Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:jonssonite
  • LocationNorway
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:57 AM

Hi Guys. I just returned to find the game has completely changed since I've been playing. My very okay INT gear for buffing is no longer that okay anymore. Heals has other mechanics other than only healing. Buffs scale differently. Also it seems I'm poor as a homeless man now, but that's a different topic.

I really wonder which heals are useful now. Of course all cleric heals are, but I wonder about the muse tier ones. Recovery for instance, it has this HP/sec mechanic that I Think is really cool. Cure becomes a useful heal-enhancer with the cleric passive.

Do clerics use all heals nowadays? I remember before I only used a couple of them as they were just that, heals. Now they're much more.

---

Before I was supercool with my full brave dimple gear. Dat int man. No longer however.

For buffing, I understand charm gear is the way to go. I've seen some threads around explaining some very good gear that can be used. I even have a lot of St. Patricks stuff in storage and even some unopened chests. Lucky me!

For PvM, what should I focus on? Defensive stats? Offensive stats? And what are those for clerics now? I have a hardened amazing brush from before because clerics could do well alone. Now I struggle with 1v1 Orlo mobs. I need something else. I currently have base INT 304 and the rest goes into CHA.

Even though I'm not very into it, what's decent PvP gear?

---

I'm level 216. How do I level up as FS now? What is the current max level?

---

Do Clerics make decent money these days?

---

That's all I can think of now. I have lots of other chars, but I think I'll do one thing at a time.

Edited by Sparx, 19 May 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:10 AM

max lvl 230

and if you wanna be FS/buffslave you can check the guide i made for some advice.

#3 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:19 AM

Hi Guys. I just returned to find the game has completely changed since I've been playing. My very okay INT gear for buffing is no longer that okay anymore. Heals has other mechanics other than only healing. Buffs scale differently. Also it seems I'm poor as a homeless man now, but that's a different topic.

Hi Sparx and Welcome back!

I really wonder which heals are useful now. Of course all cleric heals are, but I wonder about the muse tier ones. Recovery for instance, it has this HP/sec mechanic that I Think is really cool. Cure becomes a useful heal-enhancer with the cleric passive.

Do clerics use all heals nowadays? I remember before I only used a couple of them as they were just that, heals. Now they're much more.
What heals to get are up to you.  There is a huge difference now between a full support cleric and a battle cleric.  And battle clerics are once again pretty strong.  If you are really going full support and you plan on doing dungeons (PVM) or game arena games (PVP) you will need all of the heals.  The lower level ones are needed to get the higher level ones. There are many times that I have all of my cooldowns going at once.  But for initial leveling, concentrate on buffs, defense, etc. and maybe a fire or two then get the rest of the heals maybe.
---

Before I was supercool with my full brave dimple gear. Dat int man. No longer however.

For buffing, I understand charm gear is the way to go. I've seen some threads around explaining some very good gear that can be used. I even have a lot of St. Patricks stuff in storage and even some unopened chests. Lucky me!

Work on getting int gear for buffing but when you are leveling or in dungeon or pvp games you will want something more defensive probably.  There is new PVM gear that you get with valor points.  You gain valor points by doing dungeons.  There is new PVP gear that you get with Honor points.  You get honor points by participating in PVP game arena games.  In general though, if you want an all around set to finish leveling and stuff you can just go reinforced.  Someone can make it for you or you can buy it pretty cheap.  Or friends might just give it to you.

For PvM, what should I focus on? Defensive stats? Offensive stats? And what are those for clerics now? I have a hardened amazing brush from before because clerics could do well alone. Now I struggle with 1v1 Orlo mobs. I need something else. I currently have base INT 304 and the rest goes into CHA.

The days of being able to solo a mob for FS cleric are long gone.  The best way is to find a party.  Most want buffs and heals while partying so it isn't too hard.  Most FS clerics go max charm and the rest int, or close to that.  Check the cleric builds on the forums, they are great.  As a FS cleric built for buffing and healing and purifying in dungeons and PVP I typically miss when hitting a mob.  Some clerics are going hybrid route, but then it is hard to participate in dungeons and PVP games.  It is all based on what you want to do.  If you want to quest and farm on your cleric go battle cleric with some buffs and a few heals maybe.

Even though I'm not very into it, what's decent PvP gear?

That is a matter of opinion and how you play.  Right now a lot of FS clerics are going for the gear in the Sikuku Catacombs dungeon.  Some still like chivalrous (Honor), some mix and match.  Some still go full max HP reinforced for high HP.  Again, it is all about your game play.

---

I'm level 216. How do I level up as FS now? What is the current max level?

Max is 230.  The best way at your level is probably finding a party in Orlo and using experience medals as you can.  There are also Valor quests that you can get in Orlo that will help as well.  Some are using the Dungeons to level, the exp is pretty good.  But to survive you will need some PVM gear or at least reinforced, all buffs and as many heals as you can get.

---

Do Clerics make decent money these days?

The only way to make money as a cleric is to do dungeons and sell items as you can, buy IM and sell it, shop stores and grab things that are underpriced and sell them, etc.  There is not a huge market for mats atm since not many craft anymore.  You can sell ancient gear or Faith items, those from Draconis don't have those if they are relatively new to the game and they go for a lot of zulie.  

---

That's all I can think of now. I have lots of other chars, but I think I'll do one thing at a time.

Good Luck and let us know if you have more questions.

#4 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:50 AM

Idd charmgear is the way to go. But for buffing only. You need diffrent fightgear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users