A log of refine fails - Page 3 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A log of refine fails

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

#51 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

I think the RNG after the server reset is against us. Prior to the mid-week reset, I did GREAT at upgrading. But after the reset, my equipment kept going to +3.

Hi, what is the meaning of RNG?

#52 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Hi, what is the meaning of RNG?

Random Number Generator

#53 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:54 PM

Soooo MRS hammer can, on fail, have armor go below +4?

#54 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

Yes XD Enriched too, but at 90% fail rate from +4 to +5, it doesn't happen often

#55 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:07 PM

It happened to me twice today >;((((((((((((((

Das some straight up BS tho -- the safe limit is 4, why would they allow the gimmic/cash shop blacksmith to drop it below the safety mark? God, everything about the refinement system reeks of a money milking scam ╰༼ ⋋ ‸ ⋌ ༽╯

Edited by mikayel, 21 June 2015 - 11:09 PM.

#56 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 21 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

It happened to me twice today >;((((((((((((((

Das some straight up BS tho -- the safe limit is 4, why would they allow the gimmic/cash shop blacksmith to drop it below the safety mark? God, everything about the refinement system reeks of a money milking scam ╰༼ ⋋ ‸ ⋌ ༽╯

Well, "Safety Level" refers to the level to can upgrade it to without risk of failure. In this case, from +3 to +4 you have a 100% success chance. From +4 to +5 you have a 90% chance of success. If it fails, it drops a level, meaning it drops to +3. Nothing fishy here, just something that won't usually happens. It has happened to me, just not that many times (usually with Temp Boot >_>)

#57 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

It has happened to me, just not that many times (usually with Temp Boot >_>)

I will take all these defective temp boots off your hands. you're welcome :P

#58 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 22 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

No XD They have too good enchants to give up on them.

#59 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

Well, "Safety Level" refers to the level to can upgrade it to without risk of failure. In this case, from +3 to +4 you have a 100% success chance. From +4 to +5 you have a 90% chance of success. If it fails, it drops a level, meaning it drops to +3. Nothing fishy here, just something that won't usually happens. It has happened to me, just not that many times (usually with Temp Boot >_>)

I understand that, it's "technically correct -- the best kind of correct" but it completely infuriates me because this only happens with the cash shop items. Why not just have it never go below +4? It's just more enriched elu to waste/money to be milked.

#60 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:15 AM

sounds like someone wants pRO refine deeds.

#61 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

sounds like someone wants pRO refine deeds.

I don't know what that is, but allow me to explain what I would like -- for the cash shop based upgrade NPC to not allow you to go to +3 when upgrading from 4->5. If only as a show of good faith and customer appreciation. 

#62 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:10 PM

I don't know what that is, but allow me to explain what I would like -- for the cash shop based upgrade NPC to not allow you to go to +3 when upgrading from 4->5. If only as a show of good faith and customer appreciation.

The only reason it drops to +3 is that you failed trying to go from +4->+5. All it takes is 1 ore to bring it back to +4 ajd start the chain again. It's not like it's breaking the chain and forcing you to use certs again so I don't know why you're so fed up with the fact that it can drop to +3.

#63 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

The only reason it drops to +3 is that you failed trying to go from +4->+5. All it takes is 1 ore to bring it back to +4 ajd start the chain again. It's not like it's breaking the chain and forcing you to use certs again so I don't know why you're so fed up with the fact that it can drop to +3.

In the grand scheme, it is a minor thing, but it is somewhat disheartening that the cash-shop item has this built into it. Why not just have it with a safe floor at +4? 

As I said in my previous post, aside from being consistent with the other upgrade rules, it would also be a show of good faith to the customer. I'm not going to make a big stink, other than explaining my thoughts, but it is silly that the ONLY way you can go below the +4 safe threshold is via cash shop items that specifically have a higher upgrade rate (enriched ores). 

I wouldn't say I'm fed up (as I'm still playing the game), but rather I'm upset that the game is straight up nickle-and-diming me/people. 

Edited by mikayel, 22 June 2015 - 08:34 PM.

#64 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:51 PM

In the grand scheme, it is a minor thing, but it is somewhat disheartening that the cash-shop item has this built into it. Why not just have it with a safe floor at +4? 

As I said in my previous post, aside from being consistent with the other upgrade rules, it would also be a show of good faith to the customer. I'm not going to make a big stink, other than explaining my thoughts, but it is silly that the ONLY way you can go below the +4 safe threshold is via cash shop items that specifically have a higher upgrade rate (enriched ores). 

I wouldn't say I'm fed up (as I'm still playing the game), but rather I'm upset that the game is straight up nickle-and-diming me/people. 

Well, not really. The only way to make +4 the safe floor is to make +4->+5 a 100% success rate, which would be easily abused. The current 90% system is fair; it offers a higher success rate than normal ores, and if you think about it the gear only degrades to +3 because you're using a service that allows break-free upgrading. It's not meant to nickel-and-dime people, it's just part of the system and it makes sense as to why it can.

#65 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:53 PM

I don't see how HD Bradium leaves weapons at +10 even if it fails going to +11, but Enriched Elu can't leave it at +4 on a fail when going to +5, but whatever. This argument gets neither of us anywhere as, even if all of us 100% agreed, nothing would change. 

#66 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

Because enriched Elu is only supposed to get you higher refine rates, not protection. If you use an enriched ore to upgrade a +4 to +5, you have a 10% chance it will break. HD Ores are the ones that give you protection. Enriched Hammer only makes Enriched Ores work like HD Ores. 

Enriched Hammer/MRS grants the protection from breaking, no the ore itself. Don't compare HD ores to Enriched ores, they worm differently.

#67 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:12 AM

Yes, and it is also Elu/Ori instead of Brad/Carn -- anyway, this is fine, you can disagree with me. I'm not going to keep arguing and clog up the thread anymore. 

Edited by mikayel, 23 June 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#68 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:30 PM

6/30/2015

GOAL: get +5 RTE to +9 using safe certs followed by enriched elus at MRS hammer

took 4 certs to get to +7.

took 50 enriched elus to get to....wait for it....+5.

-_-. that. bull-_-. Guess i won't bother gearing my RK for a long while. did i mention that i hate this scam of a refine system?

GOAL: get my +7 valk to +9 with enriched

took 32 enriched elus. eh....not bad. doesn't make up for the 72 enriched i wasted to get nowhere on 1 equip last week or the 50 enriched i just wasted on de-valuing my RTE. but hey, the class is 1/3rd full!

#69 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:33 PM

GOAL: get my +8 Turkey hat to +9 with enriched

took 11 enriched. thats great! i did waste 77 elus trying to +9 this last week tho.... oh well. 

GOAL: get my +7 immune shield to +9 with enriched and MRS hammer

took 20 elus. :p_idea:

Edited by cju711, 30 June 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#70 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

I have no luck this time event, spent too much for upgrading ><" but got less +10 then the last event. Where is my luck gone?

Edited by DonatoX, 30 June 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#71 cju711

cju711

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

GOAL: get +6 rideword hat to +9 with enriched

took 1 safe refine to +7   :p_love:

now the moment of truths....

wow went all the way down to +3 and i had 30 elus left. was about to ragequit RO forever (notrly)

but then it +9'd and it only took me 40 elus =) this must be my lucky day. bout time i have one of those.

#72 zhero15

zhero15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • LocationInside a singularity

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:00 AM

Refined my Autumn Headband.

3 safe to 7 Certifice = +7 was so happy.

Then i decided to try because of that feeling 100+ HD ore got + 5 puppy.

Tried getting to +7 again using 10 Certificate = boom +5 only WTH!!

I hate you RNGesus. They should have added the chance of failing or breaking instead of failing = item break.

Damned.

#73 aralee73

aralee73

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationJelly Land
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

Bought an arch angel wing [1] from vender, went to malangdo to enchant it, boom Heal Amount 5 in first attempt. So happy like winning a lotto.

Goal make + 9 sod sp4/4 to +10 and +9 temp int boots ld/sp5.

Used 6 safe to 10 cert for the +9 sod to +10.
Used 1 safe to 10 cert for the +9 t.boots to +10.

Used 56 HD to make +12 sod
Used 300 HD but my boots still +10.

Give up atm.

Edited by aralee73, 06 July 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#74 Argetlahm

Argetlahm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAt a Stone Pedestal in the Sword Cathedral

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

well, each try at refining over +10 is 90% fail rate on armors and Lvl 4 weapons while 80% at lvl 1,2 and 3 weapons. at least it won't go down from +10 unlike the normal bradium/carnium.

#75 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

Refined my Autumn Headband.
3 safe to 7 Certifice = +7 was so happy.
Then i decided to try because of that feeling 100+ HD ore got + 5 -_-.
Tried getting to +7 again using 10 Certificate = boom +5 only WTH!!
I hate you RNGesus. They should have added the chance of failing or breaking instead of failing = item break.
Damned.

Bought an arch angel wing [1] from vender, went to malangdo to enchant it, boom Heal Amount 5 in first attempt. So happy like winning a lotto.

Goal make + 9 sod sp4/4 to +10 and +9 temp int boots ld/sp5.

Used 6 safe to 10 cert for the +9 sod to +10.
Used 1 safe to 10 cert for the +9 t.boots to +10.

Used 56 HD to make +12 sod
Used 300 HD but my boots still +10.

Give up atm.

please tell me you guys aren't using HD ores when enriched hammer is in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users