4/7 Robert Z'Dar memorial Tiki Tuesday Q&A show - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/7 Robert Z'Dar memorial Tiki Tuesday Q&A show

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:19 PM

A staple of 80s b and z-grade movies, Robert Z'Dar passed away last week at 64. After a career in law enforcement, Robert Z'Dar made his living appearing in small or supporting roles in dozens of films since the mid 1980s. Most famously he starred as the titular Maniac Cop, and as a bad guy in the Sylvester Stallone/Kurt Russel masterpiece Tango & Cash. Fans of Mystery Science Theater 3000 (of which you should be too) will remember him from the the unitentionally hilarious films SOULTAKER and FUTURE WAR. 

Ask your questions for this week's Tiki Tuesday Liveshow and I'll do my best to answer them!

If you missed last week, here's the youtube archive

#2 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

What's in this month's Lucky Boxes?

#3 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

OH HI.

Third repost. Hope this one's the charm.

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

What's in this month's Lucky Boxes?

contents are not posted until the actual maint

#5 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

contents are not posted until the actual maint

Oh, right. :o So you can't play the market, right? :P

#6 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:43 PM

:ani_money:

#7 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

Hello there, I was wondering if you guys requested to kRO the update to daily quests where their cooldown automatically resets at late night. I'm sure Campitor got the info from a previous thread, but just in case!

#8 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:48 PM

Hello there, I was wondering if you guys requested to kRO the update to daily quests where their cooldown automatically resets at late night. I'm sure Campitor got the info from a previous thread, but just in case!

i asked oda about this last week; he said that since this was just put in kRO in Feb, we probably won't get that anytime soon

#9 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

That's a bummer, it's not like it's a content or episode update but a system improvement. Oh well :[

#10 JapzPogi

JapzPogi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Unknown

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

GM Oda,

Is there are any way or software u can offer for us Filipino/PRO players who are playing IRO and soon the new THOR server to reduce the latency or delay in the game. So much Lag for us.I dont known the reason. The root cause might be the distance between the Philippines and United States. Hope u can help us with this issue

Thank u very much.:)))

#11 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:32 PM

distance is the reason.  there are some programs people use to bypass this, like wtfast.

#12 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

omg necro, you should be promoted to GM.

my question of the week:
1. could you please consider making thanatos tower starting 3rd floor as instance? regarding my problem in this thread:
http://forums.warppo...atos-tower-bug/
The only method to know if the thanatos is in 2 hours cooldown or not is by climbing to 12th floor. and this is a waste of time, supply and money to climb there just to notice that the boss is in cooldown.
2. could you please enhance replay feature or requesting new replay from kRO. regarding my problem in this thread:
http://forums.warppo...2-about-replay/
I want replay to have jump to time feature by clicking progress bar. it is hard if people have 2 hours long file and want to go to moment at 1.50 quickly.
3. any news about parus and friends card batch?
4. please take a look about kvasir ring requirements.
http://forums.warppo...ve-kvasir-ring/
is it intended each of them requires hella big amount of woe coins (or very rare frost blood and golem core drop from guild treasure box).
thanks

Edited by fuyukikun, 07 April 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#13 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

He responds too quickly and concisely to be a GM. He also speaks proper English and that's a big no-no.

#14 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:09 PM

1. is there a possibility that THOR server will have maps that are PK enable? i/we really enjoy our orc dun(gef_fild10) because its PK enable, most people go there to almost do anything, PK/AFK/chill and what not :]]

2. is it still possible to claim 2 bloody branch consolation prize from that create a scene contest? xD

#15 teatulia

teatulia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hello !

I remember I asked a question last September if you guys could bring back Peace Pipe, it's now April and I'd like to suggest to have it be put in this month please :)

Hello~

I was wondering if peace pipe can be re-added into the cash shop again, I missed it last year! ;(

Yes, this will be returning in the near future!

#16 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

About this:

Update 4/02/2015: Events!

April 1st
-Jumping Janeway Quick Leveling Event (Renewal and Classic) Quickly advances characters to lower middle tier in levels. To get them into the game faster. Very basic items and consumables are awarded.
-From March 1st to April 23rd if an account creates a character on both the renewal and classic servers and reaches lvl 30 on both servers when the Thor server launches the account will receive a quick leveling pack
(5x Account Bound Battle Manuals) in the Code the Redeemer Storage on the Thor Server.

April 8th,
-Complete the Easter Quest on the Renewal Server and receive the Easter Quest Headgear on the Thor server through Code the Redeemer.
-Complete the St. Patricks Day Quest on the Renewal Server and receive the St. Patricks Quest Headgear on the Thor server through Code the Redeemer.

• Do we need to transcend both characters when reaching level 30 to receive the quick leveling pack reward or not necessarily?
  • How is the St. Patrick and Easter quests rewarded to Thor? Is it only applicable one per account or one per character on the same account that completed the quest?
  • Will be the reward counted if it is completed before the date placed (April 8th)? Or will it be counted after April 8th? I already completed the St. Patrick Quest with my Crusader (and now High Swordsman) and soon to my sexy :ani_slur: priest.

3. any news about parus and friends card batch?

thanks

Still waiting for this. I hope it will be available before Thor server opens. :heh:

1. is there a possibility that THOR server will have maps that are PK enable? i/we really enjoy our orc dun(gef_fild10) because its PK enable, most people go there to almost do anything, PK/AFK/chill and what not :]]

I'm okay with PK maps but please not in THAT area because I can't do the Eden Equipment Quest and there is at least 1 player who will PK anything in its path, even newbies. Yes, I rely very much on Eden Equips when my characters were below not yet 3rd class, even I have equips (because of the 0 weight advantage). Because for me, Eden Equips > 99% of the NPC Equips.

EDIT:
Another question/s:

• Will Thor server have Janeway also, even for the meantime? This question originally asked by:

2. Will Thor have Jumping Janeway too?

Edited by Jeneeus, 07 April 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#17 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

Hi Oda!  :p_idea:

Will we be getting some content that pRO already had but hasn't been available in iRO? Like items, costumes and hairstyles?

(Specially the hairstyles)  :ani_shy:

Edited by Erydanos, 06 April 2015 - 05:12 PM.

#18 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

Can we have more ridiculous looking costume hats?  I want that glowy hair of power thing that the EU server has.  Its so obnoxious looking that its actually cute.  Also a costume: heroic backpack would be awesome too.

Can we also do something about the level 175 aura?  We want a PINK aura, not a PEE aura.  Everytime i walk into a group of 175s it is like staring directly at the sun and i'm forced to /aura and /effect.  Not only does it look bad, but its just painful to stare at.

Also, what ever happened to you guys posting your responses in red in the thread?  Wading through the full 2 hours of the stream to find your response is a little tedious.

#19 MilkyThief

MilkyThief

Guide Master

• Members
  • 881 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • Server:Renewal/Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

Any update on when we are getting Nightmare Instances? I'm looking forward to OGH nightmare mode @..@

Edited by MilkyThief, 06 April 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#20 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:48 PM

Dear Oda

Thank you for acknowleadging about the Exceed break bug. Normally I dont report any bug if I can just ignore it (and I have been ignoring this EB bug for years now) but now I feel the need that it needs to get fixed in order to work as kRO intends it. I know this skill bug is minor as it only affects Royal guard and only a small fraction of population uses Exceed break but this skill is my life. It is very important to me.

Again thank you for your time to look into this issue.

Regards,
Chakri

#21 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

GM Oda,

Is there are any way or software u can offer for us Filipino/PRO players who are playing IRO and soon the new THOR server to reduce the latency or delay in the game. So much Lag for us.I dont known the reason. The root cause might be the distance between the Philippines and United States. Hope u can help us with this issue

Thank u very much.:)))

Try WTFast.

When I was visiting Thailand, I couldnt play thRO because everyone was too strong and pro (/gg), so I was forced to play iRO from Thailand. With WTFast, it did help a lot. I highly recommend this program because it does help.

#22 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

1. Some people over at the suggestion forum were wondering about the potential re-hashing of player loyalty events. Possibly with changed rewarding that stimulates playing. With the announced newsletter code redeemer item for the next month, this seems in-line with that on a longer basis. Such an event when executed right could net us more active players.
  2. April loading screen contest winners. [Reminder] The suspense is (to use the movie terms) murder.
  3. Could you please increase the amount of Kapha's on the Renewal 70+ Janeway map? The amount of mobs is very limited, and the amount of player competition high.

Edited by Daray, 07 April 2015 - 01:19 AM.

#23 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:23 AM

can we please have the chain lightning bug fixed?

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

2. is it still possible to claim 2 bloody branch consolation prize from that create a scene contest? xD

you should reach out to the event hosts too (Myzery and tatihana00)

Any update on when we are getting Nightmare Instances? I'm looking forward to OGH nightmare mode @..@

Oda mentioned that they should be getting data for Nightmare Clock Tower and Wave Mode dungeon soon; no mention of nightmare OGH though.

#25 8709131226200158117

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

Any word about VIP package for steam players?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users