Clan Update - Details - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Clan Update - Details

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#51 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

Should do an event where the first clan to expand their clan to whatever number first gets a prize. Like when the first clan to lvl their clan to purple got tshirts. I would like a tshirt, js.

I like, and I dislike this idea, -- 
5 players only to get a t-shirt is sad.

#52 Arckadia

Arckadia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

Fisrt clan to reach Clan Expansion level 20 means 95 players could get a t-shirt.
Since leveling will be faster if you invite new members for each Clan Expansion level gained.

#53 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:17 AM

But to say you are being forced to join a clan, no. No one if forcing you, you don't need to. You also don't need to PvP. If you don't want PvP, don't. 

I'm one of the few players who does PVP especially in GA PVP but i don't want to join a clan because its my kind of gameplay. Now with all those clan stat bonuses and me still wanting to be the top of every game(which i've been doing over the years) it would be without a doubt forcing me to join clans just so i can still be one of the best performers in GA PVP

Edited by MarK1789, 23 April 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#54 ExileSean

ExileSean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:The only one

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:25 AM

I'm one of the few players who does PVP especially in GA PVP but i don't want to join a clan because its my kind of gameplay. Now with all those clan stat bonuses and me still wanting to be the top of every game(which i've been doing over the years) it would be without a doubt forcing me to join clans just so i can still be one of the best performers in GA PVP

Nah man, that's still a choice of your own. you want to be on top of the game. the game isn't forcing you into a clan. if it were forcing you it'd stop you from doing PvP.  sure the bonuses are nice and all but why complain? there's more than likely going to be dailies for PvP junkies not to mention you could just go into a PvP guild and just leech off the bonuses you don't HAVE to talk to them. (unless they have such rules)

Silly complaints asside, glad to hear clans are getting a nice update. maybe eventualy the return of old CW? :D would love to see that stuff back in action with more polish of course.

Edited by ExileSean, 23 April 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#55 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

consider it a tool, not a limitation. mark

#56 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:25 AM

I really think farming clan points and it having an effect in PVP is ridiculous. Actually, I am not looking forward to any of this now that I see the direction it's going. Oh well, not like I'm being forced to play/participate in this anyway.

Edited by Leeny, 23 April 2015 - 06:29 AM.

#57 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:36 AM

Fisrt clan to reach Clan Expansion level 20 means 95 players could get a t-shirt.
Since leveling will be faster if you invite new members for each Clan Expansion level gained.

Fair enough, just saying though, any clan with a wise CM isn't going to prioratize 100 members over other things they could have, to assist faster leveling. 

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:46 AM

you fail to understand how many people 100 is. the number seems trivial, but even a 25/75 split [pvm/pvp] will still be significantly more effective then our current system with a 50player max. essentially you got 25 more pvp player slots, and a free 25 pvm player slots to keep your perks up. I fail to see how that's a bad thing. 

#59 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

There are pros and cons for every player or clan and trying to figure out what is best for the majority is what the Devs have to do.  It may not be too hard to have just you in your clan and farm to get the skills, we don't know for sure yet.  It will all have to be tried out.  And there has always been an advantage to having more active members in your clan or as your friends.  More to help with leveling, more to help in wars, more around to tell you how to do a quest or something, etc.  This update will at least give you, as a clan, something else to do and ways to improve your clan, which has been lacking for years.  And the good part is that once you are over 50 players you can have mains and alts in the same clan and not feel as though you are taking away slots from others that want to join.  I have always hated to tell people that they can't join because we are full or that we can't put our alts in the clan because there are so many mains.

#60 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:04 AM

I don't want to be neagtive and say these stats dosen't work. Am 150% sure to give these stats a try. But how I read it now it looks like clan players will have a advantage in 1 vs 1. But I can be wrong :)

#61 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 07:31 AM

Isn't the essense/core of an MMORPG [massively multiplayer online role playing game] to interact with other people? If you really dislike 'having' to play with people and make friends, then go play a console game. This is not the environment for you if you want to play lone star range and expect to be top rank or top competition. 

#62 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

If a clan skill is learned by the clan leader, will any subsequent members that join afterward receive the passive bonus too?

#63 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

If a clan skill is learned by the clan leader, will any subsequent members that join afterward receive the passive bonus too?

If this is to work properly, yes. 
This means that if you leave your clan, and join a different clan/different passives, the clan skills that will be displayed in alt + n (which was removed, about 4 years ago, to finally be brought back)  --- is what you, and that entire clan will always share, until you leave the clan. 

#64 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Oh I wasn't aware they released those details Canehda, can you link the source to where they said that, I'd like to review it. 

#65 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

Sources; 
Max SEN 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 23 April 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#66 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

In other words, you're talking out your wazoo again. 

#67 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

Leo, you stated: 

3. Rank, will have an impact on what kind of access will be granted to each member, including access to learning skills.

Questions

1. Will we have a set amount of people that can be a certain rank still?  Right now you can only have 3 DM, so many captains, veterans, etc. per max clan grade with 50 people.  In the new update will we be able to make as many as we want DM, Captain or whatever the ranks will be?  Will I be able to make all my members DMs for example?  
  2. will we be able to assign "properties" or functions allowed or not allowed per rank?  For example can I make one of my DMs able to kick clan members?  Will only DMs still be able to add to the clan or can I, as master, allow different people different abilities like adding members, doing things with clan skills, etc.?
  3. Right now if a member has been AWOL for a long time or has been reported to be causing issues I am able to  put them as red rookies.  We use that as a way to let those members know that they are the next to be kicked if we have to make room or that they need to talk to me or a DM.  Will we have any system like that in the update?
  4. Can you tell us what you mean by ranks what kind of access you mean for different ranks and what they can do with skills?  An example would be fine if you can't give out the specifics yet.
  5. Are there plans to making a clan storage for materials?  If the crafting update ever comes out and things are made worthwhile to craft again, the clan can put materials in a clan bank/storage for the clan crafters to use.

Edited by Bendersmom, 23 April 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#68 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

In other words, you're talking out your wazoo again. 

Does it make any sense for it to work any other way? - 
The way it works, is in clan, you have passive, leave clan, loose passive, join clan, get passive. 
Why would it work any other way? 
The skills are learned in the clan skill 'tree' - it has little to do with the individuals passives on their skill tab. all clan skills, are reflected on the clan skill tab, by pressing ALT +N, and going to the Clan Skill tab. Those skills reflects on all clan current clan members, as well as, to be members. 

I'm not trying to 'talk out my wazoo' or, nothing like that, but clan skills was discussed briefly 3-5 years ago, (when people asked for them, and devs said they will come eventually, but had higher priority things to do, In the mean time, they removed the clan skill tab from ALT  + N) 

I am basing my answer on logic, and sense. -- It's nonesense to work any other way, I know phish is a smart person, I don't understand why he would believe differently, if he could justify his logic for his reasoning of the question, sure, maybe I can see why the question would make sense... 

Anyway, I was hoping that the 30 day passives could be just bought from IM-- The only thing this update brings to the IM table, is I guess farming medals they will introduce? Or maybe he was talking about existing drop medals. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 23 April 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#69 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

I'm really looking forward to this new clan system. Pvp doesn't interest me at all but I can see with the clan skills that pvp clans will be using some strategy when choosing what to do with their cp.   For players who prefer not to join a real clan, they could always make their own clan and earn those pvp skills too. Now that all clans will have the same color name, no one will be able to tell whether you are in a clan of your alts or a clan with other people and no one will know how many cp you have.

I love the fact that now finally we can put all of our clerics, artisans and other alts into one clan if we want. It's also great that all clannies can contribute to the clan points without having to be brought into a clanfield by a higher ranking member. People that want to farm cp in the clanfields still have that option so those that were looking forward to warring against others for cp can go for it.

Bendersmom asked the questions that I have been wondering about and I'm looking forward to the answers to them. Overall, I think this is going to be a very good change. Certainly there will be no excuse for saying "I'm bored" in-game with this new clan system to be working on. :P

#70 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

Isn't the essense/core of an MMORPG [massively multiplayer online role playing game] to interact with other people? If you really dislike 'having' to play with people and make friends, then go play a console game. This is not the environment for you if you want to play lone star range and expect to be top rank or top competition. 

ever heard of rogue players in MMORPG's?

I'm pretty sure there's at least a few in every MMORPG's out there both old and new

Edited by MarK1789, 23 April 2015 - 03:27 PM.

#71 ExileSean

ExileSean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:47 PM

ever heard of rogue players in MMORPG's?

I'm pretty sure there's at least a few in every MMORPG's out there both old and new

i understand this is targeted at Feurer, but even still. i've seen plenty of rogue players in my time of mmo's but even then they would normaly welcome changes like this and just go with the flow. clans give bonuses? just join one that has no real communication in the first place. it's just there as a stat battery. it's what i plan on doing. And if it doesn't exist i'll make one simple as that.

Edited by ExileSean, 23 April 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#72 sc1991

sc1991

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

Every1 Just Kill Lowbie farming(Clan Point) character and run away hahaha

seems very nice to me unless there is no protection from high level character

if there is no people to do then it i will do with my friends haha wiith team up raider/scout

Please, People dont be mad

Edited by sc1991, 23 April 2015 - 03:56 PM.

#73 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

i understand this is targeted at Feurer, but even still. i've seen plenty of rogue players in my time of mmo's but even then they would normaly welcome changes like this and just go with the flow. clans give bonuses? just join one that has no real communication in the first place. it's just there as a stat battery. it's what i plan on doing. And if it doesn't exist i'll make one simple as that.

yeah that's what i'm planning to do if this gets implemented, to join a clan that has all the permanent skills but w/o real communication.. i respect your opinion but also please understand that there are players who only wants their character name above their character's head displayed for some reasons.

Edited by MarK1789, 23 April 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#74 ExileSean

ExileSean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

yeah that's what i'm planning to do if this gets implemented, to join a clan that has all the permanent skills but w/o real communication.. i respect your opinion but also please understand that there are players who only wants their character name above their character's head displayed for some reasons.

Maybe we can get them to implement a "Hide clan" feature? get a choice to represent a clan or not but still get bonuses from it. seems like such a feature would be a nice halfway point for those with similar opinions.

#75 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Maybe we can get them to implement a "Hide clan" feature? get a choice to represent a clan or not but still get bonuses from it. seems like such a feature would be a nice halfway point for those with similar opinions.

Would be good for the type of players like me.. though i'm sure majority of the community will disagree so nah..

Edited by MarK1789, 23 April 2015 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users