4/8 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/8 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:50 AM

We are currently working on the next Classic Q2 Roadmap and determining dates and how the remaining goals set there will get scheduled out. 

Event

The Witch Pumpkin Hat's effects will be diminishing soon. Expect to have another headgear get similar limited time effects

St. Patrick's Quest extends to April 15th

Groove Pack leaves the Kafra Shop

April Lucky Box arrives

Update

Next part of Cursed Newbie Equipment quest goes in

Bug Fix

Easter Quest NPC missing from Rachel: After checking the scripting instead of Rachel (as indicated on irowiki) go to Hugel (165 110)

As of Monday, new players should no longer be getting speed debuffs when picking up the cursed armor

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:51 AM

Bug Fix
As of Monday, new players should no longer be getting speed debuffs when picking up the cursed armor

might wanna check on that

http://forums.warppo...r-cursed-armor/

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

might wanna check on that

http://forums.warppo...r-cursed-armor/

I talked with him ingame. It looked like he deleted the character so we couldn't test it. 

#4 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

patch-1-0-3-is-coming-sell-all-ias-items

#5 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

Event

The Witch Pumpkin Hat's effects will be diminishing soon. Expect to have another headgear get similar limited time effects

Nooooooooooo! D:

Good night, sweet hat. :(

#6 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

Event

are you guys trying to kill off the remaining population that this server has? cuz if so, great job! keep it up. make the new headgear  set cost KP to add insult to injury.

edit: that is an excellent question. since you guys are nerfing a kafra shop item, will we be reimbursed for the ones we purchased? i bought three as well. i also spent HOURS hunting 2500 needles of alarms to make the alarm mask.

Edited by Ecclesio, 07 April 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#7 Pantsu

Pantsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

Nerfing a cash shop item is.....I can't even explain. Will you be giving me back $15 for the three I bought for my accounts?

#8 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:28 AM

Event

I know this is just an advanced warning and I'm glad we're getting it instead of a stealth nerf, but you should absolutely consider removing that and only posting it when you have a replacement lined up. This is almost an essential item for anyone established on the server as it improves quality of life for PvM enormously. If you're going to replace it with another cash shop hat, you need to be clear that a lot of people are going to be not very happy (I still have a couple of hats sitting in boxes in storage I bought incase I wanted to put them on more accounts) as the hats have been in the Kafra Shop for a very long time. If your plan is instead to add some kind of a quest chain that leads to a free hat with a similar effect, lets hear it.

#9 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

Event

I desagree.

#10 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

What would be the replacement hat and effects? Pumpkin hat is pretty well balanced for eating up all headgear spots, so interested to see the difference between that and the new one.

#11 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

What would be the replacement hat and effects? Pumpkin hat is pretty well balanced for eating up all headgear spots, so interested to see the difference between that and the new one.

Do you want to how the difference?? They will put another cash item hat...

#12 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

Do you want to how the difference?? They will put another cash item hat...

Obviously, but what happens if it heals as much but only requires upper headgear slot? That would be cool.

#13 Jacob922

Jacob922

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

Forcing people to spend more money on wpe?? -.-

all 6 of my accounts have the set man cmon

#14 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:53 AM

Why?

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:18 PM

lol

don't you guys have bigger things to worry about than overpowered pumpkin healing? Most people bought the witch pumpkin hat because there was no indication that it was going away. This kafra shop insanity has to stop

p.s: stop ignoring my thread

#16 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Whats the point of this? Good job fixing things that dont need to be fixed.

#17 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:38 PM

think you posted in the wrong thread oda

http://forums.warppo...ic-maintenance/

#18 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Groove Pack leaves the Kafra Shop

April Lucky Box arrives

Update boxer please

#19 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

Event

Just so we're clear, really..?

I mean REALLY?!

You do realize this is going to be one of the last few nails in Classic's coffin, right?

I've literally built two toons around the WPH + Gozerian set, not to mention the usefulness of swapping masks out to heal, and now you're telling me that not only am I going to have to reset these toons out of my pocket due to the loss of the effects, but buy an entirely different set of kp items across three accounts?

And how the hell are we expected to find a priest to party with on a server where you can't get anyone to play, much less support?

Edited by ClickClickClick, 07 April 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#20 CloudyYun

CloudyYun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

can we get a update on the boxter?

#21 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:39 PM

You're Already 2 years late as for taking out the pumpkin hat effect. Don't you think most active players will be upset with this?

PS: Update boxter.

#22 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Event

Im with everyone else on this, what is the reasoning behind this?

I have several witch pumpkin hats because they are account bound and I had to pay real money to get these hats which are not a "seasonal" or an "event" item. Nowhere was it ever mentioned that the effects are not permanent. It is the go-to pvm item and you're seriously screwing with whats left of the tiny population you have on Classic.

If you're going to nerf this Kafra Shop item, whats the point for me to buy anything from the Kafra shop. This is pertaining mainly towards Lucky Boxes because you can go and say the effect was only temporary. Peace Pipe, Benevolent Guardian, Dress Hat, .. list goes on.

#23 Disenchanter

Disenchanter

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:47 PM

Event

Bad idea... everything will be fire...

#24 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:50 PM

Do you have any idea how much KP I, among many others, have spent on earning MULTIPLE +9 Witch Pumpkin Hats? No where on the description of the item does it even HINT at the notion that the effect were temporary.

Please listen to us: Do. Not. Do. This.

#25 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:54 PM

Im with everyone else on this, what is the reasoning behind this?

I have several witch pumpkin hats because they are account bound and I had to pay real money to get these hats which are not a "seasonal" or an "event" item. Nowhere was it ever mentioned that the effects are not permanent. It is the go-to pvm item and you're seriously screwing with whats left of the tiny population you have on Classic.

If you're going to nerf this Kafra Shop item, whats the point for me to buy anything from the Kafra shop. This is pertaining mainly towards Lucky Boxes because you can go and say the effect was only temporary. Peace Pipe, Benevolent Guardian, Dress Hat, .. list goes on.

It's not going to be a large reduction in the hat's power, the change won't be happening immediately and not before the new item is implemented. The new item that will be added will be obtained through a quest, not through the Kafra Shop. The issue is that this was a headgear that was available for a limited time, which is a disadvantage to new players. I wanted to have a mention in the patch notes a good amount of time before the actual change so people have time to prepare. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users