Elemental socket exchange for 6* attack cards - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Elemental socket exchange for 6* attack cards

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#26 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:32 AM

Just to understand:

You will put in an 12 x 4* Ice Element Card and get back 1 5* Ice Element Card - or - you want to put in 12 x Whatever 4* Card and choose which 1 5* Ice element card you get? 

What we can achieve is:

you put in 12 x 4* Ice Element Attack Card and get back 1 x 5* Ice Element Attack card 

you put in 12 x 4* Fire Element Resistance Card and get back 1 x 5* Fire Element Resistance card

what we can't achieve is

you put in 12 x 4* any Attack card and get back 1 x 5* Ice Element Attack card

that is sadly not possible.

#27 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:39 AM

Just to understand:

You will put in an 12 x 4* Ice Element Card and get back 1 5* Ice Element Card - or - you want to put in 12 x Whatever 4* Card and choose which 1 5* Ice element card you get? 

What we can achieve is:

you put in 12 x 4* Ice Element Attack Card and get back 1 x 5* Ice Element Attack card 

you put in 12 x 4* Fire Element Resistance Card and get back 1 x 5* Fire Element Resistance card

^ like this yes

what we can't achieve is

I also have a question, would this only be for single elements or can this be done for like fire/ice dual cards.

It would be the same process but dual cards

Edited by ScrambledCraig, 04 June 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#28 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:47 AM

Just to understand:

What we can achieve is:

what we can't achieve is

I have to quote myself because this could be somewhat confusing.

The only thing really possible is to:

you put in 12 x [Lv4] 4* Ice Element Card and get back 1x [Lv4] 5* Ice Element Card

The cards you put in have to be exact the same type of card.

#29 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:58 AM

Just to understand:

What we can achieve is:

yes.

12x4* = 1x5* 

15x5* = 1x6*

for all single elements involved. 

you should not be able to trade in 12x4* Ice for 1x5* Fire. 

whatever element you hand in, should be in exchange for a higher version of that same element. the whole purpose of this was so people can farm towards their goal. 

i highly suggest testing this out with single elements as a 'trial' run before implementing multiple elements since that involves more work. just to see the feedback we get from the players.

i also suggest letting g6 cards be the main exchangeable cards for coins since that is what most people farm. 

#30 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

This would be so much work for a dev

#31 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

Can we not limit the grade to just 6? Spare a thought for 60 bsqers and players that doesn't use secma glove and shoes (some might use elga 1/2part + 6 part pos)

#32 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

This would be so much work for a dev

this is why it should be for single elements at first and kept as an exchange for g6 cards. 

implementing more options for exchange is not out of the question, but let's cater to the masses if we're going to do this right while not overloading our staff.

#33 MongoMoves

MongoMoves

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

I think it will be applied to all grade. 6th grade is just an example.

#34 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

I think it will be applied to all grade. 6th grade is just an example.

correct. not excluding any grades. my suggestion was to simply start off on the masses.

#35 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

@mongo I dont think thats what noxis intend...

#36 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:13 AM

Let's just make sure they test it a few times before going live with it. That is if they do this.

#37 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

It can't be a random card from those boxes since it defeats the purpose of multi-elements being more rare than single elements. Since the cards themselves cannot be put into the vending or exchange NPC then have the box contain the 6* card corresponding to that element and level.

An example for a working variant in simpler terms:

1x g6 (lvl 61-70) single 4* card will get one coin for the corresponding element variant = 1x blue (ice) 1x red (fire) 1x black (dark) 1x green (nature)

We could say that you need 12x coins but that defeats the purpose and creates more hassle. Simply exchange 180 coins for a single element G6 card box corresponding to the coins handed in which represent the element that you receive.

If the player wants to exchange for g7(lvl 71-80) then the blue coin requirement would be increased to 260 coins. While a g8 (level 81-90) would be increased to 340 coins.

By lowering and raising the coin limit per exchange depending on the card level, we can avoid unnecessary clutter.

--

g6 single element 4* = 1 coin (blue/red/black/green) to represent the elements

180 coins = box that contains g6* card box. the card box contains the element corresponding to the coins handed in.

260 coins = g7

340 coins = g8

I second this idea. We don't want to be farming our brains out for a card which turns out to be a different element. So the different coloured coins for the different elements is a good solution.

There are single element, dual element, 4 element, and 5 element.

Attack: single x 4, dual x 2, and 4 ele and 5 ele.

Resist: single x 4, dual x 2, and 4 ele

You would need 15 different coins for one grade to make the duals and multielement separate from the rest and thus, more harder to obtain as they are more gamebreaking.

Also just skipping the 5* will simplified things as most people would agree 5* is quite useless.

Edited by Infin1te, 04 June 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#38 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

Poppie said the cards that you want to exchange have all to be the "same". Means for his example you would have to farm

12 Level 4 Ice 4* element attack cards to exchange it for 1 Level 4 5* Ice element card.

I think he tries to get out that an exchange like this for example would NOT work:

I have 3 Level 3 4* Ice element attack cards AND 7 Level 4 4* ice element attack cards AND 2 Level 2 4* Ice element attack cards (which makes a total of 12 cards and all are 4*, if I not messed math up completely XD)

and your plan is to exchange all of them for 1 single 5* ice element attack card.
-nope- does not work.

So you guys would need to farm the same element/state/level/and star card 12 times to make the exchange work. At least this is what I'm getting from Poppie's example.

The game can only handle the exchange of things that are exactly the same thing for the game, I guess it is based on ID.

Yup, I think that is what Poppie is trying to say.

Don't know if you guys already were aware of this or not. Like I said I'm pure PVE. But I thought I better point it out, just in case...  :p_smile:

Edited by Fliederduft78, 04 June 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#39 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:36 AM

Poppie said the cards that you want to exchange have all to be the "same". Means for his example you would have to farm

12 Level 4 Ice 4* element attack cards to exchange it for 1 Level 4 5* Ice element card.

I think he tries to get out that an exchange like this for example would NOT work:

I have 3 Level 3 4* Ice element attack cards AND 7 Level 4 4* ice element attack cards AND 2 Level 2 4* Ice element attack cards (which makes a total of 12 cards and all are 4*, if I not messed math up completely XD)

and your plan is to exchange all of them for 1 single 5* ice element attack card.

So you guys would need to farm the same element/state/level/and star card 12 times to make the exchange work. At least this is what I'm getting from Poppie's example.

The game can only handle the exchange of things that are exactly the same thing for the game, I guess it is based on ID.

Yup, I think that is what Poppie is trying to say.

Don't know if you guys already were aware of this or not. Like I said I'm pure PVE. But I thought I better point it out, just in case...  :p_smile:

the idea is it should be the same grade card, just a higher version of exchange, similar to gwen (if not the same principal).

card.png

#40 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

What we can achieve is:

This seems like how it should be. But you mentioned 'randomly' before.  :questionmark:

#41 jmanthebig31

jmanthebig31

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:56 PM

I really like this idea but I want to bring a cause for concern on the possibility of 5 ele 6* cards coming more often into existent considering how op demo ele is and that you cant guard against it with ele res in pvp things would become more chaotic even with those numbers for exchange wouldn't op players with ragged ghost just farm around 5k+ basics and just use it on g2 boxes I'm not to sure how often you would get a 5 ele card but it runs the risk of even deadlier ragged ghost set users I still support this idea 100% but I'd wouldn't want it to be applied to 5 ele cards.

I was also wondering would the exchange also affect res cards? ;o would we be able to see dual or even 4 ele 6* res cards come into the game lessening the affect of elements in pvp?

Edited by jmanthebig31, 04 June 2015 - 04:57 PM.

#42 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:21 PM

I really like this idea but I want to bring a cause for concern on the possibility of 5 ele 6* cards coming more often into existent considering how op demo ele is and that you cant guard against it with ele res in pvp things would become more chaotic even with those numbers for exchange wouldn't op players with ragged ghost just farm around 5k+ basics and just use it on g2 boxes I'm not to sure how often you would get a 5 ele card but it runs the risk of even deadlier ragged ghost set users I still support this idea 100% but I'd wouldn't want it to be applied to 5 ele cards.

I was also wondering would the exchange also affect res cards? ;o would we be able to see dual or even 4 ele 6* res cards come into the game lessening the affect of elements in pvp?

5-ele cards are so rare it isn't even considered funny. Only 2 6* 5-ele attacks are known to exist.

Ragged Ghost being socketable should've been fixed and rollbacked anyways. IM gear shouldn't have the ability to be socketed.

#43 ScrambledCraig

ScrambledCraig

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:26 PM

5-ele cards are so rare it isn't even considered funny. Only 2 6* 5-ele attacks are known to exist.

Ragged Ghost being socketable should've been fixed and rollbacked anyways. IM gear shouldn't have the ability to be socketed.

Bump

#44 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

This suggestion will just give you an assurance that you will get a 6* in the future. I don't think this is a good idea for me. We can farm elements cards for grade 4(41-50), 5 (51-60), 6 (61-70) but we can't farm cards for lvl 7(71-80) and 8(81-90) in dungeon. This will only promote lowbie capper lvl 70 below to easily stacked their element attacks.

#45 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

I'm pretty sure you can also stack resists. And if you are farming g4-6 for whatever reasons to make a 6* you will certainly have enough basics to buy a bunch of g1-3/7-8 boxes of atk or resist. 

#46 Elijazz

Elijazz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

Yes, that's right. You can also stack resists cards but you know that element attacks cards outbalanced the resists cards.

#47 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

Yes, that's right. You can also stack resists cards but you know that element attacks cards outbalanced the resists cards.

Enough 6* resists will work on 6* attacks. 61-65 and 66-70 at worse has +20 normal weapons with sockets and accessories. The highest ele attack I've seen at 65 is not much vs. the highest I've seen at 80 or 85 even where Element Elga's become available.

#48 drops1

drops1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Locationearth

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:31 AM

Just to understand:

What we can achieve is:

what we can't achieve is

been waiting for this  :p_love:  :p_love:

#49 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:10 AM

plus to add to sams comment the zodiac sets give a large bonus of protection, it would be easy for them to out balance a lower levels element atk

#50 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

lower level cards in exchange for higher level cards. 

there should be nothing random about it. 

i think gwen's system works fine, he just needs a little update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users