinking hundreds of hours and dollars into a server then abandoning it sucks, it's why we're on iRO right?). However I dont think the GMs are actually interested in going down that path, their changes (or lack of with regards to the roadmap) seem to promoting retention of their current players while opening up avenues for new players (to RO or iRO) to get involved through Janeway and other stuff.

Undying posted a thread in the Classic suggestions about an idea he had that would bring back his guild, which is AWESOME because as far as I can tell it's the first effort post anyone has made talking about bringing a group of players (back) to the server. Soon as it went up he just got attacked by everyone for all sorts of things, this is what's wrong with the community. Instead of ignoring it (if you say nothing the GMs will ignore it and it'll get lost forever in that suggestion thread like everything else ever posted there) or commenting on the idea itself, people started to attack him and his guild. Everyone should be encouraging input like this from players who want to play on the server no matter who they are, because we all should really want them to come play (if they choose to cheat etc that's another matter and the GMs should take care of that). That said there's a line between people who post constructive things with well thought out ideas that are achievable and align with the direction of the server and people who choose to post "lol guys reset".

#111 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:03 PM

It's amazing how far from the point you guys have dragged this. Q1 of 2015 is coming to a close, the current roadmap is done, while many of the things they said they'd do with regards to woe forts/econ/resets were not done, there was also other stuff they have done. It's time for them to sit down and plan out the next 3-6 months for us to bicker endlessly about what they have planned. The concern that there's no idea what the GMs are doing is valid, if they decided against making changes they should have informed the users about it and reasoned out their decisions. I still have issues with how many projects they have proposed and keep trying to work on as they're obviously not able to complete them all to a satisfactory standard (anyone been into the Challenge dungeon lately?)

I appreciate you bringing this back into focus. Unfortunately the reset idea probably will never fully go away (I was toying with making a thread so they can discuss that to death whilst the rest of us focus on what we have to work with.)

I can't speak for the people "on your side" but I know that uncertainty kills.

And yeah the challenge dungeon is terrible but the concern is that people have voiced their concerns about how bad that is but this has gone unacknowledged?

Same with any concern raised in the OP here. I saw Oda reading, but we don't even get a "I'll try to find out".

:p_sick:

re: undying's thread. It really is a case of either they go or we go at this point. I don't want to get into it too much and sure we could ignore it. Infact Undying and I discussed the idea in game and he did accept some of my criticisms such as dilution of real WoE population. But the people who are bandwagon championing that thread won't take any feedback or attempt to address the issues it could cause (offering a solution) but rather just deny that they will happen.

Until the staff give me some acknowledgement of what that group did to me, I think Valhalla will always be on the verge of walking away (more about the staff than the players) if they come back.

Again. Staff issues. Not player ones.

Edited by Xellie, 04 April 2015 - 03:07 PM.

#112 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:22 PM

Yeah I'm okay with it being a talking point, it's always something I'm interested in reading about because I have no idea where I'd fall if a reset/new server happened. But it's out of place here, maybe the people who want to discuss it can make another thread for it.

The uncertainty is not really that new for us, we never really know what's going on, there's the occasional road map style threads that get posted but I cant think of one that didnt complete every single one of it's goals on time. Generally we'll find out about stuff the week it goes in and just deal with it.

I donno, I commented very heavily on the Challenge dungeon the weeks leading up to it and the week or two after then sort of gave up. It's possible that just due to the timing with Camp being gone that week then very busy implementing the new Renewal content and pRO merger stuff it slipped by. But it's not very fun to parrot out the same rubbish every week in hopes that it gets read and/or acted on. The last challenge dungeon was a pretty big success (lets not have the seed argument) and the current one is just a huge flop, it's there all it needs is a once over with monster skills and drops. Doesnt even feel like it would take them very long to turn it into something people could be attracted to.

As for Oda not commenting who knows. There's been a handful of times where I've noticed Camp/Oda say that they've taken notes on issues and looked to run them by relevant parties and just didnt inform anyone about it. It's a shame the posts trying to make a similar point last week were drowned out in the roadmap thread as that'd be the ideal place. I've had some success bumping older threads with a "please advise" to remind them to do something (this weeks patch notes thread comes to mind).

Edit: The Undying stuff. I have no idea (nor do I care) about any of the behind the scenes drama. But it's a lot like some of the stuff that got discussed in the other thread where Quanta had an outside look into people attacking another group of people for stuff that they know nothing about. If you're in the know and have strong feelings one way or another I'm sure you'd want to be in on the ground floor. But as they're the only outside group of players who want to come back right now it's certainly not going to be easy to convince anyone else to sit down and talk about the sorts of things they'd be interested in coming back/playing for. Hell I can already see it now, in two-three months there'll be posts like "Hey guys look at the last time someone tried to propose some ideas that would bring back a group of players, they were attacked and driven off by the largest/strongest/richest/most mvp/god item having guild on the server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then it starts all over again. The forums should not be a place to air any of that laundry, there's no proper policing to make sure that it stays out and repeat offenders get punished.

Edited by Themes, 04 April 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#113 jsynz

jsynz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

c7uw3.jpg

It's the same love a vampire hunter has for Dracula.

Xellie is a special kind of evil and if you support it then you're letting yourself succumb to some dark powers.

#114 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:07 PM

Yeah I'm okay with it being a talking point, it's always something I'm interested in reading about because I have no idea where I'd fall if a reset/new server happened. But it's out of place here, maybe the people who want to discuss it can make another thread for it.

The uncertainty is not really that new for us, we never really know what's going on, there's the occasional road map style threads that get posted but I cant think of one that didnt complete every single one of it's goals on time. Generally we'll find out about stuff the week it goes in and just deal with it.

I donno, I commented very heavily on the Challenge dungeon the weeks leading up to it and the week or two after then sort of gave up. It's possible that just due to the timing with Camp being gone that week then very busy implementing the new Renewal content and pRO merger stuff it slipped by. But it's not very fun to parrot out the same rubbish every week in hopes that it gets read and/or acted on. The last challenge dungeon was a pretty big success (lets not have the seed argument) and the current one is just a huge flop, it's there all it needs is a once over with monster skills and drops. Doesnt even feel like it would take them very long to turn it into something people could be attracted to.

As for Oda not commenting who knows. There's been a handful of times where I've noticed Camp/Oda say that they've taken notes on issues and looked to run them by relevant parties and just didnt inform anyone about it. It's a shame the posts trying to make a similar point last week were drowned out in the roadmap thread as that'd be the ideal place. I've had some success bumping older threads with a "please advise" to remind them to do something (this weeks patch notes thread comes to mind).

Edit: The Undying stuff. I have no idea (nor do I care) about any of the behind the scenes drama. But it's a lot like some of the stuff that got discussed in the other thread where Quanta had an outside look into people attacking another group of people for stuff that they know nothing about. If you're in the know and have strong feelings one way or another I'm sure you'd want to be in on the ground floor. But as they're the only outside group of players who want to come back right now it's certainly not going to be easy to convince anyone else to sit down and talk about the sorts of things they'd be interested in coming back/playing for. Hell I can already see it now, in two-three months there'll be posts like "Hey guys look at the last time someone tried to propose some ideas that would bring back a group of players, they were attacked and driven off by the largest/strongest/richest/most mvp/god item having guild on the server!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and then it starts all over again. The forums should not be a place to air any of that laundry, there's no proper policing to make sure that it stays out and repeat offenders get punished.

Totally agree.

My biggest concern with the road map is that it laid out some very significant changes that put plans on a very quick hold. When they mentioned maybe nerfing MVPs, did you consider stopping camping hibram? Cause I outright just stopped bothering to go there.

Same thing for me with woe and mvp purchases... Each woe is an investment into the next.I have massive problems with uncertainty.

The challenge dungeon has been raised a bunch of times by my guildmembers too (who are convinced the staff hate them - for reasons) thus it's been feeding the toxicity of the forum atmosphere. There's only so many times I can sit and play peacemaker or offer to make more of a fuss to try and get things addressed (since apparently my text is quite loud). But people are tired of it.

re: undying crap: The staff should have prevented it from happening in the first place. It should have never happened on the forums to begin with, it should have been dealt with at the time, it should have been punished and it certainly should have been acknowledged that it affected more players than just inubashiri.

Remember that WoE VH didn't play? It was about that. I am throwing down the gauntlet here and saying that if the staff won't even acknowledge what happened (and just silence our concerns about being harassed/continue to allow it instead), then they will have to chose between loyal players that have stayed with them for years, promoted the server, fed back in all ideas and helped run fansites.

Or some that left because they didn't get their way and will probably do so again in the future.

edit: I know that undying is trying to make amends and that this stuff is to be buried in the past and that we should all pretend it never happened. Infact I'm actually terrified of it happening again and the long term consequences are something that have been almost game ruining. But the staff won't even admit that it happened, so no, I don't feel safe or protected or that it will be policed. I feel like I could be banned at any second because of peer pressure alone. The moderators have even admitted they make a conscious decision to not handle this stuff because of backlash from the community. It's not really fair at all to be treated like that :V

And I'm sorry I know you don't care but really I couldn't keep pretending this isn't a thing. I'm tired of people seeing that I'm edgy but all the "why" having been deleted. All I want is an enjoyable game experience for myself and close group.

Edited by Xellie, 04 April 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#115 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

I am so glad I didn't give up on ClickClickClick when he first appeared, lol. <3

#116 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

It's the same love a vampire hunter has for Dracula.

Xellie is a special kind of evil and if you support it then you're letting yourself succumb to some dark powers.

#117 jsynz

jsynz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

Yeah that's Tolrin at the end totally owning with his Justice.

He's handsome just like Simon Belmont.

#118 jsynz

jsynz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

This will be my last post here.

I'll leave these Tolrin words of wisdom for the heretics:

"Valk stay strong and never beg - at least we're something without megs"

#119 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

If Tolrin wants to take my belt and teach me about justice, I'm game. ^.~

Edited by Xellie, 04 April 2015 - 06:50 PM.

#120 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

B> commission of tolrin x xellie shipping

#121 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

Totally agree.

My biggest concern with the road map is that it laid out some very significant changes that put plans on a very quick hold. When they mentioned maybe nerfing MVPs, did you consider stopping camping hibram? Cause I outright just stopped bothering to go there.

Same thing for me with woe and mvp purchases... Each woe is an investment into the next.I have massive problems with uncertainty.

The challenge dungeon has been raised a bunch of times by my guildmembers too (who are convinced the staff hate them - for reasons) thus it's been feeding the toxicity of the forum atmosphere. There's only so many times I can sit and play peacemaker or offer to make more of a fuss to try and get things addressed (since apparently my text is quite loud). But people are tired of it.

re: undying crap: The staff should have prevented it from happening in the first place. It should have never happened on the forums to begin with, it should have been dealt with at the time, it should have been punished and it certainly should have been acknowledged that it affected more players than just inubashiri.

Remember that WoE VH didn't play? It was about that. I am throwing down the gauntlet here and saying that if the staff won't even acknowledge what happened (and just silence our concerns about being harassed/continue to allow it instead), then they will have to chose between loyal players that have stayed with them for years, promoted the server, fed back in all ideas and helped run fansites.

Or some that left because they didn't get their way and will probably do so again in the future.

edit: I know that undying is trying to make amends and that this stuff is to be buried in the past and that we should all pretend it never happened. Infact I'm actually terrified of it happening again and the long term consequences are something that have been almost game ruining. But the staff won't even admit that it happened, so no, I don't feel safe or protected or that it will be policed. I feel like I could be banned at any second because of peer pressure alone. The moderators have even admitted they make a conscious decision to not handle this stuff because of backlash from the community. It's not really fair at all to be treated like that :V

And I'm sorry I know you don't care but really I couldn't keep pretending this isn't a thing. I'm tired of people seeing that I'm edgy but all the "why" having been deleted. All I want is an enjoyable game experience for myself and close group.

Yeah the effect the roadmap thread had on peoples goals cannot be ignored, the fact that they changed their minds (which is fine) and havent updated the community is miserable. As for Hibram, we never really went back after we ran into you guys once or twice, having your heat cast over with ME repeatedly is pretty frustrating. We really only killed it because for some reason it was out all day every day and 3 minutes work every 2 hours with two people seemed pretty reasonable for the reward.

The problem with the toxicity is more than there's no real punishments for people who are repeatedly breaking rules, attacking people and generally making it a miserable place to talk about things. Reading through the guidelines posted in that other thread, there's supposed to be probations/bans for repeat offenders but all we ever see is post removal and the same people posting. I'm not sure if that's because the probations end and they start posting again or if there's nothing being handed out. But I've never been warned for posting antagonistic stuff and I'm sure there's a few scenarios where it's probably merited one. Soon as you see one guy get away with the insults you feel that you have a right to respond, then their friend responds to you then the rest of your guild gets behind you etc etc.

Bolded the last sentence because that's basically all anyone here wants, I'm sure there's a few people who enjoy -_-ting on peoples parades. But most of the people who post (or lurk) here are just interested in helping the GM/CMs make the server a better place. There's obviously going to be different opinions on what better is and some people will always prefer to focus on certain issues. Which is fine and I enjoy discussing stuff like that, what I dont like is people instantly attacking each other because they dont agree on how to play the game. Wanting to precast/defend forts is fine, wanting to GvG is fine, wanting to never siege is fine, wanting to grind for hours to hit 99 is fine, wanting to Thors/Biolabs instead is fine, wanting to make gimmick builds/characters to do weird stuff is fine, wanting to go solo is fine, wanting to party up for everything is fine. Lets focus on making a server where people can have these things as options and not just assume because that's now how we play or what we want to do that it shouldnt be an option for people and attack them for thinking so.

But again that's getting far from the point, hopefully the GM/CMs will be back Monday and we can get them to weigh in on this and prepare an updated Q2 roadmap for us to argue over.

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:46 PM

We weren't MEing to grief you, it's more about preventing sw/protection from dark cross >.< it actually didn't cross my mind about cancelling heat until Tolrin got mad. (I'm not really one for mvp griefing) We just have a routine for killing hibram, yanno? I know it's not a big deal, but I feel there is way too much misunderstanding between vh/valk to let it lay without an apology in due course.

Toxicity depends on what you consider an attack or antagonistic for example. Sometimes I get called out on attacking another guild when I say something like "yeah well, you can't beat us because XYZ" (not bad/stupid/idiotic) but there will be people that take offense to being told they are using the wrong strategy.

However, some of the things that have been let fly are super serious. I can personally say I've been extra antagonistic as of late, because when I act all zen I find myself taking a slaughter of abuse that I can't handle. Knowing that it is one sided (as ppl cry bias if those attacking myself/vh are punished) has just made it extra difficult. I tried to accept the situation but I really am having a hard time moving on. I'm trying to be more constructive tho :(

I know I  extend this to you often, but I really would like to know what you seek from your gameplay experience. I heard that you stopped WoEing, and hey, I'm sure you have reasons. Hearing about these things and bearing the responsibility for yet another person maybe losing enjoyment in the game experience concerns me. I didn't set out to be a bad guy (or mega dominant guildleader).

I like to believe that what we seek from the game isn't mutually exclusive and I'm really grateful you've found it within you to forgive me for being overbearing and communicate once more. It will mean volumes for the server if we can find ways to align our suggestions and goals.

#123 kurtskykeigee82

kurtskykeigee82

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:17 PM

Sorry but i didnt bother to backready, why is the classic ro server going down?

#124 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:22 PM

I can remember in 2006 and earlier people saying, "Oh woe is me, RO is le dead" and here we are in 2015 lol.

#125 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:57 PM

Eh. RO might not be dead but Classic sure is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users