#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:39 PM

It was the grand prize for an old pvp event. The winner was allowed to make a IM set with whatever stats he wanted on the set and each piece.

#3 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 05 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

The regret's i feel when I see this set.

I placed 2nd in that tournament,cries

So what happened to his own pvp mode being named after him?

#4 xfirebrandx

xfirebrandx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

Hope there is noone who completed that set oO that would be gamebreaking :D

Edited by xfirebrandx, 05 April 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#5 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Ero is such a noob   :P

#6 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

Spoiler

The Set aside, why would that person add MATK Bonus while using a Crossbow? °-°'

#7 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

Why not ?

#8 simbiosy

simbiosy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

The person who is shown in the screenshot its not ero.

During Easter maintenance the DS team put some parts of ero's Set in the mixboard by mistake, so some people (at least 4) was able to get only the wings.

The only person who has the whole set it is ero himself.

It isnt as bad as it could be, but still a pretty sad mistake :/

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:40 AM

Tbh even offering that as a prize is one of the few big mistakes WP has ever done in the history of DS.

Edited by StormHaven, 06 April 2015 - 04:44 AM.

#10 simbiosy

simbiosy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:06 AM

LOL

The concept could be actually something fun, but those set options...  :Emo_20:

#11 jabourne727

jabourne727

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:17 AM

i ask the same. why other ppl have that prize? i don't blame the ero for having the set since it was gm prize, but i think it should only stay to him since he is the winner.

#12 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:26 AM

according the rules set forth by the producer in regards to that tournament all of it's participants followed them. I believe no one abused any skills and majority of disqualified players were for attendance issues. If anything, ero's set is a novelty item. He can literally play around with you in a pvp room and you wouldn't even know it. if you want a fair pvp just ask him to remove the set and pvp you. 

as far as I know he hasn't participated in EW or majority of PvP related events in a while. and prior to having that set he was almost always in the top 3 points ranking in EW without it if he wasn't in 1st place. 

I don't mind him having that set, he doesn't abuse it, chooses not to use it for majority of serious matches, and doesn't objectify it. of course you will have the tangy players who didn't even participate in the tournament to talk badly about it, but the rules and prizes were set forth by the producer and should be considered solid stone. live with it.

as far as other players having the set? that is a major no-no. that set is specifically made for one person, no other player or classes should have it. remember, it was a prize offered by the producer, ero just happened to be the one to win it.

#13 simbiosy

simbiosy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:27 AM

Well, it was a mistake XD

The server was online for about 5 to 10min with the ero's set in the mixboard.

I wasnt even announced here that it was online xD I got in because a friend of mine told me via skype and saw the set xD

So the server went down again and got fixed, but some people got it.

#14 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:30 AM

Well, it was a mistake XD

The server was online for about 5 to 10min with the ero's set in the mixboard.

I wasnt even announced here that it was online xD I got in because a friend of mine told me via skype and saw the set xD

So the server went down again and got fixed, but some people got it.

one can only hope that it gets resolved, it was nearing the end of the week and majority of wp staff do not work weekends. so this may get resolved this week if the producer has any intention of fixing it. which he should have since the server was reset so quickly, it was obviously a mistake.

i can only assume that players having the item who have invested in upgrading it will get refunds of the insurance used etc. this has happened before with transformer sets and post-thq naruto sets.

Edited by noxis, 06 April 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#15 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

Just a quick question.

WHY IS THIS EVEN IN THE GAME?!

This was the prize for last year's PvP tournament. I normally don't participate in tournaments since I have time constraints, but the prizes were too good to pass up.

So what happened to his own pvp mode being named after him?

I rejected the offer. 

#16 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:51 AM

The set, as game breaking as it is, is the only 1 full set in existence and players say he doesn't use it in serious PVP, EW, etc. So despite any mistakes by WP to not have a limit on stats it's perfectly fine.

The mixboard error only resulted in a few getting 1 piece so no major harm done. Really he picked what probably a lot of players would've picked in stats.

#17 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:58 AM

The set, as game breaking as it is, is the only 1 full set in existence and players say he doesn't use it in serious PVP, EW, etc. So despite any mistakes by WP to not have a limit on stats it's perfectly fine.

The mixboard error only resulted in a few getting 1 piece so no major harm done. Really he picked what probably a lot of players would've picked in stats.

agreed on the no major harm done. i would actually find it flattering if people were using a set with my name on it, they can be my fans. but i believe the a whole point of having that singular prize was to do win the tournament making no excuses to miss any matches. 

i am in complete objection to how opportunists obtained pieces. it was completely illegitimate and took advantage of a mistake by the producer, and as said before, only the prize winner should have any of it's pieces, can you imagine a summoner with that kind of firepower? and not all people would sparingly use it or even have any sort of respect towards it.

all in all, they didn't win it, they shouldn't own it. just my opinion. i would be saying the same if anyone else had won it.

Edited by noxis, 06 April 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#18 simbiosy

simbiosy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

The only problem i see: The set should be unique :/ And if the Actions Restricted in the Item description are right it can be played around by several characters and sold by a very high price :S 

Edited by simbiosy, 06 April 2015 - 06:11 AM.

#19 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:14 AM

agreed on the no major harm done. i would actually find it flattering if people were using a set with my name on it, they can be my fans. but i believe the a whole point of having that singular prize was to do win the tournament making no excuses to miss any matches. 

i am in complete objection to how opportunists obtained pieces. it was completely illegitimate, and as said before, only the prize winner should have any of it's pieces, can you imagine a summoner with that kind of firepower? and not all people would sparingly use it or even have any sort of respect towards it.

all in all, they didn't win it, they shouldn't own it. just my opinion. i would be saying the same if anyone else had won it.

Agreed, only one set of its kind. It is a GM set, if you will. It baffles me thinking how it ever ended up on the mixboard. It is however amusing to see people running around with ero's set like his little fangirls.

#20 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

Agreed, only one set of its kind. It is a GM set, if you will. It baffles me thinking how it ever ended up on the mixboard. It is however amusing to see people running around with ero's set like his little fangirls.

I would say producer mistake, some sort of a typo. A simple typo can end up like this. Well, a producer is a human being too. Everybody makes mistakes, even a producer. Crap happens.

But thanks Elga we got Poppie and he is quite fast in such situations. I know he informed the producer about the mistake  3 mins after the servers got back up from maint and so the producer was able to take down the server that fast again. So thankfully not much harm is done.

(I saw the discussion in the trade chat going on as the server came back online and Poppie's reaction to it. So yeah, he was fast. Thankfully. Same for the producer.)

#21 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

Wait. No rollback ? People having obtained parts of that set still have them ? ._.

Edited by Homurasan, 06 April 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#22 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:43 AM

I would say producer mistake, some sort of a typo. A simple typo can end up like this. Well, a producer is a human being too. Everybody makes mistakes, even a producer. Crap happens.

But thanks Elga we got Poppie and he is quite fast in such situations. I know he informed the producer about the mistake  3 mins after the servers got back up from maint and so the producer was able to take down the server that fast again. So thankfully not much harm is done.

(I saw the discussion in the trade chat going on as the server came back online and Poppie's reaction to it. So yeah, he was fast. Thankfully. Same for the producer.)

whole heartedly agree, 

popcorn has made some strong progress in becoming a better vmod for the ds community(but not without mistakes) and hopefully he continues his progress.

as for the set, it's existed for so long and majority of the player base know if it's existence and origin that it's become completely acceptable to see. 

i highly doubt that ero would ever sell the set given his occupation in real life, but yes restrictions should be placed on making it account bound.

Edited by noxis, 06 April 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#23 simbiosy

simbiosy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

I wasnt speak of ero xD But the others who got it lol

#24 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

Also despite it being tradable ero has agreed to not lend/sell/transfer his set to others. So there's no malicious hot potatoing of a set that's borderline GM gear.

#25 xfirebrandx

xfirebrandx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

Its fine when that 1 pvp event winner has that set.

But they have to do something about the other set parts. even socketable ragged ghost set is an issue .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users