• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

So I did some few cd's today. I just noticed that the mages are so hard to kill! Theres like 3 mages on enemy team on cd, we cant take them down. Logic dictates that you should kill the mage or cleric first. Mages are like glass cannons. But what the hell. 3 of us katars cant bring down the shield. Theyre just recasting it with mana flames. In perspective, I think they definitely can have more hp than knights. Our team got destroyed by aoes. My friend said he has 45k mp then he can just recast it again and again spending only 20 percent of his total mana to recast... I mean I'm all out for mages to have more hp but 100 percent is too much coupled with those aoes of death

Edited by WorldDestroyerxx, 13 May 2015 - 01:20 AM.

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

For clerics shield is very good butt mage idd slightly op.

#3 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:22 AM

I kinda agree with this. It wont be long you see cd bursting of mages. All tanky aoes. lol. When their fs has lots of mana flame then its just mana shield forever

#4 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:37 AM

So I did some few cd's today. I just noticed that the mages are so hard to kill! Theres like 3 mages on enemy team on cd, we cant take them down. Logic dictates that you should kill the mage or cleric first. Mages are like glass cannons. But what the hell. 3 of us katars cant bring down the shield. Theyre just recasting it with mana flames. In perspective, I think they definitely can have more hp than knights. Our team got destroyed by aoes. My friend said he has 45k mp then he can just recast it again and again spending only 20 percent of his total mana to recast... I mean I'm all out for mages to have more hp but 100 percent is too much coupled with those aoes of death

Yea they should like be able to cast 1 aoe and die.. make them useless

Katar rules

#5 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

Why didn't you guys speak for the weak mages before (Close to extinction)? XD

Not until they're able to head on 1vs1 you that you require a nerf. Hi hi

Let the devs do their job. :P

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 13 May 2015 - 02:52 AM.

#6 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

If katars cant kill them then they should be nerfed... you agree wprld destroyer?

#7 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:01 AM

As if katar were the boss XD (Fly away)

#8 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:27 AM

Someone said,"Hawkers are Anti muse". I don't know about katars, but as a bow scout, I can't kill mages or clerics(In fair situations). So much for anti muse.

Edited by bl0b, 13 May 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#9 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:29 AM

I think that me being a katar raider shouldnt be taken into consideration or are you that bias that you think katars have that superior ego. I'm sorry but I won't delve into that. I'm speaking for the whole of people here. Mages are glass cannons like always before. They can bring lots of havoc but dies fast. Like i said I'm all out for mages having hp but if you played cd with decent mages you will know that you cant take down a good mage with good fs. Imagine being tanky, having 40k hp that you can cast and cast over again then has a lot of aoe and lots of damage? Like cmon

#10 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:44 AM

I'm a borg and I'm focusing the mage at cd but to no avail

#11 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:47 AM

Someone said,"Hawkers are Anti muse". I don't know about katars, but as a bow scout, I can't kill mages or clerics(In fair situations). So much for anti muse.

Lol Bob i dont know but I laughed at what u said XD (not laughing in an insulting way)

#12 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:55 AM

Lol champs do more damage than mages

At blob.. scouts are op you need to have "that" skill

#13 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:02 AM

We are not complaining about the damage of mages because its already known they do good aoe damage. Like I said they are glass cannons and yes you are right champs definitely do more damage ESPECIALLY the axe but I made this thread not because of that but because of the manashield of mages. People have builds of 40k and above mp. They do good aoe damage and can tank now. Its one thing to do good aoe damage but having more hp( with consecutive use of manashield) than knights is another. Another thing is that when they recast it, it only consumes 10-20 percent of their mp. Then after that its 35 k mana shield again. after you deplete it, with mana regen from mana flame it can be recovered to 40k again. Aoe, Repeat process manashield. In cd we do not have the luxury that all of us will kill the mage because there are other players out there thats gonna stop you.

Edited by WorldDestroyerxx, 13 May 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#14 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:11 AM

We are not complaining about the damage of mages because its already known they do good aoe damage. Like I said they are glass cannons and yes you are right champs definitely do more damage ESPECIALLY the axe but I made this thread not because of that but because of the manashield of mages. People have builds of 40k and above mp. They do good aoe damage and can tank now. Its one thing to do good aoe damage but having more hp( with consecutive use of manashield) than knights is another. Another thing is that when they recast it, it only consumes 10-20 percent of their mp. Then after that its 35 k mana shield again. after you deplete it, with mana regen from mana flame it can be recovered to 40k again. Aoe, Repeat process manashield. In cd we do not have the luxury that all of us will kill the mage because there are other players out there thats gonna stop you.

Now that you explained it in that way it does make sense that it can be really be abused but then again the dodge of dual raiders and damage of axe champs is broken

#15 nooooodles

nooooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:21 AM

Mages are definitely killable even w/ the new mana shield, so don't be so dramatic. It just take a bit more work now. People are just upset mages aren't an easy kill anymore. Before the update they were miserable to play. You either had to have a cleric spam heal you or run with speed gear casting aoes in and out. Now they can survive longer. Seems fair enough. And it's not the shield that's so op as much as the hp/mana flames being casted.

#16 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:30 AM

Mages are definitely killable even w/ the new mana shield, so don't be so dramatic. It just take a bit more work now. People are just upset mages aren't an easy kill anymore. Before the update they were miserable to play. You either had to have a cleric spam heal you or run with speed gear casting aoes in and out. Now they can survive longer. Seems fair enough. And it's not the shield that's so op as much as the hp/mana flames being casted.

Oh of course theyre killable. All are killable but you dont have that luxury in a cd where there are other players aside the mage. So maybe focus on other players because they are harder to take down? Oops its very unappealing to ignore them because of that aoe fever.

Don't worry Hai, sooner or later you will find people who can exploit this

Edited by WorldDestroyerxx, 13 May 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#17 bl0b

bl0b

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationWhere ever...

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:37 AM

Well, I'm sure it's fine that mages can tank as much as knights and get way more kills than a gun bourg right?. No drama there.

#18 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:05 AM

You just need to stun/sleep wisely.. not just point and click and rely on your crit to overkill them

#19 WorldDestroyerxx

WorldDestroyerxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:11 AM

You just need to stun/sleep wisely.. not just point and click and rely on your crit to overkill them

Thanks for the very enlightening advice helloitsme, I'll be sure to stun/sleep them wisely next time. I'm sure the mages can't tank anymore

Edited by WorldDestroyerxx, 13 May 2015 - 05:12 AM.

#20 irresistablechic

irresistablechic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:14 AM

ROFL sarcasm at its finest

#21 helloitsme

helloitsme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:19 AM

Well it seems you need practice..

#22 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:20 AM

always asking for nerf, while you just could practice and learn to deal with it in most cases.

#23 mongetet

mongetet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Technically it's not a nerf but balancing in the first place. What I personally believe is that don't place too much reaction on these skills as I'm sure they will be changed in the future. It is already tested time and time again. Nothing will stay on top and nothing will stay too low. Maybe its the high time for mages to shine but for me I don't want to kill the mage class but looking at the mechanics of the manashield of the mages now warrants these blasphemous reactions. Its like an instant 100 percent. Im fine with 100 percent manashield but make the mp consumption of the manashield match the mana being used as the shield. Having a lot of life with consuming only 20 percent of mp with one click is errr "too convenient"

Gradual change is always better as not to elicit these kind of reactions

#24 DopeL

DopeL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:37 AM

its just fine if there's 1 mage on the team but if a team has 2 or 3 mage then it's on another story

#25 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

i think mana shield is great for cleric, for sure FS cleric cuz that gives them more survivability. Maybe if its really unbalanced with mages that they need to put that skill with req as in for cleric only?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users