35 replies to this topic

#1 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:13 AM

I think you should do someting regarding this, ive been waiting for more than 6hrs to complete the quest, ged rid of queen of destrcution, and still she cant show up, i think they are to many players farming this queen

#2 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:27 AM

It's even worse. The player who killed her can write down the time and can therefore foretell when she respawns.... it's a fix timer.

#3 ch3n

ch3n

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:50 AM

There are also guilds that hog the Queen with a representative per channel and jot down the time for the next respawn. Technically it doesn't violate any rules since its strategic.

Hence, those who hold the time gets the queen until

Spoiler

#4 krleinnn

krleinnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

Yeah what is up with that queen?!

#5 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

I play since june 2013 i never saw queen  :p_omg:

#6 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:20 AM

If you just want the quest and don't need the loot, most people are nice enough to let you into the group just for the hunt.  Queen spawns every 4 hrs, give or take up to 20 min.  Next time server is down (like today's maintenance) keep a close eye on when it comes up.  After the server is up, wait about 3.5 hrs and look for somebody waiting for the queen.  If you don't see anybody, then ask in normal chat for invite, explain that you just need queen for the quest (most queen farmers are stealths).  Good luck~ :3

#7 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

There are also guilds that hog the Queen with a representative per channel and jot down the time for the next respawn. Technically it doesn't violate any rules since its strategic.

Hence, those who hold the time gets the queen until

Spoiler

Lol... basically you can't HOG the queens, she woke up and you kissed her 1st then its yours. i always laugh at threads about queens from NA since 2013... till now i'm still finding it amusing.

#8 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:43 PM

There are literally 3 people who keep queens from being killed by anyone else, every time I freak see a queen in FF it's the same person killing it every time.

#9 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:04 PM

I farmed the queen with a group of guildies for all of a month before it got boring. Kept a neat little spreadsheet that let us all know the spawn time. Its like MVP farming in RO1 or other MMOs. Same could be said for the bosses in the Guild Vault dungeon.

#10 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:13 PM

We will bring the spawn time and rate for her up to development for them to review.

#11 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

It isn't that hard to get a sight of her, however getting the first hit with people pre-casting and hiding is a bit more tricky.  Some guild farming in groups are so bad that they will even taunt to reset your queen.  

If you really waited at one spot for 6 hrs and didn't see her, you must have fell asleep.  It only take 30 sec for a ML 20 to kill her, then loot everything / remove the body / change channel to get out of there.  If you are not at the spot for more than a minute given someone is camping, you could have missed it already.  I have seen people that afk in front of a queen and I killed it, got out of the scene as if nothing happened.  The person can keep waiting for another 3.5 hrs +.

Some more tips:

Like donchan said, after maintenance all the queens are up so if you are fast you could get one without waiting.  So just put your character at the queen spawn spot before maintenance to save the walking. Expect at least a few to be doing the same tho.  If you didn't get any queen after maintenance, wait 3.5 hours and go back to camp for up to 30 minutes.  The spawn time is anything from the 3rd hr + 31mins to 4th hr + 01 mins.  

If you want to avoid camper (just by a minute or 2 faster than them) and have up to 4 hrs to spend the day waiting for 1 queen.  Go wait at channel 10, it is harder for camper to camp there if/when other queens are going to spawn at other channels around the same waiting window. (used to be but now with the ability of multi-client ... idk)

The longer the time it is away from maintenance day, the more variation the spawn time of queen between channels can be.  You could try at random time on a Saturday or Sunday.  You might run into a few that are uncamped, simply because campers need sleep too.  On Monday when they were almost all died around the same time, they will respawn around the same time (within 30mins of one another).  As the "up to 30 mins variable respawn time" work it's way for a couple of days some queens will spawn away from the other queens spawn time which make it not worth farming for 1 and loss sleep.

To know if there are hiders around, try to listen to your surrounding environment (they can choose to make no sound, i do that) or use a buff pet like amigo to check.

Lastly, I assume you already have the crystal to remove her immunity, or know the way to kill her otherwise.

Talking from my experience, http://forums.warppo...-feeling-lucky/

I stopped farming her ages ago, blue seed getting cheap there are better things to do.  

Edited by Cartian, 20 April 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#12 leyhysteria

leyhysteria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationGlass Haven
  • Server:My Bed

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, there are people who are nice enough to let you in the party if you don't need the seeds, since basically they are farming queen for the seeds, I for one have a 'party' since I need the costume, so if a costume drops or head acc it is mine. the seeds are for them.

#13 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

if both the immortals and queens had the same drops mayb it would b less stressfull for every1. Also the respawn time should b reviewed. 3.5-4 hours for the queen makes it like u won a lotto if u spot the queen and u arent keeping timers.(removing immunity buff by stunning should b fixed if its a bug)

#14 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

well i finally got her after 3 days, the problem is that there is allways a group of ranger farming her, but im glad i finish the quest

#15 chaoosID

chaoosID

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:06 AM

well i finally got her after 3 days, the problem is that there is allways a group of ranger farming her, but im glad i finish the quest

congratz for your quest.. did you get kirkena costume or Argos Reins from QoD?

#16 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:09 AM

congratz for your quest.. did you get kirkena costume or Argos Reins from QoD?

HHQB6mN.png

the other day the Queen of Distraction begged me not to kill her and gave me 5 costumes... XD

#17 damond16

damond16

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

i got a crown, but it's useless for me it's for female and i cant sale or trade it

#18 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

We will bring the spawn time and rate for her up to development for them to review.

if both the immortals and queens had the same drops mayb it would b less stressfull for every1. Also the respawn time should b reviewed. 3.5-4 hours for the queen makes it like u won a lotto if u spot the queen and u arent keeping timers.(removing immunity buff by stunning should b fixed if its a bug)

IMO, a slightly lowered respawn time doesn't make it less likely for her to get camped & farmed. On the contrary: It just increased the possible income players can get this way. The same is true if the queen and the immortals would have the same drops.

I already added a ticket to fix the immunity bug. The idea behind it is that players would have to farm Immortals before they can farm the queen and would have to farm the portals, before they can farm the Immortals. That way, it gets more cumbersome to get enough crystals to kill the queen on multiple channels.

But in order to get this to work properly, ALL the respawn times (including the ones for the portals) ought to be fixed. And even then, it might still be advisable to make the conversion from shards to fully-restored crystals a quest rather than a trade/merchant option.

However, as this would "limit the possibility of players to improve their characters", I'm pretty sure that this would then cause complains by those who camp her. They would lose their source of income and it would be an inplicit nerf to get the costume. Since it's better to keep inbalances than to anger players, the bug will probably stay, but the respawn time will vanish.

#19 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

IMO, a slightly lowered respawn time doesn't make it less likely for her to get camped & farmed. On the contrary: It just increased the possible income players can get this way. The same is true if the queen and the immortals would have the same drops.

Well  if the queen dropped just 1 rune like the immortals i am pretty sure she wont get camped other than for the costume and ride. On the other hand if the drops were the same for both immortals and queens then she wouldnt b camped even for those drops. N its kinda unfair that female drops r limited to 10 chances in roughly 4 hours while male ones r like 40 across 10 channels in approx half n hour

#20 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:14 AM

there was a period of time they fixed the immunity bug of Immortal and Queens, pre-AoV... but then bring it back few patches after AoV introduced, and changed the status of Queens and Immortals to normal mobs in order for them to get stunned using pets or skills. i'm sure it was intended.

the spawning time for queens was 7~8hrs when it was introduced, but after few months they introduced an event to reduce spawn time to halve, but after the event period they keep the spawn time and didnt change it back since. IMO, regular queen hunter, 4hrs is a fair timing, should only make it longer but not shorter. for you ppls who say its hard to get queens, my advice for you is learn how to play the game, from level1 to 50, understand the game basic, because every comment of they cant see the queen really made me laugh.

better and feasible suggestion should be making kirkena costume and hat, as well as argos rein tradeable.

Edited by Amilus, 22 May 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#21 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

Queen's limited appearances assert the relevancy of her fat drops.

#22 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

Well  if the queen dropped just 1 rune like the immortals i am pretty sure she wont get camped other than for the costume and ride. On the other hand if the drops were the same for both immortals and queens then she wouldnt b camped even for those drops. N its kinda unfair that female drops r limited to 10 chances in roughly 4 hours while male ones r like 40 across 10 channels in approx half n hour

Well, there we have a different opinion.

IMO, as long as the queen drops runes, she will be camped. Simply because it doesn't take that long to defeat her. So just 'park' an alt there and you can at least earn some extra zennies. That's why even the Immortals are hunted... (although the queen is easier//faster)

If you limit the drop (or increase the respawn time as Amilus suggested), you didn't change the amount of time a player has to spend to defeat the queen, you just limited the number of repititions // reward and with it the value of the item drop. Sure, prices can't go up indefinitely as even the seeds compete with other options to improve a characters or to earn some extra zennies. So sure, players might eventually look for more profitable ways to spend their time, but I doubt that such a scenario is that likely.

So IMO, the only true way is to limit the possibilities for a single player AND to increase the time spent to prepare for the fight in order to get the loot. That's why I suggested to fix the 'immunity' bug, including the respawn time for the portals (would be a help for the gather quest near the portal as well). Now, it doesn't matter that much how often the queen respawns... or whether you can kill her in under 30sec or not... it matters more, if you are willing to close enough portals first in order to be able to fight an Immortal so that you can eventually fight the Queen. A single drop from the queen might then require 10min+ to get the crystals as compared to the few seconds you need now.

Edited by Greven79, 27 May 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#23 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:26 PM

to remove immunity "bug" will create domination of queens i'm assure, and those immortal hunters will cry out loud. still what my advice to those who cant get to see the queen, learn how to play the game.

#24 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

to remove immunity "bug" will create domination of queens i'm assure, and those immortal hunters will cry out loud. still what my advice to those who cant get to see the queen, learn how to play the game.

What does the "learn how to play" have to do with this? If a Queen is camped and killed in a few seconds, and spawns exactly 4 hours after it was killed, there's no way to find a Queen without knowing when it died or camping a single spot for hours. And that's honestly bull-_- when you need it for a quest.

The bug is real, and should be fixed. It's not like it's hard to get the crystals needed, it just adds to the preparation part, and you can easily do it in the time between spawns (of course risking losing the spawn during that time, but that's how it's meant to be). Even so, I don't think it would be bad to reduce the spawn time for it IF they fix the bug first.

Personally, I hate that they gave those drops to a Quest monster with such a high respawn. Even if the quest isn't important at this point, It's super stupid to give players a reason to camp a monster that takes hours to respawn when it's needed for a quest. And the "some groups will party you if you let them loot" is not the solution, specially when we know it's not unlikely that someone sets a bot there.

#25 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

What does the "learn how to play" have to do with this? If a Queen is camped and killed in a few seconds, and spawns exactly 4 hours after it was killed, there's no way to find a Queen without knowing when it died or camping a single spot for hours. And that's honestly bull-_- when you need it for a quest.

The bug is real, and should be fixed. It's not like it's hard to get the crystals needed, it just adds to the preparation part, and you can easily do it in the time between spawns (of course risking losing the spawn during that time, but that's how it's meant to be). Even so, I don't think it would be bad to reduce the spawn time for it IF they fix the bug first.

Personally, I hate that they gave those drops to a Quest monster with such a high respawn. Even if the quest isn't important at this point, It's super stupid to give players a reason to camp a monster that takes hours to respawn when it's needed for a quest. And the "some groups will party you if you let them loot" is not the solution, specially when we know it's not unlikely that someone sets a bot there.

from what you written i know exactly that you know nothing about queen hunting, of course i wont tell anything about what i know and you obviously dont understand. and my advice to you go find out the fact by yourself before posting here, not only by understanding what is the meaning of the words in patchnotes or what others said, in short, dont mislead ppls with info you dont even know its true. "learn how to play the game" is generally saying you have to know overall how this game works. fellow queen hunters will understand what i said, because we are laughing at ppls who cant find a queen.

the so-called immunity "bug" certainly was intended, queen and immortal are not BOSSes, they have normal monster status, so it should not be a bug. fixing the immunity removal method wont help, it will only made the situation worst, you think most of the time we killing queen using pet? nope... 60~80% of queens killed using crystals and also rogues' skill.

i used to help ppls who want to do quest by partying them, but since my last 2 attempts failed miserably(they were so eager to quit party before i even start looting), i'm starting to ignore those cries. and go set a bot there if you can, i dont think it will ever work there.

Edited by StormHaven, 27 May 2015 - 11:19 AM.
Using another players name as in insult.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users