Hunter/Avenger/Ranger Class Update Preview and talks - Page 5 - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Hunter/Avenger/Ranger Class Update Preview and talks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
239 replies to this topic

#101 mjwx5

mjwx5

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

before you go souping up rangers and avengers (which i do look forward to) you should focus on fixing the issue or what you change in these class's will mean absolutely nothing

#102 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:32 AM

Kaz skill updates have taken over 18 months and your saying wait for next maint cause he might actually do something.... come on ... really?

#103 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

Sometimes I feel like we all in alpha early access for last 7 odd years

#104 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

Sometimes I feel like we all in alpha early access for last 7 odd years

in some ways , you are right , it is like a perma beta test... introducing new items , revamping classes... but honestly beta test is not something negative , even a perma one during years i think...

that could be a source of stimulation and "excitment"...

the matter come more from the fact it's made by a lonesome man and that infos coming "parts by parts" , we can have no idea of the "biggest plan" , considering like would say some players in here "there is (probably) none , unable dev...etc etc... blahblah blah" , whatever right or not , it seems nothing will change situation anyway.

i would like to see more developpers too , brainstorming together for a well done global "picture" of how the game should turn. but it seems it's not to hope. helium recently give us more infos about enchants for weapons , new armors , new weapons. but yes , still , i can't picture the big "scheme" if there is one , and i suppose i am not alone.

i think that's why this perma beta aspect is more a source of angriness , bitterness , sadness etc than a stimulation. and i don't think that we will have a global picture of everything some day with the actual "slightness" of the dev team. adding to that of course that the revamp of class is so long that the OPness of some destroy the pleasure to play for all others 

aka zerks and defis... even the revamp of elems , who are VERY strong , wasn't sooo epic . and yeah i know , if you consider it , not many things was done for defis/ domis : stealing mp is not really usefull and not many things changes. BUT just the actual Attack of Curse make the class insane added to skills they had already... high damages on full resistance , epic CD , epic heals... a machine gun leeching you...good joke. won't talk again here about zerks of course we allready know all about that.

and yeah i know : some pretend we should wait and see what is made for others classes that "will probably" (lmao) make things more balanced , meaning "no , no, don't nerf my OP class now , that's not fair i will stop to play". But sorry , i disagree.

create balance towards such skills would mean everybody , all classes with same types of skills. what is absurd. if balance have to come against the specificity of each classes , then delete all the classes except one and put everything inside : like in some others games , all players will choose the same OP skill in the possibles build and neglect all others.

will win the one with the better hardware and internet. = making a game BORING AS HELL .

the revamp for Hunter / avenger take too long , and will probably end with something not as OP than zerk and defis anyway. So i can't even talk for my classes that will come even after , and i don't believe they will turn meaning either after revamp. I try , but really i can't believe it at all , just because a prot is not a pew-pewer or a crowder and that pew-pewer and crowders have OP def and heals. For the reason i said before just to play it OP i don't want a prot working like a pew-pewer or a crowder : meaning it would necessarily be WEAKER for pvp.

So , still the best solution would be to nerf ability for theses classes to have so much HP and DEF. Even without waiting to finihs the full revamp , that , again ,will take months , will make many classes probably look and work like all others , or won't bring balance because  not receiving benefit of same type of OP skills.

unless , i suppose , Helium post us some day a thing like :

"so, here is my big picture of what requiem will be , and how will work together classes inside it both for pvp and pve :

.....[put the full explanation here].... "

well at last hunter and venger can max contribution without feeding like commies and prots i suppose. :p_sick:

#105 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:20 AM

All sh1t, balance start from the items. 

#106 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:35 AM

All sh1t, balance start from the items. 

well yes : you are right : nerf staff and knuckles added scad too. no reason magis benefit of big SCAD while SS physics have hard times to reach 1,5 SCAD ( some magis have 2,8 it seems).

but seriously , yes , it will be an answer , but with titanic amounts of QQ , like the ten last players in game playing magis and not zerks  crying about how it's not fair to nerf their OPness :p_devil:

no. really . i can understand that an OP skill can help free players with low gears if there are still some .  But simple fact : if an avergae defi can kill a "so-called OP" prot in ten seconds just by spamming one skill , there is a SERIOUS problem that has nothing to do with gears : sorry but i can't really see any way to gear me better than how i am theses days.

can ONLY mean one thing : problem come from the skill. I am really sorry for domis as i suppose it help them to solo "lil" raids bosses , but unless we said they put it in second job and nerf defis one without nerfing domi's one, there are not many issues. and whatever , like for mystics , even if toons and gears get more and more OP , i think nobody should be able to solo raids bosses whatever the classes. Not even prots , even if for differents reasons :

who would be crazy enough to stay 4 hours on hitting a boss ? and even if you want to do it afk and that prots turn really OP , well , build one , and leave it while going at work. Everybody can create many toons on many accounts , it's absolutely not unfair to think to that like that.

items can be part of problem , but don't come at all in equation (except again maybe for the SCAD aspect , and yeah , i agree , we  should have SCAD on swords TOO after all, like i think Hadro said somewhere else) when you talk about a fight between same lvl/same gears people.

i am still ok to die at defis hand cause it's LOGIC , the same way no physic should be able to take out a tank easily. BUT in ten second with just ONE skill on 35K HP full resistance ? and adding heals making the defi so sure of himself that he don't have to run even a little ? just tanking you easily ? cause he gain more HP on yours that what you can remove ? LMAO : absolutely NOT.

#107 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

Your actually both correct . What sort of a company adds new OP gear mid way through class skill rebalancung? That just tells me no research was done on what possible stats and dmg can be achieved by each class . It would be illogical to release new gear if ud based your reskills on the gear available at the time.

#108 Lupino1985

Lupino1985

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

My God, you guys took the SCAD Staff level of 90, and now as we get, ie this was a joke in bad taste, alias, and this trick as money spent to make this staff +30, thinking she would stay with these status , lack of respect, that's another reason to remove the players of the game, each falls short, I want answers for which reason it was done, for we have no place else complained and we see our rights to not be you guys even, know that I'm very angry but I hope to return to leave as she was, why should I hunt my rights, that crime and deception, can not stay like this, I'm waiting!

#109 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

well , it happen to the wand first , why not the staff ? :heh:

all gears for prots/commies and now berzerks as theses noobs use shield too seems broken :heh:  well somehow for shield Helium did it "close enough somehow ?" from what was asked , he lowered a bit block def and rise a bit block % ...have to test , sorry if i seem to be "unhappy" tho : stance with magic shield is not enough about block def i think , but why not , and i suppose zerks can still use it :p_devil:

after testing sword : it's still bugged . still lower than a trinity about damages. + the damages written are like on fluids : first number higher than second.

wand give a bit more scad because of high INT on it but remain quite the same than a +30 trin wand without enchants, not meaning (too bad if you already have the two at +30 )

bludgeon is bugged too : growing damages didn't appear (even if i suppose they applied and it's a visual bug. )

and didn't check by now , but some sins were talking about revamp of duals and bow and was looking VERY happy :heh:  again not a good new for commies and tanks ... a dual with attack speed at 1.0 said that sin ? woaw :heh:

#110 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:04 AM

Games at a point now where of he doesn't fix this mess soon Requiem will be beyond repair and empty of players. Honestly I have 0 reason to log. Garbage content that's recycled expecting me to +30 an item knowing that I could max roll every item to +30 8/8 and still not compete with a low rolling +15 zerk. Garbage game won't be milking me for this nonsense. I won't even insult you helium. You must know by now we all hate your reskills on classes. Or maybe your still of the mind set you know better than us all and we're just silly for being unhappy. Maybe you would rather Requiem was a Single player game made just for you

#111 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:07 AM

:p_devil: nope Bumble , you are wrong. Ask some others , if Requiem end with 0 players it will be because it's to much "pay to win" , not because it's too much broken/bugged/unbalanced !! :p_devil:

:heh:

#112 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:25 AM

I'm not sure anymore with 72% forge events. The pet periods and buying one to level is fully pay 2 win. Box's with 40% hp are fully pay 2 win. The entire model they run is ancient really. Never saw a company stick to a failed business model from start to finish even when all stats show massive population decline on a downward slope over 7 or more years. The new steam players and the Facebook players show this. They came and hit lvl 90. Saw what was needed from cash shop to stand any chance in game and uninstalled. But gravity in their sheer ignorance towards the customer base just take that as a sign to add more op shop items . Some logic right? Revenue decreases cause of cash shop so increase cash shop items. It's not like Requiems the only gravity game like this though. Every forum for every game they have is full of rage posts with our same issues. Would any of u even play another one of their games after the torture of Requiem? Even if they got their hands on a big budget fully finished mmorpg I'd be to worried about them editing it full of cash shop items. Here's an example . I'm playing a shooter mmo called h1z1 in early access alpha. It has between 13k and 27k players logged at all times of day. Their only cash shop items are cosmetic skins for gear. You can also call an air drop with items but any player on map who can see it can kill u and take it first. Thus is an example or a modern free to play game that care about content and user feedback making 20x the profit of a game like Requiem. Now yes both games are quite different to play but that business model is what most new games are using. No pay 2 win only shiny cosmetic items to make you look unique .

So it raises the question are gravity just greedy or really that clueless as a company ?

Edited by BumblefootV7, 16 July 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#113 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:53 AM

i see :p_smile:

However i wonder if i would accept to pay for something that finished in other hands . Better pay nothing at all. But then he society live from what ? at a moment somebody have to pay something in sufficient amount to keep things running...unless many love to pimp theirs things :heh:

but anyway , Gravity do even better than that about business model : they created the " pay to lose " one :heh:  just consider our classes in front of others :no1:

#114 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

ARKILIUS support the game! we should thanks him xD

#115 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:55 AM

ARKILIUS support the game! we should thanks him xD

pffff. :heh:

game will close soon theses days if i am supposed to be the "supportive" one. like bumble , no real reasons to log in , and no real will to play. game is far more nuker friendly than paying players friendly anyway.

one more example : when you see how many points are required to make a new weapon enchants , who will have more benefit of it ? classes designed for pvp , or classes broken like mine ? item mall have nothing to do here. Same for MDC scales , titan RH scales , carus hearts, regal sigils..etc

nothing of that what bring the real OP ness is mall dependant. much more class dependant. Again i don't really care anyway. it's just to use the same type of "complaining line" than the one about theoric "cash shoppers" :p_laugh: . and AGAIN , i totally agree for removing all the things that are unfair in item mall. and moreover to have pet perma after buying. Or even totally remove ALL pets and make a system for auto collecting loots.

but even if ALL that was done , the game would remain broken with very few players. THEN , MAYBE , you would see that cash shop is not the major problem. but yeah , we all know that it will probably never happen. :p_sad:

#116 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:26 AM

115 reply since posted 6th may. None from helium. Task abandoned to make useless items no one wanted? Sounds ligit

#117 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

115 reply since posted 6th may. None from helium. Task abandoned to make useless items no one wanted? Sounds ligit

yup

this is sad

considering that the topic was all about UPDATE preview and we got no PREVIEW

might as well have called it

"Discussion about Hunter/Venger/Ranger that will be completely ignored"

#118 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

one of the best things i have come up with regarding ranger is 5sec cd on diversionary firing.

add 5 dna for diversionary firing to reduce cooldown.

add aoe dna for diversionary firing.

add cad passive thats double other cad buff.

remove the armor penalty to all ranger buffs.

add short stealth to escaping timed by level 1-10 sec??

ranger only needs 3 skills to have to spam a escape, stun and a slow...EVERYTHING ELSE IS USELESS!!!!

then ranger can properly do its job ad 40m preventing the battle from getting to the weak. it would also destealth sins that are not in their proper place.

avenger needs to go back to its roots. KNUCKLE!!!

-avengers in s1 used knukles and had passive for it.

-pretty much all of the aoe skills in hunter need to be moved to avenger. (minus diversionary firing) , (this also allows to correct ranger by moving useless skills from hunter to avenger)

move the three aoes:

"Piercing Strike"

"Multi-strike"

"Smoke Shell"

from hunter to avenger add knuckle to list of weapons for those skill--reduce cast time to instant.  then avenger becomes a MONK BOMB THROWER...which is always what i envisioned them to be.  the defense debuffs are pretty much useless unless u double debuf.

none of what i suggest takes away from the bomb layers we all know and love. it just will make the gameplay for them much more fun.

Edited by sonemere, 06 August 2015 - 07:32 AM.

#119 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

I think one of the biggest problems with ranger is that they don't do their job of being Anti Stealth very well. The whole point of the sight skill is to be able to pop sins out of stealth before they can scud you. But with dash + scud, sins easily can catch rangers.

Maybe make the skill see further? Or maybe give them scud immunity while the buff is on? Just scud immunity, NOT stun. ONLY SCUD

#120 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

I think one of the biggest problems with ranger is that they don't do their job of being Anti Stealth very well. The whole point of the sight skill is to be able to pop sins out of stealth before they can scud you. But with dash + scud, sins easily can catch rangers.

Maybe make the skill see further? Or maybe give them scud immunity while the buff is on? Just scud immunity, NOT stun. ONLY SCUD

aoe diversionary firing ^^ pops them out of stealth and slows...

#121 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:46 AM

Ranger isn't so bad, just more passives for damage and stronger stealth-detect.

#122 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:50 AM

aoe diversionary firing ^^ pops them out of stealth and slows...

that's assuming they are close to someone you hit

most of the time the sins are camping spawn or somewhere without any team mates.

#123 silviopm

silviopm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSP-Brazil
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

Ranger isn't so bad, just more passives for damage and stronger stealth-detect.

My idea:

- Stealth Detection - Passive

Range: 25m

Duration: Permanent

- Poison Bomb Firing

Remove PHysical attack power

Change Debuff Physical Defense to "%" (like WL def debuff, but individual)

Reduce the duration to 1 minute

#124 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

At 25 meters isn't so useful, it should be a 40 meters detect, to be sure they won't get SCUD before they can un-stealth/kill the sin.

And yes, they should have an instant/low cast Long Range Defense debuff %, something like 30% and 50 meter range.

#125 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:07 AM

i would like to see one skill added in ranger.

a single target slow that does Phys damage over time based on the damage the player does(not puny dot). 10-14 sec cd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users