4/22 Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/22 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#51 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:11 PM

I'm really not sure the main point in your post is definitely the not pissing everyone off, it'd have to address the following:

• Existing god item pieces/sets
  • Future treasure drop rates (find a way to make them static and not affected by gum/vip/drop events)
  • Item creation seals/the quest event thing

It'd be hard to justify doing anything about items that had already been created.

I do agree though, population increases are going to be the largest help for the server. But there's still this underlying problem of god items/drop rates etc that is discouraging some people from joining.

Also yes, I'm sure some people do enjoy the questing, but not 400 times even divided 10 ways it's a lot of repeating the same quests (if we were a real server with real sized guilds this wouldnt be a big deal, splitting 100 quests 30-40 ways isnt that bad at all). If the RO interface wasnt so bad I'm sure it would be less of a problem but it's pretty miserable to do a lot of these dialog based quests. If there was an option to create god items through actual gameplay I'm sure a lot more items would get made, but the seals are an unfun mechanic that only one group on this server wants/is willing to do on the scale that it currently requires.

Edited by Themes, 22 April 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#52 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

imo they should prob change seal 1, 2, and 4 the rewards for the effort are pretty bad if seal 4 didnt have that rng part of it im sure more people wouldnt mind doing it but seal 1 for example gives you mostly useless pretrans gear so perhaps they could start putting in things like tidals, gold, wools, bg badges, stuff to make woe supplies idk something to kill 2 builds with 1 stone maybe.

btw that post was serious i really dont see the difference between the 2 besides the fact the god quest reward is a gamble with a much greater reward than just 1 level usually.

Edited by needmorezleep, 22 April 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#53 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:02 PM

Bug

Droopy Turtle Hat will give you the ability to use Decrease Agi level 3

Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible effect for a hat to give? Can someone clarify whether this is an autocast or if this actually enables casting of decrease agi? I don't want to see random LKs, paladins or any class that's not an acolyte class casting decrease agi.

#54 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

Woo! Finally the drop rate event is leaving. This event created so many bots it is ridiculous and the complaints I get from newer/not-so-rich players of common items they make zeny with dropping by 40% if not more in price if they sell at all are numerous. Can we like, not get any drop rate events for a while? Thanks.

#55 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:28 PM

vip+bm3 just 300% more than normal rate now.this event just offer more 50% drop.dats no a prob.most OP is stack the sever 2x and vip+100%.that will be 700% more than normal

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:38 AM

Welcome to iRO! It has been doing well and hasn't closed like other RO things, so they must be doing something right.   :p_omg:

Half the seal characters required on a server with 3-4k population (Renewal) and it was that way since Renewal was "prerenewal". 

Twice as many seal characters required on a server with 300-400 population, including all of the bots, venders, a-_-, ect (Classic).

Common sense is all that is needed to figure this problem out.

Some of those other servers closed with a much higher population that iRO has now. Your argument is invalid.

Also, here's some logic for you. The smaller a server is the bigger the impact of god items, thus, they should be harder to create based on the impact they will have on the population.

For example;

High population server

A SinX with 2 megs walks into a fort and gets fibered and fisted repeatedly whilst the precast stays up because a larger population server guild can do that. The Sinx might get a couple of kills off, but it won't matter because the guild has 20 people.

Classic:

A sinx with the same gear kills the whole 5 man guild. Takes the castle. Defends it solo.

Thus megs are more powerful here than on a larger server; ergo they should be harder to make. The beauty of this whole scenario is that as the population rises, the items become easier to make. It balances itself.

People want to play the game. Doing four different quests 100 times each isnt playing the game. Therefore nobody wants to actually do dumb seal quests, it's not a good prerequisite to make items.

We did seals instead of mvping. What's the difference between killing dumb miniboss or mvp X times, or spamming seal 2 X times (it takes 5~7 mins per run)? We prep our characters in advance over time. Like, just do a couple per week. It's not that bad.

Especially when you consider that VH are probably going to always have at least one set of quests completed so it's unlikely anyone else is going to make items until anything happens with that.

Now imagine if the seal count was less :p_laugh: we wouldn't even have to try. But yeah, I think my tactics against this new seal setup have been pretty solid.

That said these regular drop events are dumb, there didnt even seem to be a good reason for this one. We still have that 2x exp event that I think we're just going to have permanently at this point and we've got more exp events on top of that. While exp events dont really have a direct effect on the economy, every time they leave the server loses some activity as people have to get used to the slower rates. It feels a lot like the server's pretty active right now but I'm not sure the trade off is really worth it.

We are about 2 pieces from completing another set, giving us 5 to continue to blocking the seals with. What is Oda gonna do about it? Ask me to NOT make my guilds items which they have earned? Why make the pieces drop if we're not allowed to create? Oh, I understand there's a problem, but I don't want to be considered duty bound to fix it.

I'm really not sure the main point in your post is definitely the not pissing everyone off, it'd have to address the following:

• Existing god item pieces/sets
  • Future treasure drop rates (find a way to make them static and not affected by gum/vip/drop events)
  • Item creation seals/the quest event thing

It'd be hard to justify doing anything about items that had already been created.

I do agree though, population increases are going to be the largest help for the server. But there's still this underlying problem of god items/drop rates etc that is discouraging some people from joining.

Also yes, I'm sure some people do enjoy the questing, but not 400 times even divided 10 ways it's a lot of repeating the same quests (if we were a real server with real sized guilds this wouldnt be a big deal, splitting 100 quests 30-40 ways isnt that bad at all). If the RO interface wasnt so bad I'm sure it would be less of a problem but it's pretty miserable to do a lot of these dialog based quests. If there was an option to create god items through actual gameplay I'm sure a lot more items would get made, but the seals are an unfun mechanic that only one group on this server wants/is willing to do on the scale that it currently requires.

• Last I asked, your guild had more than 10 sets sitting around. How is that collection doing? Is it bigger now? How deep does this rabbit hole go? I have 5 and I create constantly. I got 2/3 of a belt set in 2 weeks after completing the last gleipnir. I don't know how to explain how ridiculous this is without pissing off the peons who think we had it easy making our first items.
  • Future treasure drops should have god parts rewarded via an npc related to economy. No gum, no problem.
  • The creation is bs, I wish people had listen to me when I spelled out the potential abuse and how it would play out.

The more gods/mvps we gain in the server downtime, the less people will want to join. Thus drop events are a terrible idea. +1

Re questing:

Seal 1: Kinda does itself. If you use previously reset characters (the metto section doesn't reset) it takes about 3 minutes to complete. Myself and maybe 2~3 guildies do this in our off time. Some guildies who aren't god ready hunt and donate the fish items.

Seal 2: tbh, I practically solo it. Sometimes I get 3~4 guildies to sit down with me and we race against eachother. (5-7mins per run) I solo hunt the items 90% of the time. People who don't wanna quest assist by hunting the squid ink/feather of birds.

I have 3~4 people who love ACAs and are willing to do seal 3. We create the chars in various ways (to earn access to current gods, as a guild event, to donate/contribute) and they are shared for the questers to access and do in their own time. They leave them on the final npc and we turn them in and distribute the ACAs after the roll. I don't touch this quest.

Seal 4: bribing new guildies with icepicks is amazing. it takes between 3 mins and 15 mins per run depending on sudri. We use characters that don't require a level 4 weapon to expedite and cheapen the process. I have guildies who are seal 4 gods. If it came down to it, one of our guys could solo the whole thing.

It's really not that bad. It's only bad when you do it all at once. If you break it down and divide the responsibilities and make sure that people see the reward, then its easy. The same thing applies to us with supplies. (I also have people who supply hunt to get out of seal questing hahaha)

#57 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

Could you fix Agav Card too?

They're reducing 5 DEF instead of 10.

Bump

#58 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:56 AM

so yeah  u wonder why u cant get new players or why we don't roll seals.  this is why no one can create new accounts

XIHZGRk.jpg

Edited by zerowon, 23 April 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#59 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:07 AM

PM me with the email of the WP account you're trying to create characters with

#60 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

later after my meetings but just for record we tried on 12 ips/ 4 counties and was yahoo/gmail/yopmail accounts

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

I have a completed kill count, don't sweat it.

#62 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

did you try to make many accounts in a short period of time? that might of mac banned you if you did 

#63 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:52 PM

My guess is it's got something to do with the stuff they're doing for Thor. Hopefully it's already sorted or will be soon.

As for buffing the rewards for Seals, last time I suggested that I got attacked by everyone saying "So you want everyone else to roll the seals for you huh?" I'm not going there again. I'm not against it, but it still doesnt solve the problem with the seals. There's still far more fun/interesting things in this game to be doing than slamming out dialog boxes and it'd be cool to focus on that instead.

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:37 PM

You have to do things you don't like in order to get things you like sometimes. You're an adult.

Handle it.

Every quest in the history of RO has been -_-. The seals are no exception. But it is part of the game. You can't just be like OH I DON'T LIKE THIS PART OF THE GAME WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. You knew what you were getting into.

Edited by Xellie, 23 April 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#65 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:03 AM

gsbs from seals would be fun

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:05 AM

No it wouldn't

You know what would be fun? Pausing god item creation. Or knowing how much stuff is out there. Or a staff response. Or not catering to lazy whiners. Or they should temporarily remove god drops from treasure, because nobody is making their stuff anyway. Why farm up more?

Good afternoon! Regarding the WoE/God item thread...would there be any interest/incentive for Valhalla to consider either a temporary freeze on the use of God items for the other side to "catch up"? Something to put in place while we work on a more permanent solution to the WoE problem on classic and availability of gear.

Edited by Xellie, 24 April 2015 - 12:06 AM.

#67 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:20 AM

Curious as to why you can't buy bombs in-game on classic but you can on renewal? I was keen to spend some $AU ;)

#68 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:31 AM

Curious as to why you can't buy bombs in-game on classic but you can on renewal? I was keen to spend some $AU ;)

Because iRO Classic players are not lazy -_-s.

#69 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

Woo! Finally the drop rate event is leaving. This event created so many bots it is ridiculous and the complaints I get from newer/not-so-rich players of common items they make zeny with dropping by 40% if not more in price if they sell at all are numerous. Can we like, not get any drop rate events for a while? Thanks.

+50% more for vip isn't as significant as one may think.

Droopy Turtle Hat:

Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible effect [enable use of level 3 decrease agi] for a hat to give? Can someone clarify whether this is an autocast or if this actually enables casting of decrease agi? I don't want to see random LKs, paladins or any class that's not an acolyte class casting decrease agi.

Edited by squirreI, 24 April 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#70 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:33 PM

enables casting

50% vip making bios give 1.5m/1.7m per kill without shoes. not a big deal or anything when they used to give 100k/118k. 15x rates yes pls

#71 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

it lets you cast dec agi and yes it is dumb to give any class that skill

#72 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Classic server still looking as toxic as ever

#73 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

nostalgia 4 lyf

#74 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:28 PM

Classic server still looking as toxic as ever

interesting point, the origin of the word toxic is related to archery (bow=toxon, archers poisoned their arrows, hence toxic), thus I think ranger online maybe more "toxic"

#75 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:14 PM

it lets you cast dec agi and yes it is dumb to give any class that skill

Okay that is awful. I propose we create a poll to remove/nerf this effect. How do we make that happen? Oda help please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users