Public Chat TriviaBot! [Prizes Updated] - Page 6 - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Public Chat TriviaBot! [Prizes Updated]

198 replies to this topic

#126 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I don't see the issue. You probably have Epele blocked already before this screenie (for w/e reason, just don't like her, didn't like that she can get points instead of you, or just to remove unwanted clutter). That's why no text from her, but she still got the point. BaMax6 also tried to answer. So you proceeded to blocked him/her. While you doing that Trivia asked another question, the gears inside of BaMax6 started moving along with his fingers and by the time you typed up your answer, BaMax6 had already been blocked, answered, and got the point. At this point you got jealous and wanted to troll or cheat the system like you did at your old server, and posted this here. That sound about right?

#127 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Actually, no. I wasn't even present for that session. So that wasn't me, however. I *did* answer the question at the end of the last session just before the bot replied with Time Up. So the bot may have just become desynchronised due to that.

#128 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

TriviaBot did a mistake, then doing another mistake to cover the previous mistake, its really a serious mistake to think its not a mistake! 

iuoAeZn.png

I'll look into this one, I can't immediately see what went wrong here but it seems like an unusual circumstance.. has this happened more frequently than just this screenshot?

#129 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

TriviaBot did a mistake, then doing another mistake to cover the previous mistake, its really a serious mistake to think its not a mistake! 

iuoAeZn.png

Blocking people in chat does not prevent them from answering before you lol.  Stop being mad.

#130 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

Interesting that you remember trivabot session chronology, more interesting that he wasn't trying to pull some BS.

#131 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Interesting that you remember trivabot session chronology, more interesting that he wasn't trying to pull some BS.

#132 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:43 AM

Blocking people in chat does not prevent them from answering before you lol.  Stop being mad.

I've checked triviabot's logs and his screenshots of those questions confirms it wasn't a case of someone else answering first but being blocked by the player who took the screenshot, so something did in fact go wrong:

XaeXihy.png

o6RQAxS.png

#133 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

I've checked triviabot's logs and his screenshots of those questions confirms it wasn't a case of someone else answering first but being blocked by the player who took the screenshot, so something did in fact go wrong:

XaeXihy.png

o6RQAxS.png

just ignore that attention seeking fellow. who would have blocking Epele, also blocking action will show in chatbox too.

i think this happened twice before on me too last week, few others has witnessed, arbalist stole my points w/o even present, another time i had forgotten the ign. well, more frequent occurrence is that 2nd or 3rd answered get the point. 

#134 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

Attention seeking... says the guy with one of the cutest little kitty pix I've ever seen... aww... that's so cute.

#135 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:50 AM

XaeXihy.png

o6RQAxS.png

I stand corrected

#136 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:31 AM

here's another TrollBot show i mentioned~

TfdPhi6.png

#137 Kyperion

Kyperion

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

maybe Juxy*pyon went on whisper mode to triviabot... so his answer is still valid.. 

#138 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

maybe Juxy*pyon went on whisper mode to triviabot... so his answer is still valid.. 

if its from those attention seeking ppl who know nothing about trivia making comment, we just ignore them. but you also jump onto the bandwagon of wild imagination... you should know xPotchie is Jux and reading his reaction in the chatbox, its something extraordinary for us regular trivia players. 

i'm not mad or what for losing points, just want to help out toni to improve his scripting. i learnt programming in the past, so i know he do care if his program goes wrong. well, it does create abit of laughter during trivia hour, sometimes we do purposely play with funny possible answer, not least triviabot decided to troll us a bit.

#139 johnwally

johnwally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:07 AM

i'm not mad or what for losing points, just want to help out toni to improve his scripting

and not losing points this way, which is highly frustrating, as you surely are =P

btw toni, like 2 days ago, in 12:00 trivia hour, Kroise managed to guess the next question answer and even though his answer appeared a bit before the question, he still won; is it bot lagging or a bot bug? if it's a bug, so i think the moment when bot begins reading answers and counting answer time as well should be fixed (sadly i don't have a screenshot, but you can check logs i think)
PS.: yeah, i'm kinda frustrated for not winning these points

#140 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:42 AM

In all honesty, if you didn't come off as a cheater/exploiter, didn't say a few choice words that managed to piss off a bunch of people and even had post deleted by a mod, didn't try so hard to belittle others, trying to fake your way through... Attention Seeker? really? I Been here about 2 years (40 posts), Kyper? About the same number. You been here all of wut? 9months? 280 posts? you kidding rite? Don't be a @$&#*77, people might be more inclined to believe you more.

Yea still believe your real intention is to cheat the system, and get extra points from Trivia. Calling Jux and Arby thieves, having your points STOLEN. Doesn't this just mean that your points were delayed and going by your logic... Didn't you STEAL points away from the next person that answered the question correct? No one noticed the next question was cut off on BOTH Screen Shots... Nope.

It's OK I believe you were really wanting to help a fellow programmer out, and point out a small glitch in the system. Even if no one believes you, I do, really.

#141 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:54 AM

Just because none of your posts get deleted doesn't mean everyone likes you. You are just not worth people's times to report about.

#142 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

In all honesty, if you didn't come off as a cheater/exploiter, didn't say a few choice words that managed to piss off a bunch of people and even had post deleted by a mod, didn't try so hard to belittle others, trying to fake your way through... Attention Seeker? really? I Been here about 2 years (40 posts), Kyper? About the same number. You been here all of wut? 9months? 280 posts? you kidding rite? Don't be a @$&#*77, people might be more inclined to believe you more.

Yea still believe your real intention is to cheat the system, and get extra points from Trivia. Calling Jux and Arby thieves, having your points STOLEN. Doesn't this just mean that your points were delayed and going by your logic... Didn't you STEAL points away from the next person that answered the question correct? No one noticed the next question was cut off on BOTH Screen Shots... Nope.

It's OK I believe you were really wanting to help a fellow programmer out, and point out a small glitch in the system. Even if no one believes you, I do, really.

if you intend on trying to do personal attack, be wise and open another thread for the purpose, not to follow me everywhere and post some unconvincing made up instances, it doesn't help. i had my points on what i said, you can deny or trying to not agreeing with me, its fine, but its stupid you carry one case to another which is totally irrelevant. your intention is obvious, advise to you, be matured like Shinyusuke, although in some post i corrected his mistake, or having different opinion of him, but in next thread we still discussing without carrying personal differences in the past. 

does how much posts really matter to you? for most of the time here, most of my post has been sharing information, from forgotten payon to upcoming jawaii, i never notice my post count as its useless statistic for me, you can use that to try to insult me is amazing.

For this matter, Toni has already proved me right by providing log from bot, try harder next time.

#143 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:03 AM

Atchoooo someone is talking about me? :p_angel:

Anyway i don't know how this game is programmed but is it possible that it's a problem of server lag that make the times messed up and that make the bot point the wrong player?

#144 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:21 AM

Triviabot is sacred ground, take your flame-baiting elsewhere ):

I can confirm that I have stolen and have had points stolen from me several times before, unintentionally of course. "Stolen" is just a convenient term, but there is nothing intentional a player can do to actually influence this bug. No one has called anyone a thief here until you did Numbers. Anyways, this used to happen if several players spoke at the same time, but the recent ones were more random.

#145 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

just ignore that attention seeking fellow. who would have blocking Epele, also blocking action will show in chatbox too.

i think this happened twice before on me too last week, few others has witnessed, arbalist stole my points w/o even present, another time i had forgotten the ign. well, more frequent occurrence is that 2nd or 3rd answered get the point. 

Pretty sure that's the same thing as calling you a thief or am I wrong? Maybe I'm reading it wrong and he just wanted a gift. And I don't know what this flame-baiting you're talking about, must be some new generation thing, I'm too old for that ish.

Just to clearify. Bot making a mistake is a non-issue, confirmed already by Epele. I wasn't the only one that thinks he's sketchy. I'm just tired of people always wanting something for nothing, which I already stated, is what I think his intentions are.

#146 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

Hey, all.

Sorry about the delay in getting prizes out. Last night's maintenance was rough.

I'll be sending out the rewards for the past 5 or so days tonight, so we should be caught up by the end of the day.

#147 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

Like I said, stealing is just a convenient term. I do not consider that an accusation of me being a thief at all. Amilus and I are both aware there's nothing a player can do to influence this bug. If you think you're defending me, you aren't, so please don't. As well, Toni has confirmed that it's a bug on Triviabot's side, so just drop it.

Flame baiting:

Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the "troll" (original poster provoking angry response) often has no real interest in, and finds humour, or entertainment in reactions. 

Basically, you're trying to defame Amilus, and it's pointless by now. At this point, all you're just attacking Amilus' credibility and trying to provoke more responses. In this case, you would be in more trouble than he is because of your accusatory posts. If you feel he's doing something wrong, you can take it to Private Messages,you can take it to WP Support, but you are not allowed to accuse him on the forums like this.

#148 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

YEtCP0y.png

Ks3S6Lg.png

got these from 12x chaos random boxes, everything is tradeable except adventure's pack.

Edited by Amilus, 22 July 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#149 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:07 AM

YEtCP0y.png

Ks3S6Lg.png

got these from 12x chaos random boxes, everything is tradeable except adventure's pack.

:p_omg:  I need to do more trivia  :p_omg:

#150 akaaree

akaaree

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

I once got away with typing mother puppy** in public. Trivia bot told me I won.
Trivia is life. Trivia bot will never be fixed. Just like the rest of ro2s bugs.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users