5/6 Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

5/6 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:52 AM

Ok so here's a little bit of an effortpost for type/location for the turnins that i know of (I'm not sure of experience values):

Kill counts:

• Medusas  level 75-95 Beach Dungeon 01 entrance (originally implemented Jan 8 2014 here: http://forums.warppo...r-january-2014/ )
  • Juno Bounty Board kill 150 of any Goat, Harpy, Sleeper, Grand Peco level ??-?? Juno town 186,148 (added here: http://forums.warppo...04-maintenance/ ) can be done at the same time as the goats quest on the map
  • Rachel Adventurers Guild level ??-?? kill 150 of any Ice Titan, Gazeti, Snowier, Siroma, Roween, Muscipular, Hodremlin, Seeker, Isilla, Agav, Echio, Gremlin, Beholder, Vanberk, Stapo, Galion, Hill Wind, Metaling, Drosera, Anopheles, Wild Rose, Gryphon Rachel town 120,149 (added Feb 26 here: http://forums.warppo...-february-2014/ ) can be done at the same time as as the Ice Dungeon quests
  • Izlude Adventurers Guild level ??-?? kill ?? of any Vadon, Kukre, Plankton, Hydra, Cornutus, Marse, Merman, Marine Sphere, Sword Fish, Phen, Deviace, Strouf, Whisper, Pirate Skeleton, Obeaune, Penomena Izlude Town 130, 80 (couldnt find any details about when this was added)
  • Magma turnins level ??-90 50-150 Lava Golems Nogg Road 1 entrance, level ??-?? 50-150 Deleters (I think both types?) Nogg Road 2 entrance (not entirely sure when this was added, found a date for the Deleters early 2014)
  • Dragons event (details here: http://irowiki.org/c..._~_(2010/06/03))
  • Ice Dungeon (details here: http://irowiki.org/c..._~_(2010/09/23))
  • Juperos level ??-?? quest for each colour at the entrance, not too sure about these as I havent actually gone to do them yet myself (added here: http://forums.warppo...tenance-thread/)

As well as most of the things on this page: http://irowiki.org/c...able_EXP_Quests both kill quest and item turnins. I think we may have the Peco Peco turnin disabled here still (not that it really matters with Janeway) I'm not entire sure about the Mantis/Disguise/Zhu Po Long/Loli Ruri kill quests either.

Sorry about the format but it's late and I wanted to write them down while I was thinking about it and somewhat motivated. I'm not sure if that's all of them, just the ones that come to mind right now.

There's a few other cool places to level on the server which have received pretty huge buffs making them cool places to visit even without turnin quests:

There's also the challenge dungeon which is currently 100% unfinished located behind the Prontera Church 273,341. The monsters dont drop anything or award enough exp based on their difficulty, but the last challenge dungeon owned and with some changes this one could be a lot of fun too! Hopefully with Thors stuff being done the GMs will come back to it and polish it up as it's pretty close to being playable.

Edit: Forgot Juperos! If anyone spots anything I'm missing or knows level ranges etc please speak up, it'd be cool to have it all in one place for a change. I might write up another post full of the other "things you probably dont know about Classic" later too if people are interested.

Edited by Themes, 10 May 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 May 2015 - 12:55 AM

thanks themes, I'll see what I can do later.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

Also I'll be asking it in the foundry thread, but what should the effects be for the Cursed newbie headgear? Should there be a set bonus?

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

Also I'll be asking it in the foundry thread, but what should the effects be for the Cursed newbie headgear? Should there be a set bonus?

What is the upper level limit on that stuff? cause I've met some newbs that did a couple of Janeway quests not even knowing about the equipment quests and they were locked out

also answer other stuff pls

#55 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 May 2015 - 10:43 AM

What is the upper level limit on that stuff? cause I've met some newbs that did a couple of Janeway quests not even knowing about the equipment quests and they were locked out

also answer other stuff pls

I'll check the scripts for level requirements. I don't really think we need 'em. 

For the questions about Challenge, PVP etc. it's all depending on available Campitor time. 

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 07 May 2015 - 11:01 AM

I'll check the scripts for level requirements. I don't really think we need 'em. 

For the questions about Challenge, PVP etc. it's all depending on available Campitor time. 

I'll take an answer on Detard and a list of the available turn in quests for wiki as a compromise.

No point bringing new players to the server if they don't know where to go or what to do, yanno.

#57 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

@Themes, ahhhh thanks very much that's mega helpful. Good place to direct newbs.

#58 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:50 PM

So I had some time last night....

http://forums.warppo...-about-classic/

#59 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:58 PM

RANDOM QUESTION: why do we have to pay for weddings? the irl cash requirement got knocked off for transcending in lieu of more zeny, why not do that for weddings? i'm told it's like 6 bucks (600 points) for an in-game marriage. that seems kinda crazy. is marriage that abusable that we've gotta stick it behind the paywall? people used to have a lot of fun with that back in the day :(

#60 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:39 PM

You can buy the wedding cert box from another player selling kp. The box itself is tradeable but once opened I believe it's account bound... otherwise having VIP = unlimited weddings with the normal reqs.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

Yeah, weddings on nonvip accs always did seem crazy expensive

#62 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

i realize that buying via a kp seller is a thing, but i'm more focused on the price of the thing. asking for someone else, and i didn't even realize it'd be 600 cause i didn't know the base was 300 and you need 2 until they told me. 600 kp can get you a hat. you can get some hats and have kp left over. you can get groove boxes! vip i don't think is really a reasonable answer in this case. you'd have to get vip on both accounts, or get the marriage license for the other, wouldn't you? that's pretty excessive for something that's not too gamebreaking, i don't think. or maybe it is? i'm not sure.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:56 PM

Maybe there should be a quest for it

#64 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:43 PM

Is there a particular reason why Adrenaline Rush Scrolls haven't been implemented into the KP shop yet?

Adrenaline Rush Scrolls were supposed to be implemented along side Agility Up Scrolls, Blessing Scrolls, Assumptio Scrolls, etc.

Can we finally have this long overdue item in the KP Shop this coming maintenance, please?

#65 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

We need less p2w not more. We should do away with scrolls altogether. Put other -_- in random boxes for the low tier rewards and get rid of the directly purchasable bulk scroll boxes.

The ONLY scrolls I feel should stay in are Aspersios, but tbh those should probably vanish as well.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:43 PM

if anyone wins because of AR scrolls I'll delete my char

#67 wafsering

wafsering

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos, Loki, Thor

Posted 11 May 2015 - 03:22 AM

EDIT: nvm, keep up the good work! :D

Edited by wafsering, 11 May 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#68 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

i realize that buying via a kp seller is a thing, but i'm more focused on the price of the thing. asking for someone else, and i didn't even realize it'd be 600 cause i didn't know the base was 300 and you need 2 until they told me. 600 kp can get you a hat. you can get some hats and have kp left over. you can get groove boxes! vip i don't think is really a reasonable answer in this case. you'd have to get vip on both accounts, or get the marriage license for the other, wouldn't you? that's pretty excessive for something that's not too gamebreaking, i don't think. or maybe it is? i'm not sure.

Yea, I spose the price is a bit high since it's cheaper on Renewal, they should probably match that. Kind of forget how the server is lacking population that it makes it a bit worse price wise for something that's largely for fun. I bought a cert last week without much thought on the price since I just wanted to get married either way lol, but I can't imagine they have many people doing that.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

Can we get BG's fixed just a tiny bit? It's hard to get tierra running when one of the rooms always causes an error for every player

The offending npc is the one on the left here, (bat_room 151, 175) 8v8 Tierra Officer

UCzFdHf.jpg

The other one is fine.

Also regarding BG a few suggestions:

Bring Tierra rewards in line with Flavius

Reason : People actually fight in Tierra / it's more fun.

Fix Flavius. Currently dying at the same time as the respawn portal is activated causes the player to disconnect.

Suggested fix

• Remove auto respawn in favour of npc w/ cooldown from entry (on touch when warped in)
  • Move death spawn point away from respawn warp

additional bonus to make more fun:

• Nerf guardians somewhat

Edited by Xellie, 11 May 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#70 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

Can we get BG's fixed just a tiny bit? It's hard to get tierra running when one of the rooms always causes an error for every player

The offending npc is the one on the left here, (bat_room 151, 175) 8v8 Tierra Officer

UCzFdHf.jpg

The other one is fine.

What kind of error is appearing?

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

errored myself for science .-.

xLfxJQL.png?1

edit: this is after you go through the dialogue and the npc moves you to the waiting room

Edited by Xellie, 11 May 2015 - 01:20 PM.

#72 MrGCV

MrGCV

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Louyang
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:39 PM

I tried doing the cursed manteau quest in alberta and the npc doesn't give me an armor or a quest. Is there something wrong?

#73 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 12 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

May lucky box plz

#74 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:10 AM

I tried doing the cursed manteau quest in alberta and the npc doesn't give me an armor or a quest. Is there something wrong?

Did you try starting the quest in alberta or did you get started in Asgard Village? What does the NPC say to you?

#75 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:20 AM

Is there a particular reason why Adrenaline Rush Scrolls haven't been implemented into the KP shop yet?

Adrenaline Rush Scrolls were supposed to be implemented along side Agility Up Scrolls, Blessing Scrolls, Assumptio Scrolls, etc.

Can we finally have this long overdue item in the KP Shop this coming maintenance, please?

Oda?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users