Thor plans - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Thor plans

• Please log in to reply
272 replies to this topic

#26 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:13 AM

How about just having LU! re-submit the data then just get the inventory items from that and insert it to the existing database? This is MSSQL we're talking about anyway, right?

#27 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

I've lost 80% of the items which had high sentimental value to me, whether trash nor valuable...

But surely I dont wanna see plans for a server shutdown soon due to abusive players, if only there were a bit more valhalla players left

....how I wish I atleast get my mr.smile and green feeler back

#28 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

Also happy I still have my +8 Immune Muffler [1], +9 Cranial Buckler [1], +9 Superior Shoes [1], +10 Quadruple Vital Rod [4], Clips of Spore, +7 Monk Hat, Beret, Phantom of the Opera, Evil Wing Ears and Pipe. Those have high sentimental value for me. :heh:

#29 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

Those +13-+20 KVM will make their ways to Chaos when Thor and Chaos merge. Be prepared the citizen of Chaos, Thor is coming to rekt :p_idea: :p_hi:

PS but in iRO Chaos, personal skills matter anyways, both in WoE and PvP right? :pif:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 27 April 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#30 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:03 AM

I dont have much doubt about "some" players when it comes to skills, even among the mountains of people stronger than me, I can still tell which purely relies on item or not, for me though, lag+unresponsive notebook gives enough debuffs for a mini boss to kill me

Ps. I love how I got my 2005 char back full intact with sakkat, phantom of opera, r.leaf, speedy padded and cranial buckler xD

Edited by lorenz1375, 27 April 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Sropho card has it's effect commented out on both Thor and Chaos at the moment. So the cards that do exist will do nothing.

In regards to the over upgraded gears. The merger was facilitated by the kRO server admins and they handled much of the data crunching. During the merge planning they told us that they could reduce the refine levels on those gears which is why it was put in the restricted list. Unfortunately once it came time to do so; they told us that they couldn't. Which was very annoying to find out about 16 hours before we were supposed to open the servers. So we made the decision to leave those items as is. Instead we will be requesting tool updates so that we can make those refine reductions as appropriate but it will need to come later. 

This week we will be starting to get compensation going out for various removals as well as trying to fix everyone that we can. Holden is currently crunching through all the sprite error reports. Oda to gathering the reports submitted on the forums for all issues. The GM team is gather all reports submitted in tickets and I am trying to get other teams involved. We can get through this together and we will.

#32 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

Sropho card has it's effect commented out on both Thor and Chaos at the moment. So the cards that do exist will do nothing.

In regards to the over upgraded gears. The merger was facilitated by the kRO server admins and they handled much of the data crunching. During the merge planning they told us that they could reduce the refine levels on those gears which is why it was put in the restricted list. Unfortunately once it came time to do so; they told us that they couldn't. Which was very annoying to find out about 16 hours before we were supposed to open the servers. So we made the decision to leave those items as is. Instead we will be requesting tool updates so that we can make those refine reductions as appropriate but it will need to come later. 

This week we will be starting to get compensation going out for various removals as well as trying to fix everyone that we can. Holden is currently crunching through all the sprite error reports. Oda to gathering the reports submitted on the forums for all issues. The GM team is gather all reports submitted in tickets and I am trying to get other teams involved. We can get through this together and we will.

This is good news. Some players already have suggestions about possible compensations that can be offered. However, with that in mind, it will still not be possible to even out the playing field right now.

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

what about other gear that shouldn't have made it into Thor in the first place (saw a GR carded boitata armor, enchanted slotted dark blinder)? there are also instances of various miniboss carded gear and even a report of an entwein card floating around the server now (even though it's an MVP card it wasn't listed on the restricted list).

item stack restrictions apparently didn't work either with people bringing over 10s of thousands of mastela fruit, etc. the economy already looks shot and it's been less than a week since server opened.

OCAs also weren't restricted but it sort of defeats the purpose of banning certain miniboss cards if you're letting people bring hundreds of ocas over.

also, if the over-refined fix will be put on hold for now, does that mean WoE implementation is on hold? because you're going to have some people with +15-+20 kvm sets absolutely annihilating everyone else.

Edited by Necrohealiac, 27 April 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#34 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

there is an entwen crothen:

7ebcc47aac911f7b194fd87e61d9b079.png

#35 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

there is an entwen crothen:

I got u KK :D

#36 Bisukemar

Bisukemar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWesteros
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

How about just having LU! re-submit the data then just get the inventory items from that and insert it to the existing database? This is MSSQL we're talking about anyway, right?

Agree. If they are saying that the data are corrupted, they could ask LU to re-submit the data. Of course, LU won't delete the database right a way.

#37 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

Agree. If they are saying that the data are corrupted, they could ask LU to re-submit the data. Of course, LU won't delete the database right a way.

Wouldn't this mean facing the same problems again?

#38 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

Some clever pRO players managed to transferred over bulk amount of high valued loots.

Edited by ilovemilk, 05 May 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#39 Bisukemar

Bisukemar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWesteros

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

Wouldn't this mean facing the same problems again?

If the new data is not corrupted, then the missing items of the fallen500 will be there just like other characters. The only problem they will get (i think) will be the item errors, not the missing items.

#40 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

4C9j5gD.jpg

lol

Cards can still exist, but the effects have been stripped from it. 

#41 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:39 AM

If the new data is not corrupted, then the missing items of the fallen500 will be there just like other characters. The only problem they will get (i think) will be the item errors, not the missing items.

IF. Does that "latest data" even exist? Knowing the situation we're already in, I wonder if the previous management would be willing to hand out that data to the new ones.

#42 Bisukemar

Bisukemar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWesteros

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

IF. Does that "latest data" even exist? Knowing the situation we're already in, I wonder if the previous management would be willing to hand out that data to the new ones.

LU and iRO has a deal to transfer accounts from pRO to iRO, so I think there's no problem handing out the new data to iRO. LU will just have to send the same data again hoping that the same data will not be corrupted again.

#43 juxtapposed

juxtapposed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationHell's Kitchen

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

I also still have an Entweihen Crothen-carded OG in my storage...

#44 Hopscotches

Hopscotches

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 390 posts
  • LocationRainbowfields

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

They should've, but they didn't.

Now about zennies generated from very expensive loots and those that should be excluded (case in point: treasure boxes), what would be done about them? This matter, along with overupgraded gears and mvp-carded items (hooray for pruning them soon), is already inviting RMT issues (and they do this openly). Some players in game propose another wave of zenny wipe while others would most likely be offended by this.

About old card album, this was proposed weeks before the migration that this item be excluded but sadly, this is another item that was bypassed. RNG is RNG but the more of it you have, the higher the chances of getting mini boss cards.

While we understand that some things we players expected weren't fulfilled, we do hope that something can be done about the situations cited above. They're hurting the economy.

#45 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:08 AM

Entweihen Crothen is not an MVP.
He is a boss.

#46 Guyak

Guyak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:13 AM

Honestly this move (not deleting the cards), among many others, is rather sloppy. It could cause issues down the stretch. What would happen if and when you finally decide to implement the said cards' effects? Considering that there's a massive amount of them in existence and most of those cards were obtained through ridiculous promos... It's gonna be one huge clusterfk...as if it wasn't already.  -_-

Maya Purple, AR, GR, DR, and many other cards that were supposed to be excluded exist on Thor. What exactly happened?

Edited by Guyak, 27 April 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#47 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

Entweihen Crothen is not an MVP.
He is a boss.

I'm going to go ahead and say that this was improperly coded then, based on the card illustration alone. also, this card isn't available via oca/mcas right?

however, WP didn't see anything wrong letting this card through while restricting less powerful cards like DR/AR?

#48 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say that this was improperly coded then, based on the card illustration alone. also, this card isn't available via oca/mcas right?

however, WP didn't see anything wrong letting this card through while restricting less powerful cards like DR/AR?

My jaw dropped when I saw that card

I recall having that as Ant Buyanne since I had a spare before the Fall happened

#49 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

Maya Purple, AR, GR, DR, and many other cards that were supposed to be excluded exist on Thor. What exactly happened?

The ones that the screenshots showed we searched for and found that they came from OCAs opened on Thor. 

#50 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

The ones that the screenshots showed we searched for and found that they came from OCAs opened on Thor. 

And OCAs came from pRO? Man that's kinda sneaky and sort of a way to get around the restrictions...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users