Public Chat TriviaBot! [Prizes Updated] - Page 5 - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Public Chat TriviaBot! [Prizes Updated]

198 replies to this topic

#101 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

Hmm, have a good question though.

For whenever you place the bot in Freya, most of the player base there doesn't necessarily speak English (or very broken English), how would that work over there? It really can't be too fair for those that can't.

And don't say they have to know English, don't forget some servers were brought over and merged to ours without the exact English based language. Also there are options for settings to have it in a different language (the game) if not mistaken.

Unfortunately there's not a lot I can do about that, hopefully at least questions like anagrams/fill in the blank will transcend the language barrier for those players since you don't necessarily need to understand anything in order to be familiar with those words. Adding questions in languages besides English would be equally problematic, so if anyone has any other suggestions I'm open to any ideas.

The very least I could do is support an option for players to choose which language the bot will speak in when you use whisper commands, so that the instructions and information are understandable to non-English speaking users.

Edited by Tonitrua, 28 June 2015 - 11:46 AM.

#102 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

That is actually part of the problem, since I think they did translate some words and all, so unless they try to look things up in English they won't be able to really do them. Given I do recall someone having asked for help once in Freya about a quest and giving me a name of an item he needed to get (normal field item from a mob) and was nothing that I could had guessed until I managed to get said player to tell me where he has been questing to even get a remote idea how to help.

I think at most, they'll be able to handle is just the math ones....in such regards...

Also, curious to know, the hours WILL be the same foe the Trivia Bots in Odin and Freya?

To avoid having the speedy demons taking over both servers? Since frankly, its annoying to try to get a point most of the time as it is.... :yawn:

#103 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:39 PM

That is actually part of the problem, since I think they did translate some words and all, so unless they try to look things up in English they won't be able to really do them. Given I do recall someone having asked for help once in Freya about a quest and giving me a name of an item he needed to get (normal field item from a mob) and was nothing that I could had guessed until I managed to get said player to tell me where he has been questing to even get a remote idea how to help.

I think at most, they'll be able to handle is just the math ones....in such regards...

Also, curious to know, the hours WILL be the same foe the Trivia Bots in Odin and Freya?

To avoid having the speedy demons taking over both servers? Since frankly, its annoying to try to get a point most of the time as it is.... :yawn:

At the moment, they are planned to run on the same schedule so at least that'll make it a more difficult for someone to participate in both effectively.

#104 DarkKurayami

DarkKurayami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Odin -n- Freya

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

At least. :ok:

#105 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

That's when creating a special chat for trivia would be good. If it was possible for toni, we could imagine like 2-3 chat channels for trivia, each one in a language, so it could reach most part of the players in the server, according to the client language options offerred.

PS: I won't create a char in Freyja, -1 speedy demon to compete lol

#106 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Odin -> Channel 7

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:19 AM

Kyaah!! finally found it :3..

Suggestion for chat box, instead of using Public... can another chat box be created? example. Chat Box /4 = TriviaBot... such that, no other people would be "bother" (as what I've read) in flooding of TriviaBot.

Suggestion for questions: I would like to petition "Story Quest" category. Since it was said that data's on RO2 files was used for TriviaBot, would it be possible to just use those files for the questions? :3 (though, I'm not sure how TriviaBot works)

PS. Hopefully some of the Gods/Goddess would go to Freya hahahaha... I want to earn points, too XD... Some new players just give up without trying it because they saw Gods/Goddess answering the question :3.. Lucky for me I don't give up easily :3

#107 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• 386 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:29 AM

PS. Hopefully some of the Gods/Goddess would go to Freya hahahaha... I want to earn points, too XD... Some new players just give up without trying it because they saw Gods/Goddess answering the question :3.. Lucky for me I don't give up easily :3

I plan to stay on Odin.. But I'm not too hard to beat, category depending.

#108 RenKasha

RenKasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

i have this problem i can score and get my score fine but i can't redeem anything

Spoiler

#109 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:22 PM

request!! Card Album needed... XD put it in the redeem list please, everyone would love it^^

#110 RenKasha

RenKasha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

i have this problem i can score and get my score fine but i can't redeem anything

Spoiler

still can't redeem anything please help anyone?...

#111 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

still can't redeem anything please help anyone?...

Do you get this problem with every redeem command or only #3? I'm having a hard time figuring out what might be the cause here since it seems the redeem 3 command works fine for everyone else including myself, if you can whisper me on Tonitrua or LCMCards next time you're online I can try to work out the problem.

#112 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

Request for prize..... VIP (7days) hahahaha :3.... why only 3 days? :'(

#113 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Starting after maintenance, this new prize list will go in effect for TriviaBot. Some items have been changed out, and will be rotated every few weeks or months to keep the selection fresh. If you have suggestions for future prizes, you're always welcome to PM me here on the forum.

prizelist.png

And before anyone asks, the Trivia title and random box are still bogged down in development as everyone has been a bit busy with the Jawaii patch, but they are making progress at least. I'll keep you all posted as I hear more.

#114 jvafreitas

jvafreitas

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

i just want to play ;-;

#115 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Spoiler

hmm so THIS is the Chaos Random Box? o.o

And well, no more RRs haha should have redeemed one before leaving D=

#116 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

hmm so THIS is the Chaos Random Box? o.o

That's the one, a little something for the gamblers out there (note also that it gives more than one of certain items on that list) :P Rune Removers may come back in a future prize list, but I don't want it to get boring with the same items forever either.

Edited by Tonitrua, 15 July 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#117 Misfit1

Misfit1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSomewhere dark and scary D:

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:47 AM

May i ask what's untradeable or tradeable in this new prize list? :3 *Eyes those spinel repair kits for my HHB farmer*

#118 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:26 AM

May i ask what's untradeable or tradeable in this new prize list? :3 *Eyes those spinel repair kits for my HHB farmer*

I'll try to get this info posted later today.

#119 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

Hey everyone.

I'll be gone out of town from Friday-Monday, so if you spend your trivia points for items, you will get them on Tuesday when I return.

#120 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

The precise honing hammers will be bound, the other new prizes should be unbound.

#121 Nihonbashi

Nihonbashi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Thor's dad

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

So we can actually get Hokoko's VIP card or the card thats in kafra shop now?

#122 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

So we can actually get Hokoko's VIP card or the card thats in kafra shop now?

If you mean the one in the Chaos Random Box, it will be the Hokohoko VIP. Those boxes are already created as they are, so they won't change even if the one in Kafra shop does.

#123 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:20 PM

LOL... should have read this hahahahaha GMNjoror is out </3... that's why there still no phantom box hahaha... oh well 1 more day to wait hihihihi...

*excited to try phantom box :X*

#124 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:41 AM

11755713_1661770804053096_97751180677837

#125 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 06:12 AM

TriviaBot did a mistake, then doing another mistake to cover the previous mistake, its really a serious mistake to think its not a mistake! 

iuoAeZn.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users