5/6 Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/6 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

Event

Ice Dungeon TI Event continues

One week: Compensation Santa arrives in central Prontera. You can either get a free skill reset or a item package. Must be level 75 or up to claim. 

Update

Cursed Armor Quest continues! Speak to Robby "The Lobe" (the Shoe NPC in Alberta) to continue the quest. It will take you to Aldebaran where you will receive a Cursed Manteau!

Effects: 

Novice class, +100 hp
Mage class, skill sp cost reduced by %10 percent
Aco class, +50% sp recovery
Thief class, +10 flee
Merchant class, increase potion recovery by 20%
Swordsman class, +200 hp
Archer class, +10 crit

Weight: 20
Equippable by novice/first and second classes only

Any problems with Gopinich in Moscovia? 

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:08 PM

That looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

#3 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

Is classic getting any more compensation beyond just VIP?

#4 Kuyami

Kuyami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:40 PM

Are you reading the suggestions for compensation on this thread: http://forums.warppo...i-compensation/ ?

Campitor asked what would be a good compensation, but then kinda dissapeared...

#5 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Are you reading the suggestions for compensation on this thread: http://forums.warppo...i-compensation/ ?

Campitor asked what would be a good compensation, but then kinda dissapeared...

I am now, thanks~

#6 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

We will announce it tomorrow. It will be the same format as the Santa NPC but not the same give aways

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:56 PM

When are you going to fix detard?

#8 Hiffba

Hiffba

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:01 PM

Please consider increasing spawn rate in Ice Dungeon 3. The spawn used to be greater than this when there was an event.

Edited by Hiffba, 05 May 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#9 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

Nevermind.

Edited by squirreI, 06 May 2015 - 12:18 AM.

#10 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:46 PM

Nope, seems to be working fine, thanks for putting it in.

The garment seems okay, what about the bonuses for expanded classes?

Have you been drafting up anything for the Q2 roadmap? I assume most of the Thor panic has settled down and you've got some more time for Classic/Renewal now.

Squirrel: I think they gave the accounts that missed out VIP yesterday, I think they got all of mine.

Edit: Also have you seen this thread http://forums.warppo...actice-edition/ ? It seems like something that could interest people mid-week and give the pvp/woe only players something to do as their gameplay is heavily focused on the weekend right now.

Edited by Themes, 05 May 2015 - 09:03 PM.

#11 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:38 PM

Respawn area yes.png

Respawn time yes.png

AI yes.png

Drops so far seem accurate

I forgot Chimeras are still missing in Glast Heim (there should be 3 of them in gl_cas02). Currently, the only natural respawn for it is Endless Tower.

I would also like to bring back up this idea : http://forums.warppo...e-dungeon-mk-2/

I thought it could be a good way to introduce the missing items from the New World with something like token rewards that could be exchanged for the equipments:

#12 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:08 PM

Does anyone like the idea of getting giant fly wings as rewards for doing the monster TI's? Having a TI like ID3 needs to stay imo - could change each week or month I guess too.

#13 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

Does anyone like the idea of getting giant fly wings as rewards for doing the monster TI's? Having a TI like ID3 needs to stay imo - could change each week or month I guess too.

It's too easy to complete the TIs. That kind of a reward is grossly disproportionate to the amount of effort required for it. They'd almost certainly have to be account bound.

imo gwings only serve to kill parties anyway. Players become reliant on the EXP/h efficiency they bring forward. You can see the consequences of that attitude in typical party length and player attitudes on Renewal.

A reward of some kind would be nice though.

#14 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:12 AM

I think pvp badges would be a great idea? How much per though? 5? 10?

#15 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:47 AM

Squirrel: I think they gave the accounts that missed out VIP yesterday, I think they got all of mine.

Edit: Also have you seen this thread http://forums.warppo...actice-edition/ ? It seems like something that could interest people mid-week and give the pvp/woe only players something to do as their gameplay is heavily focused on the weekend right now.

Ah thanks. Yeah I haven't logged in since we got it so I had no idea. Just checked and I have vip now.

Yeah I saw a little bit of that thread but haven't looked too much into it. I think it is a good idea that has a lot of different possibilities. Good and bad possibilities. I think it would help overall though. I wouldn't really have much time to take advantage of it unfortunately.

#16 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:20 AM

I think pvp badges would be a great idea? How much per though? 5? 10?

There has been a lot of discussion over the last year or so about adding things to encourage players who dont need the exp to show up and help out with turn in parties, some off the top of my head:

I havent really been all that interested in Titans yet as I think Dragons are faster, but I've definitely put in some time helping pull in Dragons without putting anything in the party. It'd be really cool to encourage more people to get together and join parties even if they dont just need the exp. The rewards would really have to toe the line between being worth the time and not too much as having a small group of people in a party get extra bonuses is one thing, but running a group full of max level characters to farm the bonuses is another.

Right now we've got a handful of custom-ish turnin NPCs that a lot of people probably dont know about. It'd be neat to see them all get used and rotated around to keep things fresh for people as long as the exp/rewards were evenly balanced. You could divide them up into two or three categories related to difficulty/party size and then rotate through them making sure you've got one of each for small/medium/large parties in different places going on. So people who were graduating from Janeway could step into the small party (eg goats) then after getting some levels or making some zeny move on to a medium difficulty (titans) and finish off their leveling with a harder scarier place (dragons).

Right now it really depends on what the GMs are planning on, they're currently cleaning up after Thor and probably just starting to make time to deal with Classic/Renewal again. There's a lot of things they've been proposing and unfortunately lots of things have been abandoned unfinished or just never seen the light of day. In saying that they've also managed to get Janeway/Asgard up in that time which has been pretty great so it's just down to picking and choosing carefully while following things through until they're finished.

#17 PrinsesaEly

PrinsesaEly

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:56 AM

Good Pm GM Oda,

my concern is that the cursed manteu, The Lobe says after I got the cursed shoes is that the sunken and turtle island things. No clue for the alde baran.. is it implemented already? or does it have a level requirement?

#18 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:25 AM

Please consider increasing spawn rate in Ice Dungeon 3. The spawn used to be greater than this when there was an event.

Are you camping the entrance? If so, problem's on your end. Roam, or consider a different setup point. I've done ID3 thrice on stream so far, and despite issues in some cases (lol i'm gonna pull on an hp pro party 2015) we had plenty to murder. I think I commented on this last time this was around, but there are other places to go besides right next to the snowman and mondo mobs end up near the top!

If you're roaming, could be a party's just getting your junk. Some pullers ARE beasts. I'd like to hear spawn numbers anyway, just in case. My last ID3 party might have made me biased, because it was sweeeeeet~

#19 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 06 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

Update on lucky box for May please Oda/Camp

#20 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Good Pm GM Oda,

my concern is that the cursed manteu, The Lobe says after I got the cursed shoes is that the sunken and turtle island things. No clue for the alde baran.. is it implemented already? or does it have a level requirement?

You'll be able to pick up that quest after our maintenance is done today!

#21 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:04 AM

So... before Maintenance you drop a bunch of MVPs including Poring the Conqueror with 99m hp in Alberta. In this event I spent like 700 mat bombs, which I see now they were wasted for nothing since nobody cared about that the MVP was still alive and like 20 people were helping killing him. So I gained nothing coz u guys went to maint before we could finish him, and i lost a -_-n lot. THANKS!

If you would have said "Finish him before Maint or whatever", I would have not participated since the MVP has a -_-n lot of hp.

Edited by Sushi, 06 May 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#22 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

Sooooo i just waisted all my bombs on porring the conquerer and maintenance started and i am not happy that it started before it died

nothing makes me more angry than a wasting of my supplies that i work hard for and now i have nothing to show for it

grrrrrrrrrrrr i expect it will be made up to me in some way

#23 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

i don't understand what you guys are saying....so the maintenance should wait for you guys to kill the MVP? that's kinda fun...

#24 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

oh well, i think ongina is being sarcastic =P

#25 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

Well, if you summon an MVP of 99m HP, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users