[R] Guide on How to Win - kickstart after rebirth - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[R] Guide on How to Win - kickstart after rebirth

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Simona

Simona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Northern Europe
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

Ok so here's my guide on quickly passing the dreaded early transcendent levels - the times when you're so feeble and weak and nothing you're able to kill seems to give decent % - all the way up until you're high enough to do gramps turnins. I did this on a hunter with Janeway, but it also works fine without her - as long as you remember to not overlevel the mentioned quests without taking them; make sure to have one of each in your quest log before leveling above it's range.

Pros:

• Lots of loot - I found 3 cards + lots of valuable common loot such as stems or strawberries - should earn you enough for rebirth
  • Get to know the basics of the class you play
  • Easy post-rebirth levels
  • Some more zeny after rebirth
  • Nowhere near as much hassle as it may seem

What you need:

• To start right as the character is made - if you're 99 it's a bit too late
  • A wee bit of patience (but less than early reborn levels require, imo)
  • Just a little zeny (I used about 10 000 hunting arrows, 500 fly wings plus several kafra teleports. I didn't need pots though, because Janeway's novice pots and looted healing items did the job.) - A few hundred k should do it 
  • A killer class or a battle build, because although the monsters will be well under your best power, being strong will make things a lot smoother and rebirth will allow you to redo your stats anyway. 

For new players: Useful information on classes, builds and pretty much everything can be found HERE.

The key to winning is THIS wonderful feature, and less importantly also THIS one. I did both.

1) After creating your character (before hitting lvl 12, thus you can do the first Janeway quest of 5 porings beforehand):

Go to Eden Group HQ and talk to the 1-11 board. Choose to take all the offered killing quests. Do not head out to complete them yet. Do the same at Prontera, Geffen and Payon 1-20 bounty boards. Change to your desired first class, level on. It is not forbidden to complete the said quests, but keep in mind the rule written in bold above. 

2) Between levels 11-25 you may take the Eden Group HQ quest of the according range, however Janeway's Payon Dungeon quest will get you flying past that range to level 35. Take all of the the Eden Group 26-40 hunting missions (skip delivery and collecting) as well as the 21-50 bounty boards in Prontera, Geffen and Payon. Level on. 

3) At level 41, a whole new set of quests will become available. Janeway's Elder Willow hunting will get you to level 45; Again, take all of the Eden Group 41-55 quests, the 41-75 bounty boards in Prontera and Payon, 41-70 in Geffen, and additionally 40-60 in Comodo. Yes, all of them. Level on.

Those quests are already enough to get you a long way. Make sure to not turn any of them in before rebirth. Taking more of those quests at higher levels is optional. Don't forget to change to your 2nd job when the time is right.

4) After reaching level 99, it's time to go on an adventure! Finish all of the said kill counts. Most of the monsters have one field where they spawn in huge amounts plus several other fields where they are present. Some are present in most of the fields you'll be visiting so that you will get them done on the go. The kill counts don't exceed 150 and the monsters are not hard anymore for level 99, therefore you will not be staying on one field for long enough for it to get dull or boring. Since you will be killing thousands of monsters, you are likely to find a few cards or rare items and quite huge piles of common loot. You will get to explore quite a remarkable chunk of the Ragnarok Online world and practice killing on your character. DO NOT turn any of the completed quests in! 

For selling the found loots, a merchant character with Vending and lvl 10 Overcharge is needed - unless you're doing this on a merchant already and have the said skills, obviously. Some common loots such as stems or various usable items sell like hot cakes for decent prices. To check the market prices of things, THIS is a good site, however if you have a single item with a ridiculously low market price, it may be best to sell it to an NPC - with overcharge, of course.

5) After you've reborn, it's time to reap the profits! I suggest killing stuff on the field south from Prontera (except Creamies) until you get to your high first class and then turning the completed quests in as follows: 

• All of the Eden Group HQ quests (may also be turned in immediately after rebirth since the job level reward is negligible)
  • Bounty Board 1-20 in Prontera, Geffen and Payon
  • Bounty Board 21-50 in Prontera, Geffen and Payon
    Don't forget to change to your 2nd job as soon as you hit job level 50. 
  • The 41+ Bounty Boards in Prontera, Geffen and Payon
  • The Comodo Bounty Board
  • Any higher level quests you may have taken

​That will get you started nicely; the bounty boards also reward zeny, therefore you will not be totally broke after completing this. If you're VIP, you may also choose to get only base or job exp; I used that opportunity to even up my first class job level with base after turning in the Eden quests and to make sure to hit Base 70 after changing to 2nd job; I ended up a 70/12 sniper and a few kills away from leveling up both base and job. It felt pretty damn great.

Edited by Simona, 05 May 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#2 kest21

kest21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

nice guide. kinda tedious that suit ro world. sadly no janeway for now.

Edited by kest21, 09 May 2015 - 07:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users