Common problems and their solutions - Page 5 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Common problems and their solutions

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#101 CaptainSunbear

CaptainSunbear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:22 PM

It turns out I had to re-install the files for Renewal. Everytime I try to patch it always stops at 2016-08-18data_gm_r.gpf and it never finishes patching. Thus leading to not being able to connect. Upon trying try to download "2016-08-18data_gm_r.gpf " from ftp://patch2.playragnarok.com/patch/ website, the download is always interrupted or never finishes. Trying to download the other files from dropbox also has not been working for me. The download link either doesn't show up for the installers or patches either.

I think the main issue is: I can not reach the files as they just do not go through. I have used Internet Explorer and Google Chrome to try and get this missing file or even the missing files as it may even come to be.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#102 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

It turns out I had to re-install the files for Renewal. Everytime I try to patch it always stops at 2016-08-18data_gm_r.gpf and it never finishes patching. Thus leading to not being able to connect. Upon trying try to download "2016-08-18data_gm_r.gpf " from ftp://patch2.playragnarok.com/patch/ website, the download is always interrupted or never finishes. Trying to download the other files from dropbox also has not been working for me. The download link either doesn't show up for the installers or patches either.

I think the main issue is: I can not reach the files as they just do not go through. I have used Internet Explorer and Google Chrome to try and get this missing file or even the missing files as it may even come to be.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

When you follow one of the links to Dropbox, is a white button labelled "Download" visible in the top-right corner of the page? Exactly what happens if you press this button?

Does your computer frequently fail to load content from the Internet, such as web pages? If so, then your network connection is probably unstable. Is your computer connected to your router via Wi-Fi?

When did you last scan your computer for malicious software?

#103 Riczdork

Riczdork

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 08:29 PM

ill alrdy patch the game and im trying to loginon 

but when im char select and conenct to game 

it will be disconnect from server how can i fix this issue plz help me 

TIA

#104 Riczdork

Riczdork

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:02 PM

hi guys i have aproblem plz any one can help me  

this is the problem

Skillinfo_F.lua:185: attempt to index global 'SKILL_INFO_LIST' ( a nil value )

#105 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:14 PM

ill alrdy patch the game and im trying to loginon 

but when im char select and conenct to game 

it will be disconnect from server how can i fix this issue plz help me 

TIA

Please try solution #4 [The updater is constantly reinstalling recent updates] found in the first post.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 06 September 2018 - 09:17 PM.

#106 signumk34

signumk34

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 02:01 PM

Depois da Atualização dessa semana, quando clico em jogar a janela simplesmente some e nem carrega o game-guard na vdd nao aparece nada quando clico em jogar.

#107 Kikeshi

Kikeshi

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

hi, i dont play RO1 en steam because the "Account Confirmation" i dont know to do with this, send me a email with confirmation to my email correct. if this is de wrong topic, places tell me where help me!

https://ibb.co/mbYbRC1

#108 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

hi, i dont play RO1 en steam because the "Account Confirmation" i dont know to do with this, send me a email with confirmation to my email correct. if this is de wrong topic, places tell me where help me!

https://ibb.co/mbYbRC1

Hello,

Where are you connecting from?

Also do note, you can only have 1 RO game ID per steam account. If you would like to add a second RO ID then you will have to login through Warpportal website then add new game ID.

#109 ben2002

ben2002

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:10 AM

When I opened ragnarok today, my patcher started to download from 2014 again, despite me having already been playing for the past week. Can you guys help? I already downloaded the 2017-Present patch because that was my problem before.

#110 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:41 AM

When I opened ragnarok today, my patcher started to download from 2014 again, despite me having already been playing for the past week. Can you guys help? I already downloaded the 2017-Present patch because that was my problem before.

Please follow the instructions posted under solution #3 [The updater is installing updates from 2011]

#111 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 14 February 2019 - 04:57 AM

lol my account can connect to chaos but not on thor?

what could be the problem?

always failed to connect when choosing thor

edit: nvm its working now, dunno what happened but i just restarted my pc and its working fine now

Edited by Scrappy51, 14 February 2019 - 05:15 AM.

#112 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:18 AM

A new game client (Feb 2019) has been released for Renewal and Classic.

The client is available for download on the official link here.

#113 Raizel68

Raizel68

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

Hi, I got the same issue with #1. 

but I already downloaded the file Ragnarok-DLM

When i try to run it, it shows the same error

when i try to extract it, it needs password.

I also have the RO folder needed for any ragna(renewal)

Please help.

#114 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:47 PM

Hi, I got the same issue with #1. 

but I already downloaded the file Ragnarok-DLM

When i try to run it, it shows the same error

when i try to extract it, it needs password.

I also have the RO folder needed for any ragna(renewal)

Please help.

Hello, are you downloading the file from this page?
http://www.playragna...ntdownload.aspx

There should not be a password on the file, how are you extracting it? What is your Windows version?

#115 Kirito2522

Kirito2522

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:41 AM

I can't log in saying character size info error 145!!!. Any idea how to solve this?

#116 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

I can't log in saying character size info error 145!!!. Any idea how to solve this?

If you are using the latest client release from the official website [link], try solution #4 posted here.

#117 Guarocuya

Guarocuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:11 PM

Hi, unfortunately, my client just stopped working.

Win10 here, never had any issues, always patched up to date and a while ago, when opening the client, it started downloading updates from 2016. After letting it download them all it gave me the NoClientInfo error. I tried everything in this thread: cleaning IE, modifying the setup files via add/remove program (the same as reinstalling), restarting the PC, etc. The last thing I tries was downloading the latest version of the client, solution #3 I believe, and now when opening it, it repatches everything from February 2019 to the latest patch and the just closes, no errors no nothing.

No idea what happened. I believe I am quite proficient at using a PC, know my way around an odd language or two, but just don't know what's wrong with this client.

Also, most of the solutions found on this thread and others pertain to Classic, which doesn't exist anymore, so not sure where to go now but to ask here.

Thanks.

#118 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:21 PM

Hi, unfortunately, my client just stopped working.

Win10 here, never had any issues, always patched up to date and a while ago, when opening the client, it started downloading updates from 2016. After letting it download them all it gave me the NoClientInfo error. I tried everything in this thread: cleaning IE, modifying the setup files via add/remove program (the same as reinstalling), restarting the PC, etc. The last thing I tries was downloading the latest version of the client, solution #3 I believe, and now when opening it, it repatches everything from February 2019 to the latest patch and the just closes, no errors no nothing.

No idea what happened. I believe I am quite proficient at using a PC, know my way around an odd language or two, but just don't know what's wrong with this client.

Also, most of the solutions found on this thread and others pertain to Classic, which doesn't exist anymore, so not sure where to go now but to ask here.

Thanks.

If you allowed the client to download everything starting from 2016 it will become corrupted. There is no other way to fix than doing a clean reinstall.

For your issue, follow problem #4. Clearing IE cache step is mandatory, it may need a few tries to get the issue fully resolved.

Alternatively, you can download the latest client from WP official page.

#119 Guarocuya

Guarocuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 09:08 AM

If you allowed the client to download everything starting from 2016 it will become corrupted. There is no other way to fix than doing a clean reinstall.

For your issue, follow problem #4. Clearing IE cache step is mandatory, it may need a few tries to get the issue fully resolved.

Alternatively, you can download the latest client from WP official page.

Thanks a lot. Had to re-install directly from Warpportal's official page and that was it. Quite fast the fix except i had to re-do all my client settings :( But it's fine now.

#120 Eldana

Eldana

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:43 PM

Hello, I´m sorry, but I don´t know where to ask for this, I cannot connect to the server when I start the client it gets stuck in cheching the server now and no more i tried downloading again the whole thing but stills doesn´t t work is there a solution to this issue, becaus apparently there is no proble with the internet connection.  Thnaks a lot for your help.

#121 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

Hello, I´m sorry, but I don´t know where to ask for this, I cannot connect to the server when I start the client it gets stuck in cheching the server now and no more i tried downloading again the whole thing but stills doesn´t t work is there a solution to this issue, becaus apparently there is no proble with the internet connection.  Thnaks a lot for your help.

Hey there,

Servers are undergoing early weekly maintenance, keep an eye on this topic for updates.

#122 Eldana

Eldana

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 November 2019 - 02:58 PM

Hey there,

Servers are undergoing early weekly maintenance, keep an eye on this topic for updates.

thank you so much for the info and sorry for the trouble! Well, I don´t live in the US and really forgot that this thursday is Thanksgiving day!

#123 PeppermintMocha

PeppermintMocha

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:30 PM

SOwyHSA.png 

I've been looking around on the forums for a solution and i still cant fix this problem. very frustrating. please help.

#124 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:56 PM

I've been looking around on the forums for a solution and i still cant fix this problem. very frustrating. please help.

Hello there, try the suggested solution posted here.

#125 PeppermintMocha

PeppermintMocha

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:08 PM

Hello there, try the suggested solution posted here.

I've tried it, but what i noticed was that Setup doesnt even have a graphics setting nor does it have an option on screen resolutions as well. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users