6/2 Tuesday Night Maintenance Especial - Page 9 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

6/2 Tuesday Night Maintenance Especial

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#201 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

incase you didn't get the point, the item exists already. When they put a item in the kafra shop that assists performers in the way you are suggesting, then your point would have validity.

They should clearly add the item before any skills are added to classes on a Classic server.

#202 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

Adding bless there doubles the time it takes to res everyone. And I said this was a hectic situation. The party buff is still a convenience. You can almost halve the time it takes to res everyone and bless everyone.

Actually its more logical, because it allows them to gain control of the situation. You're talking mouseclicks vs mouse movement. It is faster to res/bless > res/bless >res/bless than it is to res>res>res>bless>bless>bless because there is more movement involved.

In the case of party buff, it would be a complete waste, since you likely need those blesses to stay safe. Such as blessing a wiz so they can sg 1 fast, or blessing a champ so they can MS faster. If it's hectic, just ressing people and waiting till all are up for buffs would probably get you killed again....

Oh what would I know, I've never played HP in my life! Obviously the only thing I'm good at in this game is defaulting katar and DR and speed potting into superior players antidiagonal firewalls lol

#203 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

Actually its more logical, because it allows them to gain control of the situation. You're talking mouseclicks vs mouse movement. It is faster to res/bless > res/bless >res/bless than it is to res>res>res>bless>bless>bless because there is more movement involved.

In the case of party buff, it would be a complete waste, since you likely need those blesses to stay safe. Such as blessing a wiz so they can sg 1 fast, or blessing a champ so they can MS faster. If it's hectic, just ressing people and waiting till all are up for buffs would probably get you killed again....

Oh what would I know, I've never played HP in my life! Obviously the only thing I'm good at in this game is defaulting katar and DR and speed potting into superior players antidiagonal firewalls lol

The mouse movement is part of a high priest's skill. And yes you can bless certain players, but the area bless is still advantageous.

Actually.. In woe, diagonal firewalls are better.

#204 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:01 AM

The mouse movement is part of a high priest's skill. And yes you can bless certain players, but the area bless is still advantageous.

Actually.. In woe, diagonal firewalls are better.

Skill in party window mouse movement? ¬.¬

Then potting and skill dancing are superior skills and party buffs just allow a bad player to do what a good player does.

Just using your own logic here, since you said that is valid logic and I shouldn't make fun of it.

#205 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

I think overall, I agreed that those cheats are more than what a skilled player can do, but I said it was valid because they push a player in that exact direction. In this case, party buffs are more than what a skilled player can do obviously, but it does push the bad player further than what a good player can do.

That was kind of off-topic.

#206 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

I for one think Minstrel songs need to be overhauled as well.

Do you know how annoying and pointless it is to have to rotate all of my songs? Over and over again? It's totally unnecessary and it hurts my fingers. There's a reason why no one wants to play the class. I suggest we add in a song for Minstrels and Gypsies that wraps all of their songs into one. Having to give all of these specific buffs is really annoying. These classes all need a quality of life buff so that others will want to play them.

Sidenote

I am playing frontline hp next woe. I would never, ever ever play minst. Fj clown is easy to dual log but a main minst.... -_- that. The people that do that class/role well are saints. I would rather do any class before main minst.

#207 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:15 AM

I think overall, I agreed that those cheats are more than what a skilled player can do, but I said it was valid because they push a player in that exact direction. In this case, party buffs are more than what a skilled player can do obviously, but it does push the bad player further than what a good player can do.

That was kind of off-topic.

nah bro, just the negative tone was set by the posse you brought to the discussion.

In seriousness tho, my suggestion was a 5min cooldown on the scrolls (and allowing HPs to access this ability as an ingame feature -  not affecting WoE.)

But people obviously would rather scream about the nodelay/nocast time scrolls, which are clearly problematic, I use the assu ones all the time even if I'm a solo priest because delay kills.

Edited by Xellie, 09 June 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#208 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

Sidenote

I am playing frontline hp next woe. I would never, ever ever play minst. Fj clown is easy to dual log but a main minst.... -_- that. The people that do that class/role well are saints. I would rather do any class before main minst.

Which is exactly why if anything is done it should be done across the board.

Here we have someone wanting to the buff the class they play whilst refusing to attempt to address the comparable issues that other classes share.

To clarify. I don't think anything should be done to add to the classes whatsoever, as this is a Classic server and all. If anything, take away. Take away the ability for buff scrolls to be used in WoE and then do nothing else about the assumed "issue" that doesn't actually exist.

#209 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

Which is exactly why if anything is done it should be done across the board.

Here we have someone wanting to the buff the class they play whilst refusing to attempt to address the comparable issues that other classes share.

To clarify. I don't think anything should be done to add to the classes whatsoever, as this is a Classic server and all. If anything, take away. Take away the ability for buff scrolls to be used in WoE and then do nothing else about the assumed "issue" that doesn't actually exist.

Okay Acu, let's play this game. I think sinx should have a katar that allows them to maintain 30% demi resistance so they're comparable with champs.

HPs are the lifeblood of PVM in RO, and people are shortcutting to 99 through TIs, leaving very few HP players to MVP with etc. Pumpkin hats and other things (TOKENS)  have a lot to do with this also... There's an entire plethora of issues that can be gone over about the HP class that other servers just don't have that iRO does.

#210 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:32 AM

How does giving them an AoE buff skill solve any of those problems?

#211 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:42 AM

How does giving them an AoE buff skill solve any of those problems?

By making it an ingame thing to strive for after 99 and making HP play a little easier and a lot less pay to win... But hey nevermind. Change nothing is always the best way to keep the game alive.

Instead we can laugh at the haves and have nots as the supply slowly dries up and they're all paid for and held on to by one side. Then we can bust out the popcorn as people cry for them to be disabled in WoE and watch as people who paid for them for WoE cry bait n switch at warpportal.

Rather than just... nerfing the damn things and making a QoL PVM improvement.

Carry on, acu.

#212 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:45 AM

I disagree with your theory. It won't fix anything.

#213 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

#214 Acuwrex

Acuwrex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

HPs are the lifeblood of PVM in RO, and people are shortcutting to 99 through TIs, leaving very few HP players to MVP with etc. Pumpkin hats and other things (TOKENS)  have a lot to do with this also... There's an entire plethora of issues that can be gone over about the HP class that other servers just don't have that iRO does.

AoE buffs are not the solution to the above.

This is not an opinion. It's fact.

#215 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

AoE buffs are not the solution to the above.

This is not an opinion. It's fact.

Argumentative sod aren't ya?

You cannot state a fact on that which has not happened. Your statement is an opinion.

#216 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:46 PM

Sidenote

Reminds me of how I used to think about this. That while some are lucky/influent enough to play as sinx and champs, being rockstars, having a fun WoE, killing people, and receiving all the attention. Some just do the dirty job,  what must be done. Those are normally sac-pallys, HPs, linkers, minstrels and support classes.

I played as a full-sac pally for about 2 years, going every single WoE, and hating every second of it, but that displeasure was nothing compared to the love I had for my guild, so I kept going without ever saying a word.

But now everything changed, I actually like playing as a linker, who wears non-trans equips and has 10k HP. Was used to go through many WoEs without dieing as a pally, now I die all the time, but goddamn every kaupe'd fist is a ear to ear smile, and a feeling that my ancestors are smilling at meImperialsCan you say the same?

People are different, and they may change in the course of experiences.

Always do what you love. :lv:

edit: engrish

Edited by Psicratus, 09 June 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#217 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

Support players are the most important. If your support is bad then the damage dealing classes will not be effective. It's like a minst who simply walks around with only strings up. It kinda works, but it offers nothing compared to a minst who has a close to perfect song rotation.

Support can suck. I've mostly done sac for a decade with the last few years trying it other stuff. It has it's ups and downs. Basically, I refuse to spend 120 min (or less then 90 depending on who I'm playing with :P) to dedicate my time to keeping somebody alive that I dislike or I see as not efficient enough. Since I stopped allowing that to happen and control who I sac (people of importance) it has been a lot more enjoyable.

Anyways.... Supports deserve more credit. Unless your dlp and you -_-ing speed pot into the enemy over and over and wonder why I couldn't sac you when you were 20 cells away... Besides that, go supports!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users