Cave Of Ulverik overly hard? - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Cave Of Ulverik overly hard?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

5 charm for your cleric then basically need to do that 3 more times. let me know when you do then gear them same chars with honor and valor gear and new exalted +15 and  fully passive them. and after all that. then tell me how your cleric compares to  your other characters. 

bro, you know me well enough to know all my other gears are full (15) 

You should also know me well enough for the fair assumption that my stat buffers, are going to be fully charm geared in 5-6 months. 

That being said

-You appreciate and know that, dumping everything into one stat build, doesn't make for the greatest char build. 

Just cause I haven't played in 4 years, doesn't mean I can't and won't ever have what you have for stat buffers, I said I am working on it, and I WILL get it. 

Now, please, think about what CD use to be like, and how OP clerics USE to be., -- Lets not turn this into a clerics are completely terrible topic, it's not that clerics are complete and utter crap, it's because the final boss is slightly OP... 
Final boss isn't even OVERLY OP, it's just slightly OP. -- 
Lets not turn this into a pissing match on "I don't respect you if you don't have that I do" 

#52 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

Well a cleric wears cloth armor, the lightest in the game; so I expect if it's targeted to die the fastest compared to leather, medium and heavy armor users taking the same treatment/punishment. That was my expectation, and that's what happened. However I deleted my Leonis Cleric, as I hate playing the damn thing and I don't like that server in general, to make room for something else in the future. 

#53 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

Well a cleric wears cloth armor, the lightest in the game; so I expect if it's targeted to die the fastest compared to leather, medium and heavy armor users taking the same treatment/punishment. That was my expectation, and that's what happened. However I deleted my Leonis Cleric, as I hate playing the damn thing and I don't like that server in general, to make room for something else in the future. 

Truthfully, the cleric is slightly too squishy, even for a "support only class" --- 
But I am trying to steer this topic away from #SaveCleric -  

My main point is that Ulverik final Mob is just slightly too hard. 

#54 tmaxx3

tmaxx3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMy Desk
  • Server:Deadconis

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

Clerics can still achieve great DEF . my biggest issue with complaints is that they all complain the def.  all i'm going to say is  "  +15 exalted and tank up your gems , mask and backshield" without making anything new other then the new exalted +15 gear. i have seen 7900-9800 def on my cleric ( depending on setup i'm using.  IMO that's pretty good since pre-update  10.6k was the same setup as the 9800. Sorry for getting off topic

Cave of Ulv isn't so hard. the fact the last boss can stun you 3 times in a row and kill half your party and unlike mute  you can't run that is what makes it harder to do.

But if you don't make it somewhat hard , there will be people  with  charm knights solo'in it on self buffs( no cleric and no other buffers in group) like before the latest update that they nerfed knight's  ... - Just saying it could be done even the bosses tanked on pots and self buffs while your group killed them all 3.   tell me that's no OP !   way more OP then clerics.that they should fix.

#55 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

I agree, somewhat hard is good, and like, I don't want it to be under-power, I like a bit of a challenge,  but, I personally think it's just, slightly too hard... 

Kinda better off to just only fight first 2 kings and give up on trying the 3rd if trying to lvl

#56 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

Yes CoU is more difficult now...no doubt. At the same time, it is way more challenging. No more rushed cave runs...While some might find the last boss way too hard, some might actually like the satisfaction of defeating the boss even with all the silly dying. One man's meat another man's poison.

#57 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:20 AM

i did yesterday several rounds of caves, i played dual raider and beside that we had knight/champ and cleric. last member was bourg and later champ.

and we did it great ulvi was only able to stun once and didnt even whipe the team. so i think if you team up with cleric and raider or knight or both that its possible to finish it without problems.

#58 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:31 AM

Bahaha, I know, that one is even more brutal too. 

PVP 'balancing' has wrekt PVM 

May I remind you that the changes from changed PvM/PvP Resistance etc started because of  PvM players abusing damage reduction  to a point of 100% immunity? 

Please get the facts right before you start yelling, dog. kkthxbb

And instead of crying about stuff being impossible (lol Rose PvM is easier than SuperMario2 in easy mode) make suggestions to make it better.

Moanings get ignored, creative suggestions heard.

Edit: Oh and the defense scaling is for sure no "PvP" change....it was a general changing, even if I can't tell you the reason for it - the only "PvP" based change was the offhand change on clerics.

Edited by iMatt, 14 April 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#59 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:36 AM

My suggestion is a little more less stun spammy final boss, so that it doesn't requre a charm duel raider to freeze it :X

Also, major increase in EXP for purple mob kings. (HP's on kings seems was more than doubled, but was the EXP ever componsated for such factor? )

also, kings where made harder for higher levels to farm medalians, what about making them still hard for higher level, but have it set for like, if lower level is hitting them, damage is doubled or something?

Edited by VModCupcake, 14 April 2015 - 07:02 AM.

#60 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:49 AM

CD time canehda

#61 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

the only "PvP" based change was the offhand change on clerics.

defense scaling affected pvp damage mitigation as well. block wasn't the only factor. 

get the facts right

Edited by Feuer, 14 April 2015 - 05:57 AM.

#62 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:24 AM

iMatt forgets that I've been gone for over 3 years. 

Also, can't CD, 
Have to DG run, farm, and other stuff, after I leave my apartment and go get money. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 14 April 2015 - 07:24 AM.

#63 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

defense scaling affected pvp damage mitigation as well. block wasn't the only factor. 

but the whole "thing" started in september, november (?) with the problem of people getting 0 damage in dungeons, if you forgot that time, burger-king :D

Poor canehda -  always victim of my bullets, lol....I m just a bit mad at those PvM players constantly bitc hing at "PvP Players" for "making things worse"

Edited by iMatt, 14 April 2015 - 07:47 AM.

#64 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

It is kinda true tho, 
I love PVP, and it is much better now than back in the days, no longer can I run around in 'CD' wearing half item mall items, poping aura's and boosters wrecking an entire team. 

Has it kinda killed PVM? - Yes it has, and if you dissagree, it's been too long since you tried leveling a noob, w/o the use of a programmed macro. 

#65 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

Wonna know what's funny, ROSE has enough control mechanics that balancing PvM wouldn't have to affect PvP. But for some reason [even as Genesis reads this topic] they keep botching up that chance. -no offense gentlemen, but it's the truth- 

#66 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:46 AM

So, I also found out, that SoD is overpowered too, 
As well as HOB - -- 
2 hits to kill a champ with 10k Deff, seriously? 

SC was cakewalk, and I heard they've made it harder, yay slighly harder tho!...  

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 17 April 2015 - 03:48 AM.

#67 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:10 AM

Since SOD is the next tier after HOO, it has always been at that challenging level.

They weren't changed, but what make you struggle more in dungeons is because

Our defense was rescaled, defensive resistance on armor was reduced almost by a half.

Then, the most useful class in dungeons, Dual Raider, doesn't do that well on  Freezing Assault anymore.

Also, from patch 527, every mobs got buffed with more AP by a %. (King in HOO and Fallen Judge Talratha were buffed 90% AP)

All this combined make up for that hard you've been through.

-------

In my opinion, Sikuku Catacombs should be this hard. As it is the next tier after the other three.

Beside, it's now the dungeon which gives highest valor points and catalysts.

Now even MORE points with 4 quests.

When first introduced it was too easy that people only do SC for days, even till now.

But to raise the difficult is surely following dev's plan.

We can no long put a little effort but gain x2 more points than other 3 dungeons. :)

#68 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:47 AM

SC got so hard that people give up by last boss :p_swt:

#69 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:52 AM

This defense scaling was to enhance PVP, but has destroyed PVM. 

I'm just saying though, if I've made my exaulted gear full (15), have an oro set with po/7 (going to try another set with 20str 75 deff I guess) --- I being a champ, should be able to take more than two hits from a boss king. 

Not only all those facts, my champs build is BUILT to tank- it's a max 400 STR build.  >_> 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 17 April 2015 - 04:53 AM.

#70 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:10 AM

SC got so hard that people give up by last boss :p_swt:

Just done one with 3 attackers: 2 champs 1 scout.

Exe was the hardest, then Gloopy, last is Shaman.

Slimes from those mobs at Exe doesn't hit that hard, but they spawn too many as mobs approach from 3 directions. Plus, everyone got panicked and run around, causing them to spawn more. GG

Exe itself is Soldier type, yet quite tanky so it takes more time to kill him, among all those slimes.  :p_omg:

--------

Gloopy himself doesn't hit that hard, but his slime owns! That almost one hits anyone in the team.

That constanly-respawned blobs require everyone to pay attention most of the time.

Even though they're basic type, quite easy to kill but their HP is like 25k.

With that fast respawn rate, a team with a knight or 2 knight will cry. GG

--------

We died quite a lot, mostly because of the slimes from mobs and kings.

--------

Shaman still gave us an easy time to play. ^^

#71 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 05:14 AM

well gloopy the minions spawn faster then we could kill and the slime did instand kill so well we gave up after a while.

Rest was fine

#72 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

did you try the dungeons with a lvl 230 char canehda?

#73 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:34 AM

I am leveling my chars in DG's ... but no, being max lvl should make things easier I guess, but... to complete it should still be possible w/ lower level :X

#74 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

I did with max lvl sc after update, the update made gloopy very hard and also did ulvi before And without freeze its really hard :/

Edited by angeltje, 17 April 2015 - 07:10 AM.

#75 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

This I call hard. anything below is casual.

Edited by iMatt, 17 April 2015 - 06:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users