Elemental socket exchange for 6* attack cards - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Elemental socket exchange for 6* attack cards

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:56 PM

Element farming is stressful, tedious, and downright insane. Those who stick with it in it's current state do so to to achieve new heights despite the low probability of obtaining 6* cards. I have farmed for a number of years, with my total amount of hours spent on my character reaching well over 10k+ hours. 

I'm curious to see if the community might be for or against the idea of being able to exchange their hard earned 4* cards for 5* cards and further to 6* cards.

I gave an example of:

12x4* card in exchange for 1x 5* card

15x5* card in exchange for 1 6* card

To achieve this requires an insane amount of farming, but it gives players the chance to monitor their progress and work towards a goal with a guarantee rather than going by the luck based system.

I'm not for or against this idea. Just curious to see what players actually think of this.

#2 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:02 PM

normally i would be against this. but those numbers are justifiable. i would like an official word though.

to be blunt. WP is losing a lot of potential players(customers) due to the difficulty of obtaining a 6* card for competitive purposes. this is one of the reasons why private servers thrive. private servers make it extremely easy to obtain 6* cards.

i can't imagine WP making it as easy (compared to private servers) since this is the official server. 

#3 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:06 PM

I could +1 for this. Doesnt matter how much you would need to farm, but there would be that guarantee that 1 day you will get 6* card. Luck based system eats part of motivation of farming, because there's always possibility to not get any. Im not against if the numbers were even higher, but that guarantee is what matters, at least for me.

#4 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:09 PM

I also +1 this, great idea

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

I agree with this really because the numbers seem difficult yet fair. If you wanna introduced guaranteed 6* cards, you need to retain the difficulty in achieving them. It isn't a "shortcut" to compete with endgame players. It's more so an alternate option that removes the RNG but keeps it relatively time-consuming.

In regards to the numbers, it'll require 180 4* cards to obtain 1 6*. The effort required for 180 4*'s let alone the, at most, 1,800 4*'s needed to apply a 6* to all slots would take ages to obtain. As element runs, unless you stockpile entry keys, are limited to X runs a day is what makes the numbers difficult but fair.

#6 pluumy

pluumy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

i also like the idea. but i also wonder why they didn't implement it that way to begin with. 

#7 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

This is a fair idea. And considering those who have farmed 6* cards may have enough cards to make more cards just from the leftovers. Unless they tossed it >.<

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

i also like the idea. but i also wonder why they didn't implement it that way to begin with. 

Once upon a time there was meant to be a means to obtain 6*+ elements through Advanced Elements (Think a higher tier than basic elements). It was canceled.

#9 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

Once upon a time there was meant to be a means to obtain 6*+ elements through Advanced Elements (Think a higher tier than basic elements). It was canceled.

The end :3

#10 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

I agree with this really because the numbers seem difficult yet fair. If you wanna introduced guaranteed 6* cards, you need to retain the difficulty in achieving them. It isn't a "shortcut" to compete with endgame players. It's more so an alternate option that removes the RNG but keeps it relatively time-consuming.

In regards to the numbers, it'll require 180 4* cards to obtain 1 6*. The effort required for 180 4*'s let alone the, at most, 1,800 4*'s needed to apply a 6* to all slots would take ages to obtain. As element runs, unless you stockpile entry keys, are limited to X runs a day is what makes the numbers difficult but fair.

In addition, it's not very fair that if a player is so lucky enough to get 1 6* in a couple runs. It depends on too much luck 

#11 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:21 PM

How about... 10 x 5* =6* and that 5* are only obtainable from dungeon (end of dungeon drop) and boxes from basics. Essentially most players get 1 5* card from about every 600-1000 box opened. So at least players are assured that every 10k boxes, chances of getting 6* is pretty high and chances to exchange from 5* is pretty high as well. This will still require heavy grinding and will not spoil the market value of 6* too much while making it relatively easier to obtain 6* ele cards than before

#12 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

Thats called rng np

#13 CigBock

CigBock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:40 PM

normally i would be against this. but those numbers are justifiable. i would like an official word though.

to be blunt. WP is losing a lot of potential players(customers) due to the difficulty of obtaining a 6* card for competitive purposes. this is one of the reasons why private servers thrive. private servers make it extremely easy to obtain 6* cards.

i can't imagine WP making it as easy (compared to private servers) since this is the official server.

this. donate and get 6*. ez pz.

#14 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:12 PM

This sounds like a great Idea. It would encourage the community to work towards the end goal of obtaining a 6* element card in order to compete with other end game players in pvp, bsq and EW. 

:rice:

#15 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:20 PM

10* profession cards were made easier to obtain by handing in lesser valued * cards. The community didn't ask for it, it was just implemented with the Galaxia Update. 

I don't think anyone misses the old way of obtaining 10* profession cards (pure chance and luck).

Just something to keep in mind when taking this idea into account.

With that said, I do think this might have been implemented sometime in the future had the kdevs kept up with this game.

Edited by sean718, 03 June 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#16 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

i don't think anyone will complain about the current exchange system with crete for those 10* cards. i'm quite fond of it actually.

its just some additional proof that it may be viable to implement a 6* exchange. still, waiting on some official words.

additional thought- i should probably save these cards instead of tossing them now.

#17 mikaduy

mikaduy

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

Love this idea. +1

#18 MongoMoves

MongoMoves

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:30 PM

Do something new WP.

#19 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

I gave an example of:

12x4* card in exchange for 1x 5* card

15x5* card in exchange for 1 6* card

This would be a great idea, but as often the client does not support this kind of exchange. 

Problem: Every item has a unique ID and is from a specific type, but the client only supports exchange of one or multiple items of the same ID to exchange for another item.

But we could workaround this.We are getting used to workaround things  :chomok03:

I hope I can explain this understandable. We could do the following (I use the amounts of Sean's example):

We could put every 4* card into a vending-machine like screen (for sure we could place a new "card trader" NPC for this). For exchanging one of the 4* card you get one ... let's call it 1* Card Coin. With 12 of this 1* Card Coins you will get a box which randomly yields one 5* card. We also put every 5* card into this screen. You can exchange one 5* card to one 2* Card Coin. For 15x 2* Card Coin you get a box which randomly yields 1x 6* Card.

The Card Coins won't be tradable or sellable.

Was this understandable? And if yes, what do you think about this? Would it be acceptable for you?

If the community seconds this workaround idea I could discuss this with the production team soon.

Edit: I changed the name of the exchange items to not confuse the non-native english speakers

Edited by VModPopcorn, 03 June 2015 - 10:59 PM.

#20 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

This would be a great idea, but as often the client does not support this kind of exchange. 

Problem: Every item has a unique ID and is from a specific type, but the client only supports exchange of one or multiple items of the same ID to exchange for another item.

But we could workaround this.We are getting used to workaround things  :chomok03:

I hope I can explain this understandable. We could do the following (I use the amounts of Sean's example):

We could put every 4* card into a vending-machine like screen (for sure we could place a new "card trader" NPC for this). For exchanging one of the 4* card you get one ... let's call it 1* Card Coin. With 12 of this 1* Card Coins you will get a box which randomly yields one 5* card. We also put every 5* card into this screen. You can exchange one 5* card to one 2* Card Coin. For 15x 2* Card Coin you get a box which randomly yields 1x 6* Card.

Was this understandable? And if yes, what do you think about this? Would it be acceptable for you?

If the community seconds this workaround idea I could discuss this with the production team soon.

Edit: I changed the name of the exchange items to not confuse the non-native english speakers

Hmm, this actually sounds like something considerable. At least in my poor PVE player only point of view.

However, I think it comes very close to the idea of Sean. Actually in my opinion it is the exact same idea, just with a slight work around.  :p_smile:

I don't think that this would be game breaking. And I see no harm done to the game, the economy and everything should this get implemented. There is still lots and lots of farming involved, no free candy at all. But I get your point with "at least by implementing this we are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel".

#21 CigBock

CigBock

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:10 AM

Hmm, this actually sounds like something considerable. At least in my poor PVE player only point of view.

However, I think it comes very close to the idea of Sean. Actually in my opinion it is the exact same idea, just with a slight work around.  :p_smile:

I don't think that this would be game breaking. And I see no harm done to the game, the economy and everything should this get implemented. There is still lots and lots of farming involved, no free candy at all. But I get your point with "at least by implementing this we are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel".

def not de same idea. lul

#22 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

It can't be a random card from those boxes since it defeats the purpose of multi-elements being more rare than single elements. Since the cards themselves cannot be put into the vending or exchange NPC then have the box contain the 6* card corresponding to that element and level.

An example for a working variant in simpler terms:

1x g6 (lvl 61-70) single 4* card will get one coin for the corresponding element variant = 1x blue (ice) 1x red (fire) 1x black (dark) 1x green (nature)

We could say that you need 12x coins but that defeats the purpose and creates more hassle. Simply exchange 180 coins for a single element G6 card box corresponding to the coins handed in which represent the element that you receive.

If the player wants to exchange for g7(lvl 71-80) then the blue coin requirement would be increased to 260 coins. While a g8 (level 81-90) would be increased to 340 coins.

By lowering and raising the coin limit per exchange depending on the card level, we can avoid unnecessary clutter.

--

g6 single element 4* = 1 coin (blue/red/black/green) to represent the elements

180 coins = box that contains g6* card box. the card box contains the element corresponding to the coins handed in.

260 coins = g7

340 coins = g8

Edited by sean718, 04 June 2015 - 05:27 AM.

#23 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:35 AM

i'm going to participate to make sure this idea doesn't flop.

following these rules the only thing that doesn't make sense is the box containing random element cards. if you exchange for a box after handing in a card for a specific element while reasonably speaking, you are working for that element, then it doesn't make sense for the player to receive a different element than they are trying to obtain. the elements have to be fixed in order for this to work.

It can't be a random card from those boxes since it defeats the purpose of multi-elements being more rare than single elements. Since the cards themselves cannot be put into the vending or exchange NPC then have the box contain the 6* card corresponding to that element and level.

An example for a working variant in simpler terms:

1x g6 (lvl 61-70) single 4* card will get one coin for the corresponding element variant = 1x blue (ice) 1x red (fire) 1x black (dark) 1x green (nature)

We could say that you need 12x coins but that defeats the purpose and creates more hassle. Simply exchange 180 coins for a single element G6 card box corresponding to the coins handed in which represent the element that you receive.

If the player wants to exchange for g7(lvl 71-80) then the blue coin requirement would be increased to 260 coins. While a g8 (level 81-90) would be increased to 340 coins.

By lowering and raising the coin limit per exchange depending on the card level, we can avoid unnecessary clutter.

--

g6 single element 4* = 1 coin (blue/red/black/green) to represent the elements

180 coins = box that contains g6* card box. the card box contains the element corresponding to the coins handed in.

260 coins = g7

340 coins = g8

if they want to keep it simple then allow only g6 cards to be exchangeable for coins. otherwise you're going to have to raise the amount of cards necessary depending on level, to be exchanged for coins. 

this idea would be more ideal than receiving a random card from a box, 6* or not. 

Edited by noxis, 04 June 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#24 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:06 AM

There should be no random element to the card exchange. If I hand in Fire Attack cards, I want a Fire Attack card in return and not risk getting an Ice Resistance card (just an example). If that can't be achieved at present, it's better to wait until development takeover is complete and then implement things properly by updating Gwen.

No hodgepodge temporary solutions, that's what I think.

Edited by Laburey21, 04 June 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#25 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:14 AM

There should be no random element to the card exchange. If I hand in Fire Attack cards, I want a Fire Attack card in return and not risk getting an Ice Resistance card (just an example). If that can't be achieved at present, it's better to wait until development takeover is complete and then implement things properly by updating Gwen.

No hodgepodge temporary solutions, that's what I think.

Agreed.

Going by what popcorn is saying, we would have an NPC to exchange with similar to Gwen. 

Though I really don't like the idea of coins and boxes. Would prefer a further exchange with Gwen since he is the main element NPC.

Edited by sean718, 04 June 2015 - 06:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users