Up Coming Skill Balances (heads up!) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Up Coming Skill Balances (heads up!)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 adias2

adias2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Locationbali
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:draconis

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:11 PM

btw, is mapping sewer quest on SC not bug? can u check it.. im still don't get the schematiac map.. thx.. good luck..

#27 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

You're not supposed to be standing in battle. Your skills have range on them for a reason.

And the change increases your Mana Shield's potential to a higher amount, and a consistent amount each cast, while reducing its cost overall, so you will be able to recast it with a steady drain, instead of a fluctuating one.

play cd.. and you are forced to stand in 1 spot with all the raiders stunning and sleeping you.. you wanna try running in circles but raiders have enough mspeed to catch you now ( thank you glor set! everything that a hawker class needs is all put in 1 set, unlike before u have to sacrifice mspeed/aspeed to get dodge/accu and vice versa). plus those scouts that deals 7k damage with the ice arrow buff, if you are alone with no other cleric to puri the stun/sleeps you are grounded on 1 spot unable to do anything

Having options of creating a build is part of the design of the classes and why we're adding more options.

And it was a balance. The Dual Raider was overpowered in its ability to continuously suppress any target without a reliable counter.

I did say it was GREAT that you nerfed the duals, but isn't it the time to also nerf KATAR raiders, their opness has been ignored since most of the people play them...

Edited by kwayan19, 01 May 2015 - 09:15 PM.

#28 nooooodles

nooooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Nice nerf on duals, their dbs were crazy esp. on high charm. But I think you guys really have ignore blinders on when people point out how broken katar raiders are. Yeah, you took off the 30% aspeed from glor but hey you gave them even better stats so who cares. There's a reason the most common class in cd are katars. You guys even did a cd on Leonis so you should've seen it firsthand but eh. I'm not hating.. I mean I play it 95% of the time.. Cause who doesn't like to play op classes. 

#29 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:11 PM

Ikr noodles ... they nerfed a class that you seldom see in cd... like 1duals in every cd.

They nerfed the bcs which also directly affects mages.. they also nerfed clerics and knights.. you barely see these classes anymore in cd..

Its like they do their balances around the katar raiders.. BCs can kill katars like flies. Nerf BCs! Mages 3 skill kill katars.. nerf mages! Katar loses to duals in pvp, nerf them!, clerics and knights tank raiders like no tomoorow! Nerf them! Arti's nades so op on raiders, make nades on shared cooldown!

#30 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:59 PM

The nerf on the debuffs of duals had it coming. They were completely broken. They can db the hell out of u. Btw the duals didnt get completely nerfed. Some of the skill damage got increased like the lifesteal so i think this makes sense.

Not a fan of the dodge in champs but something is better than nothing

BTW:

Pls check (PVP longinus strike) on spear champs. It say it stacks up to 5x after a successful attack. IT DOESNT STACK. JUST ONCE

#31 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:01 AM

The nerf on the debuffs of duals had it coming. They were completely broken. They can db the hell out of u. Btw the duals didnt get completely nerfed. Some of the skill damage got increased like the lifesteal so i think this makes sense.

Not a fan of the dodge in champs but something is better than nothing

exactly what i was going to say. Also, assuming the debuff getting nerfed doesn't make duals not able to kill katars, they have high accu as they are, and have crazy skill power, and now even further increased, so they CAN STILL kill katar raiders, the fact that you're going angry about it is cuz you can't disable something completely now and you're too used to it. Live with change

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 02 May 2015 - 12:01 AM.

#32 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:42 AM

No one is against yhe nerf on duals.. the thing is katars are much more broken than duals are

#33 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:00 AM

it isn't exactly broken if you know how to counter it. If it is able to be countered. And Axe champs can counter them with their crit almost the same as katars.

My opinion. I'll just let other people say what they think, i've done my part here

#34 nooooodles

nooooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:37 AM

it isn't exactly broken if you know how to counter it. If it is able to be countered. And Axe champs can counter them with their crit almost the same as katars.
My opinion. I'll just let other people say what they think, i've done my part here

What's the counter for 3 raiders popping out of stealth and instantly nuking you and your cleric?

#35 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

Suggestion Time -yay!-

Why don't you swap the Spear's Dodge passive to work under a different mechanic.

Say the Base Tree Version:

(5%*SklLvl) + (STR*2) = dodge Passive

- 400:STR = 25% + 800 Dodge-

Then: Spear Fury *NEW* (Spear)
On Melee Attack. 20%/25%/30%/35%/40% chance to gain a stack that grants a stack (max 5) of +5% Attack Speed & Dodge, for 10 seconds.

Change to

On Hit [keynote hit, cause Spears are forced into AoE's constantly]

15+(5%*SkilLvl) chance to gain (5% DefPierce*StackCount) + ((STR*.5)+(DEX*.5))StackCount [dodge]

-At lvl 5: 40% Chance to Gain: [25% Pierce] + -@400:STR + 200:DEX- [300 Dodge]-

Finally

Spear Dancer *NEW* (Spear)
Chance on Spear Skill use, to gain a "Spear Dancer" stack
Spear Dancer, has at max 5 stacks, each giving 20 Movement Speed & 5% Dodge per skill level, for 10 seconds.

could/should be changed to

5%+(5%*SkilLvl) chance on being hit to gain (20Mspd*SkilLvl) + ((.25%*SkilLvl)StackCount)+20*StatCount Dmg Reduc for 10sec

30% Chance to Gain: [100Mspd] + [6.25% Damage Reduction + 100 Damage Reduction]

However the above takes into consideration that Soldiers Base Dodge + EQ Dodge are GARBAGE, and the current passives + the new ones don't work well enough with sub-stats, forcing you to pump extreme amounts of Dexterity to get anywhere near a semi-effective dodge total. For PvM it's 6/10, for PvP I'd rate it as a personal 3.5/10. It's just not effective the way it is. 

Courtesy of the Stat Guru~

Edited by Feuer, 02 May 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#36 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world
  • Server:Arua

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:42 AM

Nice nerf on duals, their dbs were crazy esp. on high charm. But I think you guys really have ignore blinders on when people point out how broken katar raiders are. Yeah, you took off the 30% aspeed from glor but hey you gave them even better stats so who cares. There's a reason the most common class in cd are katars. You guys even did a cd on Leonis so you should've seen it firsthand but eh. I'm not hating.. I mean I play it 95% of the time.. Cause who doesn't like to play op classes. 

That's the problem, everyone just want to play with the most op class in the game, wich atm is katar raider (dual not mutch, only before due debuffs) but not only

Katar raiders is based in auto atacks/basic hits wich makes like player get lazy and dont even cast a single skill, only stealth and pots.

Players just play with op classes, they dont even play with the class they love mutch

what if we asked them what's them fav class? easy answere katar raider, why? cuz is op, that's why, there's no fun now in classes, everyone pick up Katar raider and screw the others classes.

We do all like to play op classes, but where's the fun playing a class than we dont even like, lets see, if katar now got a huge weight nerf and mages get a huge buff, will players change to mage? ofc lol, is the op class, they change even if they dont like, what's the meaning in playing a class than some players dont even like, example, im not mutch fan of mages but just them Skill power and AP it made me suprised and i even have one for pvm, but dont use it mutch. i like all the classes but i have my fav classes.

most of players in DRACONIS (only draconis cuz i dont have any data from leonis) are like only katars

katars katars, katars everywere, it made me even puke just see katars everywere because they say is the most op class, who knows if the next target of NERF will be katars raiders, cuz is atm be showing everywere than soon or late katars will be nerfed, who's the fault? many players using class cuz is op, then days after the nerf they will change AGAIN class.

You players should play with the class than u guys love more, not with the most op, and then u guys regret in making that char ofc.

not impressed than in another -Server (not pvt server)- i see many players playing ALL THE CLASSES, wile here i just see katars.

Off-topic i think

about spears champs, the dogde is useful in pvm, taking it off will have a big change in pvm (passive), as we all already check, Spear champ is mostly for pvm, soo yeah don't complain about something than u guys maybe dont even know, there's some few Spear champs pvps wich can hang with the skills atm, why? them build is gd for pvp, is them own build. and i think i already said all.

Back to topic

one thing i forgot about katars, yeah since is auto attacks/basic hits ppl just copy the stats/skills everything from forums (than some ppl posted but im not against them posting builds) making they say, "omg i'm so op and i did this build (might be a lie but we all know than most of raiders katars players don't do them own builds)" so yeah, based in Raiders katars, copy build, done, there's u raider katar. few months ago, no clerics, no mages, no champions, no knights, no artisans, no bourgeois, not evne dual raiders, no scouts, just Katars.

#37 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:28 AM

Talking mostly about cd scenarios... heyll just stealth and runaway from your axe.. then own you when you least expect it.

And tbh I do play katar and that's why I say its broken

#38 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

Talking mostly about cd scenarios... heyll just stealth and runaway from your axe.. then own you when you least expect it.

And tbh I do play katar and that's why I say its broken

Talking from experience, a smart player knows when to save and when to use stun CD's. I won't cast a stun until after I've landed two hits within 3 seconds of each other, or I need to interrupt a kite. Just sayin, also, never decloak a cloak, only eye the stealth or else you're allowing them a free escape. 

#39 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

What's the counter for 3 raiders popping out of stealth and instantly nuking you and your cleric?

if you're talking about team play, then your teammates are responsible for that. Like feuer said, spears has a insane declock aoe range, all you need is to time it right. Clerics are targets which i can agree on cuz they make a big difference in team play. (and they are squishy most of the time) That's why. Counter? have you heard of a spear champ that can kill 18 raiders in 1 game of cd? well i did, and i know her. She showed me her win in that CD.

Now, to filip's statement, yes its true. Katars are OP, and also they are easy to make (just need the money) and use. You don't even need skill to make katar raiders cuz they are based on melee attack (most of them) get the stuff you need, get the lvls/skills etc and there you have it. They are only OP because they are easy to use, make and requires no skill whatsoever to be good in it. They do have a counter to it, its just that people don't play all the classes enough to figure out WHICH one can counter them. Cuz either most of them are too lazy or they don't know how and don't want to spend time to figure out.

THIS is why draco is full of raiders, and this is why katars are mindless. All you need is stuff and play with numbers.

Okay seriously, i better shut up before i make something bad here. I'll just be reading this

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 02 May 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#40 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

I play spear, I don't even have the decloaking skill...  Why? - Cause I have to press it when I want to try to find someone, where I can just AOE and hit them instead, even if I decloak them, before I can even skill again, they're on both me, and my cleric, resulting in me being dead, in seconds, even if my HP is 40 thousand + and my Deff is over 8k --- 
Another reason why I don't have decloak, is because there are just so many more important things to put into, when decloaking is so freaking useless... it should act more actively like a passive with a cooldown or something, if it was to be useful, but than raiders and scouts will cry OP, --- Just wait until they cry about the OPness of the bourgs decloak passive. 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 02 May 2015 - 05:03 AM.

#41 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:27 AM

its no passive, it is an active skill which summons an orb that decloacks for a certain amount of time, learn2read

Edited by iMatt, 02 May 2015 - 05:28 AM.

#42 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Another reason why your team loses when you play like that, if you don't eye them and allow your TEAM to kill them, then the raiders have an easier time ganking your healer... nub. You eye them so GBs, Scouts and if one exist Mages can nuke them or bully them out of the fight, protecting your cleric and giving your rangers their targets. Your AoE range + Eye can decloak the entire defender zone with 1 use, yet you'd rather justify keeping a 2k aoe burn then helping the 9 other people perform at maximum potential. Pfft. 

O_o I'd like to see you play spear champ in CD. 

its no passive, it is an active skill which summons an orb that decloacks for a certain amount of time, learn2read

The summon, passively decloaks. 

#43 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

There's a reason[s] I don't play a spear in CD, it's because Swords can out AoE a Spear any day, and Axes can burst the fudge out of anyone they want. 

#44 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

I play spear, I don't even have the decloaking skill...  Why? - Cause I have to press it when I want to try to find someone, where I can just AOE and hit them instead, even if I decloak them, before I can even skill again, they're on both me, and my cleric, resulting in me being dead, in seconds, even if my HP is 40 thousand + and my Deff is over 8k --- 
Another reason why I don't have decloak, is because there are just so many more important things to put into, when decloaking is so freaking useless... it should act more actively like a passive with a cooldown or something, if it was to be useful, but than raiders and scouts will cry OP, --- Just wait until they cry about the OPness of the bourgs decloak passive. 

rofl XD get rekt, yeah the decloak from bourg will be better and awesome for teamfights, making bourg a usefull class.

btw about spear not having decloaking, dude u wasting a usefull skill in a spear champ, only the aoe range is already enought for decloak a xtal spot .... even if there's others things more importants in pvp (CD or Ruins or TG) spear with decloak is one of the most op decloaks classes, one thing than is usefull in a spear champion.

True, but still is a active skill, cuz u need to summon first the Third eye, gd in that is he will follow u until he dies/disapears :), gd for pvm but also for pvp

#45 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

not right, the summoned summons cast ACTIVLY a decloack in waves....passive would mean it decloacks without doing something

Ew, liked by Fire

Edited by iMatt, 02 May 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#46 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

rofl XD get rekt, yeah the decloak from bourg will be better and awesome for teamfights, making bourg a usefull class.

btw about spear not having decloaking, dude u wasting a usefull skill in a spear champ, only the aoe range is already enought for decloak a xtal spot .... even if there's others things more importants in pvp (CD or Ruins or TG) spear with decloak is one of the most op decloaks classes, one thing than is usefull in a spear champion.

True, but still is a active skill, cuz u need to summon first the Third eye, gd in that is he will follow u until he dies/disapears :), gd for pvm but also for pvp

Oh, believe me, I am happy for bourgs getting the new skill, just was mentioning that people are gonna cry about it. 

not right, the summoned summons cast ACTIVLY a decloack in waves....passive would mean it decloacks without doing something

You're right, I miss spoke. 

#47 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

Which means Mute, Stun[raider has] and Stun [raider has] can prevent it.

I can already see raiders learning to use PvM stun on those summons, then going into cloak. [the stun lasts 7 seconds] assuming you can target it as a pvm. 

Also, I don't understand WHY Bourges are getting this cool decloak, when Artisans are the concentration and sense class, and the only class to not have a decloak... 

Edited by Feuer, 02 May 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#48 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:44 AM

Oh, believe me, I am happy for bourgs getting the new skill, just was mentioning that people are gonna cry about it. 

is atually not a new skill just a update i think  :hmm: xD

I can already see raiders learning to use PvM stun on those summons, then going into cloak. [the stun lasts 7 seconds] assuming you can target it as a pvm. 

even learning it, bourg can still summon it again, soo yeah is useless, and i think is 30 seconds coldown (the stun)

Also, I don't understand WHY Bourges are getting this cool decloak, when Artisans are the concentration and sense class, and the only class to not have a decloak... 

that's true but teaming up with a bourg can make a difference, cuz artisan seems to have more Atack power with them summon instead bourg wile bourg is like solo class. soo yeah both teaming up can made a gd team

Edited by Filipito98, 02 May 2015 - 05:47 AM.

#49 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:48 AM

If I remember correctly- Bourges would be getting the skill back, cause it was taken away from them :o 

#50 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

I forgive you this time :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic