• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ravenousrhino

ravenousrhino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:48 AM

Can anyone help me understand the difference between the two? I stopped playing around the time Linkers, TMs and homunculi were introduced. I'm going to make a second accound just dedicated to the three expanded classes.

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:57 AM

main difference is one is male and one is female

kagerou has better skills.

Kagerou

Shadow Trampling (good)

Immobilizes targets who are using specific hiding skills and forcibly reveals them. Can only be used in PvP and WoE.

Empty Shadow (may not prove useful very often)

Removes the reflect effect from a target for a period of time. Targets under the effect of Empty Shadow may have their skills fail to activate. Consumes 1 Shadow Orb.

Shadow Warrior (good)

Bestows [Double Attack] skill to a target for a period of time. Consumes 1 SP each second while under the effect of this skill. Consumes 1 Shadow Orb.

Oboro

Distorted Crescent (IMO, difficult to use and not that useful)

Lowers or Raises your own ATK or MATK by a small amount, depending on whether your HP/SP values are even or odd when you cast.

Ominous Moonlight (may not prove useful very often)

The target will take damage when it should be receiving heals.

Moonlight Fantasy (unreliable, difficult to use, and useless)

Randomly restores or drains the target's HP or SP depending on their current HP or SP. Damage received by the target is spread to others nearby.

Edited by Jaye, 22 April 2015 - 06:00 AM.

#3 ravenousrhino

ravenousrhino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

Which one is easier to solo level?

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

Aside from the skills above the classes are identical.

So kagerou is easier since they are the same except for kagerou getting that double attack skill which helps more in pvm.

#5 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

I disagree with Kagerou being easier to level, Oboro's Distorted Crescent adds quite a bit of damage if done properly, around 20% from some previous testing when using it with Swirling Petals and haven't really tested the numbers for magic since instacast spam flaming petals kills fast already.  K/O won't be using ctrl-click attacks at all for leveling unless you are masochistic and want to do it the super slow way.  Kagerou on the other hand is better at PvP due to Shadow Trampling.

Side note: Easy way to use Distorted Crescent is to have 50% overweight so you don't regen HP/SP and preferably set your max HP/SP to even numbers as Pure Soul allows you to be at max most of the time.  You can also use Ninja Soul to adjust your HP and Flip Tatami to change your odd SP to even.

Edited by Salvare, 22 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:48 AM

Oud need a pretty noob matk value for distorted crecent to be 20% increase. With dual daggers and an rwc knife, etc, distorted crecent adds negligible dmg from my experience. Same with atk from daggers. When youhave faceworm queen legs and such the atk is small.

And you can't stay full hp. And you'd have to change your gears to not land on the unwanted even/odd value which is dumb. The skill is too bothersome for what little benfit it gives.

Edited by Jaye, 22 April 2015 - 11:49 AM.

#7 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

133 matk at lvl 100 is hardly small.  I used a +12 rwc knife combo and still saw a noticeable difference.  How can you not be at full HP most of the time with pure soul... I leveled 100-150 solo and had no hassle using distorted crescent; you just need to have a feel for the skill and actually look at your hp or sp number to use.  For FQL (drake), which I use for MvPing, I still saw a 15% increase in damage (150~atk is nothing to laugh at).

Edited by Salvare, 22 April 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#8 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3958 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

Can anyone help me understand the difference between the two?

One has a pair of delightfully full lucious breasts and the other is just airport >.>

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:55 PM

I don't recall the values actually being 133/150 last I tested. You can post data/screenshots of your exploits if you want to persuade the original poster.

#10 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

If the formula is right for the wiki then it should be (Target's Base Level / 3) + 100 increase to ATK/MATK when HP/SP is EVEN.

#11 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

I don't remember the actual in game values being anywhere near as good as the wiki formula, but you're the one who is lobbying for this skill, not me, so post your in-game experience/screens.

#12 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Just a small test on willows, no buffs other than 16th night and distorted crescent.

Without:

http://i.imgur.com/QsWhgig.jpg?1

With:

http://i.imgur.com/BRJqht3.jpg?1

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

I don't find it reliable, somewhat constraining, and don't find that small damage boost to be anything but situational. But if you have some esoteric leveling plan where you can't one shot a monster without distorted crecent, and can guarantee your hp/sp stays at an even number without wearing un-ideal gear, then you can make the case that oboro is better than kagerou at leveling under those various constraints.

Imo they have equal leveling potential and their unique skills matter little.

For the op, its better to make your alt account the opposite gender of your main, so you can marry your own characters (esp soul linker). I would not hinge the account's gender on k/o.

#14 Salvare

Salvare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:32 PM

What I'm getting at mostly is that I don't agree they are equal at all.  I find Oboro more flexible in PvM due to Distorted Crescent giving them the extra buff to ohko some mobs and Kagerou having the PvP ability to uncloak enemies.  They have certain pros and cons unique from each other.  The damage increase might be negligible in some cases but it is still better than not having the ability; and since most of our skills have 3sec~ cooldowns and our hp is rather abysmal, ohko is a must when soloing.

Here is another more practical test of the skill at Scrabs:

http://i.imgur.com/NarLELP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DOOa7kH.jpg

Surprisingly almost exactly 30% increase.

Edited by Salvare, 22 April 2015 - 05:36 PM.

#15 ravenousrhino

ravenousrhino

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

Having to continuously monitor HP/SP levels is a little too much for me. I'm just going to use my Gunslinger for PvM and Kagerou for WOE stuff.

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:34 AM

When I was using DC I also found that the buff doesn't change anything in the equipment window, so it's probably like GT convert or other skills that are like this.

I think you can switch equipment to get an even number to activate it and switch back afterwards, but I've seen all kinds of weird behavior still. Changing maps supposedly won't work for that, if HP/SP suddenly regenerates a tick during the cast bar it might be different, teleporting / fwinging might affect it as well?

It would actually probably be a really good buff for acid bomb since that's both ATK/MATK, but I'd hate to adjust enough gears just to get both even HP AND SP.

#17 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:42 AM

DC is really usefull .-. So Oboro is easier to level coz of the higher damage

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

It is arguably more powerful due to DC that's for sure. You MIGHT be able to kill monsters in three shots instead of four shots or something like that but I wouldn't say it makes or breaks the class. What's more important is what you're doing with it endgame, like WoE, MVP, or some sort of slave (copying rapid throw, DC slave). And it's not like everyone has a VIP account for both genders so a lot of the time choosing between the two isn't even an option. A ninja probably won't be your main class either so I wouldn't purposely pick a certain gender for it... also, maestros are generally a lot more useful than wanderers.

#19 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

The gap between maestro-wanderer is a lot bigger than kagerou-oboro

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

The increase from Distorted Crescent is pretty insane, and its even more op cuz u can buff others with it, just need a good communication (and instacast prefferbably lol) with this i can increase my flamming petals from 70k to 100k+ on bio2 merchants, and im still 123 :)

#21 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHouse of Summer Cherries
  • Server:Iris native

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:34 PM

I don't see how your reaction time can be so slow... lol. I never had a problem with using DC at all! 125k+ Flaming Petals on Bio Merch (LvL 104 Orobo) =)

#22 MrGCV

MrGCV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Louyang

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

Yeah the DC bonus damage is too sweet to ditch :P well at very rare instances I receive that freakin debuff effect lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users