There is no Accountability for Game Developers - Off Topic - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

There is no Accountability for Game Developers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 gphafsar

gphafsar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

As a long time MMO player, I've seen developers come and go. The current market is nothing more than a Smash and Grab Robbery. They come out with a new game, give it a founders pack with early access to get you hooked then make a **** game.
The worst is when you have a sub game that has long subscription options 6-12 months or more, then the game goes free to play.
Now its even worse with the new crime.. Crowd funding. What a joke. Hey give me your money and in a few years when we go live you can play it. Sad part is, there are 1000's of people willing to pay for the chance of taking part in a game they have very limited knowledge of.
In the current market its been proven that you don't have to make a good game to get paid. There are numerous examples out there.
What happened to Developers who are in it to make a solid game along with making money.

#2 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:33 PM

Yeah it is a shame when it happens. The only game that did crowd funding that I supported and actually became something was Path of Exile.

Most others fade out of existence, it really is just a case of taking a risk if the game looks good :D

#3 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

As long as they keep making money, they wont stop. 

I personally dislike the move to the f2p model.  I would rather a game be subscription based without any sort of legal RMT.  But, unfortunately that genie has long since been let out of the bottle.

#4 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:16 PM

Sure there is accountability. YOU. Seriously, just use some smarts and avoid the boondoggles. Is the game worth the entertainment value of what your giving them? If not don't give them money in the first place. Just because other people spend money foolishly doesn't mean you have to. With your train of logic, Car Salesman are not held accountable because they reduce the price on the cars in their lot overtime, yet at one time sold them for MSRP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users