4/8 Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/8 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:55 PM

ITS STILL IN THE KAFRA SHOP STFU

#27 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

The issue is that this was a headgear that was available for a limited time, which is a disadvantage to new players. 

Witch Pumpkin Hat is still and has been available in the kafra shop since it first went in. It is still there and never left. It can be easy to get it confused with the Shadowmancer Hat, since they look similar.

There is no disadvantage to new players compared to old players when it comes to this hat. 

TBH, I am happy there will be one via quest and hope it only eats up 1 slot :)

Edit: Xellie 2 fast :(

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 07 April 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#28 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:59 PM

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. The headgear won't be changed. 

#29 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:01 PM

When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. The headgear won't be changed. 

You could still add in one via quest, similar to how we have KP version of s. mid and quest s. mid. The hat is fugly and I would love a different one to use (preferred only eating 1 slot for all the hard work due to a quest). :)

Pumpkin hat =/= kiwi (cute)

#30 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:04 PM

-yay-

Edited by Divine, 07 April 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#31 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

Please dont scrap ideas for an alternative hat, something different (especially quest based) would be welcome!

The hat was removed for a fairly short time from the shop, but slipped back in somewhere and has remained in since. Back then there were very regular changes to the shop (more than just groove packs/lucky boxes) and things tended to get forgotten about.

Sorry for being so abrupt, but it's a pretty big deal for us and I think we all just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened. Thanks again for making the post early on so we didnt get ninja patched and could sort it out.

#32 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:11 PM

. I wanted to have a mention in the patch notes a good amount of time before the actual change so people have time to prepare.

last time I heard that I needed aloe Vera for the burns

#33 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:27 PM

Please dont scrap ideas for an alternative hat, something different (especially quest based) would be welcome!

The hat was removed for a fairly short time from the shop, but slipped back in somewhere and has remained in since. Back then there were very regular changes to the shop (more than just groove packs/lucky boxes) and things tended to get forgotten about.

Sorry for being so abrupt, but it's a pretty big deal for us and I think we all just wanted to make sure nothing bad happened. Thanks again for making the post early on so we didnt get ninja patched and could sort it out.

We'd better thank that person who somehow put that hat back in! Else there would be hellfire everywhere!

#34 carloc

carloc

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

As of Monday, new players should no longer be getting speed debuffs when picking up the cursed armor

Oda, could you help me? I thought the Cursed Armor didn't give speed debuffs anymore, so I equipped it once again. My speed is down now, not that bad as it was before, but still bad.

My character name is Asodus.

#35 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Oda, could you help me? I thought the Cursed Armor didn't give speed debuffs anymore, so I equipped it once again. My speed is down now, not that bad as it was before, but still bad.

My character name is Asodus.

It's very very strange, there's still nothing in the scripting of the item itself that would cause this to happen. We were able to replicate this by creating 2 of the cursed armor and switching between them. Equipping and unequipping the Cursed armor seems to be what slows the character. It's possible that the game could be reading the "Curse" in the equipment name, we're going to try creating a new item with a different item name in the DB and give a chance for users to trade them in.  

#36 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:13 PM

It is a strange feeling to want to make suggestions to make the "perfect Classic" but then again one could argue that less change is better.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 08 April 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#37 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:14 PM

The issue is that this was a headgear that was available for a limited time, which is a disadvantage to new players

Nevermind, nevermind, responded to the first post without reading the rest of the thread, my bad.

Tho, this is a pretty good example of a good deal of the issues this game is facing. None of the GMs actually play and see what's going on, much less pay attention to what they've done to the game.

Edited by ClickClickClick, 07 April 2015 - 04:20 PM.

#38 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

wouldnt it be funny if the slow effect id and the armor id were the same and caused the problem?

#39 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:43 PM

wouldnt it be funny if the slow effect id and the armor id were the same and caused the problem?

The NPC prolly flags the characters themselves as cursed somehow, OR it could be that the effect is much like the amon ra card effect, where it isn't dispelled properly upon removal of the item and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Then again, amon ra's effect is dispelled when you relog isn't it?

#40 meichaofeng

meichaofeng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

Event

The Witch Pumpkin Hat's effects will be diminishing soon. Expect to have another headgear get similar limited time effects

I almost got heart attack reading this. 

Sorry but this is truly disappointing that you guys even confused WPH and Shadowmancer hat, as you are the ones with power to affect players' (WPE buyers' !!) experience -- and yet you are not familiar with items in game, especially this very significant item..... 

Welcome the idea that another headgear obtainable through quest will be coming. It will help bridge the gap between WPE buyers and more casual players. We who spent on WPE do need to be given advantages but not so much as to make non-spenders become pariahs in game, then quit altogether. 

Edited by meichaofeng, 07 April 2015 - 05:24 PM.

#41 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:47 PM

The Witch Pumpkin Hat's effects will be diminishing soon. Expect to have another headgear get similar limited time effects

I have a better idea than decreasing the effect of witch's pumpkin hat. Just increase the cost of pumpkins to something like 200z. I'd say that's fair when they heal about as much as mastela fruits, which cost like 10k on this server.

The hat's effect is pretty bizarre. Does it give like +10000% healing effect to pumpkins? I feel like that's something that should have been thought through before implemented. Once implemented for a good year, you can't really change it back. 15z healing items should never be used in place of and as effective as 10k healing items. Personally I'd be fine with a nerf to the hat though. I'm tired of everybody looking the same as each other.

#42 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

The NPC prolly flags the characters themselves as cursed somehow, OR it could be that the effect is much like the amon ra card effect, where it isn't dispelled properly upon removal of the item and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Then again, amon ra's effect is dispelled when you relog isn't it?

Checked this with a cursed armor generated on a GM account rather than the NPC. I put two on the character and switched between them and it certainly slowed the character down. It appears to be the equipment that causes it, not the NPC.  

We checked and the effect and item ID numbers didn't seem to be in conflict with other items or skills. Generating a new equipment instead is what we're going to try this week. 

#43 Ralfi

Ralfi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

You could still add in one via quest, similar to how we have KP version of s. mid and quest s. mid. The hat is fugly and I would love a different one to use (preferred only eating 1 slot for all the hard work due to a quest). :)

Pumpkin hat =/= kiwi (cute)

^ this.. i think you could still also add in another hat with a quest for the newbies or other players that prefer the other slots. Like apple in mouth to boost apple recovery or something..idk.. just giving an idea

#44 JackHall

JackHall

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:17 PM

Hello,

My Character is still bugged (Cursed Armor) as of now. Character name is Mike Hawke.

#45 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

:p_idea: thank you for not nerfing the headgear. :p_idea:

#46 InstaChamp

InstaChamp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

I have a better idea than decreasing the effect of witch's pumpkin hat. Just increase the cost of pumpkins to something like 200z. I'd say that's fair when they heal about as much as mastela fruits, which cost like 10k on this server.

The hat's effect is pretty bizarre. Does it give like +10000% healing effect to pumpkins? I feel like that's something that should have been thought through before implemented. Once implemented for a good year, you can't really change it back. 15z healing items should never be used in place of and as effective as 10k healing items. Personally I'd be fine with a nerf to the hat though. I'm tired of everybody looking the same as each other.

It's not that bizarre, it takes up all your headgear slots, rather to Mastela Fruit, which you can keep all your amazingly useful headgears :)

#47 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:45 PM

It's not that bizarre, it takes up all your headgear slots, rather to Mastela Fruit, which you can keep all your amazingly useful headgears :)

Most headgear slots usually aren't that important. I had a tough time deciding between double pharaoh and the pumpkin hat the other day.

Edited by squirreI, 07 April 2015 - 09:47 PM.

#48 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:50 AM

some things we're missing:

Magic Bible: it's supposed to be a 0.20% drop rate which is not even close to card drop rate.

I believe Gopinch is still nowhere to be seen in Moscovia dungeon.

Hell Apocalypse drop table is currently a copy of the Apocalypse's(minus the card).

and many items from New World:

#49 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:39 AM

Effects for Cursed Ring[0] 

Def/Mdef: 0

Only can be equipped by novice,  first and second class characters
+4 to all stats, stat bonus decreases by 1 for every 10 job levels to a minimum of +1
Can be placed in storage

Quest outline: 

Cursed Accessory Quest, continued from last week's update.

===STEP 4===

morocc_in (51, 166)

4_M_JOB_BLACKSMITH Name: Nabin Frake

Frake: Thanks for being so patient! A number of people who we had trying to help us with recovering the armor for you were cursed and we had to de-hex them.

Frake: The special thing about this armor is that it is a complete set of an ancient warrior's armor. When the warrior died, enemy generals each took a piece to their homelands.

Frake: We found the armor here in Morroc, but my colleagues report that the ancient warrior's ring was taken to Payon. You could walk or take a Kafra warp over there.

You: Is there anything I should know about this ring?

Frake: You'll have to talk with our contact in Payon. She's an assassin who has been searching the archives of Payon Castle for this ring.

You: Where is the castle?

Frake: It's directly to the north of the village. From the Kafra in town follow the path to the north until you get to the castle. She'll be in one of the side rooms in the palace, near a bookshelf.

Frake: I wish you luck.

===STEP 5===

payon_in03 (60 128)

4_F_JOB_ASSASSIN Name: Lexis Lugar

You: Hello there!

Lexis: Shh... I'm not exactly here invited! I have to admit I've kind of fallen in love with this town.

Lexis: Payon is one of the oldest towns on the continent! It's also home to the infamous Payon Cave dungeon, which is full of undead enemies. This makes it a useful place for Acolytes to train, as they can heal undead monsters to hurt them!

Lexis: Anyway, I was able to "liberate" this cursed ring from the archives here. Hopefully the Chief doesn't notice it's gone! Take it and get out before they figure out that it's gone!

You: Hopefully it'll be a little less curse-y than the armor.

Lexis: We're still searching for the next part of the armor so come talk to Doctor Jonze next week.

Next week: 

Shoes[1]

Have it class dependent.

Novice class, +100 hp
Mage class, use of level 1 heal
Aco class, +50% sp recovery
Thief class, +10 flee
Merchant class, increase potion recovery by 20%
Swordsman class, +200 hp
Archer class, +10 hit crit?

I'd like to have these shoes usable for second class characters as well, though perhaps with halved or reduced effects?

#50 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:05 AM

Not sure how it would work on second class shoes. I imagined giving them a pretty solid start to the game (a nice welcoming), well still forcing a decision on a player. Some of those effects are meant to be short term (1st class only) as to not kill the purpose of some cards/gear (example vita card for level 1 heal or MoH for gear or regeneration potion as consumable).

For shoes I would consider a "jack of all trades" type thing. I would do something like the following....

Jordan's (name of shoe)

4 defense, unupgradeable

+200 hp

+50 sp

+10% sp recovery rate

The + exact HP is helpful for lower level characters and still makes the value of +% hp cards/footgear retain value at higher levels/hp pools. The +200 exact HP is still less then the alarm card so it doesn't make that card more useless then it already is.

+50 sp is helpful for lower level characters and still makes the value of +% sp cards/footgear retain value at higher levels/sp pools. +15% from sohee will be much better once the player levels up.

The +10% sp recovery rate is helpful for everybody TBH. It isn't game breaking and it is still less then an eggrya card so that card wont be more useless then it already is.

I see it as giving somebody a piece of solid equipment to allow them to make it through to buying/hunting a more specific/better piece of gear that will benifit them a lot more. You could also do a level restriction on them, such as level 85.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users