MP System critique / Questions - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

MP System critique / Questions

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:20 AM

So i know that Dev`s are trying to make the Game more enjoyable for everyone.

And i have no Problems with doing this for Beginners, since you don`t want to scare em away. Thats fine.

But since we have Caster-Types in this Game it´s only fair to ask...

what exactly distinguish Caster from Non Caster Classes today? 

we have a lot of Content in Game that is or was special made for Caster or in regards of there needs and the MP System:

Spoiler

But what`s the Point of it, when Mana simply doesn't matter, because there is ALWAYS plenty of it?!

So even End Game Skills like "Burning Mind" and "Mind Enhancement" needed an upgrade Burning Mind became a extra Heal factor and Mind Enhancement got a debuff cleaning function...only because the MP System and Mind Stat simply don`t matter enough.

So let me clear this, i did not Post this to blame the Dev`s. 
This Topic should contribute to a better MP System hopefully to see in the Future.
And to differentiate the Classes better. To give em a better Profile and Concept.

Mele Classes had to watch there Durability (Repair Tools/ Blacksmith fee)
And Caster Classes had to Buy Costumes and MP Pots.

But that`s not the kind of varieties i like to talk about...
Typical you could say Caster are Skill Spammer and AoE Classes and Mele Types have Auto Attack with a mostly 1.0 Attack Speed.

So Attack Speed could be a Factor.  You could say Mele Classes can hit more often but 
Caster Classes therefor do with 1 skill simply more DMG. Thats kind of a basic Concept.

Mele Classes could run out of Ammo or Durability in the Past thats gone.
Caster could run out of MP that gone too. We should try to give the MP System a better meaning.

If the Attack Speed / Cast Speed does not matter and Mele Skills and Caster Skills simply do the same DMG
and even the Range advantages does not matter because every Mele Class has a Rush forward skill...

than it`s only fair to ask why we even keep the MP System?

#2 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

You forgot Stealing Mana, another useless MP skill of soul hunter...anyway the problem isn't the MP...but the MP recovery.

They made it too high, so ppl have always full mp....they should decrease a lot the mp recovery
, just that. MIND is always good since most of the casters have heals and it increases SCC.

Edited by Kazara, 25 May 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#3 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:10 AM

mp recovery and Cast Time ya.

Atm the most Skills are instant ones....that`s debatable i think too

#4 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

Well, the elementalist should be the main caster class, since the elem "even sacrifice himself to cast a huge Magic Attack", so it should have really high cast time skills with awesome damage.

Now the elementalist keep the awesome damage with all istant cast skills, because some kid even cried of the 502 dmg/50% debuffs 1 sec cast was too much, so they made all istant...if elementalist is so OP, and isn t a "true caster" it s all player fault...back to the MP problem, you also forgot WL MP passive xD There are rlly many things that works around MP, I think mp recovery should be like start of S2, not too much not too low...

Edited by Kazara, 25 May 2015 - 11:38 AM.

#5 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:58 AM

I don`t claim to made a complete List from all Classes or Items about the MP System.

Talking in generell here...

If you look at the Mele System...Skill have to Hit to damage the Player or you see a miss.

This is based on Accuracy and Dex. (VS Evasion) 

For Caster to hit an Enemy it`s much easier...against a Player on the same level they hit always with a 100 % Chance. (besides from Reflect skills)

So if a Mele Class can have low hits and crits and misses...than the MP System should be kind of the counterpart for Caster into my Eyes.

#6 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

Mages skills haven't 100% success, even on a target of same lvl, especially skills like immobilize from SH, even if it doesn t say, it has 95% or even lower chance to hit (on same lvl target). Melees have their advantages, they have more stuns, AA even if it misses it does some -_-ty dmg and except soul hunters, others doesn t care of evasion, more damage etc....look WL with their big AOEs looks like a mage haha.

#7 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:14 PM

ya your right with Skill Misses for lets say Stuns, Halts, Sleeps...

but i mean common Attacks...when a Caster Attack with lets say "Elec Bolt" that Skill or better saying Attack will hit with ok almost 100% there is a chance to dodge the skill but how often do you see that actually happen on a Player with the same or lower level?

Low Damage hits for mele , misses and low damage crits you will see much more often. You can`t compare both mechanics.

Oh and thats a good one with WL and his AoE`s ya...Mele Classes can now non stop Spam there AoE`s 

So they should at least run much faster out of MP than you actually see it now a Days n Game.

Edited by Sandyman, 25 May 2015 - 01:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users