Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator - Details Preview - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator - Details Preview

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 14 May 2015 - 02:58 PM

Version 175.5
Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator
Job Skills Update

NEW PREVIEW DETAILS
Version 175.5
Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator
Job Skills Update

Job NameUpdate ContentUpdate StatusUpdate Detail
DominatorSummon EnnonModifiedHP of the summoned NPC increased by 50%
DominatorSummon medium KazaraModifiedHP of the summoned NPC increased by 50%
DominatorSummon medium LenatoreModifiedHP of the summoned NPC increased by 50%
DominatorSummon NastechModifiedHP of the summoned NPC increased by 50%
DefilerAtaxic PulseNewAttack Speed Slowed 0.1 /sec to 1.0 /sec; [DEX] reduced by 6% to 60%
Known issue: [DEX] reduction will be fixed in the following patch
DefilerBinding SoulModifiedHP Drain (35 HP at level 1) on Critical Hit added; Skill Level 10 stun duration up from 3 to 4 seconds
DominatorSummon ReaperNew (Postponed)Summon a Grim Reaper to visit and collect death
Delayed: Still working on some issues with this skill and expect to have it added into the next patch
DominatorSummon EnnonModifiedThe prerequisite skill before Summon Ennon may be learned changed from Summon Lenatore to Summon Illusion
Dominator(DNA) Potens Summoned Monster Lesser HealNewReduce the cooldown on healing summoned NPC to as little as 3 seconds
Soul HunterAttack of CurseModifiedEqual amount as Curse Property Damage in HP Drain added on Successful Hit
Soul HunterStealing ManaNewDrains up to 1440 MP at Skill Level 10; Deals Curse Property Damage; Skill Level 1 may be learned at Character Level 30
Soul HunterSoul ShieldModifiedShort and Long Range Defense (5% to 10%) added; Skill Level 1 may now be learned at Character Level 11
Soul HunterInvisibilityModifiedPreviously Modified (Holy Property Resistance added to self buff)
Soul HunterBlessing of WindModifiedPreviously Modified (Holy Property Resistance added to target buff)
Soul HunterMagic Mastery (Curse)ModifiedSkill has not worked previously but is fixed in this update
Soul HunterSummon IllusionModifiedSkill Level 1 may now be learned at Character Level 1
Soul HunterArrhythmiaNewIncrease (Passive) Short and Long Range Defense 6% to 15%; Skill Level 1 may now be learned at Character Level 60
Known issue: Mistakenly positioned on the Skill UI in the row of level 20 skills (it will be moved next patch)

OLD PREVIEW DETAILS
SkillSummon Reaper
Available Job(s)Dominator
StatusNew
Details(Activated)
Range 20 meters
Deals Curse Damage
(On Critical Hit)
Summons an NPC under your control:
Reaper (low duration; high impact NPC)

SkillAtaxic Pulse
Available Job(s)Defiler
StatusNew
Details(Activated)
Range 30 meters
Slows the target’s short range and long range auto attack rate (up to 1.0)
(On Action = Critical Hit)
Reduce target's [DEX] by a certain rate (up to 60%)

SkillArrhythmia
Available Job(s)Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator
StatusNew
Details(Passive)
Increases the Long Range Defense by a percentage (up to 6.5%).

SkillStealing Mana
StatusNew
Details(Activated)
Range 10 meters
Deals Curse Damage
(On hit)
Absorbs the target's MP (74 MP at level 10)

SkillAttack of Curse
StatusModified
Details(Activated)
(Effect added)
Added HP drain effect.
(Skill Range changed)
Reduced range to 10 meters.
MP Used: Increased by 50%

SkillSummon Ennon
Available Job(s)Dominator
StatusModified
DetailsPrerequisite skill changed from Summon Lenatore to Summon Illusion.
(Dominators may now learn the 2nd Job Summon NPC skills without having to have duplicates from the 1st Job.)

SkillMagic Mastery(Curse)
StatusModified
Details(Fix)
This skill actually modifies the characters Curse Damage now.

SkillBinding Soul
Available Job(s)Defiler
StatusModified
Details(Activated)
Unchanged
(On Critical Hit)
Changed
Vampiric Effect to drain HP and restore caster HP.

#2 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:34 PM

Summon Reaper

0 explanation for the dmg it will do

Ataxic Pulse

uhh useless

Arrhythmia

uhh useless

Stealing Mana

uhh useless

Attack of Curse

10m distance? useless

Magic Mastery(Curse)

finally fixing? still useless 10% dmg on a 400 dmg skill is 440 end dmg. THANKS!

Binding Soul

Ok

#3 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

I can think of a number of ways that Summon Repear will be buggy based on that explanation. Just give us another pet trololol. (Or a better explanation)

Unless youre planning to change Bloody Arrow back to 1sec CD youre -_- over every soul hunter with that 10m range as they will no longer have a spam compared to other casters (Elec Bolt, Fireball, Lightning Chill Throw, hmm)

The rest I dont really care about, change long range def to short range and ill consider investing
And why not give Binding Soul back to Soul Hunters? Hmmmmmm???

#4 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:18 PM

Just lol.....and they say they look suggestions in the domi thread....sure....

#5 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

Soul shield still crap, binding soul should go to soul hunter, combine pet buffs of domi and make it stronger, everyone spammed this suggestions in ur thread Helium and what u do?~.~

Long Range defense lol, because berserker do nothing to soul hunters. Another debuff to defiler, when domi should be the main debuffer class....I was really expecting more to Dominator and Soul hunter......

Edited by Kazara, 14 May 2015 - 08:36 PM.

#6 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

....So We've seen bartuk, we've seen xenoia, we now see Krux classes.  Can we get SOME update about Turan class?  Or at least a suggestion thread started by someone important?

#7 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:30 PM

this time please dont reset us all its a pain is bum. just add that Job NPC 0 to nova.

As for changes...

Summon Reaper   - yey mal pet been recycled into game mob.

Ataxic Pulse   - 30m single target slow attack always nice... cast time tho?

Arrhythmia   - 6.5% aint much. like 69 SH would get 60 or so def. 90 defi 200 max lr def.. yippie. DNA even wouldnt help.

Stealing Mana    - 74mp aint much so guess this the new filler skill to take over from AoC?

Attack of Curse   - hope u fixed the double hit bug. press once u get twice the normal damage. ie should crit 2k but u crit 4k. better have a new filler skill or u just killed SH & Domies and really hurt Defi ~10m.

Summon Ennon   - yippie skippie

Magic Mastery(Curse)   - % based?

Binding Soul   - would of been nice on SH tree. 

So no DNA changes?

Implemented when? next maint?

#8 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:44 AM

I down know what u took when u made those skills but plz dont do it next time, Elem and zerk got their -_- crazy oped when defiler and domi got their -_- nerfed also have u even look at the domi/defi suggestion threads ?

#9 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:40 AM

Summon Reaper

I like the Idea to give Pets a fresher / new Look .

I don`t really care  if its copy paste from the Pick Up Pet or not.since most Content in this Game is C+P anyway.

The old Pets fits the Horror theme but if you look at there Stats or Power they are not scary any more - rather cute.

Ataxic Pulse

this sounds pretty interesting if this hits a Mele char, does his skill start to miss more often cuz. of the reduced Dex?/ Accuracy is 60% enough?

Arrhythmia

so lets say 3000 Basic LRD + 6,5% gives +195 LRD ? that`s not so bad for capped Player  but rather uninteresting for new Player, so i like that 1Job Skills can have a meaning later on but LRD is really nonsense make it SRD to make it more interesting for new Player.

Stealing Mana

thats pretty cool, but MP Reg. is no Problem anymore, even for starter. So if this skills don`t drain at least 1/3 MP from the enemy than its just another MP Pot for the user...and pretty useless. 

Attack of Curse

meh....see above...

Summon Ennon

thats one skill Point more for the SH...good.

Magic Mastery(Curse)

more Bug fixing....good.

Binding Soul

the most significant change or improvement....nice!

Edited by Sandyman, 15 May 2015 - 02:30 AM.

#10 silviopm

silviopm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSP-Brazil

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:55 AM

Some ideas for DOMINATOR

-=EDIT=-
--Strengthen Summoned Monster's Physical Attack | Strengthen Summoned Monster's Magical Attack - Become 1 skill: Strengthen Summoned Monster's Attack (Physycal and Magical)

--Lithifying Fog: Release and Immune  from Paralysis and Stun

Pets against players are like ants against humans, PETS must be stronger than now, 50% better I guess.

-=ADD=-

--Reaper should be a 2nd form of Ennon, a powerful pet lv 90. If u summon Reaper, u can't summon Ennon. I don't want another bar in my screen, I wont see anything! (Ennon, Kazara, Nastech, Lenatore, Humbaba... 5 bars! Have you ever tried to take trigger quests with pets? FUUUUUUU!)

-=REMOVE=-

--Summoned Monster Lesser Heal: Who uses it?

#11 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

FIX PET BARS HELIUM, WE CAN T SEE CHAR, TOO MANY BARS, MOVE THEM, EVERYTIME A PET DIE THEY RESET BACK IN THE CENTER, OR MAKE THEM SMALLER.

AND I HOPE THIS ARE ONLY SOME DETAILS, BECAUSE IT SUCKS.

#12 exilehunter

exilehunter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2101 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:21 AM

ataxic pulse - i'm assuming this is to simply plug the problem that squishy defilers have against SRs and the odd ranger; that a strong SR can 1-2 shot many defilers before they can do anything (or even run away).

arrhythmia - seems like this should be replacing soul shield but also include SRD. maybe thats a bit much but suggested 6.5% does seem kind of meh w/o aforementioned high LRD. also, arrhythmia is kind of associated with cardiovascular problems. not sure i get the reason for the name.

stealing mana - is this a new 'pew pew' skill? otherwise i don't see how 74mp drain is anything to bother with especially if you need 10 skill pts. 10m and the change with attack of curse may not make it so useful.

attack of curse - see above comments.

magic mastery - so it was buggy! many old speculations on whether this was +10 curse dmg, +10% or if it was completely broken. i had tried to confirm this myself but could never properly see a 10% increase in dmg :/

---- for defilers i see this overall shift to reducing fast attack range in favor of absorbing HP/MP at close range. MP actually has little value to long term players who have enough honor points to never run out. I think this actually causes more problems against strong Mobs. pretty sure 10m range would mean more damage received than HP recovered.

#13 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:45 AM

So many changes to bartuk classes that were already OP and full of good skills, while other classes get only -_-.

6.5% long range defense, even full gears, that is a 250-300 defense?! Are u -_- kidding me?? who the hell will use 10 points in that?

DNA all the same? -_- So OP buffs at lvl 10, a 77 defense buff, a 6.5% long range defense buff, and an eva buff +1563 evasion and 10% light resistance? Serious?! what a lvl 90 do with this buffs?? answer pls Helium. Why not a good SCC/SCAD buff, since this class is damage/MIND based, or something that work with all that useless mind we have? 

Edited by Kazara, 15 May 2015 - 03:45 AM.

#14 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

Summon Reaper

I like the Idea to give Pets a fresher / new Look .

I don`t really care  if its copy paste from the Pick Up Pet or not.since most Content in this Game is C+P anyway.

The old Pets fits the Horror theme but if you look at there Stats or Power they are not scary any more - rather cute.

I will take another look at Summoned NPC stats.

Ataxic Pulse

this sounds pretty interesting if this hits a Mele char, does his skill start to miss more often cuz. of the reduced Dex?/ Accuracy is 60% enough?

Skills can be classed as a Spell type or a Non-Spell type, so some skills (those set to Non-Spell type) may be affected by a Long Range Defense modifier. For Melee Characters: Most of their skills will be the Non-Spell type however they will (in most cases) also  be assigned the Short Range Physical Property making it so the Long Range Defense bonus would not apply.

Arrhythmia

so lets say 3000 Basic LRD + 6,5% gives +195 LRD ? that`s not so bad for capped Player  but rather uninteresting for new Player, so i like that 1Job Skills can have a meaning later on but LRD is really nonsense make it SRD to make it more interesting for new Player.

I may adjust this up at lower levels but keep the cap or adjust up all the rates on a decreasing scale to the cap.

Stealing Mana

thats pretty cool, but MP Reg. is no Problem anymore, even for starter. So if this skills don`t drain at least 1/3 MP from the enemy than its just another MP Pot for the user...and pretty useless. 

Indeed. I noticed I never seem to run out of MP. In fact, this is not just on Soul Hunter, Defiler and Dominator but every Job. You guys are probably used to it though I would like to see MP be a stat that matters. I will look into a way to have this skill restore the same amount of MP but perhaps drain a great deal more from the target making it a more useful offensive skill.

Attack of Curse

meh....see above...

Wait until you see this in action, it's fun to run around draining the life out of stuff at instant cast speed!

Summon Ennon

thats one skill Point more for the SH...good.

Magic Mastery(Curse)

more Bug fixing....good.

Binding Soul

the most significant change or improvement....nice!

Thanks.

I typed in comments/responses below your quoted text above.

I will be working my way down the posts on this thread. If you posted after this, I am getting to it...

#15 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

10m range completely ruins it Helium

casters need their range, want to nerf it? make it 20m. NOT 10

#16 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:52 AM

I typed in comments/responses below your quoted text above.

I will be working my way down the posts on this thread. If you posted after this, I am getting to it...

On AoC: I dont have the time, def, or hp to be running around at a 10m range in pvp. I also dont want to be sitting for 8secs just to nuke from 30m. Please at least reconsider cooldownd if youre going to be adamant on the ranges

#17 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:55 AM

Summon Reaper

0 explanation for the dmg it will do

Still being adjusted.

For the Summoned NPC here are some stats:

Reaper
At skill level 10
StatValue
Basic_HP95900
BasicSTR2685
BasicDEX4470
BasicINT2229
BasicMND2697
Basic_Defense10110
Basic_RangeDefense10110
BasicFireResist48%
BasicLightningResist48%
BasicWaterResist48%
BasicWindResist48%
BasicCurseResist48%
BasicHolyResist48%
Basic_Short_Range_DamageMin1036
Basic_Short_Range_Damage2079
Basic_Short_Range_Speed2
Basic_Short_Range4 meters

Ataxic Pulse

uhh useless

Arrhythmia

uhh useless

Stealing Mana

uhh useless

Attack of Curse

10m distance? useless

Magic Mastery(Curse)

finally fixing? still useless 10% dmg on a 400 dmg skill is 440 end dmg. THANKS!

Oh the rate on this will improve.

Binding Soul

Ok

#18 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:58 AM

10m range completely ruins it Helium

casters need their range, want to nerf it? make it 20m. NOT 10

On AoC: I dont have the time, def, or hp to be running around at a 10m range in pvp. I also dont want to be sitting for 8secs just to nuke from 30m. Please at least reconsider cooldownd if youre going to be adamant on the ranges

The 10 meters range seemed fair considering this skill is now like Vampiric Touch but instant cast and almost spammable!

But, I was already worried about 10 meters being a problem. I am open to adjusting it.

#19 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

....So We've seen bartuk, we've seen xenoia, we now see Krux classes.  Can we get SOME update about Turan class?  Or at least a suggestion thread started by someone important?

Three cheers for Blunt Strike!

Heh.

#20 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:03 AM

I can think of a number of ways that Summon Repear will be buggy based on that explanation. Just give us another pet trololol. (Or a better explanation)

Unless youre planning to change Bloody Arrow back to 1sec CD youre fucking over every soul hunter with that 10m range as they will no longer have a spam compared to other casters (Elec Bolt, Fireball, Lightning Chill Throw, hmm)

The rest I dont really care about, change long range def to short range and ill consider investing
And why not give Binding Soul back to Soul Hunters? Hmmmmmm???

Yes. You are all right, the Soul Hunter Defiler and Dominator need as good an update as Battlemagician+ and Warrior+ got. So, I am considering increasing the range on multiple skills (listed here and not listed here yet) and also considering cast times and cool downs to sweeten the pot.

#21 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:13 AM

Can you look into Vampiric Touch DNA please. That skill requires 30 DNA to be good. Can you please merge together Cooldown + Cast time DNA? Or make the skill instant cast without the DNA. Or have it naturally have 15 sec cooldown?

As for Attack of Curse

Here is my suggestion. Keep it at 30M range, but give it a 50% chance to heal. I think that will balance it?

#22 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

if Attack of Curse ​works like instant Vampiric Touch and is spam able than its indeed a very powerful tool.

Thanks for the details.

#23 Apollonia93

Apollonia93

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

if Attack of Curse ​works like instant Vampiric Touch and is spam able than its indeed a very powerful tool.

Thanks for the details.

it does

it leaked into one of the previous patches and it is pretty OP

helps fight 1v1 with mystic for sure

at 10m range it will be horrible though.

#24 Spud

Spud

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:32 AM

I think you need to give more info on this Reaper

In your initial post it sounds like its a seperate attack and when it crits then we get the pet. Is this or is this not the case? Because adding a new crit mechanic for this game would be cool, i just dont know if summoning a whole new pet with it would work well (knowing you guys no offense)

#25 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

Some changes I am already making today...

Attack of Curse

Increased range from 10 meters to 25 meters.

Summon Reaper

Curse Damage:

(before the check for critical to summon the NPC)

level 1 damage 100
level 2 damage 125
level 3 damage 150
level 4 damage 175
level 5 damage 200
level 6 damage 225
level 7 damage 250
level 8 damage 275
level 9 damage 300
level 10 damage 325

Arrhythmia
level 1 LR D bonus 3%