Clan Update - Details - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Clan Update - Details

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#76 ExileSean

ExileSean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:The only one

Posted 23 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Would be good for the type of players like me.. though i'm sure majority of the community will disagree so nah..

Well compromise needs to to start somewhere and that seems like the perfect solution then again it's up to the staff themselves to decide whether or not a feature like that is worth the extra effort.

#77 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Well compromise needs to to start somewhere and that seems like the perfect solution then again it's up to the staff themselves to decide whether or not a feature like that is worth the extra effort.

I personally I don't think that feature should be implimented, just me tho, 
For reasons that I have. 

#78 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

I just really think it's not good to have these clan bonuses to be in effect on GAME ARENA PVP Games.. sure it's makes sense that clans with the most activity and teamwork will be dominant, but it should be limited outside GAME ARENA PVP, it's fair enough that those with the best clan is the most dominant in TG Wars, DG, Boss hunts and whatsoever

Or you can make a pvp game in GA where Clan Masters can que their clan and all those who are online in their clan and will accept the invitation will be brought inside the PVP Arena to battle it out with other clans in que.. This way.. clan bonuses will have more sense on a GAME ARENA PVP.

#79 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

Hello folks! Been a while since I was gone, good to see some familiar names still active here. Looking forward to the new update and see what it does. Good to finally see more functions are being added to the clan system :) I just have a few questions I wanna throw on the table. 

1) This "Clan Point Medal" we are talking about. How do we acquire them ? Can we assume that they will require Zulies to purchase Instead of IM? [ Won't you agree this is the perfect opportunity to use this as a Zulie Sink? ] 

2) The permanent skill trees that grant +1 stat per level gained and max at level 10. IMHO, 10% bonus isn't really a bonus. More like a permanent booster if you ask me. Wouldn't it be more logical to just cap it at Level 5 , giving a max of 5%? Do these effect stack with Boosters btw? 

3) Seeing how everyone will be running around the field now and collect clan points ( good job on this btw ^_^ ) , is there any fail safe policy that prevents people from botting while farming ? We all know where this is going and its only the matter of time before threads start popping out about botters. 

4) Upkeep skills -  why the need for Upkeep skills when there are already permanent passives? How long do these effect last when used anyway? It seems that clans now will effectively dictate the outcome of battles by mere clan skills alone. How do you make sure that players earn their clan skills the fair way ? Which brings me back to question number 3, what can you do to prevent bots? 

I do welcome this update with open arms, I think this is probably the best thing we've seen so far in so many years. However, upon reading the first post, I can't help but to feel that this update is also a desperate attempt to keep us locked to a goal while WP is coming out with new content. I don't mind the purpose, all games do that. But I do mind the fact that most of these new clan functions seemed to be too combat oriented. New players already find it difficult to catch up to individual veteran players, now with this implementation, new clans with new players inside will find it even more difficult to be up to par. 

A clan system shouldn't have that much power in determining the outcome of the battle. I can agree with the PVM but why the PVP part? Does anyone think that Rose Online at this moment didn't already have enough PVP complimentary items? 

I suggest the following better enhance the clan functions. 

1) Certain amount of Clan Points = Unlock Clan Storage , Max at level 10. Each Level grants 5-10 slots. 
2) Certain amount of Clan Points = Increases Refinery Success rate, Max at Level 5. Each Level grants 0.5% success rate. 
3) Certain amount of Clan Points = Increases Crafting Success rate, Max at Level 10. Each Level grants 0.5% Success rate.
4) Certain amount of Clan Points = Decreases Refining Cost, Max at Level 10, Each Level grants 1% discount.
5) Certain amount of Clan Points = Emergency Recall, Max at Level 5. Allows Clan Master to summon clan members to his location. Cooldown 30 Minutes. Each Level decreases cooldown by 2 Minutes. 

6) Certain amount of Clan Points = Increases Weight Capacity, Max at Level 5. Each Level grants 2% Individual weight capacity. 

There are many more possibilities of new clan functions that could have replaced the existing Upkeep skills. Wars in Rose Online are generally fast in speed, any of the upkeep skills that last longer than 2-3 seconds could throw the entire battle into nothing more than imbalance. 

I do agree that the existing skills as listed are good addition. 

• table Training - Grants a +5% boost to Mount Movement Speed (current maximum is 5 levels)
  • Clan Heal - Allows each clan member access to an AoE Heal, that will only target/effect Clan Members, and restore 5% MaxHP per level. (current maximum is 5 levels)
  • Clan Expansion - Expands your Clan Roster amount by 5 per level. (current maximum is 20 levels)
  • Clan Experience - Grants a bonus to experience earnings to your Clan Members while adventuring, 1% per level. (current maximum is 10 levels)
  • Clan Resurrect - Allows the clan to have access to a mass Resurrect spell, that will only affect Clan Members in range, but the cooldown is shared to the clan.
  • Common Drop Bonus +50% Common Drop Bonus
  • Uncommon Drop Bonus - +30% Uncommon Drop Bonus
  • Rare Drop Bonus - +20% Rare Drop Bonus
  • Very Rare Drop Bonus - +15% Very Rare Drop Bonus
  • Epic Drop Bonus - +5% Epic Drop Bonus
  • Legendary Drop Bonus - +2% Legendary Drop Bonus

Peace! :D 

#80 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

Hello folks! Been a while since I was gone, good to see some familiar names still active here. Looking forward to the new update and see what it does. Good to finally see more functions are being added to the clan system :) I just have a few questions I wanna throw on the table. 

1) This "Clan Point Medal" we are talking about. How do we acquire them ? Can we assume that they will require Zulies to purchase Instead of IM? [ Won't you agree this is the perfect opportunity to use this as a Zulie Sink? ] 

2) The permanent skill trees that grant +1 stat per level gained and max at level 10. IMHO, 10% bonus isn't really a bonus. More like a permanent booster if you ask me. Wouldn't it be more logical to just cap it at Level 5 , giving a max of 5%? Do these effect stack with Boosters btw? 

3) Seeing how everyone will be running around the field now and collect clan points ( good job on this btw ^_^ ) , is there any fail safe policy that prevents people from botting while farming ? We all know where this is going and its only the matter of time before threads start popping out about botters. 

4) Upkeep skills -  why the need for Upkeep skills when there are already permanent passives? How long do these effect last when used anyway? It seems that clans now will effectively dictate the outcome of battles by mere clan skills alone. How do you make sure that players earn their clan skills the fair way ? Which brings me back to question number 3, what can you do to prevent bots? 

I do welcome this update with open arms, I think this is probably the best thing we've seen so far in so many years. However, upon reading the first post, I can't help but to feel that this update is also a desperate attempt to keep us locked to a goal while WP is coming out with new content. I don't mind the purpose, all games do that. But I do mind the fact that most of these new clan functions seemed to be too combat oriented. New players already find it difficult to catch up to individual veteran players, now with this implementation, new clans with new players inside will find it even more difficult to be up to par. 

A clan system shouldn't have that much power in determining the outcome of the battle. I can agree with the PVM but why the PVP part? Does anyone think that Rose Online at this moment didn't already have enough PVP complimentary items? 

1) Certain amount of Clan Points = Unlock Clan Storage , Max at level 10. Each Level grants 5-10 slots. 
2) Certain amount of Clan Points = Increases Refinery Success rate, Max at Level 5. Each Level grants 0.5% success rate. 
3) Certain amount of Clan Points = Increases Crafting Success rate, Max at Level 10. Each Level grants 0.5% Success rate.
4) Certain amount of Clan Points = Decreases Refining Cost, Max at Level 10, Each Level grants 1% discount.
5) Certain amount of Clan Points = Emergency Recall, Max at Level 5. Allows Clan Master to summon clan members to his location. Cooldown 30 Minutes. Each Level decreases cooldown by 2 Minutes. 

6) Certain amount of Clan Points = Increases Weight Capacity, Max at Level 5. Each Level grants 2% Individual weight capacity. 

There are many more possibilities of new clan functions that could have replaced the existing Upkeep skills. Wars in Rose Online are generally fast in speed, any of the upkeep skills that last longer than 2-3 seconds could throw the entire battle into nothing more than imbalance. 

• table Training - Grants a +5% boost to Mount Movement Speed (current maximum is 5 levels)
  • Clan Heal - Allows each clan member access to an AoE Heal, that will only target/effect Clan Members, and restore 5% MaxHP per level. (current maximum is 5 levels)
  • Clan Expansion - Expands your Clan Roster amount by 5 per level. (current maximum is 20 levels)
  • Clan Experience - Grants a bonus to experience earnings to your Clan Members while adventuring, 1% per level. (current maximum is 10 levels)
  • Clan Resurrect - Allows the clan to have access to a mass Resurrect spell, that will only affect Clan Members in range, but the cooldown is shared to the clan.

This is a golden post and needs to be saved.  I agree with 95% of what is said here.  The 5% I don't agree on is to not have the PvP bonus but you said yourself that just making it 5% would be enough which I would be completely okay with ^^.  May I suggest that also that dungeon skills would also be a great help.   For ex: 10% defense boost in dungeons.  Something like that wouldn't be horrible.

#81 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Since the drop bonuses don't work in the dungeons then dungeon specific skills would be good.  Defense booster and a drop rate bonus would be nice.

#82 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:25 AM

This is a golden post and needs to be saved.  I agree with 95% of what is said here.  The 5% I don't agree on is to not have the PvP bonus but you said yourself that just making it 5% would be enough which I would be completely okay with ^^.  May I suggest that also that dungeon skills would also be a great help.   For ex: 10% defense boost in dungeons.  Something like that wouldn't be horrible.

Since the drop bonuses don't work in the dungeons then dungeon specific skills would be good.  Defense booster and a drop rate bonus would be nice.

uhm

• PvM Offense - +10% PvM Offense
  • PvM Defense - +10% PvM Defense
  • Clan Power - +10% Attack Power
  • Clan Defense +10% Defense & Magic Defense
  • Clan Accuracy - +10% Accuracy
  • Clan Dodge - +10% Dodge
  • Clan Recovery - +10% Received HP & MP Effectiveness (all sources)
  • Stun Resistance - +10% Stun Resistance
  • Silence Resistance 10% Silence Resistance
  • Sleep Resistance - +10% Sleep Resistance

Read the notes next time.... seriously. ^ all of those apply to Dungeons.... 

#83 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:46 AM

Oh thank you Feuer for pointing that out (sarcasm)....I did read all of the notes.  I was under the impression that drop bonuses do not work right in the dungeons. Guess I am wrong. It happens sometimes. And I would assume then that the PVM bonuses, Def, off, etc would also work in the dungeons so no reason to add any clan skills specific for the dungeons.

Edited by Bendersmom, 24 April 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#84 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:54 AM

1: The drop bonus' do

2: The buffs should, dungeons are an official PvM content, if my courage set offense + defense works, it's only safe to say the clan one will too.. or else it'd be absolutely useless for all end game PvM players. 

#85 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:22 PM

The Clan Point Medals are like the Experience Medals, and will be offered through the Item Mall.
And no, I don't think it would be a good zulie sink. A "zulie sink" isn't what's needed as that makes it sound like a one time thing. Creating something that offers something for zulie that can give a reward or exchange for it in the form of enjoyment is something I would prefer to work on implementing for the community.

For the base stat bonuses, it isn't 10% it is +10.
These skills are considered passives, just like they were character passives, but provided through the clan.

The Clan Field is not the only place you can gain Clan Points. You will be able to earn Clan Points through normal leveling, defeating normal monsters, so long as they are within your level range. The Clan Fields will continue to provide Clan Points in the same manner they currently do, but those will now be considered additional Clan Point Bonuses, while normally defeating the monster would give you Clan Points as well. You will no longer be forced in to a PvP location, in the Clan Fields, in order to progress your clan's strength.

There will be a penalty to earned Clan Points based on a level difference, which will be similar to experience, but harsher to the extent you can earn no Clan Points on monsters too low compared to your level.

Botting is still not allowed and can result in a permanent suspension.

4) Upkeep skills - why the need for Upkeep skills when there are already permanent passives? How long do these effect last when used anyway? It seems that clans now will effectively dictate the outcome of battles by mere clan skills alone. How do you make sure that players earn their clan skills the fair way ? Which brings me back to question number 3, what can you do to prevent bots?

Because of the nature of the bonuses, it was felt that they could serve as a benefit that only active clans should benefit from. The permanent clan passives offer a minor bonus, in comparison, and act as a long term benefit to work towards for your clan to achieve.

As stated, the Upkeep passives would last for a 30 day period once learned, and if learned additionally would extend the timer for an additional 30 days.

While I can understand your viewpoint, it is a bit exaggerated from our perspective. These benefits are small, compared to some benefits and bonuses you get as a class, buff or skill, and available for all clans to obtain over time. This is an MMORPG. The idea of this update is to give more towards that fact, where there are benefits to being part of a group, and work together for a common goal for one another. While we can appreciate those who with to solo, we still have to face the fact that this is a game designed for multi-player.

While these skills can help benefit the able bodied clan that works together, they do not dictate the outcome of battles. There are still many other factors to consider. A single clan member with all the benefits of the clan skills, will still not defeat a team working together.

• table Training - Grants a +5% boost to Mount Movement Speed (current maximum is 5 levels)
  • Clan Heal - Allows each clan member access to an AoE Heal, that will only target/effect Clan Members, and restore 5% MaxHP per level. (current maximum is 5 levels)
  • Clan Expansion - Expands your Clan Roster amount by 5 per level. (current maximum is 20 levels)
  • Clan Experience - Grants a bonus to experience earnings to your Clan Members while adventuring, 1% per level. (current maximum is 10 levels)
  • Clan Resurrect - Allows the clan to have access to a mass Resurrect spell, that will only affect Clan Members in range, but the cooldown is shared to the clan.
  • Common Drop Bonus - +50% Common Drop Bonus
  • Uncommon Drop Bonus - +30% Uncommon Drop Bonus
  • Rare Drop Bonus - +20% Rare Drop Bonus
  • Very Rare Drop Bonus - +15% Very Rare Drop Bonus
  • Epic Drop Bonus - +5% Epic Drop Bonus
  • Legendary Drop Bonus - +2% Legendary Drop Bonus

While I can appreciate your suggestions, they are not supported right now and offering some of those features would still open the argument that clan benefits "dictate" one thing or another over a non-clan player. There is no "winning" against the idea that being in a clan with several of the skills learned, will ever be comparable against someone not in a clan. But that is the advantage you are gaining with being part of a group. And that is the point. We are rewarding those who with to play as a group on some level and give them goals to work towards and achieve.

Oh thank you Feuer for pointing that out (sarcasm)....I did read all of the notes.  I was under the impression that drop bonuses do not work right in the dungeons. Guess I am wrong. It happens sometimes. And I would assume then that the PVM bonuses, Def, off, etc would also work in the dungeons so no reason to add any clan skills specific for the dungeons.

In relationship to the boss reward drops, no they do not because those are guaranteed drops, not a chance off the drop table.

A different system handles the distribution to those boss reward drops.

However, if the boss has a standard drop table, it would apply to those. ;)

#86 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:32 AM

This is actually EXACTLY what the Devs should be doing. This whole Increasing STATS and everything that's related to combat is not something i consider a good idea though I understand why it's being done. I don't believe upgrading in a clan should EVER effect combat.. Thats how I see it, I could give more input by Val already did but it was basically brushed off. Devs you really need to consider this post that Val put his time and thought into.

Edited by Leeny, 25 April 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#87 lisent

lisent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

just clan field in junon and luna that mobs drop clan point? or every monster drop that clan point?

#88 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

just clan field in junon and luna that mobs drop clan point? or every monster drop that clan point?

After the merge, the new clan system will be in place and at that time, you will be able to get clan points from fighting regular monsters as well as from the two clan fields. However you will get less clan points from fighting mobs that are below your level.  This is what Leo said in the first post

Earning Clan Points will be similar to Experience

1. There is a level difference penalty for defeating monsters that are lower level than you are.
    • Yellow, Red, Orange, Pink or Purple monsters, will give their normal Clan Points
    • Green monsters will be reduced by half their normal rate.
    • Blue & Light Blue monsters will have a special condition set for them.
      • If you ARE NOT using a Clan Point Medal and/or have Premium bonuses, these monsters WILL NOT yield Clan Points.
      • If you ARE using a Clan Point Medal and/or have Premium bonuses, these monsters WILL yield Clan Points at a very low rate, compared to a normal monster's yield.
  2. When not in a party, will be split proportionately based on damage done to monster.
  3. When in a party, clan points will be boosted (based on party size) and divided amongst the party.
  4. Enhancements, such as Premium or Clan Point Medals, will enhance Clan Points earned based on the above.

The type of monster will designate how many clan points can be earned, where the type of monster is what will dictate the amount of Clan Points it will yield.

#89 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:16 PM

i stil lwant an answer to the question about getting CP in Dungeons... 

#90 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

Leo, you stated: 

3. Rank, will have an impact on what kind of access will be granted to each member, including access to learning skills.

Questions

1. Will we have a set amount of people that can be a certain rank still?  Right now you can only have 3 DM, so many captains, veterans, etc. per max clan grade with 50 people.  In the new update will we be able to make as many as we want DM, Captain or whatever the ranks will be?  Will I be able to make all my members DMs for example?  
  2. will we be able to assign "properties" or functions allowed or not allowed per rank?  For example can I make one of my DMs able to kick clan members?  Will only DMs still be able to add to the clan or can I, as master, allow different people different abilities like adding members, doing things with clan skills, etc.?
  3. Right now if a member has been AWOL for a long time or has been reported to be causing issues I am able to  put them as red rookies.  We use that as a way to let those members know that they are the next to be kicked if we have to make room or that they need to talk to me or a DM.  Will we have any system like that in the update?
  4. Can you tell us what you mean by ranks what kind of access you mean for different ranks and what they can do with skills?  An example would be fine if you can't give out the specifics yet.
  5. Are there plans to making a clan storage for materials?  If the crafting update ever comes out and things are made worthwhile to craft again, the clan can put materials in a clan bank/storage for the clan crafters to use.

Leo, if you get a chance can you give us answers to these questions?  A number of people asked me to ask them. 

#91 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

Satyrday, he won't be in for a while unless he works from home. 

Edited by Feuer, 25 April 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#92 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:21 PM

PLEASE SAVE MY CLAN LEVEL

#93 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

there's no such thing as clan levels.... seriously. 

#94 bertkilo1

bertkilo1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Server:Aura

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

On what time the merge wil happen 2pm? Or earlyer?

#95 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'm still curious if DG will drop the Clan Points cuz i don't see it being answered here yet... 

Leo/Gen?

#96 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 11:42 AM

Gonna repeat it cause I dont care if I annoy them. Can we earn CP in dungeons. 

#97 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

Clan Points will be obtainable in dungeons! (Sorry, been busy to get to answering questions)

In fact, we're adjusting the gains allowances for dungeons. It will be standardized with the rest of game play, where premium will provide the 50% bonus, to the normal experience rate of the dungeon, instead of restricting basic players from getting experience.

#98 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:59 PM

About, damn, time! 

Best news I've ever heard. 

Edited by Feuer, 03 May 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#99 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

Clan Points will be obtainable in dungeons! (Sorry, been busy to get to answering questions)

In fact, we're adjusting the gains allowances for dungeons. It will be standardized with the rest of game play, where premium will provide the 50% bonus, to the normal experience rate of the dungeon, instead of restricting basic players from getting experience.

that means from total exp in DGs normal players will get 50% only per mob? (From 80k 40k normal players get wile premium get the 80k?) With anleast one premium acc in DG group? Omg if this is true, i can die in peace nw :3

#100 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

Leo, if you get a chance could you please answer my questions above?  The ones about clan ranks and all. 

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users